I'm about to play this bullshit, I played gears twice through a long time ago and liked that...

I'm about to play this bullshit, I played gears twice through a long time ago and liked that, will this game make me a communist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FR_-v6BXFLk
youtube.com/watch?v=H4hryHF3kTw
betweenlifeandgames.com/analyses/history-xenogears-xenosaga-part-1-xenogears/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunihiko_Tanaka
youtube.com/watch?v=JrBk3oZ2jc0
youtube.com/watch?v=5j6Og8Q9WH4
youtube.com/watch?v=sADb1Wcn6_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Xenosaga 1 and 2 are the worst jrpg's in existence.

>that card battle minigame
>that mech battle minigame
>a battle system that works
I liked it, 2 was a slog I never finished because someone stole my pay while I was at my cousins for a weekend

i've already waited an hour for the six gigabyte iso to finish illegally downloading halfway and i don't want to trust this meme post

Xenosaga is like the dregs are the bottom of Gears' ideas barrel. It's pretty fucking shit. Just play Xenoblade next. It's pretty much the best game in that whole meta-series.

Enjoy your game with a fantastic plot, amazing well written characters, and I promise you won't cringe anytime someone speaks! :)

i played the first five hours of xenoblade and i guess it was really good, but the actual quality of the game went over my head because i was receiving a very different sort of atmosphere from it than gears, and eventually i dropped it.

i think the game would have been better w/o a xeno title

Xenosaga was mediocre when it came out and it only got worse with time. Xenosaga 2 was shit when it came out and it only got worse with time. I never played 3.

Just play Xenoblade Chronicles.

I fucking hated this game but I finished it anyways because there weren't a lot of JRPG's on PS2 at the time

Fucking Gundam mech faggot fanservice, pedo masturbation fuel, and some pretentious Neitzche references to try to make the shallow anime bullshit seem deeper than it really is. Too many factions and in-universe terminology to have to learn, but it's all dumped on you without any exposition during the opening hours of the game while you struggle to make any sense of it.

Fucking garbage, but I still played it. I don't know why. I hate this game

jesus christ there was a third? I would have been better off not knowing that.

Download the undub. There's a version on ISOZone that expands it over 3 discs and works well.

>Download the undub.

Why don't you go back to Cred Forums and masturbate to your hentais

you Japanese-loving idiots are cancer

Get fucked faggot

I just played the trilogy in the last month OP

1 and 2 are really rough around the edges, but 3 is great and worth playing 1 and 2 for.

I consider it the weakest of the xeno games since Namco JFMSUed it but if you have the time to play it go for it

>that card battle minigame
>that mech battle minigame
?

Those are in Gears, not in Xenosaga

What the fuck am I reading?
Xenosaga has one of the best stories in JRPGs, shame it wasn't released in 7 episodes like it was originally planned so some parts were a bit rushed.

Gameplay is great unlike fucking Xenogears. That whole game was a slugfest, I have no idea why is that game so much praised.

Anyone who likes Gears but hates Saga is undoubtedly a retarded fucking idiot who just spews what he hears from others.

Apparently it was better than any of the previous ones, weirdly enough. I'd love to try it out but my autism is stopping me from going to it without beating the second one first.

Xenosaga 1 had a card and mech battle game in the umn plates you could play

>Xenosaga has one of the best stories in JRPGs

It's a convoluted mess

>Those are in Gears, not in Xenosaga
clearly you've never played Xenosaga fully.

Why can't I remember that?
I remember poker but that barely took any time to get all the rewards

Xenosaga's story, while good, is nothing compared to gears. Mainly because shion is a far worse MC than Fei

lol go fuck yourself

I 100%d the trilogy, probably invested more time than your dumb ass did

Not remembering a card game doesn't mean I haven't played the game

I never said you didn't play the game. But don't tell me to fuck myself when you make a claim that Xenosaga had no mech combat and card mini games when they in fact did.

It was originally meant to be called Monado: Beginning of the World. The name was changed in honor of Takahashi more than anything else. With that being said, the parallels to the older games do show up, just much later in the story.

You know the saddest part? It's probably the closest thing to an actually good game in the series - but you have to slog through the first two to know what the fuck is going on.

