Does anyone still play this? Is this game alive?

Does anyone still play this? Is this game alive?

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2016/09/23/capcom_street_fighter_v/
youtube.com/watch?v=HFTvXXoDNRA
youtube.com/watch?v=LfEVcZ3anG0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRY0aMbSZEM
youtube.com/watch?v=BO9Dw7Mwt9c
steamcommunity.com/id/iamaqt
thescoreesports.com/streetfighter/news/9018-phenom-i-didn-t-like-sfv-from-the-start
youtu.be/Qd8jSIzybow
youtu.be/I3J8fA9yMoo
shoryuken.com/2016/09/26/initial-testing-shows-that-street-fighter-vs-input-delay-is-now-only-6-5-frames-on-playstation-4/
reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/548imu/i_am_rzr_xian_former_evo_champion_for_street/d7ztep9
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Still more alive than king of shitters and guilty shit

You can find a game in any region at any time of the day

Alive and well for a fightan game

no its dead

gets about 1-2k players maximum. its basically dead.

This. Longest I've waited for a match has been about 2 minutes.

Theres literally always matches to play even at 3 AM

Getting awfully defensive there.

If youre a tourney player, its been even better than 4

you are the defenseive, go play your shitty uguu anime games.

game is always packed with people playing

most alive fighting game there is at the moment

thats not saying much, but still

lol just lol

Latest update decreased the lag from 8f to 6.5f, comparable to KOFXIV.

Major and Local attendance is consistently impressive, given all the bad press the game has gotten.

Latest DLC character is considered viable and is probably the most complex in the game.

Things are looking up for SFV. Best time to get the game too, what with it being like $30 most places.

Only thing that sucks: PC has some kind of fucking rootkit in it.Supposed to prevent hacking, but it's still dangerous.

theregister.co.uk/2016/09/23/capcom_street_fighter_v/

He's right though

there's been a major event for SFV almost every week this year, and games are usually good

Last disappointing major I saw was one in May right before ColossalCon.

It's completely garbage but it still has about 10x the playerbase of everything else.

Fighting games are going the route of RTS.

>It's completely garbage

False.

The one big complaint people could use as a crutch (the input lag, which was the worse of any fighter ever) has been changed to comparable with KOFXIV, which everyone but that faggot Atma loves:

that feel when, in short succession:
>Moved away from IRL fightan friends
>My Stick broke
>Street Fighter V

I just quit the fightan game genre completely.

>deflecting to games nobody at all mentioned
Maximum defensive

My first statement is arguable.

The second statement is not.

the PC shit is gone though, they took that out the day after everybody blew up about it

>comparable to KOFXIV.
Wrong

How can anyone defend this game from a competitive standpoint? SFV has no execution barrier, neutral is a fucking joke thanks to stubby normals, slow walkspeeds, and high input lag, and zoning is unviable because of shitty fireballs and numerous tools to bypass them, many of which don't even require meter.

Are we even watching the same game when it's on stream? How many times did you see people jumping in, neutral jumping, and forward dash grabbing in 4? Almost never. I don't care if SFV players didn't like 1 frame links, option selects, or FADCs. The fact of the matter is that any other numbered SF4 title, including the entirety of the 4 series, had a higher skill gap, more impressive combos, a better neutral game that didn't just involve people dashing and jumping in different directions, and a more diverse array of viable playstyles.

Then again, I guess people can't defend it on a casual level either because of it's staggering lack of content even 7 months after launch. What a joke.

>Latest update decreased the lag from 8f to 6.5
False, input lag is now a universal 8f. It's just that you were playing with even more input lag if you used a ps4 fightstick before the patch.

>the input lag, which was the worse of any fighter ever

Someone isn't a Master of Tera Kasi.

That's a lie. Like SFV might be a better game than vanilla SF4, that's mostly up to opinions. However for tournament players, the lack of tech and high execution makes it so that the barrier between strong and weak players is lessened. That's not necessarily a bad thing at all, but it does make strong players more prone to losing to lower level players, because they can't overwhelm them as hard with just OSes and optimal stuff.

any other numbered SF title*

It's the only competitive fighting game at the moment.

Nothing else has enough of a playerbase to support a worthwhile competitive scene, even if they're far superior mechanically.

Despite all the hate and shit SFV gets chances are high that it will be alive the next few years while every fighting games dies after half a year tops. Personally I'm hoping that Tekken will at least live 2 years.

When's the last time a random player out of nowhere won a major?

>Neutral is a fucking joke because of stubby normals
>Zoning unviable because of shitty fireballs
Before you start talking, watch youtube.com/watch?v=HFTvXXoDNRA

First Attack

> it does make strong players more prone to losing to lower level players, because they can't overwhelm them as hard with just OSes and optimal stuff.
Explain Infiltration and Tokido.
Even Justin Wong curb stomps lesser players.

>Nothing else has enough of a playerbase to support a worthwhile competitive scene
This is such a shitty mentality and not even close to true, games do and have had strong competitive scenes with a fraction of the SF playerbase. If you have two people who practice with each other and those people are willing to travel then they can get competitive, fucking legions of absolute shitters who only exist to be fodder in pools (90% of the SF scene) are not necessary for a 'worthwhile competitive scene' and the fact you think so makes me think you are part of that 90% who probably bases his knowledge on FG scenes from fucking tournament streams.

It's the most played fighting game right now.

If people claim it's dead, what does that make games like KoFXIV or Guilty Gear? Decomposed? Worm shit?

Players don't matter, the game matters. And the game is shit unlike those games. Fighting games are not MMOs, they do not require thousands of players to not be dead.

It's obviously not impossible, but the gap between mid and low-level players isn't as wide as it was in any iteration of SF4. Top level players like Justin, Tokido, and the rest just have extremely solid fundamentals from the ground up, and don't necessarily need the crutches that SF4 give in order to be dominant.

KoF was almost a stillborn.

KOF XIV is 6.4, retard

cause its not like Crapcoms killed the fighting game scene before

And SFV is still 8, retard

John was sponsored and scouted by r/kappa. He did really well at charity cup.

What is this supposed to prove? Should I match your elitism and post a tutorial video on how to read frame data? Recovery on fireballs are universally higher in SFV. Guile's LP sonic boom recovered in 21 frames in USFIV. Now it recovers in 28 in SFV, not even enough time to anti-air after throwing one unless you about 3/4 to full screen distance. It's a fucking disgrace.

and it is still a dead game online.

I think elitism is being generous

Completely delusional and lacking any understanding of his own game is closer to it

Plinking in SFIV solved the problem on 1f links; almost nothing in that game was impressive when EVERYONE learned to link.

The shit about zoning and neutral is just false as well, in addition to the lag which is, again, reduced to 6.5

>the gap between mid and low-level players isn't as wide as it was in any iteration of SF4
Not true, the gap was always small between mid and low level players.

youtube.com/watch?v=LfEVcZ3anG0 This is quite literally the norm between low and mid level players.

Highly skilled players are very consistent, even if upsets still happen.

To say SF5 is more prone for top players to lose is just silly.
The same people still keep winning tournaments because skill still matters even in a simplified fighting game.
I do miss USF4 though

>mfw playing urien online

>mfw scrubs always mash moves on wakeup

>mfw f.mp -> f.hp meaty

A "reactive" player crying.

I'm not wrong.

If your game's playerbase has less than 5 US players who can actually take games from people on an international stage, it might as well be dead.

At that point, nobody is really competing for anything. It becomes a circlejerk for who can put the most time into their niche game, rather than who is the most talented player.

>mfw

It is not false. The only viable playstyle in the game is rushdown based around a dash in>throw mixup game. Every character does this, and if your character isn't good at it the character is shit.

The game was tailor made to make zoning/defensive playstyles an absolute nightmare to do and not at all worth attempting, and from a framedata standpoint they are objectively worse in every way - leaving aside the fact that almost every character has been given an easy anti-fireball tool that completely shits on any attempt whatsoever to zone and makes the risk/reward so skewed to the person being zoned that there's no way Capcom didn't know exactly what they were doing.

