DISCUSS

mynintendonews.com/2016/09/29/ubisoft-ceo-says-the-nx-will-put-nintendo-back-in-the-race/
DISCUSS

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-16-ubisoft-on-wii-u-the-machine-can-have-a-great-success
youtu.be/lEndx2LG5aM
youtube.com/watch?v=emxAxEpxWKs
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-26-nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers
techtimes.com/amp/articles/165992/20160620/the-nintendo-nx-sure-is-receiving-a-lot-of-support-for-a-console-most-know-nearly-nothing-about.htm?client=safari
youtube.com/watch?v=Nn-5dLva5gg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Ubisoft
I'll need more than just their opinion, friend.
I'm a Nintendo fan but I still cannot assume anything with as little info as we have.

Can't wait until it's nothing like this garbage and people shut the fuck up

This is the same thing everyone was saying about the WiiU before it came out.
>Ubisoft

Ubisoft is the least trustworthy company in the industry.
Ubisoft's ceo telling me everything will be alright puts me immediately on edge.

>"""Ubisoft"""

You can delete your thread now OP

>and in THIS corner.....

how much more gimicky can they get
while every other platform tries to rely on the quality of games , nintendo pulls this shit out and goes for another zelda and mario

That was back when Nintendo was on top with the Wii, so it was natural to think the Wii U would continue that trend. This is coming from a post Wii U Ubisoft though, so maybe there's some truth to their claims

delet this

Is that a PSP with a MK8 wallpaper?

but why user isn't that what you wanted?

its the the Wii cubed?

Wii^3?

Its just wii + wii u.....

>chinese phone

>out

won't happen, Nintendo is GOAT

at worst the memes will only get worse from here on out

>won't happen, Nintendo is GOAT

L O L

eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-16-ubisoft-on-wii-u-the-machine-can-have-a-great-success

Since this is now a Ubisoft thread, what did they do to hurt you Cred Forums?

Was it Watch Dogs
Was it the movies
Was it the lack of good gaemz
Was it their pursuit of appeasing SJWs?

Who do you think will be the next developer to be universally hated? These things have tended to go in a 3 year cycle since the start of the last gen. First it was activision blizzard, then EA, currently it is Ubisoft, who do you think it will be cool to hate this time next year?

but only the best!

It's because I hate French people.

is there a similar phone that's not as ugly and cheaplooking?

fucking this
youtu.be/lEndx2LG5aM

Really it looks like a joke. I'll probably buy the NX when my ps4 dies though.

uPlay

I heard it might not be mandatory anymore but it left such a sour taste in my mouth that I no longer want to play anything by Ubisoft ever again.

The NX is a working sex robot that renders all VR obsolete. Calling it now.

what is this? nothing comes up on image search.

Probably the fact that it's probably the company that has the most undeserved success.

They're basically the epitome of the modern AAA industry that lives on marketing and fabricated hype alone.

Holy fuck. The crazy thing is I can believe this is real as well, because I have visited Europe during the migrant crisis of the last two years and saw hundreds of people flooding into a small coastal town.

The world is a crazy place in 2016

the Xiaoling X43

Ubisoft was the only dev that truly supported the Wii U
Two Ass Creeds, splinter cell, watch dogs, just dance, rayman...

They did all they could, given how picky nintendo fans are and the mediocre hardware.
They are ok in my book now

can it actually run cemu or is that just a picture

>Xiaoling X43

Where do I get this bad boy desu

Stop posting these fucking stupid mock-ups that have detachable controllers. It's not going to have detachable controllers.

i made it up

What the fuck do you think?

Aww bro man u got me :/

Chinese phone that had the game streamed to it through the computer. Vid of it was posted a few days ago with the dude playing it.

I've seen this concept too many times

Besides taking the controls apart, how is this different than the Wii U?

The little screen isn't used while in console mode.

Here's the real leaked NX

Anyone else think it would be amazing if the NX was a phone? And it could snap into a gamepad that came with it, and could play mobile games from the app store aswell as cartridges?