Xenosaga 1 and 2 are shit. 3 is pretty good but suffers from Namco fucking with it so a lot of stuff is rushed

t. Huge xeno fan whose played all the games and emulated xs trilogy 2 months ago

Also Wilhelm did nothing wrong why the Fuck was the party trying to stop him. Also why is shion such a Bitch

just started Xenogears and it's amazing.
But who the fuck thought a sand submarine operated by a dolphin human was a good idea?

A sand submarine makes no fucking sense.

Well I checked them on youtube and I can safely say that's the first time I'm seeing it.

I can't believe I missed something like that, I even checked the guides on my later playthroughs to see if I got everything.

Were there any unique rewards tied to those minigames?

Also my bad, I was 100% sure I knew everything about this game.
I'm kinda glad, was thinking of replaying anyway

Only a retarded queer who played XS the gen after it came out thinks this.

The games are fucking awful movies.

You're not even at the best parts yet. When you reach Thames the game goes into overdrive

More like why are these iso such a pain in the ass to acquire

Franz was a pimp

Big files xenosaga is the first game is emulated on pc since I got off my ass and finally got a new pc after 8 years

Xenoblade Chronicles = Xenogears > Xenosaga 3 > Xenosaga 1 > Xenoblade Chronicles X = Xenosaga 2

I enjoyed playing all of them regardless

You seriously appreciate the annoying as fuck slugfest that is Xenogears?
Story is interesting (but falls apart in the last 3rd) and that's it.
Everything else about it is absolutely horrible.

Gameplay is atrocious, text is sluggish hell, menu during certain events (protect Shevat) is horrible, combat is shit.

Look man, just cause you were some weeb shitter who bought everything you could find in the PS2 library with anime on the cover, doesn't meant the rest of us were. The first two XS games are utter shit.

as long as it doesn't get anymore retarded than Gear with eye patch steering sand submarine like a regular pirate ship.

Giant robots are cool but that was just too much.

i love a game that can combine two things i love, waifus and celtic christian folk songs

>The first two XS games are utter shit.

Wait a minute, and Gears wasn't? Have you fucking tried speeding up the text in that game? How did that go?

Saga has no annoying little faults, everything is fluid. Even 2 is a great game with maybe slightly annoying combat

Xenogears is a bad game, but it had all the potential of being a good one. Had Squaresoft properly scoped out the project, it would have been a masterpiece. Unfortunately, the dev team ran into major scheduling issues and disc 2 happened. With Xenosaga, Takahashi and co. had every opportunity to learn from their mistakes, but they didn't - and ended up making a significantly worse game to boot.

The game literally has dialogue making fun of Bart for dressing up the gear to match himself and how unnecessary that form of steering is.

It's one of the best JRPGs series, certainly on the PS2. The second game is often more hated than the rest but they all have similar strengths and flaws.

It's a bit of an acquired taste for sure and the slow pace and somewhat weird battle system may turn people off even more than the convoluted plot. A loss for you if you can't enjoy it imo.

I'm not in love with Xenogears like it was the pinnacle of gaming (I especially hated disc 2) but if you liked it like me there's a good chance you'll like Xenosaga, at least the first game.

Xenogears even as a half finished mess is still more interesting than any FF game outside of Tactics. I agree that Takahashi is an absolute fucking hack, though. He is like the pinnacle of an "ideas guy" who can't manage his ideas to save his goddamned life.

Monolith Soft as a company is some pretty weird shit, really. It's like they're only capable of focusing on one aspect of a game at a time, so you end up with:
Xenogears: story with rushed everything else
Xenosaga: cutscenes, only cutscenes
Baten Kaitos: combat, fuck everything else
Xenoblade/X: xbox hueg w orld, fuck everything else

baten kaitos 1/2 are easily the best games they've made though, and it's a shame they landed on such a garbage console

Meet the Sess.

Xenoblade X > Xenogears = xenoblade > XS 3 > XS1 > XS2

the gameplay in XCX is too good to pass up

I liked all 3 too, I think 2 gets more shit than it deserves

>falls apart in the last 3rd

nigga what? That's the best part. Did you just not understand it or something?

Genuinely triggered

>these entire posts

I can't take anyone that rates Xenogears highly seriously. The game is fundamentally flawed on almost every level.

