Hacked that 3ds yet user? literally no excuse even if you're a buyfag

hacked that 3ds yet user? literally no excuse even if you're a buyfag

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
youtube.com/watch?v=sD4MzuFuKOM
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4
1fichier.com/dir/tzaDDmwz
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/50ovhy/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_september_2016/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(No-Browser)
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/50ovhy/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_september_2016/..
thewarehouse.co.nz/red/catalog/product/3DS-Console-New-White?SKU=1935817
mega.nz/#!R4kg
mega.nz/#!7Y12kSo
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Decrypt9-(Browser)
smealum.github.io/3ds/.
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)#what-you-need
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-export-import-gateway-card1-sav-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/
nicoblog.org/guides/nicoblogs-ps-vita-general-guide/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH),
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-RedNAND
youtube.com/watch?v=F-ZaBUfwK4E
pastebin.com/EBKipkPW
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OKAY NIGGER WHAT THINGS DO I NEED TO HACK IT DO I NEED LIKE A CORD OR SOMETHING HOW THE FUCK DO I HACK IT? I HAVE NEVER HACKED ANYTHING IN MY LIFE HOW DO I HACK THIS FUCKING THING??

I wouldn't mind playing some GBA games on my New 3DS. Any retard-proof tutorial?

>literally no excuse
I'm afraid to brick it

Depends what firmware you're on, if it's just a few updates behind you can do it with nothing more than a way to get your SD card into your PC

Virtually no chance unless you specifically ignore something and fuck it up yourself

20 hours to spare and and proficiency in programming
>literally no excuse

I hacked my old 3DS, what is some cool shit I could do besides pirate games and custom themes?

With a hacked PSP, I could play MP3 files during games and use Gameshark like codes, anything like that?

I know fuck all about programming and I did fine. I just went into the notepad document and replaced whatever the guide wanted.

>tfw waste a lot of time whenever I try to install a homebrew

Fucking 3DS homebrew is a pile of shit.
Tried to install some custom themes today and now I cant boot menuhax anymore and I didnt find a way to fix that.
Vita homebrew is way easier to install and use.

That's your own fault for staying with menuhax instead of moving onto a9lh

You can set menuhax up again by getting into any other entry point, like browserhax if your sysnand is on 9.2, but once you do I'd strongly suggest you take the time to upgrade to a9lh

But seriously, how did you never find out that custom themes breaks menuhax, an entry point that revolves around themes?
Any half decent guide at the time should have told you not to do that

with cfw can you like open homebrew launcher from anywhere or is there any easier entry point?

>Vita homebrew is way easier to install and use
Yes but dumping games is a fucking shitshow. Some games, updates and DLC plain can't be dumped with current tools. Also the ones that can still have fucking meltdowns just from going to sleep mode and can screw over your save data. Doesn't help that there are a lot of dumps out there that don't tell you if they are Vitamin 1.1 / 2 / Maimoe and you just have to take a stab at the dark.

Meanwhile you can download all 3DS games straight from the server instead of hunting down dumps and they all work flawlessly.

didnt know you could play mp3 files at sametime. but the cheat system made for the gta games were legend. probably some of the best cheat system still till this day.

Once you get CFW running, you can install the Homebrew launcher as a .cia, so it'll be an app on your home screen that you can easily launch into

First I used rxtools, then I was told to upgrade to Luma, now not even 2 months later people are talking about this a9lh. Fucking shit man.

I followed the guides and installed everything fine, but it never said anything about not installing themes. NEVER. Else I wouldnt have tried to.
And I see a lot of videos where people have cool custom themes installed and they play the games just fine so yeah I wasnt expecting to break my hack by just doing that.
Truth is the 3DS hacking only works fine for the games themselves. If you try to use anything else it breaks.

I dont know about dumping games because only uploaders do that. But everytime I wanna pirate games I just turn on my Vita, open Henkaku, transfer game from PC to Vita, install and thats it.
Wanna use a homebrew? No prob, just do the same as the game.
I havent had a single problem with that yet. Everything works fine. Meanwhile the 3DS is a headache everytime I mess with it.

I haven't had any headaches with the 3DS after the initial setup which is more complicated than Henkaku for sure. I just put cias/homebrew apps on the SD card and install/run them and they work fine. Or download shit from freeshop.

>buy N3DS XL
>install arm9loader
>check freeshop
>no good games

al9h has been around for some time, dude. Like, I feel you, I've been around since Gateway and didn't want to convert from RxTools ever, but al9h is seriously the best way to go. If you're lazy, just stick to Luma/Menuhax and use a custom theme. You can get ones that are 1:1 copies of other themes.

How did you hear about a9lh after getting luma? a9lh has been out for months before aureinand got changed to luma.
You seem really out of the loop.

It is possible to get custom themes working without breaking menuhax, but it requires that you completely format your sysnand.

The benefits that a9lh has over emuNANDs is massive.
100% boot chance, boots nearly as fast as a clean 3DS, no emuNAND taking up space on the SD card, VC games only need to be installed once, never have to worry about custom themes breaking something, virtually un-breakable by future updates AND you can even recover from bricks.

I don't understand why there is a daily thread about this, it's pretty obnoxious so I'll just filter but keep up the shit posting if it gives you kicks

thanks for letting us know

You fell for the hacked 3DS meme. Have fun getting sued by Nintendo when the NX fails.

Allright I'm fucking stupid but then again I just played games on my 3DS and thats it.
Now I just want to install custom themes with no prob and be able to take screenshots, thats all.
Does a9lh let me do that with no problem? If so I will install it right now.

Also it would be great if it lets me update my emuNand too because new games like SMTIVApocalypse need a fucking update to use online features...

I believe in Murphy's law

>mfw otp-less a9lh install on n3ds

im in heaven now

>Upgrade from rx to Luma as anons here suggested I do I asap

>Theres no fucking difference

a9lh through the plailect guide will allow custom themes, yes. Just grab the .CIA file for CHMM2 and install that, and you can use custom themes. doing the same for the NTR bootloader will allow you to take screenshots easilly.

I'm hoping they'll finally figure out how to run DS games off the SD card.

Yup.
a9lh works by locking down key files needed for piracy, so that nothing can ever change or break them, and a9lh runs before the 3DS os even starts, so the only way you can break it is by going into the a9lh settings and doing something purposefully
You can install custom themes without any worries, and NTR allows you to take screenshots in game

a9lh doesn't even use emuNANDs, it's CFW sysNAND, you can always be on the latest version without worry

Alright nigger, you've been on my ass for weeks. Tell me how to fucking hack it, and I will.

There's no difference between rx and Luma, short of one being super outdated and likely to break
The real difference is between a9lh and emuNAND

the 3ds has no good games

easy man just follow this gui-

>11.0

LOL
O
L

They tried for N3DS users. It ran Mario Party DS super slow, but it's progress.

Luma is actually worked on, unlike RXtools, so that is a good reason to change to it.
But the advanatge of Luma is that it works with a9lh which makes your 3ds essentially patchproof and brickproof

what other magical things can you do?

a9lh does not use emunand at all
it runs so early in the boot process that it's close to impossible for system updates to break it or remove it, so you can almost always update to the lastest version the moment it comes out without worrying about anything going wrong

>11.0
every time

Fuck. I can afford a flashcard, I just don't want to spend the money.

Maybe I'll just run my DS games off my hacked Wii-U.

I bought a new new 3ds and it had 11.0
Fuck I guess I'll wait for a downgrade to become available

Many of the instructions are ambiguous as fuck and refer to other guides that refer to other guides that refer back to the first guide.

