So it turns out 3-way SLI is dead, at least for pascal...

So it turns out 3-way SLI is dead, at least for pascal. You can do artificial benchmarks and probably use them for some non-gaming applications but gaming is probably no longer supported. I mean, no one will miss it really, 3-way and 4-way SLI are garbage and a waste of money due to the microstuttering, but it's still weird that some games won't even load properly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TCCEBfoUUPU
youtube.com/watch?v=5ESqcS-CDTU
imgur.com/a/zOoA2#50
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=TCCEBfoUUPU
Forgot video.

And?

>people are still retarded enough to doe multi-gpu outside of the highest end cards available

Do you people lack brains? What the fuck is wrong with you.

>something no one but absolute gibbering retards did, and offered no real benefit at all doesn't work anymore

... well fuck me

Past 2 you fuck up ventilation anyway.

mang, on most boards just one will forever fuck ventilation.

>So it turns out 3-way SLI is dead
You could argue any form of SLI/XF is dead. Hardly any game devs support it.

It's just funny that nvidia doesn't advertise SLI at all anymore, even to the point of removing it from lower-end cards, while AMD was heavily marketing 480 crossfire and the new DX12 card scaling features (which haven't been implemented in a single game yet as far as I know.)

The best part is crossfire is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Unless they made it so the memory is cumulative.

you're at the whim developers to even support in their games as well as having a good profile. sli had a good run but it was forced out by lazy devs.

>not gaming in 8k with 4-way SLI Titan X Pascals

youtube.com/watch?v=5ESqcS-CDTU

>B-but muh 2x480's beat 1080!

>he fell for the mid-ATX case meme

Nowhere near as bad as covering up one gpu's intake fan with another gpu.
One of my 460s used to push 110c in the summer.

Yeah, I had an SLI build but I realized it was pointless since devs usually add support in a patch months down the line, if at all, so unless you mess around in Nvidia Inspector playing games at maximum performance on release is impossible.

I'm using a full-tower, thanks.
Big mistake, so much space wasted and the ventilation is terrible, going mini-itx next

>40 fps
oh wow it's shit

What would even be the point of driving your electric bills that high, generating that much heat, and putting that much weight on your MB? What game could possibly be so fun that you just have to play it with a setup this retarded?

Can someone explain to me why multi-gpu support is so bad after so many years to the point of them just outright dropping it?

diminishing returns

this

Two cards = like 1.2x than single only that also depend on the games, wasting power consumption and high temp
Also, this

Far right looks objectively the best.

Well, at one point that WAS the highest end card.

I want to go mini but I can't imagine how you'd fit a decent GPU in there.

I'm using an ATX-Mid case right now and its a pain in the ass finding anything that fits.

>hardly does
>is noticeably smoother

That's a retarded example.

But regardless it looks very similar to the one beside it.

what the fuck are you even going to use all those graphics for

The games will run at the best settings with one card, most of the time. With SLI, especially when the game has been optimized for a certain publisher. Crossfire and SLI are responses to a lack of power, not an answer to how to make a game run better.

SLI and Crossfire have always been massive gimmicks that only people with way less brains than money partook in.

I already found a case and did the math, I just have to remove the removable hdd bay which is fine because I can still use the optical disk bay and some brackets. Should be able to fit 2 gpus no problem, my biggest concern is where I'm going to put the liquid reservoir and pump.

This is a phenomenally stupid image. If you add more triangles to the exact same model, of course it won't get that much better. But you can use those extra triangles to add modeled textures, more details, etc.

Dx12 is supposed to do that but devs haven't implemented it yet, it'll be a few years before that happens.

Not always, there was a good span around 2008-2012 where you could get more performance than a top tier card for two cards of less than half the value each, I did it with 2x 460s as opposed to a 480 and it legitimately worked for the longest time, it just ran hot as FUCK.

What an incoherent mess of a post this is. Embarrassing.

Which case?

Also, they have pump+res combos to save a lot of space.

yea so instead of 1 60k triangle object you can have 10 6k triangle objects. How did you not get the image?

literally all the fans intakes on this image except the last one are blocked this pic is a fucking nuclear weapon

>I want to go mini but I can't imagine how you'd fit a decent GPU in there.

I don't know what case you're talking about. I did a mini-ITX build in an NCASE with a full size GPU and watercooling. Got a 5tb drive and the pump under the graphics card. Reservoir goes on the outside mounted to the back of the case where a fan might go.

1 2 and 3 are good 4 is fucking stupid looking.

>a model made by someone spamming subdivide to prove some meme point looks bad

Really makes you think. You could literally post a picture with 4 quads on it claiming they were differing amounts of polygons and it'd be the same shit. Of course 60k doesn't look better than 6k if you aren't doing anything with those polys, it's like those tesselated road blocks in Crysis 2.

