PS4 Pro is 'future-proof'

What does Sony mean by 'future-proof'?

bbc.com/news/technology-37302956

it wont work in 2 years

They're trying desperately to reassure the people who already bought PS4's that they won't try to shaft them into buying a new version a third time if they'll just buy the PS4 Pro.

Is 25fps at 3k future proof?

they mean future-poof

This.

"People are pissed about the PS4 Pro upgrade, and are saying they are going to wait for the PS4 Pro+ in 2 years? Oh no the goyim! Tell them we will Never Ever release a newer console again to trick them into buying this one!"

Yea, instead they'll release the PS5

Needs a "Never obsolete" sticker

This was supposed to be #4theplayers Sony bros, what the h*ck happened?

Especially because this is an 'upgrade'. They've been pretty bloody careful about not actually promising that it'll do much of anything.

Sony needs 4k to catch on and become the TV standard for reasons totally unrelated to gaming and this is just another avenue of attack.

PC gaming is flirting with 4k, but I'm hoping the trend to 144hz monitors wins out.

>mfw I didn't bought a ps4

Unlimited processing power just like the Cell.

They said the same shit for PS3 and look what happened with it. At this point I'm guessing by 'future-proof' they mean 'it will still power on years after it's been replaced'

bullet-proof
>stop bullets
>>no bullets

futur-proof
>stop future
>>no future

>it will still power on years after it's been replaced
Don't count too much on this, consoles are usually cheaping on electronic parts to save money.

>tfw Sony hates you now

It means it's unaffected by modern technology.

DJ ESCO MOE CITY THE COOLEST DJ ON THE MOTHAFUCKIN PLANET

>Sony needs 4k to catch on and become the TV standard for reasons totally unrelated to gaming and this is just another avenue of attack.
It ain't gonna happen. For fucks sake, 99% of TV isn't even in 1080p yet, it's still 1080i. 4K is not fucking happening.

>3K

>tfw 576i still for local channels

if sony came out and promised 1080p60fps instead of 4k, I would literally buy one day 1. but 4k bullshit at 25-30fps does not sound good at all.

>quoting a blog outlet whose literally named bbc
fuck off c u c k

Normies don't knows fps. They just like the 4k buzzword as they know it means bigger.

It was beta tested in the future

I tend to agree. Everything will cost more to produce in 4k and everything not 4k will look like arse displayed on 4k screens.

That's besides the fact that 4k video also looks creepy as fuck. It's like the uncanny valley. My mind knows I'm seeing more detail than I ought to at the (apparent) distance.

4k is the wrong direction for any type of media to move towards.

>My mind knows I'm seeing more detail than I ought to at the (apparent) distance.

That makes no sense. How could a TV with a fixed resolution have more apparent detail than the real world? Are you sure your TV isn't applying a sharpen filter or something?

Naw, I ain't spending $500 CAD on that shit nigga. I don't care how many muppets are shilling articles for Sony.

>my pc is already more powerful than a ps4 pro
>am planning on upgrading within the next 6 months
It means sony has no fucking clue how technology trends work.

Soccer moms don't buy PC for gaming.

it means they want to delay an actual PS5 to 2020, cause they know they can't compete with Microsoft anymore

Problem is some people do, and as far as they/we are concerned the ps4pro is already outdated.

>That's besides the fact that 4k video also looks creepy as fuck. It's like the uncanny valley. My mind knows I'm seeing more detail than I ought to at the (apparent) distance

I think what they mean by this is that they'all constantly put out new 'Pros.' Over time.

Forgot pic

The coolest dj in the world

4k makes perfect sense for gaming because it helps break through the uncanny valley, especially in relation to shimmer and the jaggies on things like wires and textures at distances, but LOD starts becoming a real issue considering you'll need to be able to see at 4x the distance to keep everything equivalent to what you could see at maximum draw distance in 1080.

Massive increase in costs to make 4k look good.

Moore's law, within 3 years it'll just be the standard and it'll cost the same as any modern gaming computer.