>11.0

I have tried to downgrade my 3ds multiple times
It does not work at all
Suck my dick op

you can become a magical girl yourself
just sign this contract

>browsing freeShop
>browsing Mega3DSGames

where the new .cias at though

this is blatantly false, the instructions are mostly clear and you don't need to follow any other guides at all

you're probably just retarded

Why would I? I can afford like three games a year.

You can use out of region dlc with your games

>tfw hacked PSP, 3DS, Vita, PS3, and Wii U
>don't play anything

i want to hack my sisters 2ds but i still cant find it lmao.

Holy shit
I thought that BR died a long time ago
Why would anyone even visit his (((ADFLY))) filled blog in 2016?

So today I tried to install NTR but it says the current firmware(which is 11.0) is not supported, so that also failed. Gonna try again once I install a9lh.

CHMM2 I managed to install and run just fine but once I installed a theme the menuhax stopped working. The theme is there but I just cant use the "hold L" method anymore. Here hoping I can change themes and still use menuhax with a9lh.

Sorry I'm completely oblivious when it comes to 3DS hacking so I gotta know, will I need to install something else once I have a9lh? Is that the absolute best for 3DS homebrew or will a better one show up like next week?

Do your own google research nigga we ain't gonna help you and your fat ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=sD4MzuFuKOM

It's easier than 3dsisos or whatever the forum was named

>have to register an account to view threads
>have to wait until your account is vetted by an admin to view threads
>have to make a thread in the Introductions subforum and earn 10 goodboy points posting in other threads before you can view hyperlinks
>the hyperlinks lead to Megaupload

Already hacked my n3DS XL when the proper hack just came out. I remember at the time it was a pain in the ass and had a chance to brick your console. After going through it I realized the 3DS has no games and I had already played whatever few worth playing games came out on it and since then it's been collecting dust.

You're probably getting the wrong version of NTR to install. There's a modified CIA out there somewhere that works with 11.1, Maybe you're using that instead of the one for 10.0

you need this one

github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases

everything else you wrote is irrelevant with a9lh

yeah the mp3 feature was kickass. I made a playlist of my favorite music and used to blast it while playing monster hunter.

on some games though it's iffy, kingdom hearts for example likes to crash if you play mp3s. probably because the game is RAM intensive and can't share enough for the mp3 plugin.

NTR should work on 11.0, it's what I'm using it on. Do you have the latest version of the launcher?

Once you move onto a9lh, you wont be using menuhax at all.
a9lh is a completely seperate hack that doesn't use emunand or emuhax, it applies CFW directly onto the sysnand the second you turn the 3ds on.

Just follow the guide here, and once you're done you'll be able to use NTR and CHMM2 without needing to do anything else special

All I had to do for iso was make an account. They mightve changed it since then because I never had to post anything for links. But everyone usually links to (((file factory))) and it gets dmca'd anyways
Freeshop is a gift from YHWH. Only reason to touch iso is for leaks and rom hacks. Both of which get dropped in /hbg/ anyways so it doesn't matter.

What?
I made an account that never got verified, and while I can't make any posts myself, I can download everything without problems

Region emulation for out of region DLC

I hacked it in 2013 when you had to buy a gateway and inject 1 game at a time. I already played most games I wanted to and now there's only mediocre jrpgs and fucking nothing this year.

Im on 7.1 actually (just got it from a friend that hadn't used it for years). Is it bad that it hasn't been updated for so long?

I chose to update to 11.0.34 because fuck everything.

I don't have a problem buying my games tbhq

they're cheap as fuck wtf I got one for 20 bucks in south america

then tell me how to do it past X update where you CANT DO IT ANYMORE?

if im a buyfag, i obviously have an excuse and can't hack it, can i? then your whole thread is fucking useless. you post this shit again faggot, its over, your done.

hardmod fag

I hacked mine a long time ago.

Did the whole a9lh thing a couple days ago, in fact.

I'm still a little fuzzy on one thing though; exactly how does GBA functionality work?

Nope, that's actually really good for you, you'll be able to follow the hacking guide without having to buy anything.

I thought hardmodding only worked if you already had a nand backup of your 3ds on a lower firmware?

It works the same as installing any normal game now, you install the .cia and that's it.
Because a9lh is CFW sysNAND, you don't need to install it twice.
This is the same for any other Virtual console emulator, or DSi Ware

browserhax is fucking dead, have to wait

If I'm on a9lh I can update to 11.1, right?

Is there any downsides to keep 11.0?

You download some premade gba cias and install them with FBI or do your own cias with an injector.

DS room loading from sd
WHEN
H
E
N

>3DS
>not vita

I hope you didn't update to 3.61 user.

a9lh lets you do pretty much whatever so long as you keep the same SD card

Yes, you can update with impunity.

I might be wrong, but I hear Nintendo's going to start restricting online access across the board for 3DSes without up-to-date firmware, but, again, if you're on a9lh, you're 100% good to go.

a9lh works on 11.1
The only downside to updating is that NTR doesn't work on 11.1 yet
You can also stay on 11.0 fine, but you'll have to do a small workaround to use online multiplayer

YES
NO

i updated last night because i was tired of the nag

why is this thread posted several times every single day?

>"VITA HAX RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, GUYS! NO SERIOUSLY!"

>Oh fuck you, this is the billionth time I've heard that. I'm updating.

>"Oh yeah, no, we were actually serious that time. You can totally hack now."

FUCK.

I'm still using RxTools and booting up the emunand through the system settings.

Aside from being slightly more convenient, is there any benefit to switching to A9LH? Since all my shit is on emunand, and A9LH doesn't use emunand, wouldn't that mean I'd need to reinstall everything?

Don't listen to those faggots user, here's how you hack it

>sell it
>buy a 3DS that doesn't have a shit firmware with that cash

Even a 2DS is fine

ntr does work with 11.1 now

Can I still update my 3ds after installing the CFW?

>11.0
>what is stickerhax

I'm on 11.0.34 I have the home-brew but I'm not sure if there is a way I can downgrade. All the guides I've seen have been by mexicans and I don't want to brick my New 3DS

Updated 11.0 Homebrew to 11.1 because it got in the way of some features that are disabled (browser, eshop) and there is no reason to have homebrew at the moment outside of terrible emulators that I could just use my phone for or useless romhacks that do nothing at the moment.

There's a version of NTR out that works on 11.1, it's just not on the github.

do you think there will be anther entry point that doesn't use a game?

>go to store to buy a vita
>it's discontinued

It's more than slightly more convenient
You have 100% boot rate, and boot way faster, virtually un-breakable, can install GBA and VC games easier, and even recover from a brick without hard modding
When updating to a9lh, you can restore from your emuNAND, so you will keep all your games and saves, and won't need to reinstall anything
If you have any VC games, be sure to back up their saves, and VC games save to the sysnand for some dumb reason.

Oh sweet, I have no reason to wait on 11.0 now
Where is the new version?

Who cares you can hack it now.

github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4

My mistake, it's on github, just not the original NTR fork

Nintendo can, potentially, maybe, someday flip a magic doomsday switch, rendering your emuNAND completely useless and maybe even completely bricking your 3DS.

So say the paranoid among the 3DS hackers.

a9lh boots before literally anything written by Nintendo does, and thus bypasses literally any and all attempts Nintendo might make to destroy your hardware.

recommend me some jrpg games for 3ds

SMT 4
SMT Apocalypse
DQ7.

There are more, but those will last you until the end of fucking time.

If by some miricle you finish those and still have time left before your grandchildren decide they can't pay your hospice bill anymore, play Bravely Default.

