6th gen was the last good gen. Prove me wrong

6th gen was the last good gen. Prove me wrong.

7th gen is good

i can't

>Prove me wrong
I can't.
You're right.

I can't
Press x for a cutscene aren't gaymes

those games existed before 7th gen

The last gen where every console had just the right amount of creativity to be interesting in their own way. Except maybe the Xbox OG, but even then it has more creative charm than the 360 and Xbone.

I agree, everything went to shit after that
>rise in popularity of brown and blur shooters
>rise in popularity of cover-based shooting
>rise in popularity of *souls

Last "great" gen.

7 was pretty good.

8 is pretty terrible. The Wii U has the most good games. The fucking Wii U.

>that feel when pc master race
>that feel when still in the 1st generation
>that feel when the only difference between now and a decade ago is console devs are abandoning ship and porting to pc
>don't play any of that shit because console games suck ass, but that fucking feel when I'm finally getting tekken

More like 6th gen was the last great gen
also this

Cool dawg.

Most of the best games of all time are console exclusives tho.

The industry's inflation and collapse into degeneracy immediately following the 6th gen is the fault of the Ps2 and its dvd player. 7th gen started great but Ps2 opened the floodgates for big-name vultures to swoop in and pick clean the bones of the industry thanks to casuals. We felt the effect of that at the tail end of the 7th gen all the way up to right now.

Prove me wrong.

consoles are shit

Nah, everything worthwhile is ps2/wii and back, all of which can be emulated.

PS1 did it before. And the SNES. And the NES. But here's the difference: unlike the Wii, all these platforms had rock solid libraries along the shovelware.

>everything worthwhile is ps2/wii and back

This is correct.

>all of which can be emulated

Yeah but I liked playing those games when they were new. Not so keen on waiting 10 years for emulation to get good.

Ching chong panty quest doesn't count

shit, i can never count the DC as 5th or 6th gen

it was born during late 5th and died earth 6th

can we just not classify it and just say it was a good system that died due to "birth defects" aka sega fucking it up before it was born with the 32X, Saturn and other bad decisions?

wii had the same amount of good games as the gamecube

dreamcast is a 6th gen console, always has always will be

Emulation

How would you expect me to prove an objective fact as wrong?

And the Gamecube had jackshit.

7 wasn't bad, but if you were into videogames, you could see the cracks starting and turning into impassible roads by 8th gen

agreed, ps2 brought in too many casuals but it was obviously a smart business move on sonys part

it had metroid prime

Ps2 had the biggest sales spike in the industry up until the Wii though, and even the Wii failed to beat it out.

Ps2's sales numbers showed a larger consumer base than ever before in the videogame industry but an unusually low install base across almost all of its games EXCEPT for sports games and the most popular of AAA titles, for some of which the installbase would have jumped into the millions. Those figures alone are evidence that the "new" gamer crowd sucking down garbage and ruining the industry right now came in on the coattails of the Ps2, which was bought en masse largely due to its dvd capacity.

Why, did they age like shit?
Obviously they did, they're console games designed for quick mass market appeal.
But regardless of which SOTC still looks infinitely better at 4k with 16x AA and 16x AF.

I swear I ask this as a legitimate question and not bait, but what makes emulation difficult? Isn't previous console generations' hardware like a toaster compared to today's PCs?

Dreamcast was before the rest dude. Those 3 have their own gen basically.

don't think so gen z, try again.

the wrong kid died though

Dreamcast was more of the PS1 and N64 era. No-one bought a Dreamcast anyways because they knew it was better to wait for the PS2.

not an argument.

nah man, it came out 1 year before the PS2, it didn't have any rivals for it. neither did PS2 then, in that regard since the GC and XB hit in 2001.

i just feel bad for the Saturn. surprise fucking launch announced at E3 that year, when print mag was the only way we got info. decent sega 1st party games, but no sonic saturn game at launch or at all even when it was teased to hit as late as 1998.

too bad a lot of games are stupid rare for it. i managed to get panzer dragoon saga last weekend at my flea market, but it was just disc 3 and 4. i can't do anything but stare at the fucking title screen because no one is selling individual discs on ebay for 1 and 2.

Cool. I'm not into waiting 10 years to play the newest games. If you are that's cool I guess.

It's 99% architecture, pc standardized it's architecture to x86 in the 80s and moved to x64 (which is effectively just an extension of the same architecture) in the late 90s, early 00s.
Meanwhile every console has insanely different architecture, especially when they're trying to squeeze out every last shred of processing power with bullshit like "the power of the cell."
What you are emulating is the architecture and the environment, most of the time the results are catastrophic at first until workarounds can be made.
Ps2 emulation is beyond perfect now, but even 3-4 years ago it would take a top-level gaming computer with equivalent to 100x the specs of a ps2 just to get a stable framerate.

nah man, DC had a huge marketing campaign. people bought it, mostly sega fans. but we knew the PS2 was gonna be out in a year, its just that we didn't know it was gonna die THAT fast.

i stuck with it until it died in 2002, also buying PS2 stuff until i got a GC in 2003 for other multiplayer shit.

>too late to call it a 5th gen console
>too early to call it a 6th gen console

so what the fuck is it then? imo just call it a 6th gen console and stop making shit more complicated than it already is

Emulation is difficult because the console needs to be reverse engineered by hobbyists.

it had a successful launch, it was actually selling well but sega was bleeding money out the ass and couldnt afford to support it

The fuck is a TiVo?

Netflix before netflix, kid

I'm no amerifat, bud.

These poor Zeds...

7th gen had Uncharted, RDR and Demon Souls(just some of the best games). It also had one of the best controllers of all time, the 360 controller. You just got proven wrong.

the ps2 was in the same gen as the n64. the ps3 was in the same gen as the xbox360. your picture makes no sense

>the ps2 was in the same gen as the n64
nigger what

The argument is that 7th gen established and normalized the bullshit we deal with today. Always Online shenanigans, cut game content disguised as Day 1 DLC, Season Passes, P2W Cash Shops in full priced games, etc. The list goes on. Publishers grew insanely greedy and gamers allowed themselves to be fucked in the ass for it. Social Media became a game in itself, shilled to (and played by) the lowest common denominator. Backwards Compatibility was just lost on the side of the road somewhere and we've allowed companies to sell decades old games to us again and again and again.

7th Gen killed gaming, pissed on the corpse, and sold its urine soaked body back to us in pieces.

all i care about is games and 7th gen still had a lot of good games.

Name 42069 games before 7th gen that do that

just name 3 good games

Just call it 5th. Nobody bought one when the PS2, Xbawks, ad GameCube came out.

too bad no one does