I heard a new patch just came out for FFXIV. Is it any good? Is it worth re-subbing now?

I heard a new patch just came out for FFXIV. Is it any good? Is it worth re-subbing now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zqJRnD5HuZw
youtube.com/watch?v=Mdzoqgeg05g
youtube.com/watch?v=-T1k-9UvdlU
youtube.com/watch?v=ULRTwOMwLoA
youtube.com/watch?v=-Bb2X1jJvkA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGuJ_u56GCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=h542YbZuwkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=n6JkA1sIbMM
youtube.com/watch?v=MDG1rIz1S7k
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ox9357ljQw
youtube.com/watch?v=wLCWCPyxByg
youtube.com/watch?v=6dxICJHd518
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9234208823458208589/member/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not sure about the patch but I started a new character on gilgamesh and I'm starting to worry. Made it to 20 on two classes and haven't received a single RMT tell.

Meanwhile I'm here on the dying back of the Adamantoise server getting about 15-20 an hour

Doesn't help that Adamantoise is literally the ghetto of the data center and has more RMT purchases than EVERY! OTHER! SERVER! COMBINED!

>found my own niche money making method that barely anybody even acknowledges that it exists

Fishing?

nope

cotton farming?

Are you filling out your journals anons? If you don't the miqitten will cry
I still need to do Garuda, Leviathan, Ravana, Moogle Mog, all ex and I'll be done for the week

Sucking roe dicks in a back alley in Limsa?

Best

>sold a sophia ost for 3m today

>turned in my journal with only one goal done
At least I got 1.4 mil from selling the demimatter materia

>Sophia EX is easy as dicks
>People can't do it because counting to 2 is hard

Today's stickers:

>Garuda EX
>Coil T2
>Leviathan EX
>PvP
>Ultima's Bane

And I did them all by queuing up in the duty finder like a man. No pussy mode unsync PFs allowed.

anyone know the PoTD hairstyle looks like?

>the aura in a purple robe actually put on a gobbie mask

Buying cheap orchestrion scrolls from NPCs and selling them for literally 50 times their value on the marketboard?

Has worked for me for half a year now anyway.

Queen from ff type 0

>[X] IMPREGNATE

just came back on this patch
is it worth it to do alexander raid?

puffy
miqitten
pussy

Remember no character posting and fun allowed.

>is it worth it to do alexander raid?
SONIC
BOOM

Indeed

>there are people that don't like Rise

but im not a hardcore raider user, can i DF it?

>want to level a derk since the questline is apparently really good and I like the look
>have absolutely no interest in playing a tank
>can't stop falling asleep when attempting to level new classes

You're gonna be goin FORWARD AND BACK AND THEN FORWARD AND BACK AND THEN GO FORWARD AND BACK

you can DF the normal mode easy enough

savage mode is for the hardcore raiders with premades

>finish my relic
>still 20-30ilvl behind for a few months

>buy 250 gear
>ahead of you for ages

sucker

>Still no good hairstyles for catsluts.
Should I just fantasia into an Au'ra?

they have the same hairstyles available, but their default hairs are even uglier than cats.

what is the min iLvl for all raids?

>doing relics
lmao why

I have a dilemma, I'm tired of being a hyur and want to fantasia but lalas and cats are cancer, I don't like the proportions of elezen and roes, and the good au ra face has stupid horns
What do

I watched the Mr. Happy vid last night and it seems really difficult mechanically.
I struggled a bit to keep the tanks alive in normal mode, still have no idea how meteors/the balance works and fuck me the AoE on that had is huge. Is it just a matter of getting used to the mechanics or something? Because the guide video made it seem extremely complex.

wait till 4.0 news if theres a new race or not

mr crappy makes everything sound 50x more complex than it actually is, because he is retarded

just practice til you beat it

Teach me, Jewpai. How does one make incredible amounts of shekels with minimum effort?

uh oh spotted someone mad that happy pointed out he's a shitter

Only good Au Ra hair unique to them is the hime cut (which isn't even a real hime cut).

>Buy game
>Run dungeons with nothing but friends who got me into the game
>Get to about level 50
>Everything fun and fine so far
>Tank life, never had to worry about heals, never had to worry about anybody but holding aggro
>Friends offline
>Figured i'd give duty finder a try, randoms can't be that bad can it?
>Two mechanics and a white mage
>pushback pushback pushback pushback pushback pushback
>Can't even flash anything
>Can't keep anything on me and facing the right direction
>They can't even attack the same fucking target
>White mage spamming heals on me while in cleric stance
>Lets one of the mechanists die because too busy spamming weak heals on me when hes not busy slamming stone and fluid orb
>shit tank fuck off
>he quits
>start looking for another DPS
>white mage quits
>I quit
I don't think i'm going to buy heavensward.

I really like the looks of the new Chinese dress leggings but the only way to get them is paying for them....

Any idea on what Squadrons reward yet?

increased rank and new gc based glamor

I don't know what it is about knock backs that make people go full retard, in the months I have been playing I have seen them used in a useful way exactly once
Was running ARF and the whm would actually position themself so fluid aura knocked the enemies toward the tank so they could be grouped more easily

Why did FFX marketing shills love posting on Cred Forums so much? Fuck you off with your dead game

>find a gear bracket with medium demand but no supply
>mats are dirt cheap
>sell at a moderate price because fuck it
>steady, comfy income for a few weeks
>absolutely no competition
>get caught up in the new update and forget to restock my inventory
>mass craft before work and put a few items on the mb
>/pet a cute lala for good luck before i go
>check lodestone look at all that sweet sweet gil
>someone undercut every single item
>get home
>check the mb
>notice the undercutters name
>its the filthy fucking lala
i should have listened to Cred Forums
never should have let the jew of eorzea fool me

>tank every item by 80%

I'm sorry wow is literally making you wait a real world week just to do one class quest, it's such a clever way to stop you guys from immediately unsubbing 5 days after legion launched and rushing back to ff14

I try to do this but the opportunity to do it doesn't present itself often. In lower level stuff i'd use to knock enemies away and then put them to sleep. But sleep is useless on pretty much anything once you get to level 50 dungeons.

Some tips for anybody trying out Astrology after those sick buffs

>Always remember that optimal card usage is party comp based. Spamming balance will always be good, but taking into account which classes your party is playing can lead to better uses of cards you would normally shuffle.
>Celestial Opposition and Luminiferous Aether have the same cooldown for a reason. Pop Aether than use Opposition to lengthen it. You'll have boatloads of mana.
>Just because Collective Unconscious is the worst bubble doesnt mean it still isnt free healing. Try popping it on briefly for the regen, then use Opposition or Time Dilation to lengthen it along with other HoTs.
>The Spear is a strong card, but is often difficult to use to its full potential. Generally speaking, it is best used on yourself (since you can make sure that its effect is maximized), however, there are 2 major exceptions (other than aoe spear before a pull). A bard opener uses so many buffs it isnt funny, and a spear on battle voice is fantastic. Generally speaking, MCH an NIN can use a spear at any time since they have so many small cooldowns they are bound to get some decent value out of it.
>Tossing an Ewer on a BLM at the start of a fire cycle is really good. watch their buff bar to make sure you dont waste it on ice though.
>Generally speaking, you'll want to play diurnal with a SCH. just because noct is usable now doesnt mean that a WHM is better than a SCH.
>Dignity has a potency of 400 and scales linearly to a max potency of 1000. thus, using them at 50% (700 potency) or below is preferable. Still though, dont be stingy and wait for them to drop too low. its better to manage your MP and Dignity cooldown than to save a GCD in a longer fight.
>Combust 1 and 2 cant miss, so spam that shit.
>Synastry can be used to heal the same target for 150% (not counting the 20% buff). This makes WHM stand in awe at your ludicrous healing output.

Thanks.
>takes me two days to gear to i235
>on Day 3 already there are no learning parties in the PF and people are asking for final phase or clear experience
Exact same thing happened to me with NidEX. Took me 2.5 days to hit i220 and by that time everyone had already got their clears evidently; if Sophia is a 1:1 retread of that experience I'll have grasped the mechanics by Sunday and be in for 2 weeks of misery trying to find 7 people that aren't retarded for a clear. Then the farm parties will be just as bad by that point and I'll give up after only getting two tokens.

its alright

i want to use my fantasia to make myself into a dragon girl but their default running animation is terrible

male elezen dragoon for me, i guess, it sucks having to relearn the shitty rotation but whatever

Even starting on a relic weapon is purely an admission that you are a shitter. They literally exist for the sole purpose of allowing shitters to also feel like they have good gear without having any skill. And on top of basically being made to say to yourself "I am a huge retard", you then also have to waste DOZENS of hours doing tedious, menial, pointless tasks, further confirming your retard status.

Why anyone would even consider doing this is beyond me.

Pro tip, your weak ass 100 potency knock back doesn't help and fucks up people's rotations, don't even try to justify it with an autistic "but muh finishing blow"
Using it on bosses is whatever since it doesn't mess anything up but otherwise don't touch it while in a party

I only ever use it on bosses anymore nigger, calm down.

>shittalked by a monk decked out in almost full crafted gear for being right below him on the parse

Gee, you really showed me who the boss of this gym is

Report him and include chat logs desu.

It will be funny.

>can't afford the gear

you're lucky he didn't have you vote kicked you bum

What's wrong with using it for finishing blows?

>monk
>having anyone come near his numbers
What a shitter

Knockback is for getting enemies off your face when the tank is doing a shit job at keeping aggro.

Chances are if a WHM is using Fluid Aura it is for that reason. Inexperienced WHMs who don't know what to use it for don't use it at all, because they typically spend 100% of their time healing.