How convoluted is the process of switching over? Would I need to format the SD card and essentially start over with the system from whatever my sysnand is updated at, I'm guessing? It seems like it uses a completely different kind of exploit.

Why do you guys think this is a daily thread? You really think anons are trying to help you out?

These fuckers know what they are doing.

I'll second smt 4/apocalypse, great jrpgs.

so I figured I'll ask again, /vg/ is full of cunts.

Is there a reason why I can't update emunand to 11.034 or whatever the new update is?

whatchu mean?

One step does involve formatting the SD card, but the guide tells you very clearly to back the full thing up before, and the next step is copying everything back over.
a9lh is a different exploit, but the guide does cover restoring your emunand backup to the sysnand, so if you follow the guide you'll still end up with all of your emunand games and data on the sysnand.

Can I play DS games on my hacked 3DS yet?

Gonna recommend what the other anons said as well.
Check out 7th dragoon, the devil survivor games, and persona Q as well.
Pokemon super mystery dungeon is a great game if you like dungeon crawlers.
The fire emblem games were alright, get the undub of fates. SMT soul hackers was really good, kind of dated, but amazing. Mario paper jam was actually pretty good too in my opinion .

If you want something a little different and don't mind weeb shit, check out Beyond the Labyrinth, Rune Factory IV and Rocket Slime 3ds

Waiting for emulation, I bought a DS for hacking and it only had like 3 good games so I still got fucked.

how is evolution handled in Pokemon SMD?(lol) are you a chibi starter until the end of the story?

That's funny.
I have a folder full of games that says otherwise.

LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE!
Seriously the only use for hacking someone else's shit is bitcoin mining or identity theft.
My computer can mine bitcoins faster than every 3ds in the world put together, and you don't put your SIN or CC# on a 3ds.

Nearly
You can access the SD card while in DS mode, and someone get a DS game running from it on an n3ds, but it was pretty slow.
You can wait if you want, but DS flashcards are available now and super cheap

>Rocket Slime 3ds
How playable is it in Japanese?
I loved the one on the DS, but the /hbg/ game recommendation sheet says it's hard to play in jap

This is my prob. I have most game consoles, most are hacked, don't play shit because books > games.

:(

You can't evolve until post-game, like the other games in the series. There's items you can get that let you mega-evolve though, which plays a role in a much different way than I thought.

The gameplay is mostly the same, but they changed it up enough to make it more challenging and interesting. They focused a lot more on resource management, too.
The OST is amazing, but the progression is slow at times and the AI is still retarded.

It was my GOTY last year, personally.

I liked blue/red rescue team because you could evolve half way thru it, ima pass desu

I'm on 1.2 from 2011. I really want to play revelations. What do i do?

You could only evolve at the end of the story made in blue/red, everything past that point was post game content

It's pretty playable, honestly.
It's not hard to navigate menus.

It's kind of a pain in the ass trying to figure out side quests, though. The plot is pretty self-explanatory. The only thing that took me ages to figure out was how to save. You have to talk to the orange slime girl that sits right in front of your ship.

i only havea 2ds can i still hack it?

Oh sweet, I might actually give that a try if I can free up space on my SD card
Anything that isn't so obvious to figure out that I should know?

p sure yes, what FW are you on?

Yes, the 2DS can be hacked in the same way as the o3ds

>tfw started reading german literature
god damn world war 1 fucked them up.

Easiest way? Update to 9.2 or 9.8 firmware with a physical cartridge of stella glow or pokemon super mystery dungeon.
From there, use the website method to get into homebrew and install it like that.

Get a bigger sd card though. 32 gigs is plenty.

Alternatively you can find someone with a hacked 3ds, and let them download an exploit for your system.

If I were to go out and buy a N3DS right now would I be able to hack it? or is this only for systems that are below a certain firmware that new systems probably don't have.

>tfw all i have to do is wait for a SD card adapter and I can start modding my N3DSXL and O3DS
>don't even know what I want to do after modding them

haven't opened the thing in like 2 months. If I can find it i'll let you know

I'm feeling really generous, because everyone at /vg/ is a fucking dick.

1fichier.com/dir/tzaDDmwz
The password to get in is AlvRo

It's number 0205 on the list. This is the ONLY place I was able to find this game.
It's pretty small too, only 3,009 blocks or 350 mb.

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/50ovhy/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_september_2016/

10.3 and below are hackable with nothing but the console itself. 10.7 is hackable but requires an exploitable game. 11.0 and above are not hackable.

>literally daily threads bitching about people who don't hack their ds

>okay fine, how do i do it

>LEL FUK U U FIGURE IT OTU

okay

What is an essential 3DS game ?

A gu wants to trade his Pokemon N3DS for my black N3DSXL, Should i?

Huh, you're right, no one has the titlekey for it, and there's only one post on 3dsiso that has it, which was your link.
Thanks for sharing!

Also wow, that's pretty damn small, I thought it would have been bigger than that.

>it can get you free 3ds games!
So? I have all the 3DS games I need.
>then you can have custom themes!
I like the theme I'm using right now, though.
>you can remove the region lock, you know!
I don't usually buy any games for my 3DS from another country, so this isn't a problem for me.
>um uhh you can overclock it!!!
And for what reason would I have for doing this?

All of this and it can't even play any DS games yet. Fuck off OP, come back when you're able to play DS games without a flashcart.

3DS has none of these things, it's weaker than PSP.

i own a supercard dstwo for my DS. if I updated the software on it would it be able to run 3DS games?

there's always a link to that github guide in the first 10 posts

Only underages hack their 3DS.
Get the fuck out and back to your facebook faggots.

Why the fuck is Devil Survivor so fucking awful to play?

Goddamn

Does that also work for themes? I think the pack of Cipher cards I got had a code for one that I still didn't use yet.

MH4U is the most common answer and I agree

I have a new 3DS that I haven't used for a little over a year. You're right, might as well hack it

>11.0 and above are not hackable

then what is the point of these threads?
your making it seem like ANYONE can do it when no one realistically can. people are going to want to buy a new system, not a used old one.

there will be a way for 11+ fw to do it, just not now, otherwise these threads are a sham and useless for anyone who buys a new game in the last year or a new system off the shelf which more than likely has newer FW on it.

gj, op

good fucking job

Did you actually read the link I posted?

Most consoles come with 10.7 and below. Just 3 weeks ago I bought a brand new one and it came with 10.7, this was back before they blocked the browser on that version so I was able to hack it without even buying any exploit games.

being this salty about an upgrade you should've looked it up before upgrading

fuck you, im not BUYING another BRAND NEW SYSTEM

ASSHOLE, BACK WHEN I BOUGHT MY N3DS 9.2 WAS THE END ALL BE ALL SHIT. IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE IT YOU WERE SCREWED, JUST LIKE NOW IF YOU DON'T HAVE BELOW 11 YOUR SCREWED

LIFE WILL FIND A WAY: JEFF GOLDSTEIN

holy shit nigga you are mad
it's nobody's fault but your own that you ignored every mention of 3ds hacking before now and updated like a retard

What exploitable games? I've tried Googling but can't find anything.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(No-Browser)

what version are you on? if youre 10.7 your easiest bets are cubic ninja and freaky forms deluxe which range about 30 to 50 usd on ebay

Question: If I buy a new 3ds, by which I mean a new New 3DS, will I be able to CFW it, or do I need to get an older OFW like I did my PSP all those years ago?

see

Thanks for the help guys. So shit then, what are the chances of a new exploitable game showing up that won't cost so much?

thanks

>This guide is designed to help a user take a completely unmodified 3DS

Shit mang, I don't even remember what I have installed anymore.

did they fix the dns for browsehax for 3ds in 10.7.32?
if no, then there's an excuse because i'm not gonna buy oot and a powersave for that

What firmware does the 3D Land New 3DS bundle have?

