Has enough time passed to finally admit that this was a good game?

Has enough time passed to finally admit that this was a good game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FGFJ43jv4eg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It wasnt a good game the controls were off compared to the previous title and the story was a complete mess.

The only tolerable thing was the tagged on Multiplayer

2 < 1 < 3

DLC:
2 < 3 < 1

Characters:
1 < 3 < 2

>massive shitfest over ending
>they release a fucking slideshow as if that makes up for it

multiplayer was good

The multiplayer was so fun

>it's not OK

it was a good game up until the ending

Worth playing for the Citadel DLC.

The gameplay was a little bit better but it was a shit game. However Mass Effect 2 was worse

It was okay. Best gameplay of the series but couldn't make up for the absolute diarreaha that was the second game and then it just ripped itself a new asshole with the ending

It was decent. Gameplay design improvements couldn't make up for the rushed development of the game. The game suffered from poor level design and boring missions. The writing fell down the drain. From the second half onwards everything felt like it was rushed for release.

overrated.

Some missions were good but all in all it was rushed, both story and game and reeked of self indulgence from the developers.

Honestly, the only thing I remember are those gay ass black and white scenes with the little kid running around, the rest is a complete blur.

I feel like the Citadel DLC literally made every character a meme version of itself, or maybe I'm just not used to seeing them relaxed, I don't know

I always thought it was a good game. At least when you take how shit the whole series was into account.

NEVER!

Thought 1 was shit. 2 was great, and 3 had better gameplay so it is my fav.

It was good gameplay wise, the story however basically did the same thing to the trilogy the same thing Bioshock Infinite did toBioshock 1 and 2, meaning it's a total clusterfuck with inexplicable "too complex for anyone" shit storm.

1 and 2 basically deals with reapers and the mystery of what they are and the prometheans and all that shit, then I guess the writers started smoking crack and sat in a small dark room pondering what life is.

It WAS a good game with a BAD ending, that's all.

Tuchanka and the Citidel DLC were pretty good.

The fucking ninja edgelord can fuck right off.

>floaty controls
>completely changed/fucked up side quests
>weird pacing
>retarded ending
>gook ninja
>that fucking kid that shit didn't make any sense

aside from that I liked it. Or at least I had fun playing it. The citadel DLC really let me hand-wave away a lot of the shit I didn't like, because it was really good. Actually I think I wouldn't have liked the game nearly as much if I didn't play the citadel DLC.

Oh and tali. Tali and the citadel DLC definitely saved it. I think I could put up with a lot of shitty things if I was just able to chill out with garrus and tali

No.
youtube.com/watch?v=FGFJ43jv4eg

Are you still mad?

>it was a good game

We can, and always have, admitted that the multiplayer is pretty fun.

The single-player is dog shit.
Not just the ending, but absolutely everything that isn't part of the Tuchanka arc.

It has the best gameplay of the series and there was plenty to like about it. Fembot EDI is the kind of B-tier sci-fi camp that I love.

The ending wasn't great, but not as bad as people make it out to be. Just mediocre. And there would have been disappointment regardless of how they ended it.

I don't care much for it.

The constant fanservice ended up making every character a joke.

I dropped it once they introduced Chinese Genji.

Tali is related to the most disgustingly lazy moment in Bioware's history, and they a goddamn lazy company.

And it bugged me how she was never able to accomplish one damn thing without Shepard doing it for her.

Yet despite that she's still best grill.

>both story and game and reeked of self indulgence from the developers.

That was literally the point, you fucking idiot. It was pure fanservice.

But it was really good fanservice. It gave me the closure I didn't get from the actual ending.

I liked it

I agree but that's mostly because all of the others were either relegated to minor roles (Miranda, Jack, Samara), turned into absolute shit (EDI, Ash) or were just kinda annoying and inconsistent (Liara).

>Cred Forums
>admitting Bioware made a good game
Think again, I'm sure there are at least 20 posts made about how Witcher 3 is the greatest game of all time.

mass effect 3 sucked cock.
>dead kid flash back
>lets run through the woods

>ME3 characters
>better than 2 when the only new squadmate is Vega, the worst Mass Effect squadmate of all time

To the point of annoyance.