It's autistic to have something considered a finishing blow and its so weak that it usually won't kill the enemy anyway wasting time overall since someone else needs to kill it and it 's an action that would have been better spent casting aero on something else

Relics look great, can't say the same about alex trash.

Oh, well yeah, mistiming it would be dumb.

I've never really had an issue with the timing on it.

I could see others fucking it up though, based on how badly people still seem to mistime LBs.

We are talking about people using it when the enemies are already grouped together knocking shit out of position and thinking a hit that's the strength of an auto attack is a significant contribution

Have they fixed the shitty mechanics they added in 3.0 for blm, drg, smn, and brd yet?

No, but Yoshi isn't happy with them so they'll likely be changed for 4.0.

>really want to play ast cause its super fun
>ast whm isnt optimal at all compared to ast sch
>dont want to be a main healer
fuck

Is AST SCH that optimal if you have to main heal as an AST?

That's good. At least he realized they were awful ideas

Don't get me started on aoes
>play nin, melee lbs are stronger on a single target than ranged
>can augment that with ta and b4b
>all ranged seem to love mashing out lb as soon as it's available and tend to eat an aoe in the process
It's less of a pain in the ass but how hard is it to wait a second for the boss to start casting and then use lb when it's safe

I only getting them late at night but I've reported every single one of them.

So glad they are making life hard for those fuckers.

Its like any new patch but the new raid tier is really good so far cleared normal mode and its definitely my favorite alexander tier.

definitely. AST have better burst heals than WHM (bar benny), Add HUGE team support and a passive dps increase with their cards, and have sustained dps due to not relying on accuracy.

Unfortunately this is what to expect since machinists are the worst dps around that need to pick an actual dps class.

Its fun man. AST has a lot more downtime than WHM due to faster casting times and stronger burst heals. Gives you plenty of time to dps. I swapped from SCH offheals to AST mainheals in 3.0 and i havent looked back. class is just so damn fun.

>finally get to 60
>find out that WHM is the worst healing class
feels bad

guess I will try ast

WHM are the best, don't believe the AST meme.

Leave this place, go back to yours.

>WHM trash still thinks they are relevant
I love WHM tears as much as the next guy, but come on man its time to throw in the towel.

going nopan for the tank, right?

As a WHM main I say you are incorrect

>He didn't read the patch notes
Always count on stupid ERPers to not actually play the game.

sorry broskis, as much as I regret spending this much time in whm, I can't go full denial mode if I want to enjoy this game and not be a burden

Got my Chocobo buddy to rank 11. The first 10 were dedicated into making it into my personal heal bitch. So which tree is better after that, attack or tank?

Did you see the buffs AST got this patch?

Chocobos actually make decent tanks for most of the content you can use them in, with the added bonus of a scholar pet automatically healing them. The only downside is you can't make them switch targets like you can a titan egi (which the chocobos won't heal).

tfw it's time for whm to be bullied.
PLD and WHM are KEKS.

AST cucks so mad that they're still not the superior healer.

Goddamn I'm on Adamantoise too and this shit get's really tiring quick. Hopefully the new report system does anything.

tell me then, WHM scum, why is the WHM superior to AST?

So, what happened to the Treaty Blade?

>SMN who don't raise
Everytime. I play summoner and when someone dies I always swiftcast and rez them to help the healers. I don't understand smn's who don't even bother with it.

Don't listen to this faggot, if you aren't using your OGCD stuff whenever its up you're wasting dps. For knockback though just learn whats immune (a surprising number of regular mobs are) or use it when the mob is at like 5%.

I unsub after that point, which is to say, every time. No point in gearing up and bashing my head in with savage, either, so the endless vertical gear grind every week is meaningless to me. I then spend my remaining month doing the other side stuff. End game is the worst thing to ever happen to MMOs

>use a weak attack that stops an ally from connecting with a stronger attack, this will max your dps
Do you even math

>tfw dps is always higher than same geared WHMs
>they don't even swiftcast aero 3 with a fluid in the gcd left open

That's a swiftcast I could use on an extra ruin 3 or shadowflare. Fuck helping dead people. If it's pub content let the healers do it.

>tanking
>as a low level pld
>everybody is retarded
>SMN only uses bio2 not one bane
>BLM never AOEs
>NIN attacks targets at random and almost seems to be attack the one im not targeting
>Healer only Heals and spams the fuck out of it even beating a i240 synced DRG doing good dps
>flash till I blind myself
>can barely hold aggro
>people that do get it just run around like retards
>dps bring adds to me that dont need to be tanked like I'm supposed to take them off (qarn stone faces)

Add this with extreme server lag as of late and its awful. wtf i hate taking now

>pld
That was your first mistake

>be blm
>want to AoE in LLDR
>Tanks can never hold hate
>conditioned myself to never AoE outside of level 50+ dungeons

I always test it at the start of the dungeon but more often than not I end up tanking.

All the other tanks are not for me. PLD is fun and Sword and board is A E S T H E T I C as fuck.

look at the tank gear and test it on a pull you should be fine with a decent pld

>>people that do get it just run around like retards
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH TRIGGERED

IF THESE FUCKS WOULD STOP RUNNING AROUND IN CIRCLES I WOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE THE MOBS OFF THEM
FUCK

>>NIN attacks targets at random and almost seems to be attack the one im not targeting

I did this on purpose for awhile while leveling dragoon.

They probably know what they're doing.

>On Sep. 30, 2016 from 12:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. (PDT), emergency maintenance will be performed on FINAL FANTASY XIV.
>Please log out before the maintenance begins.
See the News section for more details.
God dammit.

better hurry user, you only have two hours left

everyone talks about new content, i'm months behind, struggling to get ahead while passing old content to get to 60 to party with friends. seems dps have it rough, doing roulette, which gets into parties easier, Tanks or Healers? i dont really want to go that route but i may have no choice.

kek

Tanking as a PLD puts som hear on your chest I never knew I had it so easy with WAR.

I had it happen to me twice and one was a burger king crown faggot.

>LOL I PULLED OFF DA TANK SHIT TANK EPIC DPS
>mfw his sorry ass aint pull off me once

Still too close though. To survive as a leveling PLD you NEED HQ/GC gear with some cheap melds. A good sword while in Sword oath can give some numbers my autos were slightly weaker than my fast blade.

Maybe they can fix their shit servers.

>Try to make some money with fishing
>Fishes get so undercut they are worth nothing now
>Try to make money out of the new gathering stuff
>Literally get undercut every 5min impossible to sell anything if I want to keep gathering
>Friend tries to sell the new leather
>Fuckers literally called "Undercut" put down the price like crazy
>Now the HQ is only 50k higher than the NQ

>Mfw trying to make money with jews around

reee fix Primal reee
It's like the fourth maint now

It has always been a thing in every mmo.
In term of DF speed
Tanks >>> Healers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DPS

>SMN in EXDR
>Tank numbers the adds

Same at the vault for MSQ and I decided to switch classes like a dumbass. By the time I catch up there will be another patch and all of this content will be impossible to do unless my FC has mercy.

Forgot face

>doing stickers

someone did the math and there's like a 1:400 chance to actually get 3 lines. don't fucking bother. It's just a cheap trick to make old content relevant.

That 200 tomestone reward is pretty neat if you're lazy
Also free Vs

Cheap tricks are the only thing Yoshi's poor ass has time to develop, apparently.

>He complains about not being able to stay in control of aggro when DPS attack multiple targets

>He thinks he's a non-shit tank

its still worth it for some easy grade V materia or possibly some extra tomestones

>faggot can't read
>thinks hes not retarded

>didn't reduce the price of lore gear
When

lore is uncapped and you make more of them now, so whatever

>admits to being a shit tank

I bet you mark targets in dungeons, faggot

BLM's got touch ups every new patch besides this one and if you can't deal with it by now just hand in your Wizard badge.

Now you're just reaching

enochian isn't fun though

>just had a vote abandon in fucking weeping city because people somehow couldn't stand in the green puddles to keep themselves alive
>constantly left with two alliances completely dead, and my co healer constantly died to megadeath too

>tank doesn't use flash or riot blade in Qarn NM
>pull aggro like crazy
>tank finally speaks up and says no more aoe
>tell him to go fuck himself and keep doing aoe
>hey first tike tanking in a year!
>tell him tonread skills or just flash more
>they shut up
>get 1 comm

As a healer main, I know how you felt way too well.
It's just painful.

I'm feeling the same thing everytime I try to do A11 since I fucking need to stay alive and use my LB3 when everyone but the MT is fucking dead because people can't into quick phase changes.

None of the new 3.0 empowered states are fun.
Monk is fun because even if you fuck up something at least you have PB to fix it quickly, that and the entire class is built around it.

Messing up even a little as smn, blm, or drg just sucks and something like that should never be a mechanic for those classes

Rune Fencer confirmed

Is there anything more fun than bullying low level sprout PLDs/GLDs as BRD by popping Hawk's Eye, BfB, Raging Strikes and Raw Intuition at the same time and watching as they desperately try to claw aggro back?

>Raw Intuition
Fuck, I meant Internal Release.

I'm on Mateus and I almost never get them. Seems like they're most common on the mid-pops, no room on high-pop, no money to be made on low pop.

Outdpsing shitty DPS on my WHM in low level dungeons never fails to amuse me.

I need to pvp for the gun, which dps pvp skills are required to not be shit? all of them?

Probably because SE has no idea how to design classes. They're all more or less the same. Keep buffs up, keep dot up, blow damage up oGCDs, do your static rotation.

All operating on the same resources with little to no procs to change things up.