What firmware is your emuNAND on?

So i finished persona Q yesterday.
it's etrian odyssey better than Q?

>And for what reason would I have for doing this?
more stable framerate

so according to: reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/50ovhy/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_september_2016/..

this: thewarehouse.co.nz/red/catalog/product/3DS-Console-New-White?SKU=1935817
should be hackable correct? I really don't want to mess this up and get one that isnt.

On what games?
The only one I can think of would be Pokemon when 3D is activated and maybe Hyrule Warriors, but I don't have those games.

I haven't touched mine in a year and a half, the version is still like 9.0 or something.

Can I still do it?

because it was still on 9.2, which N3DS wasn't on standard out of the box OFW at the time. it was at 10.2 and they kept saying OH WELL GET 9.2 OR FUCK OFF FOREVER FAGGOT

they will do it, they did it for PSP and now Vita apparently, Wii U too. they will get past 11, fuck you.

fuck if i know lad

ya

>tfw already finished 2 playthroughs of SMT IV Apocalypse and just finished Dragon Quest 7.

Sucks having to wait for a new big release.

Wait what? Now I don't have to downgrade my N3DS to install A9kernal? FUCK YEAH.

Got any ds emulators yet?

a hackable one p sure that's a safe buy

>I don't have those games
>you can get literally every game with cias
nigger what

B-But I don't want to...
I just said I have all the games I need. There's no need to fill up my SD card with junk that I don't want.

Okay well I don't fucking feel like finding it. That's my excuse. You will literally have to spoon feed me at this point. Stop fucking making these threads to shill your stupid fucking hack

>Before beginning the guide, you must know the risks of 3DS hacking: EVERY time you modify your system, there is always the potential for an UNRECOVERABLE brick. They're rare, but still a possibility so make sure you follow ALL directions EXACTLY.

Just picked one up hacked it and got all these games what other games do I get?

so then follow all directions exactly and it wont happen.

>CIA
>FBI
>NTR

Why is 3ds hacking so memey?

>2ds

Why do you make this thread every day?

My firmware is 11.0.0, so I would need a hardmod or something really weird with a second (already hacked) 3DS and system transfering. Doesn't look like I'll be hacking it. I'll get a GBA flash cart instead to satiate my hunger for pirated Nintendo games.

Pokémon's, Zelda ALBW, Super Mario Land, Smash Bros 4, Monster Hunter's, Fire Emblem's, and 100 other games.

Because I need to:
Practice soldering
Get cables, supported microsd reader,

so how big of an micro SD should i get for like 100-200 games?

i havnt updated my hacks in ages. is rxtools outdated and if so how do i switch it

Fuck off

This thread was made yesterday with the exact same opening. fuck off. Why are you shilling your shitty way to pirate games?

Talk to me when it's download and play. Stop making these threads you fucking bitch.

Question, if I download FE Birthright from Freeshop will I get the version with """Lewd"""? Or do I need to hack my rom to get the lewd?

>literally no excuse even if you're a buyfag

Not only are you shilling cyber AIDS, but you're implying that the 3ds homebrew scene isnt entirely made up of thieves? kys, beeyotch

how about you fuck off?? but first hack your 3ds anons.

kys, dumbass frogpostin mofucka.

user, how the FUCK do I CFW my 11.1 3DS?

AFAIK you download the JP rom, then patch it to english.

It has cheats doe

p sure you need dubbed japanese version

Oh, I did some googling around but all I found so far consists of projects that don't have all supports translated, is there any "full" thing?

What's wrong with a 2DS?
It's much cheaper and it's comfier to hold (at least to me). The 3D is gone but who cares?

Should I really format my 3DS before making the downgrade to 9.2? Plailect says there's a small probability of getting a soft brick without formatting.

yes. back up your stuff to a safe place first

I would have probably hacked my 3DS if Nintendo let me claim 3DS eShop codes through a browser.

But since I was sitting on some codes I got from Humble I had to take the plunge and update.

if you hacked you could've claimed those codes after...

Because I'm too lazy to bother figuring it out.

you need to be over 18 to post here

Meh, I'm not that interested. At best I could have just stolen Ace Attorney 6. The current 3DS library sucks. I think I have just about everything I want for the console.

Plus it's still not that easy to play DS ROMs.

bored of monster hunter atm. any recommendations on some other games to try? no fucking jrpgs please.

How is the SNES emulation on the DSTWO+?

buying a 2ds on craigslist package is new and yokai watch is the game inside it hope its below firmware

How tho? I'm on 10.3.0-28U firmware. BrowserHax or MenuHax + which app?

you only need browserhax to install hombrew you're set to go

verison 11 hack without needing a second 3DS or to hardmod it when?

Yeah I already know that, but which app is needed to backup all the stuff? Or can I do it just through some option from HBL?

What all emulators are there for the 3ds? That was the whole reason I CFW''d my psp, but the SNES emulator ran like ass on a few of the games, is there an snes emu for 3ds yet?

5 hours

jk save manager

it runs SNES native if you have N3DS

things you can do as a buyfag with cfw (and in some cases just userland homebrew):
>emulate games you've ripped yourself from legit carts you've bought (lol)
>region-free
>homebrew
>savegame editing
>romhacks, including but not limited to translations
>undubs/decensors
>backup anything you could ever want to back up

>number of arguments detected in this post: 0

we dont welcome shills, beeyotch.

Check out rune factory IV, ace combat, splinter cell 3d, resident evil: revelations, Shinobi, kirby triple deluxe or planet robobot, senran kagura 2, the picross games, cave story, BlazBlue, Code of Princess, Nano Assault, the megaman legacy collection, shovel knight, star fox 3D or Majora's Mask, Link Between Worlds, or The battle cats! Pop!

Maybe that hatsune miku rhythm game if you like weebshit.

>Yokai watch edition
You might be on 10.7 or below, not a guarantee.
You install menuhax so that you don't need to use the browser exploit every time you want to get into homebrew. It's as simple as holding down a button when you turn on your ds
If you're gonna do that, make sure you know your email and password for your nintendo e-shop Id thing, that way you can recover stuff.
I got a 2ds. The thing is surprisingly comfy.

You're looking at 64 to 128 gigs.
Check out SMT IV apocalypse after you beat SMT IV.
Also get pokemon super mystery dungeon and ace combat.
Beyond the labyrinth is really good too, it has an english patch and everything. The picross games are awesome as well.

Okay thanks. Do I need another app to format or it can be done just from the system settings?

oh yeah, and realtime cheating with ntr

the fuck?

don't format your shit, why would you even think to do that?

he's probably talking about that notice on plai's guide that says you can brick if you don't format

that affects like less than 1% of 1% of people, and iirc it's got something to do with dsiware. if you've never touched dsiware, you're probably fine.

oh pfffft, how long has it been since anyone's bricked doing this, 6 months?

5 hours

i hate weebshit, shoulda included that in my post. megaman, shovel knight and link between worlds ill give a try. thanks

I'm And was referring to which app is needed for making the backup, but some user already responded me.

> don't format your shit, why would you even think to do that?
See But since I have no DSIWare stuff installed I guess that's not really necessary.

Okay, well here's shovelknight mega.nz/#!R4kg
DSDY!DHe5j6TB0
oKYuZH2e1wr_KxpfykZ-hqXyIp5_vxxNn4 .