>with the exploding mobile market you think the top handheld makers would create a phone that could play their lineup.

>I am looking at you sony, WTF you conglomerate POS

That this one is actually portable? Duh.

This is basically "Wii U done right: the console".

I'd honestly be happy with it. The Vita is the best portable gaming hardware available.

who needs functionality??

woah hey faggots let's not impersonate me ok.

actually they're right I made it up.

This.

Its not going to put Nintendo back in the anything unless they forgo some retarded gimmick and just make a gamebox.

>watching a zebra mating video
>male pulls his huge equine dong out of the female and a literal flood of cum erupts from her pussy
I understand now.

>college dorm
Holy shit, what shitty luck it is to be that guy that had to room with the fucker.

Assassin's Creed.

At least they're the first AAA company I can think of which decided to take a hiatus on their yearly franchise

>notable omissions
>retarded unnecessary share button
>no split dpad is somehow a bad thing
whoever made this is retarded, these are good things

Who is this?

>gimmicks
I DONT CARE

Huh, wasn't Ubisoft the company that not that long ago pulled all of their Nintendo support and said they won't get behind Nintendo platforms again.

Quite the 180. I wonder if that means NX is good. Although it might just mean it's good to normies and will sell because of mobile shit and what not.

>nintendo handhelds
>having decent screens

As a PS4 owner I will switch over only if they have 3rd party support and better graphics , I like their 1st party stuff but I'm not buying a console just for that.

Rebecca Ford from DE, warframes dev

Can Nintendo just fucking reveal the NX so these shitty rumors and "super legit sources" can die?

I know, I just wanted to see someone say it

ANOTHER DANCE FLOOOOR

I'm going to point out ubisoft was pushing super hard for the wiiu too, and dropped support for it almost immediately when weather looked unfavorable.
Fact is they just want to sell casual games and need a platform to do it.

I wonder if Ubisoft gets paid to shill new consoles? They seem to do it each time a new one is announced.

If the NX runs U4 it will have at the very least Jap dev support which would be enough for me desu

I know these designs are pretty bullshit but will nintendo ever make anything that doesn't hurt your hands after a couple minutes of use? Looking at Op's pic almost gives me carpal tunnel, and after the 3DS' awful square design already crippled my fingers. Can we get something fucking ergonomic for once?

youtube.com/watch?v=emxAxEpxWKs

it would save shitendo if it unrolled like a scroll or some shit, with different size options
otherwise, no

>while every other platform tries to rely on the quality of games
Xbox has no quality games
Sony only has Uncharted
PC is just early access shit

LOL

She's also an equine mating video connoisseur.

What would happen if Nintendo actually did just make a completely normal controller?

I think the worst offender is the wiimote itself. It had some unreachable buttons when held vertically and it just was an anti-ergonomic abomination when held horizontally.
They basically ditched any concept of ergonomy from their controller just for that marketable granny-friendly tv remote form factor.

But gameplay is number 1 for Nintendo, right nintendrone faggots?

They did that.
It was great.

>i'm a mongoloid nintendofaggot who only plays nintendo games and doesn't know anything outside of them LOL

>lazily copying microshit's controler
But they swapped the thumbstick and face buttons so it's totally different :^)

>It had some unreachable buttons when held vertically
the + and - buttons?

lmao small handed faggot

nice counter argument, you sure showed me other companies have great titles :^))

Actually every button except A is very ankwardly placed and unconfortable to reach properly.
Get the fuck outta here, that shit was garbage.

Won't happen, they sell shit controllers bundled into the system so you have to buy the real ones at $60 a pop.

What counter argument do you need? Just pull your head out your fucking ass.

>Michael Ancel hyping up Beyond Good and Evil 2
>Ubisoft hyping up NX
>Game gets announced for NX as an exclusive but months after the console's release it'll be delayed for other systems

I think it meant 1 and 2

You say that as if that's going to make it any less of a piece of shit. Detachable controllers, non-detachable controllers, whatever. It's gonna be shit. It's gonna be fucking shit.

This is a well thought out, well articulated post, that presents a valuable opinion and contributes to a healthy discussion.