BLM used to be all about procs for retard damage, now procs are in most cases detrimental to cash in. It's ass fuckin backwards.

>Bullying sprout PLD/GLAs

wow

But on a related note why do low level arches produce so much hate?

>leveling PLD
>just tunnel visoning
>see healer no.2 on enmity list
>oh boy a over curing faggot
>realize i'm at half HP
>hes in cleric
>out dpsing a mnk and drg
>mfw

Which makes it even more apparent that Yoshi doesn't know how to design classes. That's his own fucking class.

Are you implying that blood of the dragon is more annoying than Greased lightning?

Finally got the hair from potd. Got like 4 mil worth of minions and glamour pieces in the process.

This shit is pretty lucrative. Might as well keep at it in case they nerf it.

I've dug out three Spellspeed Vs since they added the extra loot system. Once I actually start getting my Scripture gear that shit's gonna help immensely.

yes

>Can stay up to 30sec
>No stacks which fuck up your DPS if you can't get them up fast enough
>1min CD on the initial buff
lol

Really? I'm on Adamantoise as well and I don't get too many. At least not anymore.

It got so bad at one point that I turned off the sound for tells and moved them to their own spam tab. I could go weeks and get only a single tell that wasn't spam.

I get maybe 1 or two an hour anymore. Wonder what makes you get so many more.

fuck what's the best way to get an updated weapon ? Im really startin to feel the hurt by using a 210 ilvl.

>getting almost no RMT tells since the report button got added

Did they finally do something right?

>gotta start a9s by sunday
>getting new gear and I'm gonna have to spend a shitton on materia that will be irrelevant after I get some alexandrian items

fuck
I should have stocked up on grade iv heavens eye before the patch

Fufufufuf... I was merely testing you!

Palace of the dead is probably the lowest effort 235.

I'm gonna need Alisaie, Alphie and Nero to deal with fucking Ala Mhigo.

>As soon as someone even considers the thought of taking back Ala Mhigo they go full retard mode.
>See Yda.

What's Adamantoise like? I know it's a smaller server, but as far as the community there and what people do, I don't know much.

thanks, guess i'll give palace of the dead a shot

They are probably better off with the Garleans than the retarded Ala Mhiggers. Who do you the griffon is?

Lost in the snow probably.

It's totallynot-Ilberd

devs have made it relatively clear that they aim to simplify rotations in 4.0

will this be a good or bad thing? is 'button bloat' real, or simply the language of a shitter?

>entire expansion dealing with Ala Mhigger bullshit

God I thought nothing would be worse than the faggot elf zealots. Hopefully I get more opportunities to be a cynical asshole, they've been sneaking those options into the dialogue choices lately.

Is she /ourgal/?

I hope they turns the combos like Aion.

It is real but obviously the answer isn't to go full retard like Blizz and remove everything.

Button bloat is definitely real for some classes like DRK, they have almost three full buttons worth of hotbars to use. Some classes like BLM don't need nearly as many buttons because half their skills are fucking useless.

You could also buy an iLv250 weapon off the market but that might cost more Gil than you own.

Forget her. Alphie a cute.

I'm really sad that we won't see the Warriors of Darkness anymore. I hate that they had to wrap it up so quickly.
I also loved his VA.

*three full hotbars worth of buttons

Alphinaud is /ourgal/

I suppose it depends on the job and who you ask. I loved blm at 50 and hated smn at 50. At 60, I find smn much more fun and absolutely detest playing blm.

Button bloat is real for some jobs though. I like playing drk but fuck me it has so much shit and very little of it is useless. Meanwhile, in blm land.

>all those skills I literally never use

I think it's really weird they bothered to give them all voices just to write them out within the very same patch

Other than the conclusion to their arc feeling a bit rushed tho the 3.4 story was fucking excellent.

>People are trying to sell them up to 8M
What a bunch of jews.

>there's literally 1-2 per weapon available on my server

That 995 minimum craftsmanship needed is a bitch. I'm pretty well geared and even I'm not quite there, still like 18 short.

Well I just bought the game on sale this morning, played till level 10, what else am I in for?

this is my ultimate fear.

A boring 1-50 grind and then shit gets good with all the pre expansion story.

Will Alphinaud ever get to bang Y'sthola?

>tfw 1000 Craft and 930 Control on my specs

I was hoping I could stay on Baked Onion for a bit longer, I can make that crap with a 1 button.

Go do your tutorial stuff at lvl 15 for the gear and exp ring.

I bought one.
Rather I bought the mats for about 2 mil and paid someone 250K to craft it.
That's half my money gone but I really needed the iLv boost.

By level 26 you can access to four damage boosting abilities (two of which are cross classed) and a couple oGDCs to weave in an opener.

You basically have some pretty strong burst potential available to you before you even unlock your job stone.

It really seemed like they meant for them to go farther. I wonder if it has to do with them wanting to make people not have to do the patch stories/expansion content to get to the next expansion after all the complaining they got about 2.x to heavensward. Much easier to ease in people who have no idea what the fuck is going on if the tie up the vast majority of the threads and lead into something new.

The end of their arc felt weak and if the rest wasn't so good I think people would complain a lot more. Also it seems to have permanently(?) gotten rid of Minfillia so people are probably more willing to make that story arc sacrifice.

Those complaints aside, they really knocked out of the park with some of the stuff this time around.

>date with Aymeric
>staring down the guy making drinks
>Sitting under the stars with Alisae
>that fucking sword
>I'm here... I'm here... Say something, please...

Why didn't Yda and Papa get a new set of armor?

>that fucking sword

That's a soft RDM confirm right? Summoning up magicked blades and shit would be pretty badass as a class option (though I can imagine some people getting pissy about it not being a "real" RDM). As long as they have their traditional swanky ass AF gear tho I'll be happy.

Elf (male) is also an acceptable.

It's like they don't want to get robbed by Mhiggers.

Next patch should probably be a bunch of back and forth between little ala mhigo and north/east shroud in terms of MSQ. You got rid of the main Ixal base near Gyr Abania, and now if you clear out the Garlean castrum north of East Shroud, then we'll probably be heading to it that way.

After playing through almost the entirety of 2.0 and HW with Japanese voices I gotta say the English VA in 3.4 was fucking top notch and a vast improvement over the shit that made that me change it to Japanese in the first place.

WoW mythic released and downed 1.5 days later

FFXIV 3.4 released and A12s downed 3 days later

discuss

>looking at the new time weapons
>PLD sword and WAR axe both have Parry

What in the absolute fuck, glad I just got DRK to 60

Wow Mythic probably would have taken longer if all the top end raid guilds didn't abuse mythic+ dungeons to have almost if not full 890 before emerald mythic came out.

Don't get me wrong, I like them both. But Alphinaud seems very tease-able.

I would like a middle ground between WoW simplicity and ffxiv bloated.

It took me awhile to learn the proper priority for bards but after I got the hang of it, it felt really fun. Theres a learning curve that can be unappealing for some people.
So yeah, make some minor adjustments but I hope they wont gut it.

>WAR is finally back to prenerf DPS
Yes, this pleases me.

Was this the final patch before the expansion?

3.5 will be.

Papalymo is definitively going to die for Yda.

Nope. 3.5 likely in Jan/Feb with the expansion slated some time for June/July.

SE is nothing if not predictable with their schedule.

>Creator actually getting people back into raiding
>Wondrous Tails actually getting people to run older content

3.4 best patch this cycle?

>tfw just hit 50 earlier today
>tfw ARR story was bretty gud and easily one of the better FF stories in the entire series
>tfw Magiek mount
>tfw Magik inspired EVERYTHING
>tfw Nods to every FF game in existence
>tfw God Tier music youtube.com/watch?v=zqJRnD5HuZw
>tfw still have all of Heavensward to look forward to
>tfw playing WHM because it's fun as fuck,but will raise an AST also since they're supposedly OP
>tfw Lalafell are GOAT

Wiping city is something magical

>Void Ark is boring as fuck, you can do it with your eyes closed
>Weeping city
>OH GOD MECHANICS WHY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I don't really mind being an explosion turret but Christ does my dps look shitty until I've fully mastered a fight.
Doesn't help that there's like 2 moments in the entire Sophia EX fight where I can almost use a full leylines.

I think every patch has been better than the last, though 3.1 wasn't setting the bar high. We still got issues of more of the same, but it leaves me hopeful for the future.

Unless Stormblood fucks us.

>tfw Nods to every FF game in existence

Just wait. It keeps happening.

>What do you mean turn into a zombie to avoid megadeath? Other ff games, what are those?

>Alex DRK has Parry
>WAR is Crit/Det and PLD Crit/Skill speed

Really? Because it doesn't seem any different on my server.

Somebody's gonna gank his ass for the Tupsimati. Hell wouldn't surprise me if it's the Mhiggers, they need something to effectively channel the Aether from Nidhogg's eyes after all.

>she does that dumbass Japanese thing where kids refer to themselves in the third person

Dropped

Parry fix when

>Garuda
>Not Ramuh, Leviathan or Titan
lol

Ozma salt is incredible. I pity the people why can't have fun with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdzoqgeg05g

I want to commit a crime.

I was thinking of buying FF14 + Heavensward but I know I'm going to be a bit late to the party. I know there's

1) I'm a bit of a casual when it comes to MMOs and I HATE grouping. Is it possible to play through a chunk of the game and story without having 10 people groups? (maybe just 1 or two of us?)

2) I love crafting and stuff, is the crafting system fun or good? Is it even profitable?

3) Is gil hard to earn?

4) Is the game dead? Reddit says THERE'S NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO PLAY but I really don't trust that partisan bullshit. Give me the straight and narrow. Will low level / mid level raids be impossible to complete even once?