That is SFV. There is nothing more to it than that. There is no footsies, at least in a reactionary sense, you dash in and play a guessing game weighted in your favour, do your meaty setup afterwards and then do a mixup again. Doesn't matter who you're playing that's what you're doing.

>playing Gief
>urien scrubs always aegis and think they have an opening
>lariat through that shit and punch them in the face

>legions of absolute shitters who only exist to be fodder in pools (90% of the SF scene) are not necessary for a 'worthwhile competitive scene'
Yes, they are. 20 guys playing a game is not a competitive scene its a hobbyist club.

But why do you still suck at the game?

Playing dead fighting games competitively is equivalent to speedrunning in my mind.

It's not a real competition. It's just a bunch of fat autists too lazy to be good at anything meaningful.

Playing dead fighting games for fun is perfectly acceptable though.

You are wrong. The vast majority of fighting games that are not Capcom developed prove you wrong, and you show a staggering level of complete ignorance about fighting game scenes in general. Just fucking stop.

There comes a point when someone is so lacking in knowledge that there's no point even explaining and you're at that point.

Also, what the fuck
>game's playerbase has less than 5 US players who can actually take games from people on an international stage
Then there's a fucking international scene so what are you fucking crying about? Do you think the top players on that international scene got to where they were from playing on fucking PSN and going to one local tournament a year? No, they didn't, they fucking travelled just like the 5 US players could but won't because they're shitters like you who make excuses.

And for the record, many high level players do practice in small local scenes that often do have about 5 players, so again you just don't have a clue what you're talking about.

SFV is boring as FUCK to watch too. Nothing interesting ever happens.

You say neutral and zoning and act like they are separate things.
You say there is tons of tools to bypass zoning and that's just fucking stupid.

You're even acting like 7 frames of recovery is enough to completely invalidate Guile's defensive playstyle yet there's lots of videos and matches showing this isn't how it is.
Use your fucking V-Skill.

You seem upset friend. You are welcome to provide an example at any time.

This. I love SFV. But it's fucking boring to watch compared to 4.

yes and yes

>you dash in and play a guessing game weighted in your favour, do your meaty setup afterwards and then do a mixup again
Your statement is literally so generic it applies to every single fighting game ever created

what does stubby normals mean?

Right, I forgot that only one playstyle was allowed in SFV. We should just ridicule anyone that enjoyed the fundamentals that have been staples of the series since ST, since the only thing that's "hype" is knockdown into shimmy into punish throw tech into knockdown into stun into death. And who needs a neutral game with viable fireballs and pokes when we can just dash forwards, dash backwards, neutral jump just because, and jump-in to get that offense started? Fuck any sort of clean playstyles that used to separate the pros from the scrubs.

capcucks with botnet

need help with urien ASAP.

This guy literally has no anti air game.
Everything i try gets countered, or if i pre empt it it trades.

what is uriens goto anti air? the slow ass fireball?

It means you have to take another step forward to hit peoples limbs instead of doing it slightly further back, making a bad guess lead to a potential combo instead of just losing about 80 HP

Zidane
MarlinPie
LostSoul
Lord Knight
GCYoshi

Here you go, 5 US GG players that can take on people in international games

>Juri, and everyone else for that matter, is still unga bunga rushdown

Games dead to me. Give Juri her old playstyle back and I'll pick it up again.

>implying I'm just not going to be a bitch and run away the entire match

>implying I love gief and gief players but goddamn the red cyclone is scary

I feel bad, but points are points

Is it safe to install now?

nope you fucked if you updated urienbro

Elbow will trade
Up fireball is preemptive
Air to air is your best bet

I just gave you a detailed explanation. I'm sorry if you're too fucking stupid to understand that games that were not SF2, SF4 and SF5 actually have and had competitive scenes, with large chunks of those scenes being people who came from and made their names in the smaller scenes in the first place, but your ignorance is not my problem to fix.

a2a is the best bet so far. air mp seems to work a lot.

people are jumping in on me for free, buts probably more my issue as i never had to worry about that with ryu.

I'm playing it right now, and I actually get opponents.
If I try to do the same on Guilty Gear Xrd, maybe 50 people are on.

>so generic it applies to every single fighting game ever created
Sounds like SF5 to me

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRY0aMbSZEM

look at that shit

entertaining as FUCK

what's SFV got?

nothing

if you can react shoulder will trade, allowing a followup netting the trade in your favor

if its a near fullscreen jump use forward medium punch, beats nearly anything.,

If it's a close jumpin/over use standing heavy kick, it works like ryu's and covers you 180 degrees above your head

Just do the universal anti-air counter: when you see them jump in, you do your own jump in. Yeah, it's a shitty way to counter it, but that's what happens when you let combofeind design your game

Are you hype for the inevitable rushdown sagat?

MarlinPie, Lost Soul, and Zidane are the only ones really worth mentioning imo. There's a power gap there.

Lord Knight and GCYoshi are definitely up there but they split their time off too much to other games. Don't really blame them for it.

You wanna see me on fightcade?

I'm down to play some of the older stuff even if I'm not as great at them as I'd like to be.

aw yeah man, cant way to tiger knee my opponent into the corner then tiger uppercut because they will no doubt remove his tiger shot

No, I'm not. The point isn't even anything to do with me jesus fucking christ

Nice dodge desu

I grinded my way to ultra gold yesterday with Necalli and i was mentally exhusted after doing so.
I seemed like after hours of playing this game that i would sometimes just lose randumly to someone that was wores then me in avery way because they just keep hitting buttons for no fucking reason at all.
On the other side sometimes i win and just feel like i didn't do anything that match and that makes me even more angry.

The fucking hit and hurtboxes also piss me off to an enfuriating extend now.
All of the moves have retarded hitboxes so you get punished for trying to get in because sometimes people will just fucking run into your wiffed MP and then you get a combo, you also can't react to jumpins because the hitbox is fucking huge so it will hit you before while you are trying to AA.

The stun in this game racks up way to fast and if you get touched by anything after you have already eaten a combo it's basically GG form there.
It rewards offence way to much and leaves nothing for defensiv players, it also kills the flow of the match because the game becomes extremely momentum based as everything does a million damage

I hope that there is a big update coming because right now im fucking pissed at this game.
Holy fuck i don't ever want to fight a Ryu ever again

Congratulations, I hope you were merely pretending to be retarded and are not actually retarded. Last reply you're getting from me.

thanks ill try that next match

Dead compared to 4, alive compared to every other fighting until the new Tekken comes out.

Hah, more likely knee becomes a v-reversal and they give him some shitty target combo.

>Does anyone still play this? Is this game alive?

Takes maybe 2 minutes tops to find an opponent on 5-bar only.

I don't think it's a very good game, but if you're worried about not having people to play against online, that's not an issue.

Fuck those pointlessly long load times, though.

>use your fucking v-skill
except it has even more recovery than sonic booms and is just as punishable to jump-ins. Thanks to the immensely higher recovery on sonic booms, Guile is only capable of actual zoning from 3/4 of the screen or farther away, enough distance for you to charge a flash kick if they jump over your sonic boom.

From any range closer than that, sonic boom is just an ordinary fireball that you have to make a commitment to use. Even Nash has significantly less recovery on his projectile, which is why you see people anti-airing after throwing one more than Guile players do.

Throwing a sonic boom and anti-airing afterwards from midrange has been a staple of playing the character since ST. In SFV, once people get in that range you are almost completely fucked. Throw a sonic boom? You better not hope that they jumped or your dead. Not pressing buttons? Enjoy those 8 frames of input lag because you won't be able to react to Nash or Ryu's fast as fuck Makoto dashes and they'll probably grab you before your jab comes out.

Playing at the midscreen range where you were just outside of range for your main pokes used to be where most of the fun of Street Fighter was. In SFV its a fucking stressful range to be in because of the high input lag and the universally less safe options for any characters outside of maybe the top tiers. Maybe Karin and Chun can stay in poking range at that distance or Ryu and Nash can forward or backdash or whatever, but most characters either have to make some sort of hard read, neutral jump, jump-in, jump back, or block and risk getting hit by some stupid shit that you would have been able to punish without the input delay.