>XCX
>gameplay being whats good
nigga
what
that is the clunkiest shit i have ever experienced in my entire life
world was amazing though

Eh, the first disc was alright.

Now the second disc, that's a different story.

the combat in XCX is one of the best in any jRPG I've ever played. How do you suppose it's clunky?

The Xeno series may be unpolished and lack attention to details but they are grand in scope and give you the outline of an epic story in a mesmerizing world with interesting characters, and let you fill in the blanks. Despite their incompleteness it's not like they had game breaking bugs or are at any point completely incoherent.

Bottom line is, if you want your JRPG to be a perfect little marble where the focus is on cleaning every corner and leaving no questions unanswered these are clearly not the games to go for.

>original series was supposed to be 6 games
>became 3 instead
>style changed throughout series in a sad attempt to gain a following
>cutscene length that puts MGS4 to shame
>boring empty worlds
>shit battle system
>unlikeable characters
>nothing to fucking do
>shit soundtrack

you tell me. What a waste of gamestop funbux.

>shit soundtrack
come on now

>X is shit! SHITTT!!!!

yeah okay whatever

you sound like you know whats up, i'll follow your advice

>Xenogears even as a half finished mess is still more interesting than any FF game outside of Tactics
More interesting maybe, but far less fun and playable. FF5 is 6 years older than Gears but manages to be 10 times more fun.

>and it's a shame they landed on such a garbage console
Oh come on, the GC had lots of good games. We wouldn't have gotten stuff like Prime, Melee, and RE4 without it.

He's wrong or misguided on nearly everything else he mentioned but the music in xenosaga is indeed shit. Most classic example of hiring a big name orchestra, just to say you could, and then writing the safest blandest music for it.

>We wouldn't have gotten stuff like Prime, Melee, and RE4 without it.
And Pikmen, Chibi Robo, F-Zero GX, and Viewtiful Joe.

Can't even imagine the kind of worthless weeb you'd have to be to ignore every good game on the GC for two forgotten jrpgs.

are they the biggest tech wizards in the industry?

2nd disc is better since it has a lower amount of awful dungeons.

I don't find any of Squaresoft's RPGs enjoyable from a gameplay perspective because I got bored of that combat when I was playing early Wizardry games. I end up judging them based on things in the story that actually stand out, and Xenogears established some seriously unique themes, especially for a console game in that era.

Maybe it's because I'm an old kermudgeonly piece of shit, but 99% of the combat in any of those old JRPGs always boils down to basically ignorable random/field encounters where you mash X on Attack or your strongest move, then standard buff>heal>repeat boss fights that never terribly force my brain to wake up. FF5 is no different, it was just more exploitable in a number of different ways that you could make your characters overpowered, further trivializing the content of the game and making it even less engaging.

baten kaitos 1/2 is the perfect counterpoint to that in the sense that the combat is fundamentally built around forcing you to pay attention, with even normal fights capable of killing you off in no time if you play badly
if the combat isn't built like that, it may as well just be menial drudgework to get to more story as far as im concerned

if Xenogears, Suikoden II, and Valkyrie Profile aren't in your top 10 list of JRPGs, you have horrible fucking taste and should immediately drink cyanide

Idk, they came out of Square in it's prime and they did do some pretty cool stuff in gears technologically speaking like the attack on Kislev scene and the destruction of Solaris.
But I haven't played any of their other games.
I plan on playing their titles in release order so Xenosaga episode I is next for me.

Xenogears is one, Legend of Legaia is another.

But Valkyrie Profile is the only good game you listed.

at least mention Chrono Trigger

You know I went back and played Legaia recently, game aged fucking terribly and really felt awful to get through.
However, I decided to try Legaia 2 as well, and it's waaaay better than it ever got any credit for. Tons of side content/minigames, improved combat, well-paced story progression, just an overall solid JRPG.

>Maybe it's because I'm an old kermudgeonly piece of shit, but 99% of the combat in any of those old JRPGs always boils down to basically ignorable random/field encounters where you mash X on Attack or your strongest move, then standard buff>heal>repeat boss fights that never terribly force my brain to wake up.
The effectiveness of those kinds of mechanics varies game to game, but if you don't like them at all, you should steer clear of the genre in general. Playing JRPGs for the plot is pretty dumb since you have to put up with anywhere from 30 to 60+ hours of gameplay to experience it.