And here's the megaman legacy collection mega.nz/#!7Y12kSo
R!8aki89ZSFhq6
51MFgthnw2FlWmhq7eJGB3dOELDZ0mY

Both are tested and they work.

just tell him to get it off freeshop, no reason to post links

>didn't do proper research
>bought galaxy new 3ds (11.0 firmware)
>obviously not hackable by itself
>got so fucking mad that I bought mk7 2ds (6.0 firmware) and hacked the fuck out of both
>tell my ego that I just have a backup 2DS now cause I'm a fucking cuckold and don't want to try selling it

what the buck up fellow 3ds hackers

Freeshop is nice and all, but I'd rather just have a folder of games on my laptop I can swap out whenever.

Where's the retards' guide on how to change emuNAND to a9lh?
What are the benefits of a9lh?

Can someone explain to me why stealing games is okay? Or is it wrong for developers to sell their games? Is this about some sort of war against Nintendo?

Something about this doesn't sit well with me. Because of this I can't bring myself to hack my 3DS in order get a bunch of free games.

You're playing Overclocked, right?
Go full Magic build and push on past the first few hours. It gets way better once you start getting dances and the story ramps up. Also side with Naoya as much as possible

no it doesnt

I will never willingly buy a nintendo game again, unless they have a huge turn around. So yeah it's a war and it's personal. If third parties want to put their games on other systems THEN I will buy their games, but I will NOT support nintendo.

It's petty and it's immoral but I don't care. I buy all my games on ps4 and PC.

digital goods are in infinite resource, there is no such thing as digital theft, there is only unsanctioned usage

>a9lh installed
>download every worthwhile game
>put 3ds in the drawer and never touch it again
fucking hell

11.0.0-33U normal 3ds here, am I screwed? I only really care about custom themes desu

Did I do good?

Is not having a 3DS a good excuse?

not really

How come?

a 2ds is very cheap

Not when you're a college student.

My shouler buttons don't work and I'm too lazy to go out and get the right screwdriver

anybody know where i can download this official jap theme or if its even available yet?

update to 2.1.0 and dump that OTP key

3DSiso has a thread somewhere with a mega.nz folder for new Japanese themes converted for CHMM

They are hackable too, it's just hard (involves either a hardmod or a second 3ds)

There are plenty people who didn't update or let their 3ds collect dust for a while, so there is a point either way

>Because of this I can't bring myself to hack my 3DS in order get a bunch of free games.

then don't pirate and hack it for save and firmware backups, easy screenshots, overclocking and streaming (if on n3ds) instead

Unless you know someone with another 3ds or want to buy a second one or can solder, you are fucked

What cool things can I do other than play games and dlc for free?

>Inb4 3dporn
3d sucks

thanks ill give it a look now

I'm a buyfag, because I have a job and don't spend every day shilling the same thread.

I was going to hacky my 3DS but now I won't to spite you. While enjoying all the games i bought and can say I own without resorting to stealing them via piracy. Or destroying my 3DS by doing something retarded like overclocking the CPU.

An impolite sage

see
well with homebrew the sky's the limit but I wouldn't be able to tell you. Playing games you normally wouldn't be able to for free seems good enough of a reason imo but ofc there's more

>wanna switch from emunand to a9lh
>afraid I'll fuck something up and lose my games and saves
I'm in the middle of SMTIV:Apocalypse too.

Just to make sure though, there's different ways to open decrypt9, right?

Like I can go with the bottom way, right?

O3ds or N3ds? with the latter you should wait a few days, a new method got discovered that makes it easier but the guide doesn't include it yet

See Also, overclocking and streaming on n3ds and custom themes

If you now have 2 3ds you can use the 2ds to hack the n3ds

>11.0

user...

Max Gladstone's Craft Sequence is seriously legit. Think a twisted version of modern society where the the infrastructure is sustained by the hearts of dead gods and lawyers battle liches. Shit's good.

>Also, overclocking and streaming on n3ds and custom themes

I'm on o3ds so I guess overclocking is out of the question, right? Also, what games have good fan translations/restorations/uncersor/etc? I only know of Fire Emblem: Fates but I can't remember if they finished that

O3DS.

What I meant with my post is, I can go with the O3DS browser/menuhax method, or should I do something else.

STOP TAUNTING ME I ACCIDENTALLY UPDATED THE OTHER DAY AND I HAVE NO WAY BACK IN UNTIL I GET A NEW POWERSAVES

no hacking for me, I don't want to get banned just before the NX is revealed

Depends on your current firmware

>I'm on o3ds so I guess overclocking is out of the question, right?
Yes, n3ds is able to overclock because of the stronger cpu. Bravely default had uncensors, Fates has a partial fantranslation that fixes support conversations. Other than that i'm not too sure. Tons of japanese games have undubs

whhy cant you just get a new nid?

Pretty much the only way to get banned is by using a gateway or similar cart and having wrong headers. CFW won't get you banned, carts are outdated anyways

I did it for the old gba games. Inject the roms as a cia tho so you don't get slideshow tier performance

>expecting nintoddlers to know how to hack anything

nigga...

Sysnand is 9.2

Emunand is like 10 something.

I realize the questions I'm asking sound stupid but I'm pretty paranoid about this.

start here then

Can someone here help me find a game I'm trying to pirate on this? It's a platformer that's on either the GBC or GBA and it might be a Japanese only. I just remember it starts out on a pirate ship or something.

I'll suck you off if you help me. I've been trying to find it for hours.

Where can you download the game's .cia files? I worry way too much if something goes wrong with my 3DS , so I like having a back up in case something happens.

im on 11.0

3dsiso

Thanks so much for the help user, really appreciate it.

Which N3ds XL should I buy

having trouble with Installing arm9loaderhax

crashes everytime I go to the github link

frankly not worth my time

did you check the troubleshooting for that specific part

I'm trying to hack one now, and I could use some help.

I have firmware 9.0.0 -20E, which apparently means I should be using this: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Decrypt9-(Browser)

I have all of the files in the right location but when I go to any of the webpages the process gets stuckon the loading or executing stage. The ds doesnt lock up or anything, it just doesnt do anything. I've tried all the pages listed and the result is the same, can anyone help me?

the troublehshooting isn't really helping

I'm clearing save data in the browser but it still freezes

Yes it does

Did you copy the startpack over first?

If you didn't, that's the issue, otherwise it's just that browserhax isn't that stable and needs multiple attempts to work

how many times have you tried so far? that stuff is pretty unstable and prone to crashes and shit. keep trying until it works and if it still giving you alot of trouble after a long amount of tries i say try asking /hbg/

yeah I think I missed a step all together so I'm gonna restart. Thankyou very much for getting back to me, if it continues I'll follow with your advice

that's a lot of steps

What do for ver. 10.7?

just follow the instructions and don't fuck up

How do i hax my 3ds

It's worth it, just do them one by one. It's around 1-2 hours of work at most now

I see no mention of the startpack on that page, could you please elaborate?

thanks, btw

smealum.github.io/3ds/.

It's also mentioned in the guide:
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)#what-you-need

thanks a bunch dude

>4gb SD card
>part 2
>backup sysnand
>skip this part if you got no space, part 3s got you covered homie
>part 3
>lol you actually need a sysnad backup do part 2 again

Shit boys I hope I can transfer this to my 64Gb card coming, I just want to play pokemon hacks

Just switch to a bigger card, 4gb barely fits anything

Can I do a a system transer and then hack?