I know the SFV defense force likes to just dismiss 8frames as some sort of meme complaint, but it's the biggest reason why playing this game is such a terrible ordeal at that range.

fighting a good offensive ryu, nash or chun is one of the worst experiences ever 2bh

>Holy fuck i don't ever want to fight a Ryu ever again

Ryu is one of the characters I never mind fighting against. He has no gimmicks or bullshit that benefits from online lag.

Just admit you are not willing to learn. Just making excuses.

It's not even 8 frames anymore user.

Try to keep up.

When Capcom Cup?

It has been explained multiple times already that that is not true

Try to keep up.

Haters don't want to let go of the meme

Quit trying to play like 4. DP's only work preemptively now. Just do a universal aa. And if you're still getting beat without knowing why, you still got a lot to learn, regardless of rank. Ideally, you're pretty much in neutral game spamming footsies because the defensive game in neutral is crazy.

Not that guy, but it's not exactly hard to play the style that SF5 favors. It's just boring.

>did survival as Necalli
>lose once
>win second time
>don't get any rewards

What the fuck fix this shit.

That j.lk is probably THE most bullshit move in the game.

injustice 2 will sell 10x more copies and I'm going to play it because I will find maches instantly. Also as long as netkode is solid I'll rank up and fight top players either way.

youtube.com/watch?v=BO9Dw7Mwt9c

He's right you know

Store your V-Skill, use mk chariot.

Your other AAs are F+MP, stuff their jump with MK, Aegis, and C.HP

Capbros.....we failed........

Ryus jumping hurtbox might as well not exist
he also shits out damge with a 3 hit combo
Lord help you if he get's you with a lk jumpin and has full bar

>spamming footsies
How the fuck you spam footsies

It's literally 6-7 frames of lag now.

If you don't let go you'll never get good at anything.

You have no idea what you're talking about

>universal aa

What?

Have you tried alternating between your vskill and your sonic booms? Because v skill prevents a lot of jumps over your sonic booms

Its because people still want to use the 8 frames as a reason to why they suck.

I did learn. I learned how to forward dash into nonsense when people aren't pressing buttons, I've learned to occasionally neutral jump just in case someone tries some bullshit forward dash or something that wouldn't even be a viable option in a good street fighter, I've learned to jump more because anti-airs either do no damage or are too slow to consistently use on reaction in an unresponsive game, and I've learned to not get as angry when people use the same strategies on me.

In fact, the only reason I'm so throughly shitposting about this games faults is because I HAVE learned and adapted enough to understand why SFV is such a piece of shit in detail.

If anything, I can assume that your canned responses and baseless assumptions only either prove your own ignorance or they prove that you have never been competent at a fighting game that doesn't reward scrub tactics as much as SFV does.

It doesn't deserve to be, but the FGC loves to eat fresh shit even if it is just shit (Mortal Kombat X, Street Fighter V, KOF XIV)
At least the new Tekken will be good and Sm4sh is good

The reduced frames only apply if you used certain fightsticks which added delay IN ADDITION to the 8 frames which still exist

Isn't pic related more of an issue with Balrog's hitbox? I mainly play Bison, and as long as I'm on point with cr hp, I love it when people jump in, because they're just going to get hit.

>Sm4sh is good
Lost all credibility

Smash 4 is just as poorly designed

>Sm4sh
>Good
Bait.

SCRUB Tactics. Said like a true loser.

DSP was only decently competent at Super Turbo a long time ago, but that's still enough to get a decent grasp on why SFV is a mechanical failure and shouldn't be allowed to be played competitively.

>Muh Skullgirls

NOT REAL STREET FIGHTER. THIS GAME ISN'T REAL STREET FIGHTER. Gootecks is that you?

What about those of us with 5 frames of input lag on PC who still think the console input lag is bullshit / something that needs to be fixed?

I actually hate that game, but if you're seriously going to pretend that high level skullgirls never existed due to a small playerbase you are delusional

Why would Gootecks dislike 5? He's better at 5 than he was at 4.

Not even that, he was good at a tournament that for the first time switched from CPS2 ST to ST on ps2 via one of those SF collections. There was enough of a difference for the pros to be thrown off.

There probably was, but I doubt anyone was really trying to push the game that far. High level is relative. That's the problem though.

>can't react to jump-ins
>with NECALLI of all characters
I'm going to tell you something senpai. Jumps in sf5 are universally the slowest they have been in any street fighter. Necalli has a 3 frame stand jab with an absurdly tall hitbox. Against any Necalli over super gold it should be nigh impossible to jump in on him without a set up ( knock down/ slow fireball). Go back to the lab and practice.

Its what he said about 4. Then he only placed 4th at a single pro event after he was taking SFV very seriously. Then he was preaching that ryu was true street fighter then he switches to Mika.

its what sort of killed online is that it was hard to get into without getting blown up so hard that you couldn't even press buttons.

Unless you're zoning, you're pretty much going to shimmy back and forth doing your furthest reaching normal and trying to hit-confirm.

Anyone down for an NA lobby?

Everything in this game is fucked beyond repiar
just look at this shit

Some moves had random hitboxes.

>4's neutral
>any better

Oh, Cred Forums. Don't you ever change.

I wish Zidane would come back

The real issue i have with 5 is that basically the entire game revolves around pressing buttons at random. Even pros say this. Its all guessing.

is this the overwatch of fighting games?

You're wrong, it has been adjusted across the board to match 6.5. Look it up.

go for it, they usually fill up quick

Online is completely irrelevant to competitive fighting games.

There are a handful of players who got to competitive level online, but even those truly got good by going to offline tournaments.

Online is for fun. It is too different to offline to be anything more.

Yes, start one up. This shitposting is killing me

You're gonna have to provide some research to back up your thesis there asshat because i refuse to believe there is a single human being who could hold such a wrong opinion

you mean that the hurtbox retracts itself so you can't hit the edge of the hitbox?

That's not footsies, that's being a retard and asking the other player to whiff punish you. That's being really fucking bad at footsies.

I get that SF5 might make you think otherwise because the lag means players can't do that, but in every real game that would get you killed.

as opposed to sf4, where you got blown up and then lost after mashing wakeup ultra?

jesus fucking christ

SF4 was off on a lot of stuff but it wasn't nearly this bad

only about at that 3/4 screen range I mentioned earlier, where you want to be throwing sonic booms more frequently anyway because you'll have enough time to charge flash kick if they jump. V-skill has a small hitbox that will catch jump-ins from that range and also protect you from character specific horizontal stuff besides slides like Chun's and Sim's.

It's good to throw out raw and bait jumps, but that only worked consistently when the character first came out and people didn't know what they were doing against him.

Everyone is good at mixing up their jump timing now when they see raw v-skill now so Guile really needs better sonic boom recovery to not get completely bullied at that 1/2 screen range that he used to be good in. But that's a universal thing to anyone who isn't a top tier because the game itself is a scramble when you're at that distance, mostly thanks to input delay and super fast dashes.

Is it really that outlandish that more than a few people that have played past Street Fighter games are saying that SFV almost completely did away with the fundamentals of the series and that it's shit? Even Third Strike, while making once fundamental things like anti-airing a risk, had its own unique but deep way of playing the neutral game and footsies. SFV is just a clusterfuck unless you're fullscreen or right upclose to somebody.

Random forward dashes, jumping frequently, and whiffing sweeps used to be common practices of 1000 PP or less shoto players in SF4. Now they're fundamentals of SFV. How is that not scrub tactics?

Anyone else get pushed to finally devote themselves to guilty gear by SFV?

Xrd is really good.

>Blah blah blah slow jump ins blah blah
Yea no shit i know about Necallis AA jap it's retarded as fuck and has no reason to work as well as it does and even then it still wiffs completly sometimes for no reason.

Don't even get me started on hi DP
it is the shittiest "true" reversal in the game and gets beat out but stuff all the time on jumpins

I was surprised to see that he did some of the work on frame data and hitboxes for the super turbo wiki on shoryuken. He only performed well on that crazy port, but I think he was somewhat knowledgeable on the game as well.