It's also very on topic.

>detachable controller sides

Literally what the blue fuck is the point of this when you can't take the screen with you?

>ubisoft
The same ubisoft that were so excited about Wii U then ported its exclusive title to other consoles?

I think the concept is that you can place the screen on some stand so you and your friend can play some multiplayer game with the two detachable controllers.

>implying the microshit controller isn't just a lazy copy of a GCN controller layout

Maybe its for people who don't want to play the home console with a second screen.

>Ubisoft lets delay the Wii U exclusive to get it onto xbox one first

Yeah I don't trust them

>asymmetric sticks
Stop this meme. Please.

Except for the part where the Wii was declining after 2009-2010

Read the disclaimer you fucking retards. "The only goal is to create a design that focuses on ergonomics and a robust feature set. This merely represents how i might designs the NX"

IT'S NOT REAL.

The thing is supposed to connect to the TV so i guess its a way to have a separate controller for cheap instead of packing somehting like the Pro controller

nah dude, my sources say it's 100% real

>CIRCLE PADS

Who ever invented these need to be beheaded. Absolutely fucking grenades disgusting input device.

I know you fucking retarded, shit eating Nintendrones love ANYTHING Nintendo does, but you CANNOT defend fucking circle pads.

Might as well be controlling your character/camera by grabbing someone's dick and pushing it against a touch screen.

what does the amiibo button do?

They basically will be a couple of yet another cheap antiergonomic pieces of shit Nintendo controllers. We all know this.

>I cant actually refute this guys clamis so i will calm him a retard

Heres your (You)

it orders amiibos for the current game you're playing. kind of like those amazon one-touch buttons

>No IR pointer
It's shit.

siphons out 12 dollars from your bank account and orders you an amiibo

Remember that time Ubisoft was the #1 3rd party backer of the Wii U and when they didn't do shit to advertise their launch game and it sold like shit (zombiU) they backpedaled like a motherfucker and blamed nintendo in the process?

>symmetrical sticks

Remember the time Nintendo launched an unappealing horrid console that nobody could give a fuck about and every single third party company (even EA with their fucking annual Fifa games) had to run away from that infective disgusting turd?

Ideally they'll drop that shit in favor of modern tracking technology.

like god intended
hower they're in the wrong position

>lmao ubishit declaration

>ROLF nintendo catching-up technology wise

>Vita Hardware
>Nintendo software

Literally an unstoppable force

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to defend the Wii U either. But Ubisoft's shit at the time was entirely their fault and part of the reason why some 3rd parties were scared off. Nobody disagreed with this when it was happening and nothing has changed that fact. The point I'm trying to make here is that they are not to be trusted and no ninty fans starving for 3rd party support should hold them to their word.

Back meaning farther behind of course.

The thing I hate the most about this is it looks uncomfortable to play for long periods. I bought a N3dsXL and that shit hurt my fucking hands. Even after i bought a shitty gel grip they still hurt if I play for more than a few hours/week.

yeah, agreed controllers are hard to get right, before xbox masterrace

Ever heard of the Nintendo Playstation? Only one left in the world.

Nintendo hasn't come up with anything better yet, so I don't really have my hopes up.

>arbitrarily placed cartridge port
>shitty amiibo "a" printed on the controller it self

Thank god they did it. Legends' gimmick was a huge mistake and the game still suffers even though they added a button for it.

That'd actually be pretty interesting; having Amazon connectivity to get a peripheral ordered to your house.

They could just make like microsoft and buy their way into it, they have the money after all, but I think nintendo is the worst for actual hardware development considering they always do everything themselves and aren't really willing to spend that much on R&D, while companies like microsoft dump 100 million into just the controller for the xbone.

According to the Eurogamer rumors, you can take the thing with you and you dock the controller into a dock so you can play on your TV>

I will never not be angry at all those Wii U ports not even fucking trying to make a better version of their games, so much shit with content removed at full fucking price.