5) If I DO start what shit should I keep in mind for post-game? Is there stuff I need to prepare for 60 levels in advance so I don't end up killing 500 starting area frogs for some crystal shit for my ultima weapon?

How the hell do you people play with a mouse and keyboard? Every time I turn to do my positional I end up clicking on one of my party members and the click filter doesn't work since I can still click on my party members.

>tfw I never even got to Ozma

group kept wiping on the emo fuccboi demon and I just took a break from the game as a whole after that anyways.

>he doesn't want to protect that smile

I flipped my shit the first time I saw a Magitek mount creeping across the central shroud.I had to ask the person who had it where the fuck they got one and how I could get it.

Apparently the answer to all of the cool shit is doing the MSQ,and thankfully the MS is fucking rad and gives me cool shit along the way

And Cross Skills is fucking genius and it feels fucking fantastic to have a pretty robust spell system compared to WoW,EQ,and every other MMO that I've played

>get to Ozma day three of the patch
>people are yelling and telling each other to kill themselves/uninstall after the third wipe
>they didn't realize the last wipe was my fault for spreading the Bleed debuff and blamed each other instead

Fun times

So many good tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=-T1k-9UvdlU

Ozma is legitimately one of my favorite fights in XIV despite the headaches in can cause. I love his arena, the shapeshifting, black hole and the music inside.

It's just so good. And its satisfying to kill because he can be so difficult for some groups.

Is the ps4 version of ff14 inferior in any way?

Cruise Chaser has a better theme than Alexander Prime

I just don't understand why it wasn't called Ark in english.

youtube.com/watch?v=ULRTwOMwLoA

Don't get me wrong she's definitely a little qt but goddamn that third person shit grinds on my nerves. It's not cute in the slightest Japan, it's fucking retarded.

I'm pretty sure lb isn't affected by trick attack debuff and b4b.

PC is still the best choice but PS4 is acceptable.

PS3 is what's really holding the game back.

>1) I'm a bit of a casual when it comes to MMOs and I HATE grouping. Is it possible to play through a chunk of the game and story without having 10 people groups? (maybe just 1 or two of us?)
You're forced to do multiple dungeons (with 3 others people) and also fight bosses with multiple people too.

>2) I love crafting and stuff, is the crafting system fun or good? Is it even profitable?
Crafting is basically its own minigame and can be very fun but it also require a lot of time and money to be profitable.

>3) Is gil hard to earn?
A bit, you just need to know what sell.
Though, beside some stuff which aren't vital (Like housing or glamour stuff), Gils isn't really needed in this game compared to some others mmo.

>4) Is the game dead?
Depends of the servers you are, Leviathan is very much alive with people moving around even at 3AM in the morning.

>5) If I DO start what shit should I keep in mind for post-game? Is there stuff I need to prepare for 60 levels in advance so I don't end up killing 500 starting area frogs for some crystal shit for my ultima weapon?
There's none of that shit in this game fortunately.
Carthing up is also fairly easy and doesn't require literal months or years of farming.

>His fucking intro scene was lifted straight out of the FF9 summon

Buckets were cum.

FORWARD AND BACK GETTING FORWARD AND BACK

It can chug in heavily crowded areas sometimes, though never in dungeons or raids in my experience, and has longer load times than a decent PC. And by longer I mean just a few seconds. It's not anywhere in the realm of PS3 load times where shit like hunts is basically impossible.

I've played on PS4 since it released there and never really had trouble. You can even use mouse and keyboard if you prefer that to a controller so you're not really missing much by playing there.

I want to protect this smile myself

>1) I'm a bit of a casual when it comes to MMOs and I HATE grouping. Is it possible to play through a chunk of the game and story without having 10 people groups? (maybe just 1 or two of us?)
There are forced story dungeins (4 person groups) and trials (8 person groups). Nothing you're forced to go through for the story is that difficult.

>2) I love crafting and stuff, is the crafting system fun or good? Is it even profitable?
Personally I think it's a huge time and money wall and very hard to get into. You need to level EVERYTHING. All crafters and 2/3 gatherers.

>3) Is gil hard to earn?
Depends on how diligent you are. If you're not into crafting, there are usually some weekly things you can do to earn some gil. Don't expect to get loaded though without crafting.

>4) Is the game dead? Reddit says THERE'S NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO PLAY but I really don't trust that partisan bullshit. Give me the straight and narrow. Will low level / mid level raids be impossible to complete even once?
The game isn't dead, but some servers are. Do your research, and if you plan to get into the most popular servers, expect to have to pay to transfer a character in.

>5) If I DO start what shit should I keep in mind for post-game? Is there stuff I need to prepare for 60 levels in advance so I don't end up killing 500 starting area frogs for some crystal shit for my ultima weapon?
No not really.

1. There's content you need to group up for, but the game has an in-built system that automatically parties you up with other people.

2. Yes. You can do nothing but gathering/crafting and make literally millions of gil. The richest people in XIV are usually crafters.

3. Depends, doing the Main Story will give you a decent amount, but for certain things, you either need to save up quite a bit or just take up crafting. There are definitely several money sinks in the game.

4.According to the latest census, population is the lowest it's ever been, but I don't find it noticeable in game.

5. Kind of hard to answer that, there are a few things you can save I guess, like crafting materials and such, but the game only really opens up at level 50. Best advice, would be to always take the gil reward from quests (the gil item reward that you can sell afterwards), since most of the gear/food will become irrelevant after a few levels.

Honestly though, the best advice would be to just play the trial. It's free.

1. Grouping is required for some story content but it's piss easy and people will beg to take you along because they get bonuses.

2. Crafting is very deep, very fun, and very very very profitable.

3. Not if you're a crafter.

4. Nope. Low level raids are easily facerolled nowadays and there's plenty of incentive for max level characters to revisit old content. The newest patch just dropped, so it really is a good time to join.

3. I really can't think of anything that would gimp you long term. Relic weapons are grindfests be definition, so if you choose to make one you're gonna be doing that either way. Ul'dah is best starting city, Immortal Flames best Grand Company.

>did PotD 1-50
>got 2 mil worth of shit from the accursed hoard along with a nice chunk of lore and scriptures
It's not a goldmine by any means, but with how useless gil is (especially since I already have both a house and an apartment) it's good enough

I prefer Alex Prime theme personally.
But I hate the fact that most people who put the theme on Youtube doesn't put the sick beats in-between the timestop.

The game, possibly to its detriment, is very single player friendly. You're forced to group up for some things along the way but there's a matchmaker and none of the required grouping is for particularly difficult content, so you should be safe not communicating if you're not tanking and read a short guide before going in.

Crafting is very detailed in this game compared to most MMOs, I don't really find it fun myself but some players love it. It's the best source of income in the game, and really the only way you'll make big money.

Gil is hard to earn unless you're crafting but there aren't a lot of dumps for it and they're mostly fun optional things. You shouldn't have to worry much about it.

The game has a very healthy population. There's this 250k active player thing going around but it's bullshit, it's calculated in a specific way and people just misrepresent it. Population is only second to WoW and I'm having no trouble playing on literally the smallest server of the game. I'd recommend starting on mid pop if you're new though because it helps with leveling to have more population and the economy is stable. If you really like the game a lot of people recommend transferring to Balmung or Gilgamesh since they're massive, but I mostly think those people are stupid.

The game progression is very streamlined and you don't have to invest much effort in to experience most of it. Some people consider this a downside since it trivializes a lot of things, but it's a game you can easily stay relevant in by playing at a pace for 2-3 hours a day.

AND THEN GO ONE FOOT FORWARD

>and I'm having no trouble playing on literally the smallest server of the game.
What server?

And why would you play there?

MAN I LOVE CRUISE CHASER. HE'S THE BEST EIDOLON IN IX.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Bb2X1jJvkA

POTD has become my prefered tomestone farming method since roulettes are only good once a day, plus I can get welfare weapons for my alt classes and occasionally dig up some V materia as well. Plus it's enough of a faceroll that even getting paired up with complete retards usually isn't that detrimental.

The only problem is that in terms of pure efficiency it isn't the most time efficient for farming tomes, but with all the other shit it spits out in addition to tomes I think it's a more worthwhile time investment.

>mfw Wondrous Tails is actually motivating people to run old shit

You can pretty much play it alone. Most of the story content is solo with the occasional 4/8 man dungeon or boss fight. Those happen pretty infrequently though.

I can't speak for the fun of crafting because I don't do it but my friends swear by it. I can say with confidence that it is incredibly profitable. You can take people for millions of gil on shit that takes like no effort to make. The wealthiest people in game pretty much all earned their money from crafting.

Gil isn't too hard to earn. I don't craft and am a pretty casual player but I have like 5 mil to my name. Enough to buy glamour gear without feeling the sting and I could even buy a house if I were so inclined.

Low level raids are pretty faceroll anymore with the gear that people have but people still do them. The game gives a lot of incentive for high level people to go back and do that stuff, especially if there's someone who hasn't run it before. They get even more stuff that way.

You shouldn't need to prepare long term for stuff like that. While there is some content like that you can't pre-complete it and you just have to cross that bridge when you come to it. One thing I will say though is check what random items are worth on the market board before selling to a vendor. Vendors tend to give basically nothing where players can and will pay for stuff that might seem like junk.

serious question

who the fuck started the Lalafell hate meme?

I love my little Lalafell WHM,I swear they took the design for the Lalafell straight from Tactics

A HEARTBEAT WITHOUT HARMONY IS RHYTHM WITHOUT TIME
A HEART SEEKING EQUILIBRIUM, WITH BALANCE FILL YOUR WORLD WITH CALM

based teh Rie on vocals

4.0 please look forward to it

>who the fuck started the Lalafell hate meme?