>I play fighting games
>the micro-transaction ridden fighting games
>the on-disc DLC fighting games
>the lock majority of fighters behind a paywall fighting games

>Random forward dashes, jumping frequently, and whiffing sweeps used to be common practices of 1000 PP or less shoto players in SF4. Now they're fundamentals of SFV. How is that not scrub tactics?

you've....got a point there.

Yes. I play FONG and it pisses people off online, especially Ryu fireball spammers

Over SF4's lifetime, I won probably thousands of games with nothing more than midrange pokes.

I'll be the first to admit that it wasn't SF4's favored playstyle (especially during AE) but even for scrubs like me it was viable up to a very high level. And at the highest level, it was the key to, for example, Infiltration's anti-Elena Chun in Ultra.

>Cred Forums fighting game thread

I should make a bingo for this kind of situation.

They have been saying that since SF2CE. People cry a lot.

I'd hope not.

The only reason "pros" play it is because it's where the money is at.

SFV NA Lobby:

Lobby name: YouMadHermano
Password: 1111

Any skill level is welcome to join.

>anime degen thinks his opinion matters about anything
back to the hole you crawled out from m8, the grownups are talking.

It's fucking sad that SF will always have players simply because of franchise legacy. No matter how shit the game is, it will always have players because it's SF and people don't want to branch out and try new franchises.

I fucking hate Capcucks.

Im the shit urien from the uk, hope its not too laggy

apart from lp anti air and that lk jumpin and ridiculous damage? Yes.

>3 was praised back when 4 was the main game
>now 4 is praised when 5 is the main game

You guys are fucking awful, the only reason I enter these threads is to laugh at the clueless people pretending they play fighting games.

I've actually become a KoF player because SFV failed me in every single way imaginable. I'm enjoy XIV and I'm looking into fightcade to play '98.

If he didn't act like dick maybe people would actually give him more respect for that top 8

Really, it's only his own fault that people had such negative feedback toward him placing high

East coast or west coast?

No shit, buddy. But that's how you play 5. Also
>implying I let my pokes whiff

Texas

ST and 3S still hold up.

I am honestly surprised that anyone misses SF4.

SF4 was at least as bad as SF5 is.

Wow you can combo several times the same sequence. What a shit game.

no it doesn't

its incredibly consistent compared to literally every anti air save for chun li st. lk and invincible dp's (which as necalli YOU HAVE).

There are a plethora of characters in this game with ACTUAL shitty aa's. Don't come in here bitching about a character that has all the good ones.

Lads give me Vega tips. What's his best punish combo?

I really hated 4, but if i had to choose 4 or 5 i would choose 4 anyday.

I just wish 3s was balanced at all.

Do you not have flash kick and sonic boom charged together at all time? You know you can have them both charged at the same time, right?

Yeah, it's still active. Though, if you don't practice pretty regularly, prepare for some anal pounding.

Whats the lobby under? I'm booting up now.

How the fuck do you even react to Chun Li's crossup jump attack? That's literally the first time I feel 8 frames because I definitely react to it before it hits but I still can't block it.

How are you gonna tell me that my locals havent had more people coming for 5 than ever came for 4. Seriously im lying? Ok. Game broke records this year at evo. I dont care what you think about V because chances are you are ass at fighters like the rest of Cred Forums.

Cant ever talk about fighting games on Cred Forums. Scrubs FAR outnumber anyone in the actual scene. Fuck you people who come to this thread just to act like you know shit

I didn't like SF4 and played KoF13 instead until last year but no SF4 really is a lot better.

As much as I think FADC was stupid, ultras were stupid, 1 frame links were irritating, characters like Fuerte were a fucking joke and let terrible players beat far better ones on sheer guessing games, it's still easily better than 5 purely because it allowed more than one playstyle and there was some degree of variety in the game.

I also think ST is shit though. That is a properly busted game. Anyone who has ever held ST up as something other games to aspire to should be shot.

search battle lounge
filter password to on

I could usually find something to like about every numbered SF title despite the changes, but it's not happening with SFV. There aren't enough viable playstyles and the one viable one, the offensive one, doesn't require enough execution or have enough flexibility to be exciting.

I still play it because it's easy and popular, but I still want people to be aware of it's faults when it's so glaringly obvious how and why it's factually worse than any of the other games. It's also unfortunate that deeper fighting games that are currently out don't get as much attention as SF because of the artificial hype and the mouth breathers that discredit anyone pointing out that SFV is a mechanically inferior game as scrubs or "people that can't win" or whatever.

I wonder why anyone still plays it after the recent fiasco.

Probably because there arent any alternatives if you want a non dead 2d fighting game.
But i still would rather not use products of that company anymore.

Third Strike is the best SF mechanically imo, but yeah the balance is a problem.

At least it's not like some other games where the top tiers are hilariously broken.

Third Strike's problem is more that half of the cast are nearly unplayable. They have some of the worst normals I've ever seen and some don't even have real combos.

Dash under it.

Everytime i hear someone call sf4 as bad as sf5 the only thing i hear is "i couldnt fadc reliably" or "i hate sagat because his fireballs are imbalanced"

>At least it's not like some other games where the top tiers are hilariously broken.
L M A O

Lobby is up, 3 of us here so far.

No one cares about how "deep" your game is. All that matters is if people find it fun to play. A lot of people do. If you don't, then don't play it. Quit trying to make people feel bad for enjoying a game just because YOU don't like it.

You didn't read the sentence directly after that.

3s Chun Ryu Ken are pretty tame compared to most of the shit in ST and SF4.

I'm pretty sure no one ever actually said those when making that criticism

Pretty much. My fightan group wasn't really a fan of SFIV (I didn't like it at all) so SFV is on the verge of being dropped on fight nights. It's pretty much a side game at this point. If any SF gets played it's Alpha 3 or 3S.

Basically we're just playin Revelator, KOF XIV and awaiting Central Fiction and the new Tekken.

XIV is really, really fucking fun. I've had friends finally get into the series due to it. Kinda sad that some people might overlook it due to the graphics.

I hope Capcom somehow overhauls SFV or makes tweaks to the game via updates. I won't lie: seeing Mika, Alex and Urien in one game is awesome since they're my favorites. Just sucks that I find it a chore to play.

MAN I SURE MISS
ULTRA
BACKDASH BACKDASH
UNSAFE MOVE FADC BACKDASH
BACKDASH
50% OUT OF AN ULTRA
THROW TECH MASH
ALMIGHTY LIGHTS
BACKDASH
FIGHTER 4

> It becomes a circlejerk for who can put the most time into their niche game, rather than who is the most talented player.

Define Talent please.
Also why should someone with "innate Talent" win more often than someone who actually puts work in?

Have you ever touched a sf beyond V?

Isn't it unsafe? If I do this I give Chun Li more safe moves and she will abuse it all the time.

I've played 3rd Strike, SFIV and SFV on relatively high competitive level.

SFIV is by far the most neutral based game out of those and certainly the one where you have to put in the most work to have an edge.
OS apart from basic ones weren't even that relevant in the game

Meant Yun, not Ryu.

I havent played in a while? anyone wants to play? I am from the uk so if you are american east coast only pls.

No they're not, I read the entire comment and you have no idea what you're talking about
>3s Chun Ryu Ken
>Ryu
>No Yun

Well better than dash n' mash slowassfighter 5 with Toys r' us execution levels.

What is it then? All i ever hear is that the game is shit and usually no reasons are provided or shit like "i hate 1f links and focus attacks" like those are legitimate reasons to completely disregard the game

I'm UK too, but I'll only be able to play for a while because I have work in the morning.

I haven't properly played since April.

What's your ID?

Give me your steam lad.

It's just a hobby if there's not enough competition.

It's like speedrunning.

You can pretend there's some intense rivalry going on between you and the other 10 people who care, but it's not the same.

Oh nooo
the executionnn
what will I do without 1 frame linksss
how am I going to trainingboar nooww

How is Tekken? Is it fun?

Sure, but the second that you're holding down back people are just going to forward dash grab you without being punished because of input lag on top of necessarily fast forward dashes. And if you start throwing booms again to protect you from that mixup you're at risk to getting jumped on when you wouldn't have been in any other SF game.