What if instead of a fun party during a civilization-ending war, we'd gotten everybody together to go on a kickass adventure?

Yeah it really bugged me that they sidelined a ton of great characters for ones that were really bland. Like who the fuck really cared about james or that prothean guy? Liara was *ok* but like you said they completely changed her character

>just kinda annoying and inconsistent (Liara)
Liara's character completely changed between the first and second game. In the first, she was a socially awkward reclusive archaeologist. In the second, she's a hard ass businesswoman who ends up becoming the center of the largest criminal information and communication network in the galaxy.

That's because no one cared about her in the 1st game so they had to do something there.

Funny thing is that no one still cared, blueberry was the worst waifu and the new Shrek looking gal is already an improvement.

>blueberry was the worst waifu
>not ashley
I'll admit she was ok in the first one but in 3 they made her some weird botox monster

>okay lets add a brand new character, a soldier type
>sounds good, what should his character be?
>ugh, instead of giving him character can we just give him an ethnicity?
>done
vega was by far the laziest part of that game including the ending

Good game, but it wasn't what it was promised to be and the endings sucked.

It makes ME2 utterly pointless.
I mean, it never added anything to the overall Reaper story, but it built up this big cast of characters you expected to be important in the next game.
Which was probably the plan before it was decided that the end of a trilogy is a perfect time to aggressively court new players.

They tried WAY too hard to make her tough and probably saw her ME1 personality as too demure.

Sure it's only because they railroad people into it, but she's still the most popular LI.

He's still better than Jacob.

>that filename

>They tried WAY too hard to make her tough and probably saw her ME1 personality as too demure.
They should have had her in charge of a big Council-funded Prothean/Reaper archaeological dig site, or something. Not just completely change what she was.

Before release, one of Bioware's many lies was that Vega had never seen much of the larger galaxy.
He was going to be awed and maybe even a bit scared by everything around him.
There was potential for interesting characterization in that.

Too bad it turned out to be bullshit and his backstory explicitly includes space missions.
Fuck, they made a movie about it.

That fucking loading screen between the war room and the rest of the ship

I understand it's for consoles but fuck everything goddamn

Man, and her subplot suuuucked.

She devoted her entire life to saving some guy that helped her out once, even though this came after he totally betrayed her.

LotSB was pretty great, but her motivation was just terrible.

Am I the only one who thought that Chobot was one of the more interesting and awesome characters in the game?

You can get a mod to remove it

I sure hope so

>Vega
>Somehow worse than Ash or Carth

Her involvement was pretty fascinating.

Post-release Bioware leaned HARD on the "artistic integrity" angle, yet here we have some bimbo from IGN as an actual character, while many well-liked minor characters were written out entirely.

There was nothing wrong with Ash.

In the first game.

>carth
what

it was fucking garbage.
fuck mass effect
fuck bioware
fuck ea
fuck you

>Not getting that joke.

Kaidan shares VA with Carth Onasi of KOTOR

He his considering Ashley wasn't bad.

Aw shit son I didn't know that. I should have payed more attention.

Is dragon age: origins any good? I just finished me3 a few days ago and I need something to play

It's definitely one of the better wrpgs Bioware has produced. A lot of people consider it to be their last good game.

Sick. I'm gonna check it out then. thanks senpai

Good game with bad ending. Genuinely loved the Genophage and the Geth arcs. The start and ending were horrible. Multiplayer was incredibly fun and I hope it returns in 4.

>Retcon and rebuild entirety of act 3 and the ending/epilog from scratch
>Remove or massively overhaul Kai Leng's character
>Change the side quests to be more than just 'go to planet and scan for the thing'
>Reveal Tali's face properly with a full-on mask and hood removal scene and(or)retcon and remove the photo of her face to be not canon.
>Adjust the War assets system to have less of a focus on multiplayer
>Remove everything pertaining to that fucking dead kid and the dream sequences
>...

What else needs to be done to salvage Mass Effect 3?

