WHAT WAS THE POINT?

WHAT WAS THE POINT?

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcegaming.info/2015/07/04/english-smash4-project-proposal-slides/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Filler content.
It's a bad mario party

To show how much of an asshole the AI is in free-for-alls.

I don't understand why they didn't keep Smash Run on the Wii U version. Idk about you guys, but I had a blast playing Smash Run and was hoping there'd be an online version for Wii U.

>Mr. Sakurai how do we make the AI more of a threat
>make them only attack the player
>excellent, your poo poo is delicious again!

Classic mode 7v1 is ass

It's fucking unplayable garbage. I still have bad memories of sperging out when I tried to play it with my friends. I had so little fun.

>Had all motivation to play through 3DS version
>Zero motivation to play through Wii U version

>This fucking thing

it's literally useless unless you have someone who actually gives a shit about bearing through this shit with you

and no one cares about this shit much less me

We hated it at first but sometime around last year we tried it out a few times and had fun. Its not accessible by any means to new players I have noticed but if your familiar with it it can be fun.

>Biggest problem

No online. I would love to play with Cred Forumstards

You can ask the same thing about Melee and it's lottery

Because Sakurai feels the need to have things that go against what people loved Melee for. Basically, you're not supposed to take it seriously and laugh off the RNG bullshit that works against you. It's as anti-skill of a mode as it gets.

Cred Forumstards get triggered if you turn smash balls on for one tourny at the weekend. This would cause full on grump dumpy mode.

I think there are bigger problems than no online for it. Specifically:
>no options besides customs on or off
>only three boards
>can't choose which of your fighters to use
>all players are always involved in fights instead of just the ones that run into each other
>could have had more special events like the boss fights or home run contest
>the winner is decided entirely in the final free for all making everything else almost meaningless
It really could have used a tutorial as well as it does seem to confuse most players on their first try of it.

>have the least stat boosters and the fewest characters
>CPU 1 shrinks me
>CPU 2 gives me 100%
>CPU 3 teams up with CPU 2
>get knocked off stage
>watch CPU 2 and 3 stand off to the side while CPU 1 edge guards me

I loved playing it with a cousin.
The AI ganging up one of us but not on the other was always fun, for the other.

Smash Run was an okay idea, but it got annoying as fuck when enemies stunlocked you.

>Smash Bros is a party game
>Put a party mode inside of a party game

Why. Who goes over to someone's house and says "Yo dude fire up that Smash Tour!!"? You boot up Smash, you fucking play Smash. No items, all items, random stage, Omega stage, whatever, it's all good. If you're wanting to play seriously or with people who literally have never played Smash before you can find a way to accommodate that.

Jesus christ. This, and how frustratingly poor custom moves are implemented fucking peeves me off to no end. Would it really be that hard to let us pick our custom moves on the same screen as the character select? Just use our character icon space as a little menu like the name select so we can customize our shit without going to separate god damn menus every time. Jesus christ.

It's ok it's fun xD

Reminder that muh item fags defended that shit mode once it got announced

The worst challenges on the board given that they are based around random occurrences that you then have to make sure happen to you and not an ai opponent.

Smash at this point isn't a game, it's a product. Know why the 3DS version exists? The userbase. You can say Smash on the go, but in actuality it was because there were more 3DS owners than Wii U owners. The product has to sell, hence the 3DS version. Granted, Sakurai mentioned he didn't want to do another Smash game if he has to work on two games at once again, so at least he has some understanding on the process.

But even then, there's enough problems with the game that he seems to be okay with.

>hey lets make the same game for our two platforms
>but lets not make it crossplatform play

>Smash Bros is a party game
This party mode is proof that smash isn't a party game though

Well, it's proof that it thinks itself as a party game.

>add trophy options like the main game has for items
>add battle type options like Kirby Air Ride's City Trial has
>remove timer that forces you to make decisions without reading
>make the battle at the end survival instead of KOs, or at least make that an option too
That's all it would take to make this at least bearable.

It's pretty fun to watch if everyone makes the CPU fight instead

There was no point, it's just Sakurai shitting out crap and thinking it's gold again.

Sakurai doesn't get how or why people play his games.

He just wants to make sure nobody tries to take it so seriously.
That's why you trip in Brawl.

It was actually a pretty fun mode if you had the friends to play with.

I wanted to set up a retardy of this once, but it seems to demand at least one human player to start the game. Why? I can set four CPUs to fight in the regular mode, so why not here?

>This thread again

No, he does. He just doesn't care unless it aligns with his own thinking.

I can respect that to a degree because a lot of people are really stupid and have stupid ideas, but he takes it to ridiculous levels where he ends up contradicting his own statements.