Human Revolution tried not being shit but then they got forced to port it anyway

Gee I wonder why people didn't want the Wii U when it had such GREAT PORTS

eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-26-nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers

Why do all these mockups use the circle pad? Please don't tell me people actually want that garbage on a console controller.

There's probably a reason they scrapped the idea from the early WiiU pad designs.

The CONSOLE race?

bird up

THE EUROGAMER RUMOR ISN'T FUCKING REAL, IT'S NOT A HANDHELD SHUT UP YOU RETARDS, IT'S HOME CONSOLE

ITS BOTH ITS A FAMILY OF DEVICES LIKE THE IPOD/IPHONE/IPAD

ipod iphone and ipads are all mobile devices.

What makes you think that?

So, besides outright denial, give me a reason why I SHOULDN'T trust Eurogamer's NX leak?

Keep in mind many other people have also reported the same thing AND Eurogamer leaked the PS4 Pro

How big would it have to be before you wouldn't consider it "portable".

DESU I don't want to carry around anything too much larger than a 3DSXL.

Apple TV

Depends on how powerful you want it to be. If it's around Vita's power than it will still conform to the standard handheld size.

Are you for seriously bro? Nothing the same.

it's a stationary device that use the same soc and os of the mobiles

Dream scenario is Vita/XL size with a dock that lets games render at 1080P for the big screen.

That'd probably be a pain to develop for though.

Then you can stretch it to PSTV and Vita then

what is a pstv and should I get one

>portable
wtf that aint gonna fit inside my pocket

yes a nintendo vita/vitatv is what the nx looks to be

>arbitrary cartridge placement
>arbitrary
Why do people use words they don't know the meaning of?

I assume he means obligatory.

screen less vita with hdmi port they are pretty cheap

Its a mini console that plays vita games in your tv.

>3.5mm audio (save the courage for Link)

I assume he's a twat trying to smart, which is why he bothered to describe the charging port as "nondescript." What the fuck is he expecting, a prose passage?

Reposting

>NX is the console handheld hybrid, meaning you can actually play console games on this go this time for real

>Not the Wii U

>A lot more third parties are positive towards it compared to Wii U with just Ubisoft

Source: techtimes.com/amp/articles/165992/20160620/the-nintendo-nx-sure-is-receiving-a-lot-of-support-for-a-console-most-know-nearly-nothing-about.htm?client=safari

>Not the Wii U

>All of Nintendo's franchises on one machine including big hitters like an actual console Pokemon game

>NOT THE WII U

why? they know about selling to normies like you.

>make a shit game full of glitches
>delay wii u version cuz reasons
>Nintendo fans find out it's a shit game during the months (plural) it was delayed
>somehow, it's OUR fault
Also, the Wii U version of rayman outsold most other versions. kys, beeyotch

Why the fuck would it have both a charging port and a charging dock? If it has a charge port, the dock is entirely redundant.

It's not the Wii U, it has console games like... Zelda... And Mario... And.... Zelda...

didn't they say the same about wii u and then dropped it hard?

but where he placed it is arbitrary, as in it's based on his own personal whim

he doesn't actually know where the cartridge slot would be placed, or if it will even have a cartridge slot

>Ciel

Worst girl

A dock that increases your GPU means another GPU inside the dock. Probably even another CPU too with a fan since the mobile one can't have fan.

Seriously the dock idea is stupid and expensive. Much more cheaper to just make a console counterpart. And anyway all the confirmed games on NX are console games.

Granted, that is a good argument, but if it were really arbitrary, it would be like on the screen, or jutting out of the side.

>Seriously the dock idea is stupid and expensive. Much more cheaper to just make a console counterpart. And anyway all the confirmed games on NX are console games.
why people are incapable of understand this

Wasn't the wiiu supposed to do that?

It's a gimmick that only suffers on systems the gimmick wasn't made for, it was fine on the Wii U

>Wasn't the wiiu supposed to do that?
Yes them Nintendo is left behind again one year late by the x86 twins

>breaking the flow of the game is fine
No.

>as in it's based on his own personal whim
No, it's based on where Nintendo usually places the cartridge slot.