I'd argue that the only bad bioware games are DA2 and DAI. Sure you can shit on ME2 or ME3s story all you want but the core gameplay elements are really solid for dev team that usually doesn't produce shooters. Meanwhile games like DA2 and DAI have meh stories with a varying degree of shit to mediocre gameplay. Hopefully MEA doesn't get added to their shit game list.

>Game leaves such a fat shit stain on the series that the next game is required to be a soft reboot
>Game managed to piss off even the biggest known Biodrones who thought Mass Effect was the best series in existence
>Game had such a bad story that a flimsy crackpot fan theory ended up making more sense

>but waz a gud gamu guyz

Yea I bet you think so faggot

Remove Javik, or at least make him look like an actual Prothean. No sexbot body for EDI. No magical hologram arm blade for Shepard. Reapers actually have a motivation that isn't contradictory and retarded. Choices from previous games should actually matter. Like if Wrex is dead, he isn't just replaced by a nearly identical Krogan. Or if you killed the Rachni queen, the Reapers didn't just magically find another one to make you fight.

>Or if you killed the Rachni queen, the Reapers didn't just magically find another one to make you fight
What. I saved the queen so I didn't get to see the other side, but they just...find another one? What the fuck?

>No sexbot body for EDI

>Like if Wrex is dead, he isn't just replaced by a nearly identical Krogan.
This is the shit that annoyed me the most. Where if someone had previously died they just replaced them with a near identical character, instead of trying to have their death make a meaningful impact.

I'm sorry. It's stupid. I'm sure you can find something else to jerk off to.

>It's stupid.
No it isn't. Not in a world like ME anyway. My Shepard was a dick who was into sexing anyone though, so it made since for him to keep her like that.

In your opinion, is it the sexiness of her body that makes it stupid? What if her body wasn't sexy? She instead her body was just a boring ass liking drone thing, would it sill be stupid?

>Has enough time passed to finally admit that this was a good game?
Mass Effect 3 wasn't a good game though.

>Like if Wrex is dead, he isn't just replaced by a nearly identical Krogan.

But we were introduced to Wreav in ME2. It's explained that he takes his brother's place after his death caused a vacuum in leadership similarly to how he killed his father. In fact, Wreav and Wrex aren't the same identical person. Wrex is more diplomatic and simply wants his race to prosper again while Wreav is blood hungry and is actively seeking revenge against the Council races.

Plus, if you don't cure the genophage Wreav is too stupid to realize while Wrex knows what you did, causing a conflict between him and Shepard. So technically, Wrex being alive DID affect ME3. Shit like the rachni being replaced is inexcusable though.

>She instead her body was just a boring ass liking drone thing

I think I just had a stroke.

>What if instead her body was just a boring ass looking drone thing

Is what I meant to say.

Not sure what that user is on about, but I'm pretty sure thy didn't find another one, but took the old (dead) one and turned her into a cyborg thing.

>Not in a world like ME anyway.
It is when the only robots in the setting are Geth (which made robots and AI in general a huge taboo in the galaxy) or those dime a dozen clunky robot cannon fodder bots in ME2. It just doesn't fit.

It's the whole idea of giving the ship's AI a robot body. Making it a sexy fembot body does make it significantly more stupid, yes. It's the same reason I hate Halo 3. Cortana started out as your sassy AI tactician, but ended up as a whiny sexualized damsel in distress and romantic interest for the Chief.

I hate how much negative attention the ending of ME3 got. Not because it wasn't a bad ending, because it was, but it almost implies, by exclusion, that the ending ruined what would have been an otherwise great game; when in reality, the ending was the guard flipping you off on the way to the showers in Auschwitz. There's no side missions; the only side content is playing glorified delivery driver. You don't even have to do anything, you just scan the planet from away then fuck off. None of your choices over the past two games mattered a goddamn lick, since they all just translated into progress on a fucking graph. A graph you didn't even need to play the other two games to fill.

This isn't even just a case of something being kind of shitty retroactively damaging your memory of something you enjoyed; this actively negated the previous two games with its nonsensical fucking story.

Ah, ok then. It's still stupid but it's less stupid than them just finding another one