>11.0
Go fuck yourself I'm not buying another 3ds or welding shit

im currently using gateway but my main concern right now is transferring savedata from my emunand to an a9lh installation

how can i do this

The systemtransfer will require you to update. Hack first, transfer later

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-export-import-gateway-card1-sav-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

>11.0
ahahahaha

I upgraded my hacked o3DS to 11.1 without thinking, am I really okay or is Reggie going to come and rape me

its safe

Emunand or sysnand? If emunand you're fine.

If you're using A9LH you're also fine.

Thanks

i'm on 9.6.0 am i good?

I'm not poor.

read the thread

Yes, only requires browser, no games needed to hack

What has that got to do with anything?

yea hacked mine a while ago butt last thing I played was Monster Hunter Gen but nothings interested me since so that things collecting dust. I paid for all of my MonHun games btw b/c I support those games coming to the states but fuk paying for any other game lol

I did, and then I realized 3DS games are mostly like watching a boring anime at 240p.

nothing really. just typical ignorant parrots spouting the im rich meme as if pirating games is the only benefit to hacking a 3ds.

lol I almost couldnt tell that pic was eddited till I was like wtf is wrong with the dogo's face XD

kill yourself

It means he probably works a shitty retail/fast food job and thinks being able to spend $60 on a game every now and then makes you rich.

So all N3ds in stores are 11.0 or higher now? So I'm fucked?

No, you can't use the Japanese eShop so you can't redeem codes for it. Patches and DLC have to be pirated unless you go through the extremely annoying method of making a Japanese EmuNAND and buying shit on that to transfer over to your SysNAND on A9LH which is a waste of time.

>River City Tokyo Rumble still not dumped yet
holy fuck I am seething
someone please help

Because being cheap is pointless now that the N3DS is out. Most games have noticeable framerate increases due to a hacked N3DS which immediately makes anything before it pointless, and you can also stream games without a capture card.

I bought a 2DS for 60 bucks the other day for my niece for christmas, and I'm probably just gonna hack the fuck out of it instead of buying her a game, what are some good games for a 7yr old

what is this ips screen or whatever it is i keep hearing people go on about

She'd probably love SMT IV.

I dunno, she might like Project Mira DX if she can git gud at rhythm games.

Just buy her a game you autistic fucking retard

DO I still need to solder some shit or already have a hacked 3ds to downgrade to pirate? If that shit still hasn't changed I'll probably never hack mine.

nintendogs, cooking mama, animal crossing, any kirby game.

Only if you were stupid enough to upgrade all the way

What if she updates it and fucks her shit up? She's 7, just buy her the 2DS, Kirby or some shit, then her parents will buy the rest.

it is; everyone's moving on to luma3ds and the new hotness is a9lh, which the plailect guide is for

switching to lumas is as easy as copypasting some files, at least

Just disable the internet, a 7 year old won#t figure out how to enable it back again. Also, a hacked 3ds can be updated without problems either way

if he hacks it with a9lh than she cant mess it up from an update.

Yup

How good is vita homebrew/piracy atm? Better than Wii U?

Seems ok so far. Haven't messed with my vita much after hacking it. Also; here's a guide.
nicoblog.org/guides/nicoblogs-ps-vita-general-guide/

Correct me if I'm wrong:

No permanent cfw, has to be reapplied
Piracy still pretty buggy, especially the dumping
Doesn't work on games that require higher firmware

I have a new 3ds version 11.0.0- 33u. It is impossible to hack

Hmm, maybe I'll wait a while, thanks. Not like I'm using my pstv for anything.

Hard, not impossible

another question: I'm up to part 4 on section 3 here:github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH)

I am on a new new3ds and havent done this before and i really want to be sure: I just go into the regular update through the system settings and that should update whatever CFW SysNAND is?

My 14yo brother hacked his 3DS, all I've played are the Fire Emblem games.

COCKSUCKER

followed the instructions with the update per that page and im on fw 11.1.0 -34E, which means I'm going to have to take this fucking thing in to get a refund because now I can't hack it.

Those instructions need to be clearer, and I need to be less fucking retarded.

thats right.

the instructions are literally clearer than they have ever been. the guide used to be even longer but got simplified exponentially. what part exactly did you muck up on

christ im confused and dumb

at least I thought i fucked it because my down + screen tap thing wasnt working anymore (when you start the ds up), but my hold select while powering it up and my hold start while powering it up still bring up luma and hourglass, so I might not have fucked it?

i am not a smart man, as detailed above

>at least I thought i fucked it because my down + screen tap thing wasnt working anymore

You probably had menuhax and emunand before. If you followed the current guide you now have a9lh which autostarts with the console.

I have paid games that I haven't finished. My RB button is breaking. I'll buy a N3DS or simply a new 3DS before hacking this old one.

Extract Universal Inject Generator, then copy both hs.app from the /files9/ folder on your SD card and FBI.cia from the FBI zip to the input folder

what the fuck is the input folder, where do i find universal inject generator wtf is with this step

Heres my question

>Hacked 3DS back in July
>N3DS - USERNAND 9.2 / EMUNAND 10.7
>Cakes
>Using CIANGEL for games
>Currently using a 128GB MSD Card

So I noticed today a new ARM9 hack without OTP is out and how hard would it be to rehack it to this version?

Would I have to wipe the hack and start clean from 9.2?

Depends on if it's a N3DS or not.

It's really easy now on n3ds

im just finishing this step too, get uig here: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH), once you unzip that the input folder is in there

thanks, if might impose further:
im up to section 5 on github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH) and im up to part 7 of this section. Firstly, its no longer just down to select, you have to enter left. up. right, up a, which I do. The problem is that after I do this i get a simple

no usable file found
Health&Safety Inject: failed!

Any idea why that might be happening?

Browserhax does not work.

If you're on 11.1 you have bigger problems.

thankyou for pointing in the direction of what uigis. I am retarded.

So now I hacked it, how do I get free games and shit

sounds like you didn't put the files in the correct folders

ah, the problem was that i didn't reboot the ds between steps, as i wasnt told to. i dont know if its just my microsd or all of them, but it wasnt picked up after just reinserting it

or maybe not, as health and safety is still health and safety, ill try those steps again

Holy fucking shit, literally no excuse
Step 1. Take your SD card out of your 3DS and put it in your computer
Step 2. Download the a9lh folder here and place the contents on the root of your SD card. This contains the payloads and firms necessary for installing A9LH.
Step 3. Download the latest release of safea9lhinstaller and place the contents of the 7zip file on the root of your SD card
Step 4. Turn on your 3DS with the SD card reinserted and boot homebrew launcher on your 9.2 sysNAND
Step 5. Open safea9lhinstaller
Step 6. Press select and you'll have arm9loaderhax!

>ARK for 3.60 is coming.
>PCSX suddenly runs brilliantly.
My Vita is gonna get so much use.

If you're already on 9.2 and have a N3DS.

Yes it's a N3DSXL

Then start here github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH)

Yea I'm already hacked tho with 9.2 and have an emunand partition running cakes

Do I wipe my whole SD card?

No, you will follow that guide to install a9lh and transfer your emunand into your sysnand

Probably use injected health and safety to install a noninjected FBI.cia, then install some apps that you might want like bootntr, inputredirectionclient, freeshop, luma updater, menuhax, and maybe an FTP server so you dont have to open menuhax for it. As for games, just install their CIAs that you get either from freeshop or manually downloaded.

Someone just tell me what to buy. I don't want to buy a N3ds and find out it's 11.0

buy a vita

Look at the serial number, then google for the firmware it's on

somebody linked a reddit thread above that details the types and their firmwares, just search for that

Alright, so I'm backing up the contents of my SD card to my PC for this part
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-RedNAND

and I'm just curious, can I delete the backup when this is all over with?
Cause this shit is 21 gigs.