Lalafell players.

>Used to fight in Diadem and get at least 1M worth of fish every 40min
>When I talk about it within the FC, the leader suddenly decide that he want to level up the boat
>Ask if I can at least use it ffrom time to time inbetween missions
>FC lead suddenly get mad at me and tell me that it's worth nothing compared to making millions with grade V materias and that I should stop being an egoist prick
>mfw
At least I got 45m out of it before he got jealous.

The story for me. I hate almost every single lalafell story figure in the game. They're almost all assholes.

And on top of that, I find a lot of Lalafell players to be insufferable emote spammers whose whole gimmick is
>Look! Look at me! I'm a small human!

Plus there are lalafell linkshells on almost every server which is retarded.

It's because most of us are obnoxious memers who always draw attention to the race they're playing and how much they love playing it ect.

Most of it is just 'lol jews' memery, but I've noticed that a lot of Lala players are legit weird people.

>only running wonderous tails for the titles

when did i become such a degenerate

They look like toddlers and the people who play them tend to be obnoxious, self absorbed faggots

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGuJ_u56GCQ

Mateus.

Housing prices are bottom out and there're always plots available. I do most of my play with friends so the server community didn't matter much. It's incredibly easy to make gil because the market isn't competitive. The community was really welcoming when I was scoping servers for a transfer, probably because they needed more max level transfers.

There're significant downsides though. Fate groups aren't common and getting into raiding is hard. You have to farm a lot of shit manually because the market is small.

It's kind of an interesting server though because the game defaults new players to it due to the size. You get a huge amount of sprouts here, but a lot of players transfer off to Balmung later.

>ywn be

It's a natural reaction every decent being has towards your cancerous kind.

Do you get any raiding done at all?

>takes a year to get that title

i'mma do it tho

>I will never find the source of this
;_;

GONNA NEED SOME SAUCE FRIENDO

Thanks user!

Lalas did.

Answers is still my favorite. Can't be beat IMO. I saw the cinematic, heard the sick electric organ @ 4:13 and was sold.

youtube.com/watch?v=h542YbZuwkQ

Imagine playing at the very end of 1.0 and seeing that shit play with no warning.

I don't clear anything harder than ex trials. I'm a casual baby.

There're last I checked, two progression groups on the server. I think they cleared A10S last night, don't think they've cleared A11S yet though.

I wish I had the guts to raid because that's a really cool fight/song.

I just fucking hate gnomish races in general because in my experience over the years of playing MMOs, only the most humongous of faggots play them.

>don't think they've cleared A11S yet though.
That's not bad at all for Mateus. Do the progression groups interact with the community at all there?

But all that I want to do is keep the party alive and have a good time doing so

So far the only mildly intolerable Lalafell is Papalymo,but Wedge is a total bro,Tataru is cool too

Normal raids are braindead easy.

Savage raids require you to poopsock with a static.

What? It's available in normal mode.

>Maintenance has started
What am I gonna do for four hours. ;_;

>tfw you can feel the Ahk Morns coming based on the song

I'm a pretty shit dps/healer/tank so I've never tried.

>they realized they can't top T13 so for Alexander finale they just made another T13 with a different coat of paint

I know what I'm gonna do.

>seeing ahk morn for the first time

There's groups that are only going 3-4 hours a night on 11/12 savage now. Even savage this tier seems to be extremely accessible.

So does anyone have a clue how the fuck you actually get the new GC promotions because fuck, those new armors are stylish as shit.

The world needs more Alphi lewds.

jack off to vanilla porn and go to sleep

as a side note,do you think we'll ever have Trance states? Make most damage skills instant with no cast time but share the GCD or some shit

>Normal raids are braindead easy.
Tell that to the fucks who can't do A11 without dying.

bidaily FFXIV shill thread

>OP ALWAYS WORDED LIKE "hey i heard about this" "hey a friend got this me" "hey I heard a new patch came out"
Always the same fucking OP, always the same 3 images

Just get 7 stickers and shuffle until you have a good placement. You can farm good boy points just by doing roulettes since it's a new patch, and you have all week to actually get it set up for 3 lines.

I can't really say because I was already talking with progression players at the time I transferred so my opinion is skewered.

From what I understand though, there's something of a "We'll take what we can get" mindset. The static I'm in contact with will take players with no background if they have an open slot, and gear them up. Don't know how often they have openings though.

Like any server I think getting to know people is half chance.

>jack off to vanilla porn
I just can't get off to it any more like I can to good ERP. I underestimated the power of words and now there's no going back.

fuck you're cancer
kill yourself
>doesn't want to group in an M_M_O
fucking cancer

I hope you get bullied and quit

>Nidhogg's Akh Morns

i hope they add more meaningful buttons and less strict buttons, also condense certain combos into one button

mastering a rotation is satisfying but i think learning when to use what and when outside of blood of the greased enochian and shields/virus would be more satisfying

hate to say it, but one thing GW2 does really well is there's generally no encounters where one of your equipped skills is utterly useless, and almost every skill serves 2 or even more purposes. with FFXIV there's some that are inefficient under some circumstances (trying to maintain thunder during enochian, wait drg has a 20% slow?) or just made completely obsolete by a new skill (lol thunder2, stone2). also a whole mess of skills are functionally identical between classes despite having a different name (advance to combo skill 2, advance to combo skill 3, mitigate 20% damage, mitigate 40% damage, etc.)

Fuck egi glamor, let me Trance as other Great Wyrms.

>all that parry on tank gear
>still no decent pants except savage pants

>thought I slept through maintenance
>woke up just in time for it to start

FUCK

I really only use it if I'm being face fucked. I try to knock them toward the tanker if possible.

supposedly they're reworking parry in 3.5 (stock up those materias boiz)

>Caster gear is either Crit/Det or Acc/SpS

Poor BLMs this patch. At least the dream of 1200 SpS is possible.

I wonder if they'll stop pretending ACN is a pet class and remove pets entirely in 4.0 so that they can finally balance scholar.

>Having to heal through it

Learn how to draw so you can draw subtle lewds of specific npcs.
Like what i'm doing.

youtube.com/watch?v=n6JkA1sIbMM

WITNESS
>FEEL
SUFFER
>THINK
BORROW
>TEACH
REASON
>HEAR

I'm just hoping dor QoL traits in the next expansion. Something that might make certain skills people find as ass into tolerable. Or add some type of variety to rotations.

At least they are getting rid of ACC so we might get some fun stats to replace it. Not really holding my breath.

I prefer to pay others to draw my lewds instead.

Oh shit they're getting rid of accuracy?

Why the fuck do those squad missions take 18 hours?

Even if you manage to shuffle and get a configuration that allows for 3 lines, the chance of the last two seals going in the correct spots is less than 3%.

2 lines is the most anyone can realistically hope for.

Such a huge mistake not making the objectives match up with the seal location.

god I miss coil

creator was really good but the alexander style and aesthetic can't top coil

I'm guessing they'll split SCH off from ACN and make it a crystal only job. They already laid the groundwork with the HW classes and just need to give them a new 1-50 base kit.

So that you don't have to return to it every hour.

It's because Coil feels like a natural extension and conclusion of the 2.0 story, while Alex is more like a sidequest.

I fucking hope so.
Accuracy has always been such a shit stat holding back otherwise obvious upgrades.

because they knew people didn't want garrisons

Probably something dumb, like a double cast/double strike stat.
Well anything would be better than current parry.

>Even a Ilvl 240 tank lose 90% to Akh Morn
Busted.

Urge to breed: uncontrollable

To not turn this into phone app Garrison bullshit. People are still being retards and staying up late just to get extra training hours in.

I only just started and have my WHM,but honestly healing is a lot more satisfying than any WoW healing class ever was,from Vanilla to WoD,and even going back to EQ RoK daysif you could even call cleric healing,actual healing

I really enjoy the different spells that we have and learning how and when to use which rank of Cure,Medica,and everything else feels rewarding when you can succesfully manage your mana while stance dancing to help out with the damage when the group allows

>tfw dropping Holy on bitches left and right while adding a stunning component

how can I remove NPCs from my squad? I have a Lalafell in it and I clicked everywhere and can't seem to find the option

That's what I have been hearing. Come 4.0 it will be removed because it really is ultimately a worthless stat.

They're still kids you fucking pedo vermin

You can't until your squad is full, then you can replace old members with new ones.

The stacks were a lot more important with Coil.
You know the strenght of Bahamut, you know what he has done to the land, and leaving Coil alone would mean the resurrection of a Bahamut even stronger.

Will for Alex...beside him moving bit by bit of that bubble, there was nothing.
Yeah yeah, he would normally suck out the aether of the land and of all Eorzea but that's basically every Primal in a nutshell, there was no real sense of danger coming from it.

Fuck. Okay, thanks.

>tfw I cleared Sophia EX 14 times today between PF Farm Groups and my static.

Feels good as fuck man.

Got both my AST and WHM weapons.

Ready for A9S now.

Please stop, my dick is at breaking point.

Never done Diadem or Palace of the Dead

What's some good info for them?

Also I just got my first Tank to 50 (DRK), is there a list of Tank Busters somewhere? I'm apprehensive of when to use living Dead.

>Holy -> Swiftcast -> Holy -> Assize
BIG
FUKKEN
BURST

Palace of the dead is literally a no-brainer.

Everything has like 10% of its usual HP, theres no party comp. Just don't run off on your own past floor 30.

