Is this any good? From what I've seen, it's played on the same map as Alttp, does it not feel like a rehash?

Is this any good? From what I've seen, it's played on the same map as Alttp, does it not feel like a rehash?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zBuON0CuIMA
youtube.com/watch?v=kDPZtxRtowk
youtube.com/watch?v=KfOoBL_lD0k
youtube.com/watch?v=qJneIbUrPFg
youtube.com/watch?v=OdJawKHdwQk
youtube.com/watch?v=MfoG8O2J3uE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The dungeons are different
The rental system is a neat idea, but thanks to it beating dungeons feels less rewarding as you only get upgrades and there's no progressive increase in difficulty

Also if you manage to die at any point in this game and aren't on hero mode you are a huge scrub anyways.

It's like watching a tv show that starts when a kid is small. Taking a break. Then coming back to the show and the kid is now in college.

It's really good, though it isn't as difficult as LttP. Watch out, this thread is going to be full of people shitting out of every orifice as they complain about the difficulty.

The overworld is similar to LttP but not a direct copy, making it kind of nostalgic but also a new experience. It's really cool it you were a fan of LttP.

>Watch out, this thread is going to be full of people shitting out of every orifice as they complain about the difficulty
>implying it isn't completely justified
Having more freedom is nice, but it sucks if the majority of the temples are stuck with a "what if this is the player's first area" scenario.

Just fucking play it you faggot

Yeah, it's good. Nice homage to ALTTP. Difficulty is low but it's more Zelda, which is all I ever want. Runs great too.

I'm playing it right now, just beat the second dungeon

Do you legitimately get no items from dungeons? Feels terrible, the fun in Zelda is getting a new item each dungeon and backtracking to previous areas to access things you couldn't before. In this game, do you simply get all items available after the first dungeon and can rent them as you wish?

Doesn't seem like a good idea frankly, specially since you need to go back to your house and spend a ton of rupees to get your items back

It's a fun game but worries me. It really felt like the NEW Super Mario Bros. of the Zelda series, and Neo-Nintendo loves to pump out soulless sequels like this. I hope they don't start digging up old Zelda games and repackaging them as nostalgic throwbacks.

>Do you legitimately get no items from dungeons?
Hyrule was no items, Lorule gives you upgrades for your stamina, shield, and materials to boost your sword's attack.

Its a nice experience, but dungeons are too easy and the rental system basically means that every dungeon has a single item gimmick.

Dungeon themes are at least consistent though.
Which was my major fucking gripe with Minish Crap.

>the fun in Zelda is getting a new item each dungeon and backtracking to previous areas to access things you couldn't before

While I agree with this, apparently you and I are an extreme minority. For years now people have been ruthlessly shitting on this formula so Nintendo have been forced to find ways around it.

Also if you don't die, you don't have to pay for the items again, I'm pretty sure.

it was pretty fun but too gimmicky

The rental system is pointless. The game throws so many rupees at you that you can buy every item and max out your wallet very early. The dungeons are all too easy, too. The game was literally made for babies.

New Super Mario Bros 2 is a rehash indeed (feels more like a New Super Mario Bros 1 expansion). However a Link Between World feels like a tribute to A Link to the Past with new story, new characters, new gameplay ideas etc. Maybe not as fresh and good as other Zelda games but still great, well made and enjoyable. If you 're a Zelda game, you won't regret it giving a chance.

It fuckin blows because you rent your wepons from that bunny fag. No sense of reward or surprise. Just get money and buy tools. Lame as shit.

I enjoyed the game quite a bit. To be fair I have been desperate for a Zelda similar to a LTTP for years now.

Yeah its a bit on the easy side but its still quite a bit of fun. Definitely better than Skyward Sword.

>we'll never get another comfy zelda game ever again

>comfy
Anything can be "comfy" the way you fags use the word.
>this tumor is comfy

I'm gonna be the contrarian here, I appreciated the rental system a great deal. It meant I was able to unlock almost every area as soon as I wanted. This has improved replayability because I can try to complete lorule in a different order each time. It's not the best Zelda by any shake of the stick but it's my go-to for airplane rides and I think some of the dungeons are really well designed.

>I'm gonna be the contrarian here by saying what others have said, including the part where I still enjoyed it despite its flaws

This is only the case with the first few. The later dungeons are walled off from the start of the game so they do get more creative and interesting

That is because the "explore new areas with your new gadget" part is really downplayed in the 3D Zeldas, so all you have left is the now formulaic issue of "getting item, beat boss with item, repeat".

However, I dont like the approach of ALBW, either. I applaud the fact they want to go back to the open world style, but I will always prefer the first Zelda approach regarding items.

If BotW does open world right this time, regarding items and dungeons Im gonna be fucking happy man

What was the first Zelda approach regarding items?

>this tumor is comfy
This is the best line I've ever read here, thank you for this laugh user

Best OST in the series. Even when taking out the GOAT remasters of LttP tracks, the new tracks are fucking amazing. I seriously hope Ryo Nagamatsu gets to work on Breath of the Wild.

youtube.com/watch?v=zBuON0CuIMA
youtube.com/watch?v=kDPZtxRtowk
youtube.com/watch?v=KfOoBL_lD0k
youtube.com/watch?v=qJneIbUrPFg
youtube.com/watch?v=OdJawKHdwQk
youtube.com/watch?v=MfoG8O2J3uE

It's basically just a remake of ALttP, no matter what anyone says. It doesn't stand on its own, as its own game in my eyes. Still great, but felt no different than replaying ALttP with MAH WAHL MECHANIC

>Implying cancer can't be comfy

One of the best Zelda games in a long time. One of the best Zelda games period. I wish the art direction was more unique and inspired, though--this combined with how much it superficially borrows from A Link the Past doesn't bode well for the game's presentation. It's great nonetheless.

It's fun
Even if you're familiar with ALttP it's still different enough to feel like its own game, not that much aside from the overworld is actually rehashed
The item system is neat but it's kind of broken and simplifies dungeons in an unfortunate way
The painting gimmick is super well implemented and the puzzles revolving around it are really clever

Items werent required to beat dungeons, but only a fraction of them were required to access later dungeons. And not all of them were in the dungeons, some you had to buy or find in the overworld.

For example, at the start you can access like 6 dungeons, but you can only go to Level 4 if you have the raft, found at level 3. You could only defeat Gohma (level 6) if you had the bow (level 1) and bought the arrows. That design style encouraged lots of exploration and while not entdrely non-linear, it was practically open ended.

Of course, the dungeons faltered because of it, but bear in mind that we are talking about a 1985, first of its genre game. Challenge back then consisted enterely of surviving the gorillion of enemies the game throwed at you, and finfing your way into the labyrinths.

If BotW repeats this design while at the same time updating the dungeon design to modern standards we would be having an absolute masterpiece.

>Of course, the dungeons faltered because of it
I don't think so. The original Zelda simply emphasizes combat and analyzing the map over item use.