>FF5 is no different, it was just more exploitable in a number of different ways that you could make your characters overpowered, further trivializing the content of the game and making it even less engaging.
...another thing you don't play them for is challenge. Okay, maybe not, but I like the amount of control over every aspect of your party that you have in FF5. The replay value is also fantastic.

I haven't played Suikoden II, but the other two wouldn't even be in my top 20.

>Playing JRPGs for the plot is pretty dumb since you have to put up with anywhere from 30 to 60+ hours of gameplay to experience it.

snes/ps1 emulation have been around a long time, and the braindead combat becomes a few seconds at most when confronted with the almighty frameskip/fast-forward function

XS3 has a great OST

How many of you in this thread was born after 1991? Jesus Christ

Why do you claim to enjoy gameplay if there's no challenge to speak of?
Do you really find enjoyment in pressing the X/A confirm button followed by short attack animations and then watching your numbers go up? Because as far as I can tell, there is little else to keep your attention if the enemies pose little to no threat to you as a player.

post yfw heinlein reveals himself to be wilhelm and youtube.com/watch?v=FR_-v6BXFLk plays

That's gonna shave off like 5-10 hours max. It's still a pretty heavy time investment regardless - especially if you do side quests and bonus content.

Still more fun than any wrpg

Yeah, I do. The gameplay lies in knowing what menu function to utilize and at what time.

Turn-based strategy games (and I mean in general, not just JRPGs) require no mechanical skills or reflexes whatsoever. Does that mean they have no gameplay?

Three is super legit, though. Best overall OST, good mech system, combat is much better overall, upgrade tree isn't weird as shit, and they satisfactorily wrap up almost every single plot point. The series overall is a bit of a mess, I'll admit, but that's what happens when the greedy fucks at the top fire the whole damn team between each game for not hitting sales targets.

>tfw we will never know what goes on at lost jerusalem after the ending

obviously bridges into xenogears opening but nothing in between

All three of them are pretty good, 2 and 3 moreso than 1 though. Yuji Kajiura is a goddess among composers.
youtube.com/watch?v=H4hryHF3kTw

SRPGs and legitimate strategy games have the element of positioning, which in itself adds such a huge amount of depth in comparison to "traditional turn-based" that it forces you to use significantly more logic/brainpower
to me, that's what makes a "turn-based" game fun

SRPGs are somewhere around checkers and quite fun
FF combat is simon says slowed down by 1/5th
even most small children would get bored of that very quickly

I thought 1 was bland as fuck, I don't know how mitsuda did so good on XG but was boring in XSI

If every Xenosaga game was as well-made as 3, it would easily be my favorite JRPG series.
It's astounding how much shit they fixed, and kind of sad knowing how few people gave it a chance, not that I blame them after the abomination that was Xenosaga 2.

Well, from my understanding, there was supposed to be 5 games that got cut down into the three we got, with Xenogears coming after that ending, then a 6th game that would serve as a sequel to the events of that title. Sadly, the games never hit their sales quotas and Bandai's director at the time was somewhat impatient.

>xenogears comming after that ending

nope, the ending of XS and XG are 10000+ years apart

If they ever do get around to that remake, I hope they just rebuild the games completely with the combat and art style of 3. It would fix the two biggest issues of the series to me(stylistic inconsistencies and messy, bloated combat)

>even most small children would get bored of that very quickly
If that were true, then Pokemon - a series with an even more dumbed down version of those mechanics - wouldn't be massive. Lots of people like this kind of gameplay. It's fun when you just wanna chill out and aren't in the mood for complicated strategy games or twitchy action games.

Has a game ever gone into greater detail about Christianity that wasn't a vegitales tier or bible game?

mitsuda in his prime loved to experiment with instruments and had a lot of variance in his sources of inspiration. it was very much world music.

After the xenogears/chrono cross era, something fucking happened to him and he just started making tamer, more normalized contemporary/classical stuff. It's not bad, but it's not even close to as fitting for a video game world as his original style.

Just went and checked wikipedia, and yeah, you're right. Must have just been a fan theory I read some time ago, then.