All pomanders are shared between the party so don't blow all of them until you get a feel for the good times to use them.

>the only recruits I've gotten already have the same classes as my starting recruits
>the only one that didn't is some ADHD Elezen in a reindeer costume

>tfw still haven't cleared because of shitters not understanding basic mechanics

>God Tier music

Not listing

SAY MY NAME!

You never need to use Living Dead unless you're certain you're about to die. Normal mitigation cooldowns are sufficient for tankbusters.

>Swiftcast -> Holy
>During the stun of the previous holy so it's utterly worthless
You should rather do Holy > Swiftcast > Aero 3 > Assize

So solo it until floor 30? Also have no idea what pomanders are.

Wait wtf? I haven't been on Cred Forums in a couple days because of the patch. You replied to my post but it doesn't have the (You).

Did mods remove (You)'s????

FUCK

Do you really need to swift the Aero 3? won't the initial holy stun last long enough for you to cast it?

SAY MY NAME!

He's only just hit 50. Still he should have listed:
youtube.com/watch?v=MDG1rIz1S7k

goddam newfags being fresh off the boat

it's Cred Forums freaking out, it happens every so often.

Lalafells

Just sign up and do it nigga, nothing in this game outside savage/extreme stuff is so complex that you can't get by just going in blind.

You're now overgeared for A12S actually. :^)

Mr Happy's vid sucks dick, for EX just run away from blue, and for the clones, run to the first set of tether'd clones. Other than that, gotta watchout for random "daughter" appearing.

Hopes for Stormblood?

>New tank and melee DPS that actually fit in the expansion lore
>Skills revisited so I don't have shit like Haymaker and my LNC rotation has more than 1 button between 8 and 30~
>Steal the current talent system from WoW
>Ishgard housing
>PS3 is dropped with mounts in cities and the amount of loading zones are reduced
>4 mans with difficulty somewhere between regular trials and ex trials

how do I get more recruits?

I kinda got a general idea of how to Tank. I normally Melee DPS with DRG, so I'm trying my best to get used to it but I'm all too familiar with nearly dying all the time as DRG that I'm apprehensive about trying a 50+ Dungeon.

Aero 3 has overall a lot more potency than Holy and consume less mp.
There's no point to swiftcast another holy after another and Aero3 has also 3sec cast like Holy.

I thought that was how it worked and I was really confused when I looked at my book later to see all the stickers misaligned with the tasks I completed.

Still need to beat the normal version and alex.
Lazinessss.

yeah bud, LB isn't affected by self applied buffs.

do challenge log shit, seems to be random whether or not you get one

I consider myself pretty good at the game, but i'm not good enough to effectively heal A12S at ilvl 240 lmao. Maybe 250. I give my static around a month before we probably clear.

1.0 style cutscenes

The only thing that changes LB is the party item level.

>implying i just won't retry my daily ex run for easy stickers

SEPHIROT!

A9S isn't hard and doesn't require cutting edge gear. If you're 240ish from the last patch then that's enough to get to at least A11S

>This is your recruit

Dismiss

Effort

Don't solo it, just queue matched. You'll get thrown into a floor 1-10 run with a bunch of other people who probably wont say anything and scatter to the four winds.

Run around and stab literally everything, and grab every chest.

Bronze chests are just potions and -RARELY- a Potsherd. Potsherds are just things you turn in later for loot outside the palace. Sometimes these turn into mimics that will give you literal AIDS, kill them fast.

Silver chests will randomly enhance your armor and weapon. This caps out at +30 and if you get both to +30 then you get to KEEP that weapon outside of the PotD. These are ilvl 235 weapons and not that bad really. Sometimes silver chests just explode for no reason other than "fuck you."

Gold is a random Pomander. Pomanders are consumable items that the party shares a single inventory of, and they stack up to 3 per type. They each have a specific effect you can get a general idea of by reading the description. The str/def buff ones last about 8 minutes. Sometimes these are also mimics.

Sometimes you might hit an invisible trap on the floor. Shit happens.

Floors 1-10 are literally scatter, kill everything, grab everything, make your way to the exit which is marked by a key icon on the minimap.

Floors 11-20 are still easy, but its generally a good idea to stick together anyway. Green slimes will wipe a party if you don't kill them fast enough.

Floors 21-30 will actually start to kill people if they do dumb shit. Stick together, clear rooms that have chests, ignore rooms that don't have chests (you can see a chest icon on the minimap) Sometimes you'll have retards who want to clear EVERY ROOM EVER. Tough luck.

31-40, Now you absolutely need to stick together. Normal dungeon running strategies should apply here. Pull mobs and blitz them down. Skip rooms with no chests.

41-50 You'll be max level by now, so you really don't need to fight everything. Just enough to make it to the next floor.

I've been doing the MSQ and haven't fought Ramuh yet though,Alphinaud just suggested that we gtfo of Vesper Bay

Of course you don't whip it out after the first holy.

It's far more convenient to precast Aero III while the tank's grouping shit up so it lands by the time everything actually has instead of waiting for shit to settle before you can holy in the first place. You're also maximizing its duration on as many mobs as possible that way.

I wish I could make gil that way

>Sometimes these are also mimics.
Never ever seen a gold chest be a mimic

Anyone play on Goblin?

I fucking hope she cries forever

All the primals have great music.

Even Shiva, despite what some people claim.

>Bronze chests are just potions and -RARELY- a Potsherd. Potsherds are just things you turn in later for loot outside the palace. Sometimes these turn into mimics that will give you literal AIDS, kill them fast.
Bronze chests also drop that pom that let you see the hoard something which was add in 3.4.

Gold mimics are some bullshit, they're immune to stun so if you're too slow then someone is getting pox'd

Fuck off fags

I thought that was just when they hit level 60.

Either way, fuck mimics and fuck people who use alteration

what's RMT?

a9s dps check is very light

shiva's theme is great, until the second phase hits

So theoretically, I could take my level 35 Summoner, queue up for PotD and then level it up to 50?

I appreciate the help

Real money trade

Thinking about it, I haven't had a gilseller on gilga since patch day either.

Real Money Trading, basically chinese farmer bots who spam /tell you to buy their gils with real money.

>tfw last trial I enjoyed was Sephirot

Nidd and Soph don't click for me.

I just prefer fights from that guy who made Titan.

There is literally nothing wrong with cute elves.

Yes.
In both the sense that in PotD you'd get all new skills you haven't used on your bar, and in the sense that PotD gives you EXP at the end of each floors.
Can get to 60 inside PotD too, not even just 50. Try out Deathflare, etc.
But yes.

You'll get a good chunk of exp in the real world and you can level past your actual level in PotD. This lets you try new moves out and set up your hotbars early and basically practice your endgame rotation.

Gil sellers pretty much dont exist on gilga/balmung because the servers are 24/7 closed for new characters due to overpopulation.

Before 3.4 I had a blacklist full of gil sellers, i'm sure it's coincidence but there're plenty on gilga

Actually since the update, I haven't got a single RMT tell on Leviathan and I play over 6+ hours per days.

Don't mistake me, your levels in PotD are only for PotD. You start at level 1 on floor 1, and you hit level 60 around floor 40+.

Every 10 floors you get a pretty huge chunk of EXP for your actual real class, but you don't get to keep your level 60 from inside the dungeon.

It's a great way to get a feel for how a class plays late game, also your hotbar will be covered in new skills you wont be able to use for a while in the normal game.

So I might just sub for a month to see what's different.

I quit in 2.4.

Is there a webpage that can catch me up on what's all new in general that's been changed since then?
Like, Hunts were just introduced when I left or some shit. I'm still lost on what they were.

they exist, they just aren't able to spam because they can't make new characters constantly so they have to focus on the farming part

About to level my DRK and AST. Is POTD worth missing out on the tomes or should I stick to dungeons?

Prepare for a lot of story.

Ah, so PotD level is different than Actual Level. Makes sense.

It's a shame that I can't powerlevel through PotD to immediately get to 50 for all my War/Magic classes

just play the game, once you log in it tells you all the new shit anyways

...even the doll, should it please you

I mean, other shit user.

What classes are new?
What races are new?
What areas are new?
What are new mechanics in terms of 'wasting time'?
What replaced Crystal Tower for shitters?
How does end game work?
What is other shit beside PvP to waste your time?
etc

I heard every class was 50->60, what else?

POTD it, now the Accursed Hoard is a thing. If you're lucky, you can make some good money. Things like baby opo-opo's in my personal experience, heard someone got a lesser panda, materia V, I don't know what the entire list of minions you can get in the hoards is but who knows, you might get the really valuable ones

You can, actually. The EXP is amazing in there.
Took me about three days of being really fucking lazy with doing 1-20 runs over and over to get a class to 50.

Probably could have done it in a day if I didn't alt tab and refresh Cred Forums for an hour in between runs.

Probably not just one page, you've got a lot to catch up on.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/

Best I can think of.

Yeah it's different, I definitely recommend just joining it and trying it out. There's new Accursed Hoard which gives you an item to use outside of PotD that is a random chance to be anything (free $$$, essentially) as well as Potsherds that give you free V materia. It's just fun, has 10/10 music and is comfy. If you could powerlevel to 50 with just PotD though it'd only take you like an hour lol.

look on ribbit, there's always one nerd that makes a catchup post

Those timestop beats make me cum everytime
>Being frozen in time as he charges his lasers in your face

Thanks nigga

What's with all the xiv threads having to start off like this? I swear it's shilling or a meme, just say FFXIV thread and be done, don't bother asking useless questions like is it good or I am a returning player. kill yourself

>until the second phase hits

Oblivion is like the Berserk OP. I hated it at first but now I really like it. It's catchy and always gets me hyped. The version on the Astral to Umbral album is even better because it fixes the shaky vocals from the ingame track.