I'm just afraid I might need to hold onto it though, in case something goes wrong in the future.

How can you just "look" at a serial number. No store will let you look at the box unless you are buying it. And what about buying online? How do you know the serial number?

can you play NDS roms yet ?

You'll only need to keep a sysnand backup and otp.bin

Always have at least one SD card backup at any given time since that has most of your saves on it and as long as you don't change 3DS systems or go to an EmuNAND it can just be put back onto it and give you all the stuff it has back. Never delete SysNAND/EmuNAND backups.

It's a sticker on the box, you don't have to open it or anything to find it out. Go to a store that's not shit.

I believe most retailers keep hardware like n3ds behind glass.

>literally no excuse
How about being on the wrong firmware? When there's an easy way in for firmware 11+ then theres no excuse.

thanks to everyone who helped me here today, you guys are the best

you can judge by the types alone, i am in a eur region so i got a non-xl new 3ds white, which you can see on the page is firmware 9.0

I wanted a black one but they had none in stock apart from a preused one that was in perfect condition but someone had updated the firmware on :(

good luck, buddy

Tell them something like "I'm interested in this 3ds, would it be possible to take a look at the serial number before I decide?"

Can't hurt to ask, others managed just fine

>all these 11.0 cucks

literally laughing at you morons

That sounds awkward as hell if you don't give them a good reason for someone to waste time getting out a box for you. Unless you want to straight up say you're looking to mod it.

I'm sure you can word it better than that. Worst thing that can happen is that they refuse and you can just ask in a different store

>user being this beta

The clerk will most likely do it without any further explanation. Nobody working in retail is going to pass on selling 3ds. It helps their monthly quota.

>implying im one
Im just correcting dumbfuck OP

skip the serial code part and just ask if you can see the 3ds. i work retail and i get asked to open up things behind the glass just because someone wants to look at the information at the back all the time. youll only look weird if you do this multiple times asking for many boxes to look at

You can still often see it easily since it's on the side. Or ask a clerk.
Or you can buy an old ugly themed one or a shitty 2DS if you're too paranoid for that

>noticeable framerate increases due to a hacked N3DS

Really? Any link to that?

Luma3ds allows you to configure it so it uses the n3ds cpu on every game. Press the select button when starting it and it will let you configure that

youtube.com/watch?v=F-ZaBUfwK4E

Luma 3DS does the clock speed thing natively so you don't have to load up NTR for example, and games like Senran Kagura Burst and Pokemon have stable framerates.

I can't imagine Senran Kagura without it. I find it a little sluggish even with, but it is stable.

>literally no excuse even if you're a buyfag
yes, there is.

11.0-33, no access to an already hacked ds and no money to buy another.

and no, i dont want to hardmod

New 3ds or New 3ds XL?

All the good games came out before piracy was possible and I've played them all.

Do you want a bigger screen? Does lower pixel density bother you?

steal one

Of course I want a bigger screen. I do not think lower pixel density would bother me. But are there any other differences? Like, I know you don't get the face plates

piracy has been around forever tho

Only faceplates and size

on the 3ds, without an expensive piece of chink hardware

That's right, palantine cfw was a thing early on. It wasn't pleasant but piracy was there.

Okay then. I'll try the XL.

CUTE
U
T
E

The 3ds came out over five years ago, you know, and the ambassador program was a thing for a reason.

What if I don't want to because it'll bring me nothing I care about
What if I just want to have a clean, updated machine like a normal person

>clean, updated machine
You can have that with hacking.

I do have a solid excuse though

IM ON 11.1.0-34U HOW DO I HACK IT SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

Yeah, because there were no fucking games for years.

well, have to wait till 11.0-33 is hackable, too.
someday they get it

YOu don't

mh3u came out early enough and the packet relay tool was useful

WELL THERE IS MY EXCUSE

you could mail it to me, have me hack it, then have me mail it back to you

U SEEM LIKE A TRUSTWORTHY PERSON TO SEND MY 200 DOLLAR DEVICE TO

i already have three of them that I don't play, what would I need to keep yours for?

Can't you system transfer remotely?

no

>what is a disclaimer
Do you also delete rooms after 24 hours and refuse to run any executable because it might hurt the pc?

I'M GONNA DO IT, BUT I MUST ASK A FEW QUESTIONS BEFOREHAND.
>is the site which uses QR codes to download games off Nintendo's servers up to date and with a vast library? If I had to resort to regular torrents for shitty obscure JP games what's the best alternative? I remember 3dsiso never sent me a fucking validation email
>should I format the 3DS before CFWing? I know there are tools that only necessitate homebrew launchers for backups, but how do I recover online stuff like the Nintendo ID without going online and updating?
>should I install CFW now or will an awesome method that makes all the old ones obsolete pop out in two months like every fucking time?

Even with a VPN?

Use freeshop and plailect's a9lh guide

>should I format the 3DS before CFWing?

If you are really paranoid about softbricks, yes. it's not mandatory though

>>should I install CFW now or will an awesome method that makes all the old ones obsolete pop out in two months like every fucking time?

Major steps that require you to redo stuff happen rarely, most of the changes lately were just improvements to the speed of the hacking.

In the end you still have the same result, no matter if you used the old guide to get to a9lh or the new ones.

>mfw 11.0 o3ds xl
>fell for the hardmod meme
>have to buy some shit game to homebrew

Should have just sold it and bought a n3ds instead. Would cost roughly the same and I wouldn't have solder for like a full day...

>just switched from emunand to al9lh
>got to keep all my games and saves
Feels good.

And just to make sure, I can now safely update and NEVER have to worry about a brick, right?

Gunvolt 2 is out also out on the usual iso place
Gunvolt 1 patch still MIA, rip in peace.

Always check first. But in theory.

Check in with /hbg/ whenever a new update comes out to make sure it's aight.

You would have to be really retarded to brick a9lh. It can't protect you from destroying the hardware itself for example

The only thing happening now is easier methods of installing the same hack on newer firmwares. Nothing will top a9lh.
Despite what the other guy said, you should really format it unless your saves are that precious. You don't need to format if you're already on 9.0 or 9.2 though. There are some homebrew save managers, they might not work on all your games. NNID is irrelevant and unnecessary but once finished you'll be one the newest firmware. I think you can just log back into your old one at that point since the system is the same.

Freeshop is updated constantly and 3dsiso does work.

Don't touch those stupid homebrew apps that let you customize the LEDs. Check online if a new update is compatible with Luma before updating. It'll never brick the system but might not run until a CFW update is released.

Im trying to.
But i got a partial downgrade and now i can't downgrade anymore...

>Don't touch those stupid homebrew apps that let you customize the LEDs.
What can you customize?

home menu/theme shit is all fine
cpu clock speed through luma/ntr is fine
changing the LEDs was a specific thing someone permanently bricked their console with, you just have no reason to be messing with other hardware
keep the nand.bin backup you make after a9lh and you can recover from almost any other problems

aren't most of the saves in the cartridges anyway? The only digital game I have is AA5 and, obviously, I wouldn't really care if I lost the saves

you can make the LED's go any color you like, however, the LED control chip in the 3ds is prone to hard bricking the entire system if an incorrect command is sent to it. The LED control commands can get garbled and messed up/truncated mid message if power/control of the homebrew app is interrupted, the LED control chip will go 'what the fuck is this shit' and your 3ds will fail beyond even a hardmod repairing it. In short, the LED's are not really designed to be controlled directly by software.