Try playing a stationary Guile in SFV and see how quickly you'll lose to Ken players that do random run mixups and Nash or Ryu players that forward dash grab or forward dash into sweep or some other nonsense. You won't get far. There's a reason why people are almost constantly moving in high level SFV. The down back holding that worked in SF4 doesn't work anymore.

>Implying Genei Jin wasn't just as ridiculous as top tiers in ST
Yun is a shit that ruins the games he is in.
SF4 doesn't have anything as powerful, even Genei Jin is weaker thanks to the much longer standardized super meter.

>join lobby
>platinum birdie player

oh god here we go...

>Players don't matter
What a dumb thing to say. What else keeps a game "alive" other than players. If nobody plays your game, it's dead. Plain and simple.

steamcommunity.com/id/iamaqt

What does that have to do with anything i said?

I didnt defend the small size of the community, i just though your point about "talent" was nonsense.

I agree that competition with such a small playerpool is less valid, but i dont agree with that talent argument.

I immediately regret my decision.

Dude just play whatever you like. Anything is better than trying to discuss fighting games - or videogames, for that matter - in here.

There is a difference between turbo easy and super hard you know?

SF5 wouldnt have needed to go this easy with it.
Not even bad players drop stuff in this game.

How are they not legitimate? People might think 1f links were to strict for critical combos and plinking did mitigate it but imagine if plinking didn't exist, it actually would be a problem.

Focus attacks (I'm assuming you're not just talking about FADC) were also criticised, often by established players of the game. I won't start on making DPs safe etc. Focus attacks were criticised as being 'anti-footsies' in that it became possible to absorb and punish traditional footsies with certain characters with little risk to the defending player, which I also think is a reasonable thing to dislike.

Don't be a fanboy who just invents strawmen and pretends that everyone who dares to criticise your game are delusional retards with arguments a child could shut down, that's rarely the case.

Bullshit, guile is still good in this game.
He's even a counter to the best character in the game - Chun.

Fair enough. I could have worded it better.

its not what it looks user I just want to play video games.

But it's not rare to see people dropping stuff in top 8?

I actually wanted to say there is a middleground.

But they went on both ends of the spectrum with sf4 and sf5.

Is Nash still the only way to win tournaments or did they nerf him?

I meant
>hold back to charge boom
>immediately slide to down-forward to shoot it and charge kick
>see how they react
>kick or go back to charging boom
With proper reads, the only time someone can do a jump in is if they tank the sonic boom and I didn't account for it

Well since you formulated that as a question, is it?

I dont watch streams very often.
I just feel it shouldnt happen in highlevel play, since there is nothing that hards to execute.

Nash and Chun

Obviously if you take it to an unrealistic extreme. I assumed that went without saying but clearly not.

If you read the second half of the post the point was that fighting games do not require massive communities of thousands with tons of online lobbies and tournaments to function. Fighting games need two players. A community of 100 dedicated players who travel is barely any worse than a community of 10000. This is pretty obvious, since top level SF is not really any more impressive or has higher standards of top players than much less popular games. Often it's the opposite, it's decided more by the nature of the game and its own skill ceiling and what it rewards than player quantity, which is my point.

SFV will have shit tons more players than anything else, but the game is shallow so the top level will not be exponentially higher than GG for example. GG probably will have more technical skill at top level purely because the game rewards technical skill more and requires it more despite having a far smaller playerbase.

Tell that to VF. It's doing so well at tournaments. Oh wait.

Its sooooooooo laggy

Don't hype up GG too much. There's a reason MarlinPie is the only one anybody knows about. The rest of them are terrible at everything else.

There's loads of great top level VF players, what are you talking about?

I don't really follow VF but I'm pretty confident the VF scene will hold their own tournaments and the top players will play there and enjoy their competitive scene as much as anyone else. I don't really get your point here unless you mean as a spectator sport - but I'm not talking about spectators, I'm talking about players.

Im just saying, you can win in 4 without 1f links, but you stood a greater chance of winning if you put in the work to learn them, which is fair isnt it? And you can dislike focus attacks all day but did it seriously harm the game so massivly? Its such minor aspects of the game. And DP-fadc on wakeup still cost 2 bar and was a defensive option which is a thing people are screaming at V for lacking them

I only care that this game is being forced to be the main competitive fighting game because of esports money and the corrupt people receiving it shilling to everyone and denying the games glaring flaws just to keep the money and "hype" train rolling. Especially when literally every fighting game out right now is mechanically superior and has enough depth to justify being played at a competitive level, including any other numbered Street Fighter game.
Random backdashing also didn't get you fucking killed because you had too much input delay to punish it like it does with random forwardashing in SFV. I'll take the overpowered defensive options of SFIV over the overpowered offensive options of SFV any day because of that. At least the worst thing that happened when Rose backdashed out of my pressure in USFIV was a return to neutral. The worst thing that can happen when Nash randomly forward dashes on me is death.

So you hate it because it's popular? Hipster much?

Why do you think I'm even talking about America? America is just shit at those games and always has been. You could say the same shit about KoF, yet an American won KoF13's evo one year despite America being traditionally shit at KoF. Do you think no one has ever reached top level in a game who didn't live in an area it was popular in?

>Just joined
>The entire lobby is platinums and one bronze

think not.

Necallis DP is ass and gets beaten by jumpins all day
It has this retarded arc that makes it wiff sometimes even when you do catch them early

Im not even gonna bother going into the lab to check because you a probably right, it does beat everything when you see it coming but the thing is people are retarded and don't alway jump at the right length

I get stuff so often with it online it's insane.
I don't even try to do it anymore because i hate it so much.

Isnt the fact that we didnt have such a huge amount of heated threads for 4 a sign that V isnt satisfactory?

You weren't here in 2009.

>Necallis DP is ass and gets beaten by jumpins all day

Do you know what invincibility is?

From what that dude posted it seems he knows more than you apparently.

STUBBY NORMALS REEEEEEEEEE

Don't bother, people still don't know how to AA properly in 2016.

For some reason they think everyone should be O.Ken and invulnerable up until the apex of their DP.

If we took Cred Forums as a measurement, nothing would ever be satisfactory.

2009 Cred Forums isn't the same as 2016 Cred Forums, idiot.

>Major and Local attendance is consistently impressive, given all the bad press the game has gotten.

Because Capcuck is funneling money into the scene. It's the same reason NRS' trash winds up at EVO when almost nobody plays it.

It's pretty great. There's been times when my cross up on a hard downed Necalli has been beaten out by it.

I don't even care if I'm being trolled here you better shut the fuck up, SFIV was all neutral basically.

The only people that spout "hurr setplay" are the ones that had sub 3000pp and didn't even know what a safejump is.

2009 Cred Forums let games away with a lot less shit

Try having a Halo or Gears thread on 2009 Cred Forums

A point that had nothing to do with what I said.

People claim SFV is dead because "nobody plays it", but now you're saying fighting games don't need large playerbases and whether a game is dead or alive is decided by your arbitrary criteria.

Moving goalposts on top of being horse shit.

There is more than one person in this thread user

>He's even a counter to the best character in the game - Chun
Not even close. Chun's slide beats all of Guile's options, including both his rolling sobat and his upside down kick. He completely loses at any distance that isn't fullscreen as well because of her superior normals.
Yeah, I mentioned that you could get enough time to punish a jump with flash kick after throwing a sonic boom if you have enough screen distance. I didn't mention this method for charging because I thought it was self explanatory. It still doesn't work at any closer distance though because of the insanely high recovery on his projectiles. You just can't win with a purely zoning playstyle in this game except for a few extremely rare occurances. Even ISDD and Chris G just start jumping in once they lose that positioning.

Cred Forums hated those games because they were popular. Now that the Xbox isn't popular anymore, you can have mostly shitpost-free threads about them.

it only works for certain fightsticks you dunce, people who play on PC or use the PS4 pad still have 8 frames.

They hated them because they were shit and did huge damage to the genres that they still haven't fully recovered from

Now the kids that grew up on them are now old enough to post here sadly and drown out the older posters

random fadc viable for some character and vortexing getting so bad to the point were they tried to nerf it in ultra.