I fucking hated the battles in pokemon red/blue when I was a kid, I was just hooked on the collection aspect of it. Collection taps into the gambling/impulsive part of people's brains, and for most kids it's one of their first experiences with that kind of thing. There's a reason those fucking cards sold like they were cardboard crack.

takahashi will never work with namco bandai again

XG has a very slight chance of a remake at most

Well if you count the shit with Abel (not XS abel) to be part of XG and not just Fei then you're not really wrong.

I don't think anyone would defend Pokemon's combat as good. You don't play those games for the combat.

pokemon's combat is fun if you do it smogon style, otherwise it's garbo.

Some of what happened can be found here:

>betweenlifeandgames.com/analyses/history-xenogears-xenosaga-part-1-xenogears/

To any of you who can understand Japanese and played this, is it better than the original games?

Yeah, wishful thinking I know, but to me, at least, that's the version the fans deserve, and the version that would most likely engage and excite a new generation.

havn't played it but I hear it adds some stuff like Sakura dying to keep albedo away from U-DO but he tells jr. he killed her

LOOK AT THIS PHOTO OF GRAHF! EVERY TIME I DO IT MAKES ME LAUGH

I haven't heard many people complain about it. What I have heard complaints about, on the other hand, is dumb shit like natures and EVs, which introduce a bunch of RNG-driven stat diversity for no good reason. It's almost as pointless as the Zodiac system in FFT.

Having not played it I can guarantee it's a better way to get through 2.

I'd imagine it'd be kind of a bummer to miss out on all the big budget theatrical stuff of the first game. There were one or two scenes were actually really good in XS1.

NIce. Definitely putting that on the reading list.

When you were playing pokemon, you didn't talk to your friends about the combat, because there wasn't shit to talk about. You talked about all the little bastards you caught, and then you tried to trick the kid nobody liked into deleting his save file in order to catch Mew.

That article is great until part 4 where the guy gets all ass-blasted about Xenoblade's popularity.

mfw my friend showed me Glitch City for the first time

A lot of people were assblasted about the the game, the most vocal being the Tales fan since operation rainfall didn't get Graces ported over here.

No. I loved this series though. Played it through a couple of years back. Story is kinda long winded at points, but I enjoyed it. It was actually supposed to be 7 games long, but sales kind of lagged so they only got 3.

People will say 2 is bad, but I absolutely loved 2's battle system. Its a bit long winded sure, but there is something satisfying about stringing together 20+ attacks on a boss after buffing up.

tales fans are shit just like the games they love
tales games are like the shonen manga of jrpgs

The fuck is wrong with Jerry Seinfeld's face?

>refuse to use jr. in any of the 3 games because I hate his design
>he's always one of the best and pretty much mandatory on a couple of bosses in XSI and you can't switch between characters in XSI

fucking hell. At least my boy Ziggy gets better with each iteration

This. I can't stand those fucking faggots that won't play games without jap voices. The dub in this isn't even that bad.

I love how Xenoblade is the only game from the Rainfall trilogy that maintained any modicum of relevance. People made all this ruckus over The Last Story and Pandora's Tower only to forget about them five minutes after they both came out.

The music in III is GOAT as fuck.

>The next xeno game will be the first one to feature themes like XG and XS since then

nintendo needs to hurry the fuck up and reveal the NX

The battle system in xeno3 is tits though. Also the samurai nigga was bretty cool

Lip synching issues aside, I actually think the voice acting in XS1 is alright. Most of the faults in performance lie with the shitty characterization more than anything else. I fucking HATED the slice of life scenes in XS1. Dear god those were cringey.

Getting actual new rpgs was pretty great because they actually had a chance of being good unlike another tails game.

It was good but you can tell the game was ment to be in 6 parts. Albedo makes the game for me

GOD IS DEAD GOD IS DEAD.

That and KOS-MOS and T-ELOS. Plus you do get to kill a pope

This guy knows whats up. Only thing I have issue with is

>good mech combat

No, its still shit. It is the best mech combat has been in the series though I will give it that, but it basically boils down to regular turn based battles. Why did they take the breaking mechanic out? It makes it boring. Every time a mech combat segment came up I was looking forward to getting back on foot again.

both Xenoblade games have the same themes as Gears and Saga.
It's always the bible but with robots and the demiurge.