OPEN MY EYES, NOW HERE I COME

O-
BLI-
VI-
OOOOONNNNNN

AND THEN ONE STEP FOR-WARD

This song will be playing in my house. Forever. I think I'm going to have to make a playlist of just all Alex songs, they're all so fucking good.

It's like how Star Trek threads have the same copy pasta of Gul Dukat or how MonHun threads start with complaining about MonHun. It's just funny user, get over it.

see
You're not alone. I swear its just /vg/ shitter shilling every fucking day.

>DRG gets creamed first thing

Shocker.

Screeenshot of that Elezen saying Now that the dust has settled?

Are you fucking kidding me, Koji?
What next?
>Now that the dust has settled, I've put 5,000 hours into Final Fantasy XIV, is it a good game? What should I expect?

>What classes are new?
dark knight(greatsword), astrologian(astro globe), machinist(gun)
>What races are new?
au ra
>What areas are new?
everything north and west of coerthas central highlands, and some spoiler zones
>What are new mechanics in terms of 'wasting time'?
a bunch of shit
>What replaced Crystal Tower for shitters?
void ark
>How does end game work?
it just werks
>What is other shit beside PvP to waste your time?
you already asked that

>What classes are new?
Machinist (Ranged DPS), Dark Knight (Tank), Astrologian (Healer)

>What races are new?
Au'Ra - some half dragon half human shit which actually translates to tall males with scales and female midlanders with scales

>What areas are new?
There's a bunch. They're mostly annoying to navigate until you unlock flying

More or less the same grinds you were doing back then. More tomes, more beast quests, more relics. There are new systems like Palace of the Dead which are random dungeon like things that net you xp, gear, and other valuable stuff. Can be solo'd or done as as group. Comp doesn't matter.

Diadem was a raid type thing where you went out to fight hunt monsters for random drops (as in random stats). It's dead

Lord of Verminion is an RTS-style mini game that is also dead.

Maps have a chance to spawn a portal to a mini-dungeon that can get you valuable stuff as well.

More 24-man raids. The new one wipes people even more than the rest.

>How does end game work?
Same as before only with Normal Mode raids for people who want to see the story, and Savage for everyone who wants challenge. Except the first raid was garbage, the second was better but still had lower clear numbers than the first. Impressions are good for the third so far.

>What is other shit beside PvP to waste your time?
See above

i really dont like this theme, has the same issue the ost in smt nocturne had where the lyrics sound like a compressed 2003 video

Sounds like your healers were shit if they couldn't handle that babby bleed

>What classes are new?
Astrologian, Dark Knight, and Mechanic
>What races are new?
Au ra, essentially dragongirls.
>What areas are new?
Ishgard and ishgard accesories
Not pet battles, Diadem (ded), Lufia's ancient cave and recently wondrous tails and notgarrison.
Void Ark and Alex normal mode, Ozma used to eat shitters for breakfast
>How does end game work?
Alex savage, the first two wings were pretty hard, but it seems this time it's easier.
There is also pony farm 2.0, I guess.

Nice.

You are honestly overestimating the tuning of these fights.

To put things in perspective, A10S was cleared by most groups in around 9 minutes, with deaths and sub-optimal play. There are clears at almost 12 minutes with no enrage to be seen on FFLogs right now. That's how loose the tuning is on these fights.

Thank you for your replies.

Some things never change.

I have + 500 hours in the game and I've never done an extreme version of a trail or a raid.

congrats you're the shitter audience most themepark MMOs try to cater to

how boring

ok

Airy lo-fi distortion is the [A E S T H E T I C] of all the Alex boss music though.

>1.0 was released 6 years ago today

Can someone tell me where you get a micro tomestone from

There's a character in the new Hildibrand quests who boldly declared that you will "be ashamed of your words and seeds. I forgot to screencap it.

Alex 12 gear drops.
You won't be able to get the shire weapon for 7 weeks.

That's literally me

probably alexandrian gear x7 like the midan ones but i haven't actually checked

You need 7 gears from A12 normal which drop once a week.

Have you tried a microscope

7 gears from killing the soul of the creator, which is 7 weeks

Some of the Dragoon's skills could be merged like wheeling thrust/Claw & Fang they do the same amount of damage based on positioning and doesn't require much skill to just move to the side or behind an enemy.

>Join PF for Sophia Extreme Clear Party as Paladin
>Group fills
>Figure partners and mechanics
All right things are looking good. Everyone seems to have their shit together. Maybe I will clear with this group
>Ninja starts a pull macro when I was looking off screen and come back to the party pulling
>Others are not ready either
>wipe
Hey don't use your macro if you are not tanking ok?
>Start countdown
>Ninja says to stop and cancel the countdown after everyone finished blowing cooldowns for pull.
>"We do my macro."
>He mixes his macro and starts his own countdown.
Fuck it.
>Leave party.

Autism.

Beat A10S and win a roll or 7 weeks of A12N.

Wodds and DEEDS, ducking autocorrect.

>>tfw Nods to every FF game in existence
You're the 10% of people that play this game and have played a FF game prior.

I don't get it, never heard that on Cred Forums before.

And I still ain't done memebrand in HW

Goodnight sweet prince...

Seriously what's the point of using those macro when there's a countdown now?
Especially if you're not tanking for fuck's sake?!

I had a retard like this in my first A11, it was fucking annoying since he cancelled the normal countdown everytime because he wanted to us HIS.

I'm here... I'm here...

SKEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIITH!!!

I thought we were supposed to get the Korean traditional dresses as well?

Anyone heard anything about when they'll implemented?

But the countdown feature doesn't let me plaster annoying sound effects and messages into the party chat.

You are aware that "now that the dust has settled" is only a dumb meme here right

EIGHTEEN DOLLARY DOO

They're in the data files, they just have to let you actually buy it. Maybe next patch.

>You're the 10% of people that play this game and have played a FF game prior.

Then why is my server flooded with a billion Rinoas and Leonharts. Don't say 'because it's the weeb server', they're all fucking weeb servers.

How long until the maintenance ends?

SEVEN
DOLLAR
EMOTE

just under 2 hours from now.

2 hours

52 minutes, I think

>beep, boop boop boop
>beeISE WITH ME RISE WITH ME RISE WITH ME
10/10

Just under 3 hours. It'll probably end sooner though.

Get out Haseo.

>I just don't understand why it wasn't called Ark in english.
Koji Fox hates Final Fantasy IX. probably

What about the $100+ that comes with an Odin statue?

it's probably not a reference at all, but when hideo kojima was reponding to people getting upset over quiet's clothing, he said they would "be ashamed of their words and deeds." but to top the whole thing off, the reason for quiet being half naked was really stupid ass pull bullshit anyways, so the whole thing was amusing

Here you go.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Ox9357ljQw

>WAAHH SE IS FORCING ME TO BUY SHIT FROM THE STORE

Disregard me, it's two.

>Proto-Ultima trial on Fanfest/next patch
Get moderately hyped for more rehashed mechanics

Lalafells are actually meant to look like classic Final Fantasy sprites if that makes sense, like how in battles from IV-VI they look chibi-fied.

>I just don't understand why it wasn't called Ark in english.

Cruise Chaser Blassty is an old pre-FF1 game that Nobuo Uematsu worked on, it was also the inspiration for the Ark summon to begin with.

>and not be a burden

Dude yeah, you're really nailing those world first savage clears aren't yo-- Oh wait.

There's loads of simpsons quotes in the new Hildibrand quests too. The HW Hildibrand quests are pretty disappointing. Not as much action, no trials, boring story.

Take a look at your Creator Savage wrapon and see if you're still laughing.

Because it's the 30th anniversary of Cruise Chaser Blassty

>tfw get the urge to resub but know its just going to be a weekly lockout grind just like always
nice to know the alex gear in this tier is ugly as fuck, hopefully theres people that queue for this content next year when the expansion drops

>I swear they took the design for the Lalafell straight from Tactics
They're literally Taru Taru but with human noses

>wwn get the Son Goku cloud mount

Shit taste

I still can't believe it.

And none of this money will go to improve XIV.
I expect fanfest to be shit

Newly minted 53 DRK here again, while maintenance is ongoing, any tips on not being a total faggot Tank? I hate taking the lead normally, but am wanting to broaden my view.

>Sophia's head is just a reskin of Edda's husband which is a reskin of a ahriman

Play DPS for a while and watch how good tanks do it.

Ah, that that's pretty cool.

I think I'm finally gonna give savage a try mainly for that awesome robot mount.

How are they compared to Ex trials?

>And none of this money will go to improve XIV
You bet your ass it won't. It's going to another castle rental for another well deserved vacation before anything else.

No it's not, lay off the drugs.

manage your MP don't let darkside fall off. Turn off darkside inbetween pulls to regen MP if you need to.

>ywn TRANSFOOOORM! with Brute Justice at your side

youtube.com/watch?v=wLCWCPyxByg

I don't think I'll ever stop getting just a little bit upset when I see the people directly named after anime characters

I sometimes wonder if they're self aware

Also "goodnight sweet prince".

They probably spent more on that castle rental than the EU fanfest, that was a joke, didn't even have real archery like NA's

I do it out of habit since I have num 1 - 5 bound to marks. Plus it lets my healer friend I always run with know what I'm shooting for next.

I've had faggots accuse me of cheating/botting because I tab mark 123 so quickly. (Who the fuck would cheat doing that?)

Alexander feels like more and more of a threat as the story progresses, once you actually start to see Quickthinx unravel your work each time and Alex gets his head in the game to begin the real aether vacuuming.