You will need Pro to use PSVR. Sony knows this, it's the reason the Pro exists, and the fact they're still not getting the word out there will end up creating the 'games industry incomprehensibly bad PR incident' of the month if not year.

People are going to buy PSVR and try to use it with their old PS4, and it will not work. Wait and see.

Moores Law died down a while ago dude. If not we'd all be running 1440p at 144Hz right now.

moores law has failed, back around 2011. our processor manufacturing process has hit a pretty bad plateau that will take major scientific breakthroughs to go past, and so in the mean-time we've started just multiplying cores. HOWEVER, even that quickly failed, due to limitations inherent to the software side (80% load on CPU1, 20% on CPU2, 0% on any others). finally there are now new APIs in the works to fix this, Vulkan and DX12, but we're still waiting for them to really come down in any meaningful way, through game engine implementation.

Moores law is still going, you have to keep in mind 144 fps at 1440 was an impossibility on a computer 3 years ago, and now is the de-facto monster gaming machine standard. But there will always be people running toasters and dated shit. You also have to recognize that 2 years ago 4GB in a GPU was a borderline impossible (hence the 3.5 debacle) and now we're up to 8GB minimum standard, that's been the biggest opponent to resolution increases.

>sony is trying THIS HARD to take some of the PC gamer demographic away

lmao

>the simpons were right

Why would you lie so much?

He's not lying, he's making an assumption that, given Sony's track record with lying about the capabilities of their hardware, is pretty reasonable.

it means they wont make you buy another playstation until playstation 5 in 2018

>the move was designed to future-proof the PlayStation 4.
That's completely different from saying "the PS4 Pro is future proof". They're saying they want the PS4 brand to keep going indefinitely. Basically, expect more upgraded PS4s in the future.

It means it is immune to adapting to the future.

>4k is the wrong direction for any type of media to move towards.
God you are a fucking retard. I have 2 1080s and I play on 4k right now but just because you are a poorfag we should have stayed at 480p forever? Resolution is a huge upgrade but holy fuck the amount of misinformation there is.

It's not even real 4k it's just shitty checkerboard rendering using predictive frames to give an illusion of 4k.

I don't give a fuck about that shit I just want some console games that don't have a 5 foot draw distance.

It works anyway because all the fault will fall on TVs, then it'll develop into something good for sony:
>PS4Pro is so amazing normal TVs can't handle it.
They'll sell that idea.

by future proof they mean they ps5 will be out in 3-4 years and that the ps5 pro will be out in 6. so in other words fuck you is what they meant.

If you have no idea what you are talking about then don't say shit like "4k is too real for my eyes" and shit lmao. Obviously the ps4 is not a native 4k device but that doesn't mean we won't get there eventually. I can assure you we will be past that in 10 years and it's not a bad idea to push towards 8k.

Nice quotes you filthy nigger. These consoles don't play shit natively in 1080 so what in fuck is the point in having empty as fuck 4k games you sonygger?

Ps4 pro is 2 layers

1st layer activated at launch

2nd layer will boot up when scorpio comes out,

Its dual 4.2 terraflop gpus and 2 clusters of 8 jaguar cores

they will run in synergy and catch microsoft by surprise.

what happens at the 100th layer?

I'll take 144 fps over 4k any day of the week.

4k is massive, unjustified jump in resolution without games that are actually being designed to take advantage of it. How do those shitty LOD limitations look when you've quadrupled your resolution? I bet the pop in looks really sick in 4k since you're still getting gimped console draw distances.

also...
> I have 2 1080s
With the current sorry state of SLI, we all know who the real fucking retard is here.

You've bought into a bullshit meme. We've had high resolution gaming around for years and years. With the modern hardware available we ought to be starting to press for games with less of the obnoxious bullshit we started accepting in order to make games look better. Big sprawling worlds, connected interiors and exteriors. More complexity of systems than "Take cover, shoot, and Interact".

Instead you'll suck that sony cock to play in a 4k shoe box.

It means it's safe from getting games in the future.