Bitfenix prodigy M
Even with a combo set I don't know where I'll fit it. Bottom is taken up by harddrives, top for the radiator, and front by the psu, at best if I remove the optical bay I'll have space but then I need to come up with room for intake fans, I hate the idea of using a back fan for intake already but it seems like I won't have a choice.

Now show the picture in 4k with shaders applied to it and lets see who pretends not to notice a difference.

The lengths you SLI supporters will go through to shout people down. Pathetic.

Polygon counts have nothing to do with SLI. I think people who use SLI are retarded, but I think people who want us to stick with PS2 graphics while probably simultaneously complaining that graphics haven't improved since Crysis (which they have, by the way) are the most retarded of all.

>SLI died because diminishing returns
>hurr durr diminishing returns don't real muh polys

user the individual models are at 150x200, and I can still tell the difference, so don't give me this "diminishing returns" bullshit because if someone is actually going to take the time to utilize all 60000 polygons it'll look much better than one at 6000, especially the higher resolutions get, especially when more layers of subsurface scattering are applied, especially when shaders are optimized for it.

>110c in the summer

Mount a reservoir to the outside of the back of the case. I got pic related which is the smallest pump I could find. Once I put the water block on my GPU, I had enough clearance to fit this thing under it. Of course, your case has a flipped motherboard so putting the waterblock on your GPU will give you space for ??? more radiator ???

Which is why we need multiple GPUs to power a game with that ludicrously many polygons to justify such a negligible increase in graphical fidelity, right? Jesus man, how about focusing on making a game actually look aesthetically good instead for once?

No, SLI died because it never worked right.

>inverted

Gay as fuck, no wonder it has to be a squat little dwarf with a center of gravity that far up.

But get this
It did it for 3 summers in a row, on a daily basis hitting 110c
And its currently my physx card
Gotta give it to nvidia on build quality for this fucker.

There's lots of games that look aestetically good.
Ever play ori and the blind forest?
Fantastic game, looks stellar.
But guess what, most 3d games have zero focus on art style, or have a cheap cop-out for art style, and for those games I'd rather just fuck it and run them at 4k maxed out so they atleast look acceptable and don't ruin my immersion with jaggies and terrible things like LOD.

60k isn't "ludicrous"... That's less than an average player model. And trust me, you don't want a 6k poly player model in 2016. Nathan Drake's model in Uncharted 1 is 25k and it looks like absolute shit.

There's not always payoffs if you make a game aesthetically pleasing instead of a hi-poly nightmare. How about we make good games.

I wonder how much space it actually has under the processor, there's no specs on that, it would really help, but either way I don't want to mount a reservoir on the externally, that would be tacky, if I'm lucky I'll be able to find a thin one that I can mount as a harddrive or something.
I don't really have any preference on that, I just like how the bitfenix prodigy looks, but they have different models, the normal one, which only has 2 external slits for the video card, making sli impossible, and this one, which has 5 but is inverted.

>How about we make good games.
Post 2009? Good luck, it'll never sell. Even ni no kuni was just a port of a ds game.

I'm convinced, this Titan X BBC edition is going in the trash.

>How about we make good games.
People want shit like Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us. Good games are gone, and normies killed them.

>I don't want to mount a reservoir on the externally, that would be tacky

I never see mine. People generally like watching it bubble anyway if I'm at a lan party. Also the back of my computer is a fucking hentai monster. That always looks worse than having a reservoir back there.

You can always nix the second HDD and just get an m.2 stick. Then you'll have room for everything probably.

Thanks user, I appreciate the advice, got a picture of the reservoir from the back?

Master/Slave isn't good for Real Time shit since the Slave's work has to be finished by the Master anyways.

Check out the gallery here for non-shit phone pictures.
imgur.com/a/zOoA2#50

Thank you so much user.

Some games don't even use 2-way SLI properly, the whole thing was a dumb fucking meme from the start

no, it really doesnt

It's not just microstuttering but also the increased input lag and the lack of proper mobo bridge support.

wat

Forget any combination of cards, even a regular modern gaming PC setup can TECHNICALLY destroy consoles in terms of specs but nobody will ever go out of their way to optimize their games for it.

You buy expensive and fast hardware for a platform developers won't take the time to optimize for because it's so time consuming. Nobody wins.

I wish I never built a fucking gaming PC nothing but shitty indies and watered down console ports.

Well, those are your options friend, you can either get indie games and watered down console ports, buy a console and play the same watered down console ports with shittier graphics, or not play video games ever again.