There is factual evidence as to why SFV is the worst street fighter game in the franchise discounting the obscure ones. There are always going to be complaints with new games when people compare them to old ones but V has been scrutinized much worse just because it's a factually worse game.

Some jumping attacks are plain bullshit, though.

Try anti-airing shit like Ryu's jumping LK or Ken's airborne tatsu without a DP. I play Juri and her dedicated anti-air buttons either whiff or get beaten. At best they trade. And her own "DP" is useless since it doesn't have invincibility without meter.

Of course you can't win a game by zoning. You only ever win a game by zoning if the other player is a scrub, even in 4. Zoning is meant to give you a favorable situation by making the opponent react. And it's super easy to regain position, since ukemi is so prevalent and everyone has v-reversals.

you were just shit m8

2009 Cred Forums actually played games.

That is also true.

Okay so Guile beats Chun is not only my opinion but also Ryan Hart, Valmaster, Luffy, Problem X and Tokido's.

>Slide being relevant in f.hk range
>Not realizing slide is one of the few moves that are whiffpunishable

She can't jump in either because of her floaty jump.
Winning the fireballgame vs. her is currently the only way to keep her from doing chun stuff.

Her MK DP is upper invuln and will beat every jump-in. It also beats some meaties straight up like Birdie st.hk.

Give it a try.

You better not be lyin' to me, user.

>Juri and her dedicated anti-air buttons either whiff or get beaten. At best they trade

This is the fundamental problem with the game. They made anti-air jabs too good and dedicated anti-air buttons (save for rare cases such a Birdie's cr.MP) really bad. Since the only punish on jump-ins is small damage, the opponent will NEVER be discouraged to jump because 1 jump in > 5 AA jab punishes

She is the only character I played in 5 for the short period that I played it. I am open to questions.

I actually researched things instead of complaining about the character.

So DON'T ANTI AIR JAB

Holy fuck I play Vega and sometimes I'm forced to do Nj.mk or bj.jab but it's ON YOU to space yourself in a way so you can get a good anti air off.

I mostly play in AA st.hk range because of that, adapt

This so much
>b-but this move is useless in this situation
Then don't put yourself in that situation, and learn how to get yourself out.

Joke's on me, Juri's AA jab is not even half as good as Necalli's or Ryu's. AA jabs are only a problem with specific characters like the aforementioned, Dhalsim, Zangief, and Alex. Honorable mentions to Chun-Li because she has a anti-air LK.

I don't think I've ever seen someone that makes sense in these threads, why do I even come here, being here as a competitive player is suffering

I play Birdie so anti-air jabs arent something I use. But "git gud" isn't a valid retort. not being able to punish AA's frequently leads to an extremely different gameplay dynamic where jump-ins are basically the end all be alls of getting damage since it's so low risk high reward.

The game is a steaming pile that no one would even consider playing if it just didn't happen to be called SF. It's like capcom deliberately tried to fuck everything up. Last time at my locals everyone was just playing IV instead

did you guys get a lobby going or what?

Matchup suggestions against Cammy, please.

I don't think I have beaten a single Cammy player beyond Gold. Which is odd because they play almost the same. You need to stick out buttons to prevent her from starting her meaty / throw shenanigans. Sticking out buttons is also the quickest way to catch a whiff punish or an instant divekick, so I don't really know what to do against the cunt.

Oh man, his headbutt is godly. I think it's multi-hit too.

SFV rewards jump ins for a different reason than "bad anti airs".

I'm not going to write an essay to explain but try playing a properly good player offline and you'll see that they don't have any issues anti airing you.

>you can't win a game by zoning
Have you never played ST or against a good Guile or Sagat player in 4? It's only in V and I guess Third Strike where it's a completely unviable playstyle to dedicate to.

Also punishing someone's reaction to fireballs has always been a part of the playstyle.

Throwing a fireball and anti-airing (or following up with a poke to punish focus attacks in 4) are fundamentals of the games. It's just that it's considerably weaker in SFV because it doesn't offer nearly as much reward as complete offense while still being just as risky because of weaker fireballs and higher input delay once you stop throwing them. That's why zoning is only a phase in SFV and not a playstyle, and even then it's stressful as fuck for the zoner because you can get jumped on at any time and lose 60% to an undroppable combo.

Her jab should be pretty good at beating everything but EX divekick. Even then it might trade if you time it right.

In general, abuse st.mk buffered into specials because it's your best normal. It should dump on most of her buttons at the range you two want to play at.

It's especially good at stopping shimmy because if you catch them on the walk forward you get the first hit of st.mk into special into super if you have it. If they continue to walk back, you get just the far hit and no special cancel so you're safe.

Yeah i just left it, was quite good but big skill gaps 2bh.

f.HK is so slow that it can be jumped on and whiff punishing is such a nonfactor in SFV that it's laughable. And if we want to cite players I can say that Chris G, who actually plays the character, says that the matchup is Guile's loss as well. I think out of all the players you mentioned only Ryan Hart plays Guile as a sub.

nah one hit but the hitbox is godlike and leads to reset right in front him, which is damn scary.

SFV rewards jump ins for a different reason than "bad anti airs"
Bad/risky dedicated anti-air buttons/moves are definitely part of it. How often does necali or ryu punish a jump-in with DP rather than a jab in an average game?

> it's stressful as fuck for the zoner because you can get jumped on at any time and lose 60% to an undroppable combo.
I don't see it as a negative, though. Playing defensively in Street Fighter meant you could sit back, throw your Sonic Booms or whatever, count on the tiny recovery window to not catch a jump in and maybe drink some wine while you're at it. SFV kind of evened the playing field. Before, playing defensively meant the attacker needed to do all the work and take all the risk. He needed to figure out a way around your defense while you could pretty much do your thing. Now you both need to use your brain.

Zoning is alive and well with Guile. The issue at hand really is the power and risk reward of jump ins.
They simply lead to too much damage.

Alright Cred Forums, talk to me about Urien, what is the difference between his headbutt move and his rush move aside from the headbutt being a EX reversal?

You said "upside down kick" which I'm assuming you mean f.Hk loses to slide - it's a point blank move where slide would be retarded to use.
What i meant is that even mentioning that makes no sense.

>Bad/risky dedicated anti-air buttons/moves are definitely part of it. How often does necali or ryu punish a jump-in with DP rather than a jab in an average game?

Whenever they could jab, they could also dp
I don't care about "the average game", I care about the eventual high level once people get used to it.
DPing is always superior and is what good players do most of the time, jab is a crutch for when you weren't ready and has low reward accordingly.

This is a pretty reasonable critique but zoning characters werent overpowered in 4 and usually never on top of tournament results so clearly it can be countered

This. SFIV got even bigger backlash, which means, IMO, SFV is doing something right.

>did it seriously harm the game so massivly?
If you don't have a safe 2-in-1, or a fast, safe, focus breaker, focus attack makes it impossible for you to play footsies, because the opponent can just focus attack backdash away from your pokes.

Guile, Balrog, Vega, T. Hawk, Guy, and Hugo are routinely fucked by the existence of Focus Attack. Also, anyone who wants to play a footsies oriented playstyle (Or zoning for that matter) is fucked by focus attack. This, combined with rushdown characters being buffed in every fucking version after Super, led to the game being a boring piece of shit.

You can say what you want about knockdown Oki in SFV, but at least that shit isn't as bad as AE2012. I've seen enough "Oki setup that combos into a 50/50, but also leads to a 50/50 on block" for one lifetime. Oki in SFV feels like SF2 Oki, but without shit like T-Hawk corner throw loop.

In fact, the reason I still praise SFV, is because it doesn't have anything as stupid as:
>Inescapable unblockable setups that never end (SF2, SF3)
>Requiring you know Option Selects to even get past a beginner level (SF3, SF4)
>TOD Combos (SFA3, SF3)
>Being able to get 50%+ damage super moves every round (SF4. Sometimes multiple in one round in SF3)
>Moves with random stun, damage, and reversal windows (SF2)
>Chain Combos (SFA)
>Unblockable custom combos (SFA2)
>Safe, true 50/50 oki setups (SF2, SF4)
>Mechanics that are intentionally used to fuck with zoning, oki, anti-airs, and footsies (SF3)
>Invincible Backdashes (SF4)

Compared to that, SFV's problems don't look so bad, and they look fixable.

nothing basically, headbutt does more stun, shoulder carries them to corner.