>It's always the bible but with robots and the demiurge.

none of this is in blade, demiurge isn't in saga either unless you count Zarathustra sort of

>The next xeno game will be the first one to feature themes like XG and XS since then
I haven't played XenoX yet, but the Blade's slightly more narrow scope in plot allowed for way better pacing and more opportunities for exploring the world. I really don't wanna go back to the plot dumps of Gears and Saga after playing that game. It was too much fun.

Yeah, you're right, but 3 produced the most aesthetically interesting mechs, and the combat finally stopped being just actively terrible, so I considered that a noticeable improvement, enough so to regard it as good.

No other game does what XG and XS tried to do. What Xenoblade gave us was closer to what every other rpg gives us.

Personally I don't like seeing the same thing over and over again but that's a pretty unorthodox opinion.

Only bad thing about mech combat in 3 was the end game bosses having too much health and evade

The protagonist is used goods so if you're thinking about making a "she doesn't experience her first time until later or after the events of the game" headcannon virgin waifu out of her, note that she canonically slept with someone years prior to the start of the first game.

Xs2 designs give me cancer

XS3 is the only non-potato design of the bunch - and it's the only game where's Shion's not a complete shitter for a good chunk of the game.

I'd rather have a game that plays well and feels well rather than be some weird experimental shit that's targeted at some niche audience.

X3 they got the designs perfect. I didn't mind X1's designs, but 2's went way too "realistic". That and they replaced like half the voice actors in 2. I hate that shit.

3 and Xenoblade are the only Xeno games they didn't get Kunihiko Tanaka to do the character designs for

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunihiko_Tanaka

XS3's English cast was fantastic. Whoever voiced Yuriev was especially good.

Oh, and 2. Misread that he was actually the illustrator for the game, not the designer

>none of this is in blade
Zanza is the Demiurge, thinks he's the one true god but isn't.
Meyneth is Sophia.
Alvis is based on the Monad and the Monado is that piece of the original god passed down to every single offspring. Hence why Meyneth says every being has a Monado.

In the gnostic version Sophia is the one who makes the snake give the fruit of knowledge to humans. Demiurge gets pissed and kills humans and Sophia eventually falls from grace because of her actions and is bound to the material world.
This version of Sophia is also given the name Achamoth.

Machina share their knowledge with the giants and high entia on Bionis, they advance and Zanza gets pissed and kills them all. The remnants of that shared knowledge still exist in form of the highly advanced city Alcamoth.

On top of that Demiurge is also known as Yaldaboath (Egils Mechon) Saklas (Arglas) and Samael (Shulk).
Demiurge is also associated with Saturn which is the planet that's always visible in the background when there's a Shulk space scene.
Demiurge is also one of 7 "archons" and they are all represented by planets. 4 of which are actually the ones in the space area in Xenoblade, and according to game data there are actually 3 planets that where cut from this area.
All the 7 party members are based on those archons and the characteristics they are associated with.
Shulk is Demiurge also known as Forethought
Reyn is Lordship, Fiora is Deity
Dunban is Kingship, Sharla is Wisdom
Melia is Envy and Riki is Wealth.

Shulk is also literally Jesus and that's why he comes back after death as an equal to Zanza

There is a shit ton more but you get the idea.
It just took everything literal and turned the bible into a shonen anime.

They actually got a lot of the voice actors that worked on the cast of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex to do some voices in these games, Motoko's VA (Mary Elizabeth McGlynn) is even a voice option for fem Cross in XCX

Zanza is the Demiurge, thinks he's the one true god but isn't.
what? how is he using God's power in anyway? He is nothing like Demiurge

>Meyneth is Sophia.
I'm not even sure how you got to this conclusion

>Alvis is based on the Monad and the Monado is that piece of the original god passed down to every single offspring. Hence why Meyneth says every being has a Monado.

not related to previous xeno

youtube.com/watch?v=JrBk3oZ2jc0

Xenosaga has a worse ending that ME3

Xenogears = Xenoblade X = Xenosaga >>> Xenoblade

A shame they didn't release the whole soundtrack. They left out some pretty good tracks.

Was there lesbians in Xenosaga? I like lesbians in my JRPGs

I really hope X gets expanded on, it's got some great world building. Could rival gears if they go deep into it

shion is pretty homo for kos mos

>Elma's mim is chocolate with white hair as a reference to T-elos
can't believe it took me till now to realize this.