>we don't want to redesign Ganondorf because it will alienate older players
>but don't worry, we'll redesign Bowser

Custom moves feel like they gave up about 3 characters in

>okay we got all these unique moves for Palutena
>and we can give other robot master rooms for mega man!
>kinda stumped on everyone else tho
>just make a slow strong one and a fast weak one senpai
>and make the drops rng and tie them to 5 menus
>5 montns later
>fuck it everyone hates it don't bother for DLC

And Bowser is still off.
Just add his and DKs normal voices ffs Sak. I want SHOWTIME

It could have been good if they just let you choose your fucking character.

to make you buy the 3ds version

You obviously don't have any friends IRL.

To be fair, Bowser still retains a lot of his old moveset from Melee/Brawl in spite of the changes. Same thing with Pit.

Ganondorf did receive a lot of changes in Brawl already, he just kept him based on Falcon. Because unfortunately that's how he roles, he'll change a characters' moveset around a bit but he's never going to fully gut out their entire design and replace it with something else IE what Capcom did with Roll from MVC2 to TVC, or Jill from MVC2 to MVC3.

Falco and Roy, for example, received a lot of changes from their Melee designs over the years but their core concept is still the same: being based on Fox and Marth. Likewise with Pit, he has new moves from Uprising but he still has the same fighting style from Brawl, using his bow which splits into blades.

Unfortunately, Ganondorf's core concept is being based on Falcon, so the only way to undo it all is go back and time and tell Sakurai to hold out on including Ganon in Melee.

>play amy video with real friends
>they are shit and can't put up any challenge

FUCK I JUST WANT TO NOT AUTO WIN

All smash run needed was the ability to run into other players on the map

Or make a separate Ganon character.

Wasn't possible because of the 3DS hardware.

sourcegaming.info/2015/07/04/english-smash4-project-proposal-slides/

>Smash Bros is a - BOARD GAME
>PLAY AT ONCE!

It does have crossplatform play though

>tfw you liked Subspace Emissary
I mean, it wasn't perfect but the characters actually meeting up and fighting against other franchises bosses like Ridley was a neat idea.
They should've done a new Adventure mode for Sm4sh at least, if I wanted to play a board game I could be playing Mario Party instead.

me too

I especially enjoyed playing it with various brawl gameplay mods on harder difficulties.

Because the CPU gangs up on the player
If there's no player they can't progress

hackurai said this was his ideal for smash bros, just le wacky random rng on boards with no events

we've fallen far since 64 and melee

>You'll notice you can no longer play CLASSIC MODE! We are introducing SICK MODE!

Hackurai said in the Iwata Asks rip, or Nintendo Direct, or whatever it was, that Smash is obviously a very good deal because it has lots of content
That makes more and more sense as time goes on, that it's just corporate greed, sloth, and pride in video game form

It was cool, and their reasoning for not doing another one was because of the leaked footage from the story. Boo-fucking-hoo! I guess by that logic that they shouldn't make any more video games either because they're bound to be leaked in some form or variety. I just can't get over that.

it hurt his feelings that he made this sweeping story only for everyone to spoil it in advance.

Leakers ruin video games again.

>>can't choose which of your fighters to use
>>all players are always involved in fights instead of just the ones that run into each other
>>the winner is decided entirely in the final free for all making everything else almost meaningless

It's meant to be a random chaotic Mario Party mash-up, not a different paint of Tournament Mode.

It would have been better if it were slower paced and had more interaction on the board.

So is every smash game from now on going to have some really fucking awful waste of space shit added on for the illusion of "content?"

>lets not make space emmissary to focus on space emmissary despite the good reception
>but lets make SMASH TOUR

yes

Idiot developers ruin games. What the consumer does is predictable. Crackers will crack, hackers will hack, leakers will leak, and players will actually buy the game.

Because they had the retarded idea of split the game into two versions despite everyone obviously waiting for the console release.

>Short loop songs because 3DS limitations
>No Ice Climbers because 3DS limitations
>Less unique stages because had to be split between 3DS and WiiU
>Shitty classic mode because 3DS had to have something.
>3DS got Smash Run so Smash Tour had to be the shitty replacement.
>lots of wasted development time because focusing on 3DS.

It was a huge mistake specially now that the 3DS online of it is a barren wasteland.

>Implying smash players wouldn't have bitched if Ganondorf's moveset would have been changed due to having to re-learn him.

Either way Sakurai loses. It's NOT a rewarding job.

what? that made sense

>Because they had the retarded idea of split the game into two versions despite everyone obviously waiting for the console release.

From a business POV, they profited from it, so it was logically sound for financial reasons. That and 3DS only owners who weren't going to get a Wii U no matter what, who still wanted to play Smash.

>That and 3DS only owners who weren't going to get a Wii U no matter what

They would have gotten it. Sm4sh on 3DS was one of the biggest nails in WiiU's coffin.

i really liked the 3ds exclusive more than this POS.

I was really hoping for a actual story mode since it was fun co-oping with a friend on brawl.