Most of your post is well thought out but I'm just going to point out that Vega doesn't struggle with opposing focus at all.

Source: Regularly played with arguably the best Vega in Europe

>uriens game revolves entire around him acquiring v-trigger and 1 ex meter in order to win
>then you need to mix up your opponent but there are so many mechanics in which people can escape aegis.

they dropped the ball massively.

>tfw no MvC4
>ever

Everything.
>Headbutt is safe
>Rush isn't
>Headbutt goes over lows and beats grabs
>Rush doesn't
>Headbutt wiffs against crouching blocks
>Rush doesn't
>EX Headbutt is unsafe
>EX Rush isn't
>EX Headbutt has combo opportunities without V-Trigger
>EX Rush can only be combod out of with V-Trigger
>MP headbutt is enough + on block that it can be used in really hard combo loops into itself
>Rush cannot
>LK rush is 0 on hit, and puts the opponent at point blank
>no versions of headbutt do this.

>Being able to get 50%+ damage super moves every round (SF4. Sometimes multiple in one round in SF3)
Desu there's nothing wrong this
The problem was how you got them every round

you mean you can't whiff punish or what are you saying here?

so you love the game because it doesnt have any flavor? You should play divekick if you love raw footsies so much

>Headbutt goes over lows and beats grabs
I fought a rog that would always punish my headbutt with a c.lp.

Nah. Urien can combo into Aegis off of:
>LP>MP target combo
>F+MP>HP target combo
>C+HP
>C.MK
>EX Chariot Tackle
>Anything that combos into EX Chariot Tackle
>HP crush counter

I mean, you don't even need to mixup. Just use it the same way you'd use Karin's shit, and hit confirm.

so your stuck in bronze or is this how you play?

when he says low he means more like cr.mk or cr.hk type moves. Like various hop kicks it goes over moves that don't have much of a vertical hitbox. Cr.lp is also not a low.

i forgot this wasnt third strike, bit stupid of me, thanks.

>Before, playing defensively meant the attacker needed to do all the work and take all the risk.
This was fine because the attacker always had the advantage once he got in. Even if the one doing the rushdown gets in and doesn't end the round there, it's extremely difficult for zoners to regain a life lead once it's lost.

From a spectator's and rushdown player's perspective, having something other than rushdown as a viable playstyle also made offense much more exciting because it required work and patience to pull off against anyone that knew how to keep you out.

Take ST for example. Super strong fireballs that both push you back far on block and have low enough recovery to allow an anti-air unless the jump was preemptive. Rushdown is still a viable strategy because the reward was in the attacker's favor once he gains momentum and a life lead.

As a result you had a good and diverse set of playstyles at the top tiers. You had Old Sagat, a very defensive and zoning heavy character. You had Vega, a very offensive character with very strong mixups. And you had Dhalsim, who could do some of both.

In SFV every character wants to do the same shit because the risk that was once low for zoners has been completely fucked. FANG needs to win with left/right mixups instead of zoning, Sim needs momentum and instant air teleport mixups, Nash is strong because he can quickly swap between zoning and rushdown but he still needs to go in. Guile can zone from fullscreen or a little closer but he needs to go in otherwise.

SFV's decision to make zoning unviable makes the game stressful for characters like Guile and FANG while also making the game incredibly streamlined. It also makes offense unexciting because it's much less work for every character to close distance and gain momentum. These are just my opinions I guess but the game suffers for it's more streamlined approach.

problem is xian and gamerbee hold the same opinions

thanks buddy.

>friend is switching to ps4 version for its birthday
>shares his steam library with me so we can play together
>i can even download his season pass
>somehow "the shadow falls FREE dlc" is locked away

???

Why?

and phenom. And PR Balrog. And Chris G. Probably Gootecks as well. Probably more players as well that can't bash the game because of connections or sponsorships, etc.

People wanted 3S 2.0
And they got it

Nigga please stop generalizing.

SFV is simple enough as it is, it doesn't need people like you swooping in and simplifying it EVEN MORE.

When Gamerbee/Xian say that you need to go in, they're saying that you certainly won't stay back on a knockdown.

You always take the resulting 33/33/33 no matter which character you are whereas yes, in SFIV you might have been able to just sit back as guile, throw a fireball and not do anything.
That doesn't mean that your playstyle can't primarily be zoning based as guile though.

Zoning -> leads to knockdown -> choose low risk low reward options -> if failed go back to zoning is perfectly viable

Bruce literally said that midrange footsies are a guessing game in his interview with logan.

Something ive said from beta.

Seems to me like a lot of people ITT are afraid to try to win and fall back on the "it's a bad game" argument.

Either play it, get good and stop crying on stop playing it.

pro players have said its a bad game.
no smoke without fire user, no smoke without fire.

PR Balrog mention he hates SFV, there was no backlash from his sponsors and others. I wonder does PR Balrog and other Capcom gamers started playing KOFXIV or Revelator as we speak.

No one is (or should be) arguing against that.
Only clueless idiots have been spouting the "SFV is neutral" meme since day 1.

You can however increase your chances by conditioning your opponent even from neutral, having good spacing and whiffpunishing the few buttons that are actually whiffpunishable.

>stop playing it
But I did user. We're working together, I ALSO want everyone else to stop playing this garbage. I mean, most people already have.

sounds like an excuse for losing to me

Lots of people win and say it's a bad game. Your parents might not have given this talk to you at the proper age, but winning isn't everything. I'm platinum which is barely or not even enough to claim to be competent at the game and I think this is the worst numbered street fighter ever.

Maybe people just learn enough about the game mechnically to say it's a mechanically bad game?

Yun needs a complete overhaul to not be retarded
Chun and Ken would be fine if you took away meter on whiffed normals, fixed their retarded super arts, and raised Chun's crouching hitbox
You're right on the money about bottom tiers having absolutely dysfunctional normals though
>Someone gave the OK to make this -7 on hit

I'm Diamond and have over 10 CPT points to my name.
SFV is a bad game and SFIV was vastly superior

What do you hope to accomplish by crying on a forum?

Honestly, I think bashing the game is only a sign that you're a better player than a worse one. Competent players that understand how the game works will have more reasons to hate it than scrubs.

It's a separate download

What do you hope to accomplish by defending a bad game on one? I shitpost to kill time. Doesn't change the fact that the game is the ass.

I'd like to mention though that I think SFV has loads of potential, I just don't think Capcom will take the steps needed.

The super simplified knockdown game wouldn't be that big of an issue if there was more variety in playstyles and the DLC characters are a very good step in the right direction for that.

If they brought proper neutral back by adjusting the framedata of mostly far reaching mediums and heavies so proper spacing would be more important and counterpoking was worse, we'd have a good game on our hands.

That way you'd have more control over getting into a bad situation which would lead to less frustration and way more consistent competitive play.

Can i just download it out of steam then or? Cause it won't let me for some reason.

This is what happens when you make an actual video game exclusive to the PS4.

I came into this thread to talk about playing the game and look for a lobby, not read some menopausal rant about how things aren't as good as they used to be.

This thread is full of crybabies. Stop playing the game if you don't like it, stop joining the threads if all you can say is "I DUN LIKE GAME"

post steam/CFN

What "pro" players exactly are you talking about?
I'm curious
>inb4 Alex Myers

i think you have to download it in game

make a lobby

thescoreesports.com/streetfighter/news/9018-phenom-i-didn-t-like-sfv-from-the-start

Still waiting for that CFN

Okay,Thank you
For once someone that can actually like to something of relevance instead os spamming literally who Myers twitter pic after he got destroyed in japan.

It's not like there isn't a lot i would chage about the game if i could.

Why?