I just realized a few days ago that some of the weapons in XCX pays a bit of homage to weapons or abilities used by characters in previous Xeno games.

Photon Saber = Shulk and probably Dunban
Longsword = Citan Uzuki, Dunban and Jin Uzuki
Psycho Launchers = Fiora, Fei Fong Wong Citan Uzuki, Rico and Shion Uzuki (Some of the arts associated with this are some kind of crazy psychokinesis kung fu)
Gatling Gun = KOS-MOS
Dual Guns = Billy Lee Black
Dual Blades = Fiora
Sniper Rifle = Sharla

Anyone I missed?

Takahashi knows how to ruse

Shield = Reyn
being a useless annoying mascot = Chu-Chu

Raygun, is the only missing one

This isn't the fun thread full of kos-mos love I thought it would be at all.

who else /Jr+KOS-MOS+chaos/ master race here?
that team carried me through all three games.
And I remember XS2 was shit, although turning the magical girl loli into an archer was okay.

oh fug

There were other characters?

Oh wait, ziggy

Jr was my favorite character, but I pretty much swapped people around constantly when I played.

>not Ziggy/MOMO/Kosmos or Jin

SMFH at you Senpai

Rearrange the name Elma to Male and replace the L with an R because the letter L doesn't exist in the Japanese vocabulary giving you Mare. Some you might want to pronounce that as Mary as in Mary Magdelene which now gives Elma and even stronger connection to Kos-Mos.

>Elma is savior in German
>KOSMOS/telos are mary magdelene
>beginning of XCX is the reverse image of the ending of XSIII

are we in for Takahashi's wild ride version 3.0?

Pretty much why I'm aprehensive about this stuff.

Really tempted to just skip to 3 but I'd miss a metric fuckload of story. On the other hand I heard the Episode 1 is so fucking big because it's like 90% cutscenes.

I'm sick of tiny rpg plots with a single bad guy who's revealed halfway through (Who usually has a beard and you see them coming from a mile away). I want some infodumps.

I got Xenosaga when I was 13, and I only asked for it so I could put Shion and Momo in their swimsuits and creep out on their bare feet. It was a good game in that regard.

There's nothing better than going to fight some big ass boss, with everyone dressed for the beach.

1 was ok but 2 is not worth playing just watch a youtube movie of it

they are all the same sizes

don't tell me you're not downloading disc 2 of xenosaga 2/3

There was that time when there was a big boss battle ON the beach.

youtube.com/watch?v=5j6Og8Q9WH4

Saga 3 has 2 discs IIRC while 1 is crammed into a giant DVD.

Infodumps are boring as shit, though.

saga 2 and 3 are two discs

The games aren't that long. Like 30 hours each.

i would say 30, 20, 30 without side stuff

Xenosaga 1 is amazing and was the closest rpg to Xenogears we ever got.
Get ready for robot racism, robophilia, human-robot "cannibalism", Albedo, KOSMOS, massive amounts of lore, Jesus, Satan, Jin "NOT-CITAN" Uzuki, etc

Anyone who doesnt like Xenosaga should contemplate suicide. Same for the faggots who "I skipped Xenosaga 2 cuz I heard its bad" because fuck you, it's a trilogy and you havent finished it unless you played it.

Yes this is what was desired

XS1 is ok at best, the closest we get to gears is saga 3

it's a shame episodes 3-7 got crammed into 3, it's obvious omega metemspsychosis was meant to be a final boss

>Elma's mim is chocolate with white hair as a reference to T-elos

Thats the dumbest post I read all day.
Just because Elma is brown and has white hair doesnt mean she is a reference to T-Elos. Theres a shitton of character who look the same and are not references.

>tfw Xenoblade fags actually think that game has anything to do with Xenogears/Xenosaga

My god, I can't deal with this shit.
Gears/Saga happens in a universe where real life Earth existed. Meanwhile Blade happens in a universe where people literally lived on the body of two giant lifeforms.
How fucking dense you gotta be to believe the two series are connected

youtube.com/watch?v=sADb1Wcn6_A

uh did you play blade?

I agree that blade and gears/saga arn't related though