Some aren't, like Fantasy Life

I was thinking of hacking my old 3ds since sometimes it shuts off randomly so if I brick it, no big deal but I herd there is a process of making it easier to hack a new 3ds through an already hacked 3ds?

got freeshop but I need some bin how do i do that

search 3ds title keys and the first result has a qr for you

thankyou xx

That part really annoyed me. I don't even remember how I eventually got past that.

My dad told me he wanted to kill himself last night

I'm on the newest firmware, any hope for me? Is this a valid excuse OP huh you faggot?

Learn soldering, find someone with another 3ds or buy a cheap used 2ds.

no excuse

can i still access the eshop after hacking?

what happens with upcoming firmware updates?

what about game updates like ssb4?

how can I ensure the 2DS is on the right firmware?

-yes
-cfw updates
-ssb4 works

how does it feel knowing a leak is just around the corner?

You can download everything from eshop.
If you get al9h+Luma, the CFW boots before anything else in the system does, so it's impossible for an update to brick your console and you will always have a state to roll back to.

Updates/DLC can be installed manually. With Luma, you can even use out of region DLC to work with your game (for example, US dlc with Euro release)

Does it work on the latest firmware?

Ask or buy new, even new it is pretty cheap

sysnand transfer from a hacked o3ds or 2ds or hardware mod (but let's be honest you're not going to do a hardware mod)

or buy a cheap boxed 2ds, i'm pretty sure the boxed ones aren't on 11.0 yet

there are no problems with it

it's not pointless if you don't care about the added stuff that n3ds brings, which a lot of people don't

I've had this shit as a bookmark forever: pastebin.com/EBKipkPW

Is this shit outdated brahs? Should I follow the other guide that got posted first in this thread?

Too much work for not enough pay off.

unmolested boxed 2ds should always be below 11.0

if it's on 11.0, they molested it. try to go to a place with a decent returns policy. i went to meijer (30 day, no questions asked)

that guide was always shit and i always said so and people finally started agreeing with me after months

use plailect's guide, it's the standard now and it works fine

a9lh is optional but everyone does it (except me because i don't want to). keep in mind it makes it so your 3ds won't boot with an sd card with the right files on it.

to clarify that last part, you only *need* to get on 9.2 and set up luma or another cfw (but right now luma is the only one that gets updates, so use luma).

a9lh makes it easier to use and makes it run more reliably. it's optional, though, and a standard emunand setup will serve you just fine in most cases.

kinda cool but isnt there no online for the 3ds version

Ok I already hacked it. And now my sd card is reaching its limit and I wanna buy a new one. How will I transfer files from old to new? Just by simple copy paste everything?

Lol

>smaller icons
Please don't tell me that is only possible with a hacked 3DS...

everytime a 3ds thread appears you always gotta drop a picture of your homescreen dont you

what are the I S H A C folders?

I have Homebrew and Nintendo folders, thats it

I had a feeling I was overdue for a reply like that. And yes I do

Can you still access the eShop or do you automatically get locked out?

Indie for indie/eshop exclusive games, s for system, h for homebrew, a for gba, c is for classics like in 3d or just plain, also where I store tba games since my a folder is filled.

Not sure why you'd want to

You can access the E-shop via the homebrew menu, the one on your 3ds home menu will bug out.

Hacked my old 3DS when these threads first popped up. Haven't done much with the thing since then because I hacked it just to hack it.

But I want to actually do something with this thing now. Is there a way to put DS games onto the SD card and play those on the 3DS? Last time I checked it wasn't possible.

>Not sure why you'd want to
That wasn't my question.

Ah ok.
So buying and downloading stuff is still possible?

Fuck me, should have read the thread.
Maybe one day...

>that wasn't my question.
That's nice

nah. he just zoomed out to the maximum and the large amount of games clustered together makes everything looks very tiny

Yes, it is still possible. Just open the eShop via homebrew launcher

Too much hassle. Already on 11. Even if I do it, I will download 15 games and never play them. I'll be a buyfag and spend $150 on a few games. Yes, I know I could get another 3ds for that price but meh

>my New 3DS is 11.1.0
>but it seems I can downgrade it with the help of my old 3DS that I hacked almost 10 months ago
wew
I haven't touched that shit in forever, I have no idea what I'm doing anymore.

I already have one hacked but I have a friend who wants to hack his and needs to downgrade, is downgrading safe? I read that it could soft brick the console even if you do evrything right.

its safe and you could potentially get a softbrick even if you do everything correctly, though thats an extremely low chance. anyway even if a softbrick did occur it would just mean youd be forced to update to the latest firmware. which would mean the hack couldnt be tried again without a hardmod or another hacked 3ds. basically itd be just like 3ds was before the hack. nothing to lose really. everything would still work like it normally did

Why would I?
>muh 30 year old emulation you can just do on PC
>muh custom theme memes
>not a piratecuck

What are some hidden gems for 3ds? Recommend me stuff to pirate

so what are 3ds with 11.0 and above not hackable or something?

Only if you have attention deficit and rely on speed reading. Either way you deserve to be fucked.

You don't need to dump games, you can download the dumps already.
And with the new mai tool there's little to no game that is undumpable as of now.

>DQ7
Stop recommeding this shit. Only fanboys like this turd.

no it really fucking doesn't.

name 1 plugin or homebrew app that allows me to use cheats in 3ds games.

NTR

As long as you format the new sd card correctly. Yes just copy paste.
Not without a hardmod (soldering some wires from the motherboard to an micro-sd adapter) or another already hacked 3ds.

Only if you fucked up a step and it's fixable on a9lh, don't know the steps for emunand by backing up your nand, formating with tinyformat, login into nnid and restoring your backup.

As soon as you fixed the link to your nnid it works just as normal. It will delete custom themes and pirated dlc though

>Felt into "hack your 3ds" meme
>Didnt pirate a single game, more over, bought two afer hacking (had only one before)
>I still feel that Nintendo would find out if I would install some .cia

At least I made use of lack of regional lock.

How to bypass the update nag? Cant use the browserhax method since the nag keeps on appearing. Version 10.1 here, help me hackbros.

nintendo literally cant tell the different from a legit cia and a pirated one

Did you tried setting time to 00:00 and date to 1 Jan 2000?

How?

That's fine too, the extra features makes it worth it

Because Nintendo is bad at coding, the 3ds can't recognize legit vs pirated cias and can't even tell if you are downloading from the eshop servers with a legit or a leaked ticket. People have been able to download directly from their servers for several months now and neither did anyone get banned nor did they fix their system to make it improssible

What if... what if they secretly record IPs that does so, waiting patiently to strike at right moment?

and what would they do? track down everyone who pirated mario 3d land and fine em? ban their consoles some how? lets hypothetically say by some dark magic nintendo somehow got your console banned. if you have a9lh you boot up before any of the 3ds stuff does, so its very very easy to circumvent anything that might mess you up.

>I am fucked by a cactus on daily basis and my anus cannot stop bleeding

Except for playing online and loosing your NNID.

What gain would they have from waiting? The longer they don't fix it, the worse their reputation with devs and the more bandwidth is wasted on pirates

Can you actually pirate new games yet? Or is it the sort of shit where some need the newest official firmware to work

This thread is still up?

you can pirate everything and you can update the custom firmware after you hacked it so firmware locks don't affect you

>NO EXCUSE
But I'm on version 11
>UGH YOU JUST HAVE TO SOLDER TWO WIRES GEEZ
fuck off

neat, maybe it's time to finally buy a 3DS
How alive is the community uploading the games? Is stuff up pretty quickly and kept seeded/dead links replaced or do they use some built in app or some shit