Oceanic Lobby up

CFN: BaronGeneric

Pass: 1111

Comment: Anyone will do.

is it malware free now?

not the same guy but wasnt you looking for a fight? Just give him you cfn so you can fight him mah man.

I'll join, wanna work on my dhalsim I just picked him up recently

People on here even dodge if there was no banter beforehand

Haven't tried it yet in game, thanks for the tip.

too bad, the game is factually shit

Anybody else watching Floe play I wanna be the bosshy?
I did't think it he would be so entertaning on his own not playing fighting games and all but this is funny af

I'm coming in as Laura, hurt me plenty

Floe in general is a god-tier Jew

Im coming at ya nerds.

Im playing my shit Juri so dont fear the plat record.

youtu.be/Qd8jSIzybow

Does no one know how to check a single fact. Here you go, retards.

youtu.be/I3J8fA9yMoo

shoryuken.com/2016/09/26/initial-testing-shows-that-street-fighter-vs-input-delay-is-now-only-6-5-frames-on-playstation-4/

Dumbfucks.

fuck me I'm trying to play dhalsim as ken

good to see you again

If KOFXIV goes on to PC soon how will the player fanbase and popularity increases?

I see how this is gonna be huh? Lag teleporting.

You get the bison next time bitch.

You'll just have a second isolated portion of the community that will decline in a similar fashion to the first. Unless they do crossplay.

Kof games sell well in PC so I expect some kind of bump

Kbrad is our guy
I don't care what anybody says
That guy is Cred Forums incarnet if they where decent at fighting games and black
>weeb as fuck
>blowing out Smashfags err'day
>waifuing Cammy
Based af

Agree. Superstar personality.

>b.b.but OTHER GAMES
kek I guess it's even dead on PS4 with that level of deflection.

Why can't I hold all these booms?

You should have super chipped you big fool!

that lag though

Be sure to give the unemployed fuck some shekels to pay for his Bentley lease.

Is Tekken 7 making a mistake by not offering it?

Xian says he likes it, but his criticisms are on point:

reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/548imu/i_am_rzr_xian_former_evo_champion_for_street/d7ztep9

Finally, a playable connection

we could just make a US lobby

How come people don't like footsies in this game? What I don't get is why there's seemingly no whiff punishing.

probably should, ausbro's connection to the us is not ideal

go for it

One more than I have to wrap it up, I'll add everyone but the laggy brit

MK/IJ will always sell more because of casual appeal. Casuals buy it, play the story mode, think they are hot shit and get online, get their ass beat, then trade in to GameStop/CEX.

SF sells less but has a stronger competitive scene.

Algolis. Stop going for the random ass v-skills. That shit will not work at higher that bronze.

Bad force of habit. I'm not used to being punished for it. I'm out anyway, but thanks for the fights!

If someone makes a new lobby ill join otherwise ggs all.

GG

>FGC announcers and pros would rather shill some Amazon ripoff game than play SFV

Fighters are dead lmao.

Tekken and soul calibur player here trying to get into street fighter here

This game is strange it seems extremely difficult to play defensively in this game. I enjoy turtling punishing and whiff punishing. How do i do this and who do i play?

>here here

Sorry im tired...

What is there to get?
There's no whiff punishing on 80% of normals due to all the shitty factors of the game. Anyone, and I mean anyone, who says otherwise is lying.

Guille or Chun LI probably suit your needs

right, I just can't pinpoint why this is the case.

The game is all offence. Get a knockdown, get a button in, that gives you plus frames and go to town.
I enjoy this game a lot, but that's it's big flaw.

Maybe try Nash? Balrog is easy to pick up and can whiffpunish grapplers pretty well.

Oh yeah, Guile too I guess.

Input lag and poor range are huge factors.

>there are people here who thought I wouldn't post in an SFV thread
Anyone still around for a US lobby

Tekken player here: forget about wiff punishment as you know it, it doesn't work like that in SF. The only move you are going to punish on whiff on reaction -the Tekken style- is Zangief's st.HP.
If you want something that can do defensive play go for some character with a 3framer and an invincible reversal.
Also, forget about what you know about defensive play if you are one of those players that backdashes to china if necessary, since the only character that comes close to being able to do that kind of crazy movement is Nash.

sorry I'm done for tonight

Like I said many shitty factors:
6,5 frames of input lag, still not even close to helping with reactionary play.
Priority system, 2 buttons active frames clash? Heavier button wins. Bad for footsies, can't use long pokes unless they're heavy buttons and some characters don't have long reach on theirs.
Unsafe buttons on certain ranges, blocking them makes them highly punishable and damage output is retarded.

All these make footsie reactionary play impossible most of the time. Random buttons though, that works extremely well, just buffer stuff from a random medium/heavy.

>keep losing to ryus who do nothing but jump light kick and throw out medium buttons and shoryus
>too slow and dumb to react to jump ins and tick throws
>keep eating random ex shoryus and supers
I can't believe how bad I am at this game.
I always see the same bronze league shit coming and I can never deal with it. I've been bouncing between 1000 and 1499 for hours.

you're right where you need to be trust me

Whats your character?

What's the secret to getting past dumb bronze shenanigans? I hope it's not to play dumb myself.

Alex right now.
You're that Bison player right? I think I played you once or twice as Necalli

If that were the case people would have played SF3.

Learn to read that bronze shit like the second grade textbook it is

SF3 was competing against other Street Fighter games.

Of course you ShitFlingers get defensive in the first fucking post.

>Alex
cr.mp. All the time.
vtrigger from said cr.mp. Close enough? f.HP. Too far? Sweep.
f.HP plus on block. Either jab or command grab
EX.flash chop safe on block. Getting pressured? Buffer it from a jab, at worst you'll have reset the situation.
st.jab for anti-airing.
2 fucking st.mps are not a combo. A st.mp into st.jab is one. Use that along with either a light or ex.flash chop.

Welcome to silver-s.silver. After that you'll actually start learning the game.

Yeah Im the Bison

Alex is tough to beat scrubs with without good fundamentals. I would suggest blocking until they do something unsafe and then punishing the hell out of it. That works at bronze in my experience.

anyone else just get an update?

yep 1.6 gb

2gb on PC, it took them that much just to add 4 new missions?

new Costumes maybe?

>cr.mp. All the time
check
>v-trigger from said cr.mp
I'll give that a shot
>EX.flash chop safe on block
I need to flash chop more. I got too used to using meter for armoring through pokes and headbutting
>st. jab for anti-airing
I've been doing it more, but a lot of the time I just don't react fast enough, or I try going for the knee bazooka instead and either miss or get hit out of it
>2 fucking st.mps are not a combo
I know that, I just rarely end up on the offensive and resort to cr.mp all day because I'm not sure when to go in if it's a poking match

Patience is definitely an issue I've been having lately. At some point I got it stuck in my mind that I have to go in at some point and get bopped for trying something risky like a headbutt or stomp to catch them off guard.

I should also mention not only regular but all flash chops are safe on block but ex is a true blockstring when done from jabs, not sure about regular light though, don't even think about the others.

Though if you get gud you can think of situations to use them as frametraps like:
st.MP/st.HP into medium/heavy flash chop. But for now just get used to working yourself out of bad situations.

>I try going for the knee bazooka
Don't. Not unless you have the read along with the reaction. It goes forward, if a jump is going above your head not even an auto-correct will save you. Jab is amazingly good.

>not sure when to go in if it's a poking match
Depends on character of opponent. Just know that every button except st.HK is safe and even that one is safe from far away on block. Some other characters don't have the luxury of almost all buttons being safe on block. Sweeps are ofc universally unsafe.

You need to think of your time online as learning time. Be prepared to take some Ls doing wierd stuff. Block one of those mashers for as long as it takes before they do something stupid. even though is isnt something you would do in a real match it will teach you when your time to attack is.

Tekken is popular enough that there will probably be a reasonable community on all platforms. Combining your playerbase will always be better though, especially for less popular games like KoF. Also Harada says they may still do crossplay once player numbers start to decline.

Thanks for the pointers, it sounds like I need to explore my tools more and be conservative. Maybe I'll get out of bronze hell some day.

5k fm is on bustling side street on left side screen transition.