How about a dock that acts as a stand-alone console but when paired with the handheld, allows for more power and the ability to put out 4K resolution?

>Ubisoft

Like SLI/Crossfire that works i guess

There's no reason to pair with a weak handheld CPU. Even more so that the handheld CPU doesn't even have a fan. Again it's cheaper to just have a dedicated console.

I just hope that it's either something unambiguously good or unambiguously bad so I can finally decide whether or not to drop Ninty for good.

Either PS5 tier or Ouya tier.

It's hard enough to split processing load across 2 threads, you want to split it across 2 difference processors on 2 different pieces of hardware and you are out of your god damn mind.

>Either PS5
Why would that be unambiguously good?

>I just hope that it's either something unambiguously good or unambiguously bad
Worst part about consoles is you'll never realize or admit that it's unambiguously bad until the very end of it's lifespan.

You can at least get bad vibes from it at the beginning. Like the Wii U.

You better ask the Wii U.

Yeah, but vibes can be misleading, especially when a controller gets as stupid as the wiiu's.

I like the design in OP if the screen is touch and functions as an android/iOS clone.

The cart port should have back compatibility with DS/3DS.

Also
>colored xyab buttons

the playstation phone maybe

it has a nice UI admit it

> Monster Hunter NX

youtube.com/watch?v=Nn-5dLva5gg

does it have the official google play store?

I sure fucking hope so

Nintendo is sleeping on a. Gold mine

They just got to introduce the NX correctly and kill off both 3DS and Wii U

So is Kirbopher and Rita-chan still popular outside this site?

I don't even know how a handheld/console hybrid would work.

It would either be the most overpriced, bulky, power-draining handheld. Or an underpowered console.

I'm pretty sure someone from Ubisoft said the same thing about the Wii U

>a machine that will be easy to use for all gamers
>will give us chance to really have a different experience from what exists today
>push gaming forward.
>Just Dance NX

you will wish it was a NX but hey iPhones can be found affordable used

It's running on android, the fuck do you think?

*Rina-chan

Or monstrously expensive, which is something nintendo would probably never do for a console.
But I would never put it past them to go the bulky and underpowered route.

What are the chances of Persona 5 being released on the NX?

most ching chong shit doesn't have it even if it still run on android faggot

Won't happen, nintendo has fucked up almost all of their third party relations.

They have a bunch of SMT and Persona spinoffs on the 3DS.

At most it'll have the inevitable Persona 3/4 remake.

Now Ubisoft just needs to make a game to put themselves back in the race

Those are effectively exclusives made under specific contracts, nintendo doesn't settle for multiplats and most developers aren't willing to port games for nintendo consoles because of their bullshit architecture.

>ArtsyOmni

Fuck that guy, I'm still salty over Rayman

>It's a "Ubisoft will make one new IP that really isn't that great of a game like ZombiU then drop all support when it doesn't sell big numbers" episode

It Dougs

Circle pads were meant to keep the portfolio-like 3DS design available and have sticks at the same time.
If the NX drops the Dual Screen gimmick, they can kiss those bye bye and adopt sticks like the vita has. At least I hope they do.

Well, history shows that Nintendo consoles post N64 all had BC for the previous hardware's software and, here's the clincher, controllers. How else could the next Nintendo console incorporate the Wii U gamepad while simultaneously making a new, unique controller? Really makes you fire those neurons, huh?

The handheld/stationary console hybrid IS happening, Wiimote functionality would be a plus.

I fucking hope so user

Or have the clamshell cover in the middle, leaving the buttons/sticks exposed.

Bulky underpowered

Again they will rely on the fact that it's both a handheld and console with all Dev teams on one machine

It's not about exclusives. Nintendo consoles do not get third party titles like Witcher 3 or GTAV etc because they go for gimmicks.

I virtually cannot imagine WiiU being the only gaming device of anyone.

Holy shit, this guy looks fucking nuts!

If post ends in 7 NX revealed next week.

Atlus, Sega, and Nintendo all love each other you retard

MHNX will probably be launch window in Japan, Holiday 2017 in US