>3k
>PS4P

If consoles are moving towards mobile-style releases, why don't they have mobile-style payment plans? What if XBLG and PS+ gave you a discount on upgraded consoles? The longer you're a member the more credit you get towards your next upgrade.

how big of a discount per year of being a member

Why would I buy a pro when my computer basically is a ps4pro (rx 480)

Not sure, maybe charge $400 for each upgrade retail and take off $25 for each year of subscription up to 3 or 4 years and another $25 for proof of ownership of the previous console.

i got 12 years subbed to gold. iv earned a free one.

The human eye can't see more than a million pixels anyway.

Won't happen, consoles already sell at a loss.
Maybe if something like for every game you bought it contributed $5 to the purchase of your next console.

Then game prices would go up.

Sorry, not sure if you're a consolefag or a child, but we've had resolutions at or above 1080p for almost 20 years.

4k is a marketing gimmick. I'd still rather have one of Samsung or NEC's thin form factor CRT monitors than any of the 4k bullshit coming out today. We wouldn't even be using 1080p as the standard if they hadn't literally stopped making CRT monitors and then any monitor with a lower native resolution.

it looks like shit

Probably, but the same problem applies to any application of this system, and realistically neither microsoft, sony, nor nintendo needs an excuse to blast the price of games or subscriptions in the ass, sony already did it, nobody has any say in the matter and they know it.

you mean 45fps at 1.5k

it has no future

in the future we won't be able to see past 20 FPS because our eyes are going to be so shit from watching scaled up "4K" "games"

Dunno but I'm buying on for FFXV Pro mode

Now that the SLim and Pro are coming out how much you think stores are gonna try to sell the originals for?
Maybe a Black Friday sale to push out old inventory.

Should be dirt cheap for boxing day.

Its the last console they are making

It won't live to see the future

Isn't it a slim model?

"These idiots are so blinded by loyalty they will buy anything! Let's fucking barely increase the graphics to what they already should've been at 3 years ago, and then sell the console again for the same price!"

-Sony execs

Okay, but why would they release the VR headset a month before the Pro comes out?

sony is trying and SONY WILL WIN!

NICE ASS

They mean that Playstation's about to go the way of E-Machines.

>pkeks delusional
>nothing new

Stay irrelevant with your irrelevant obsolete 'pee sea' pkeks

>forcing a meme
Enjoy your ban, rule breaker.

You get concieved son.

What is it? Can't handle facts?

>being so buttmad you are forced to report
>"BAWWW BAWWW MR.MOD PLEASE BAN THIS SONYGGHURRRR BAAWWA MAWAWW MAMAAAA"

>Future proof
Until PC hardware is so far ahead they have no choice but to make the PS5. PC hardware is already more powerful even more-so by the time it actually launchs.

i dont think this thing with get 1080p60fps

It means games will be designed to run on this fucking piece of shit for the next 5-8 years, so dont worry about all the tech advances and buy one for you and your kids already goy!

It's a doorstop now and it will be a doorstop in the future.

It's proof the Playstation has no future.

They're just going to release the PS4 Pro plus 2 years after this one and advertise that it finally does native 4k/30 fps.

My PC is already significantly stronger than the pro and it isn't even out yet.

It means Sony is going to be stuck in the past and shielded from the glorious future and sonyggers can masturbate over the ps2 forever.

So can we expect this generation to last 10 years just like the last? Thats what its looking like now.

It means they're going to release the PS5 in a year and your Ps4pro will be the best ps4 that ever was.

Kill yourself

The same thing it means with all their other marketing
>pls buy

>a human that actually exists typed this out, did the verification and posted this

But he's right you fucking Sonigger

If they kept making PS2 games, I'd keep buying them.

Tfw you knew this was gonna happen so you waited instead of wasting your money.

it means it doesn't have future xD

according to the shills at Digital Foundry it looks pretty close to native 4k

if you buy a PS4 Pro it will literally last you FOREVER
Sony is literally the leader of innovative techonology