And also get frustrated at bad tanks.

However you'll also get a better appreciation of why staying the fuck still and clumping mobs is important.

I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing

But I love everything about it. Yoshi P seems to be the only director that wants Final Fantasy to actually succeed, and not just with easter eggs and nostalgia to the fans that grew up playing the games, but a legitimately GOOD story of adventure, magic, and fantasy.

I do have a ilevel 224 DRG that I main, but my observation I feel has only taken me so far.

Kinda wish there was a more obvious way of telling me by the game, "you're ready" other than the Newbie School's training and Sky, Stone, Sea for Alt classes.

Is it really that simple? I've been doing that with FATE grinding for a while.

Once you know that you're not doing something blatantly wrong, which you can tell by having mobs not attacking you when AoE dps is going off them, your expertise will come in time.

If you don't think you're making blatant mistakes, you'll get the ins and outs yourself as you play.

>tfw didn't play many FF titles but part of the 0.0001% that gets the einhander references

It's a really great game, arguably the best mmo of its type in the market, but there's some pretty big differences between it and other games. Its mostly due to the philosophy behind the game, so I won't list technical differences.

The big difference in FFXIV is that unlike other mmos, its goal is to achieve a single huge cohesive game, in which all content is used and is beneficial to the LONG TERM of the game. Everytime a piece of content is added, it's not just presented as the current content. It's integrated into a larger scheme, or framework, in which it will forever hang in its place. Never forgotten, never unused. It's a permanent addition.

Unlike other mmos which burn through patch content, always in a hurry to get to the "next new thing" it doesn't do that. It released a total emphasis on endgame and instead offers many of the activities you can do at endgame long before endgame, and allows players of all levels to participate in that content.

Just think of it like sandcastles. Most mmos build many small castles of disposable content that's to be used and forgotten. FFXIV doesn't do that. FFXIV is just one really big sandcastle.

I don't know what its like for other people, but other MMOs to me seem like a "do the patch and I'm done until the next patch" kind of thing. But there's such an insane amount of stuff to do, and I've met so many great people to talk to while doing it in this game that its more like an oldschool MMO that I get totally lost in. I get totally addicted, always excited to play, always having something to do and another goal to pursue. It just feels like it never ends with this game for me...

I've had two different Doffys this week alone.

>Post release day
>Learning Normal Alex with everyone
>Wiping 2 or 3 times on A9 until we get the mechanics, everything's fine
>Wiping once on A10 we get the mechanics fairly quickly everything is fine
>Suddenly A11
>We keep wiping because the WHM can't keep up and keep on dying
>Have to rez him at least twice per fight
>I can't heal enough alone since all the DPS are eating the mechanics left and right instead of dodging
>For some reason the MT, OT and one of the DPS are trying to put the blame on me
>We keep wiping again and again and the MT still put the blame on me that I should "learn to play" or "uninstall"
>After 30min of this bullshit I check the parties description
>The OT, MT, WHM and 2 DPS are in the same FC
>They are probably putting the blame on me every time because they didn't want to hurt their WHM feelings
>Call him out of his bullshit and tell the WHM to learn to play and try to give him some advice will bantering its ass
>Mfw they kick me

I enjoyed that little nod even if the dungeon sucked.

Time to pull up the soundtrack again...

Dropped Darkside not only reduces your damage output but will prevent you from casting certain abilities entirely.

It's DRK's backbone skill.

>Never forgotten, never unused.

Unless it's the Hydra/Chimaera trials.

>easiest raid ever
>still can't find 7 people
>still don't have time to commit

Oh well, the savage gear model looks like ass and the alex gear in general is awful looking.

But unlike Bahamut, there's no real change in the world itself, there's no sense of treat because of that.

God dammit

not really even surprising, it was just a matter of who got their hands on them

>just toss them off the bridge it's cool, btw dinner later?

Sounds like some sour grapes, user.

>mfw I see someone say this game has good creative enemy design
Ignorance is bliss afterall. I feel like I should tell them sometimes.

>Keep Darkside up at all times.
>Use Unleash to establish AoE on packs. Pop Salted Earth to keep it going. Use Salted Earth on single targets too for extra damage.
>Alternate your targets to keep enmity on all of them.
>The Delirium combo is your main filler since it does the most damage and applies the INT debuff, plus Syphon Strike restores MP.
>Use Soul Eater with Dark Arts, and only use the Power Slash combo if you need the extra enmity.
>Pull more packs if you think your healer can handle it.
>Use cooldowns on trash, get a feel for if/when you're taking enough damage to pop more than one.
>Shadow Wall is for heavy mitigation. Alternate your other cooldowns (Dark Dance, Shadowskin) for basic mitigation.
>Use Blood Price to restore your MP, then use the surplus MP on Dark Arts. Some are good for mitigation, others are good for damage.
>Use Dark Mind if the enemy uses magic attacks.
>On packs of 4 or more, pop Blood Price and spam Abyssal Drain (with Dark Arts if you have enough MP). Unlocks at lvl 56.
>Try to keep enemies in one place. Position them so they are grouped up together, then don't move around much except to dodge AoEs. If an enemy casts an AoE, move out, then move back to your original position when it's finished casting.

>Tfw you see this kind of faggotry

>mfw this constantly happens and keep reading posts saying this game has the greatest mmo community of all time

naw fuck off with that gay shit, the moment these fuckers have another retard backing them up their ego and stubbornes blows up. this game has made me cynical as fuck as to who i get queued with in the df

It was that Knight of Darkness. He had that shit eating grin when he saw them get tossed into the abyss and jumped down after them.

Most of everything you just said is flat out wrong, even by Yoshi P's standards.

Seriously holy shit, you are the mythical retard I like to refer to when talking about some of the more rabid members of the fanbase.

Never forgotten?

Patch content doesn't get burned through?

Insane amount of things to do?

Old-school MMO?

What the fuck are you talking about?

I'd like to see actual new enemies in 4.0, but if WoW can get away with only introducing 1 new skeleton in 6 years, then I guess FFXIV can too.

_FIEND!_

His mind is blown by level sync and duty roulette features, let him be.

But I love crocs.

What exactly is this? Besides autism?

is it taking the piss out of that webm where some dude spends 10 years chanting attack names?

you can macro your skills to say things

I don't particularly mind the asset reuse. I think the Clockwork Knights look more in place in Eorzea than they do Pulse, now if only they removed the pulsian language on them. But yeah take a shot every time you see the cyclops skeleton reused, you'll be dead.

It's from an anime called Overlord and he's replicating this.
youtube.com/watch?v=6dxICJHd518

That dude actually buffs himself before he takes on a raid boss tier enemy that's just standing there waiting until someone pulls her.

Well, for example:

I'm so used to Melee DPS strategy of, "Avoid bad circles, stay behind boss, do mechanics if needed"

But then I read things like Shiva's Sword/Arrow/Staff Stance and in the many many times I've run it I have no idea what comes when and what to do during it. I know things like the add phase and the AOE circles, but not the stances. Most guides I've seen on youtube are either too much information for my Aphasia-addled mind as they cram in as much info as possible or super vague.

Having anxiety issues doesn't help either.

This helps a bit, thanks.

It's from an anime called Overlord and the guy saying those spell names is a character from it and in one episode iirc he says all of those spell names.

That's not quite as bad then because it's clearly taking the piss to some degree. It's not like he's genuinely pretending to be Naruto

My mind is blown by their post.

I do not mean to knock them got having fun with the game. If they're having fun then absolutely more power to them. In fact, I wish I enjoyed the game as much as that.

It's just that much of what they said isn't quite right.

He was a DRK, and literally named the character like the MC of the anime while saying the same thing of the scene in the anime with a macro.

That's pretty high up there in my opinion.

>tfw got thrown straight into Ozma by my FC as soon as I finished getting enough ilvl to get into it

Only wiped twice but jesus christ I never want to do that again. My heart cant take that kind of stress. I just want more cozy 4 player dungeons with less piles of HP sponge enemies.

>got
For

>taking the piss

too much faith

Well you're in luck. You'll get two new dungeons every 3-6 months.

The thing is that when people explain mechanics, they usually talk about everything the boss does instead of framing it from the perspective of a single role. As just one person in the group, your actual responsibilities are a lot less than dealing with every single thing the boss does.

It's really just a matter of practice until you're familiar with various mechanics. Shit like Ozma seems nightmarish at first but once you've seen everything he can throw at you, you realize it's actually not that bad.

How do you feel about suncats?

>not enjoying tanking one centimeter from an instant death fall and avoiding AoEs and lasers on a platform less than half the size of an inn room

Shit's fun, yo.

I find them cute but also hate Miqo'te in general.

So, conflicted would be my answer.

It's not taking the piss, it's directly quoting it while using the character's name.

I bet that fucker isn't even dressed like a skeleton. Shit, I bet he's not even playing a mage. It's a bizarre constant where anyone willing to be an obnoxious faggot about their weaboo status must also half ass it in one way or another.

They're okay

that fight has like 4 mechanics for dps, 5 for healers, cmon man it aint that bad

I wish they had fangs like mooncats.

I like cats.
I just dislike most people who play as them,
but not to the same degree of potato players.

I used to be in the same position and then I decided to roll one while checking out a friend's house on another server.

I used a fantasia on my home server shortly after.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9234208823458208589/member/

Oh wow, even his wife is called Albeno
>It's c@ instead of female Aura with Succubus horn

So basically, nut up and set up a PF for practice runs? Don't really have an active FC that will help me.

Making money period just seems to be beyond me, in game and irl. It's almost as obscure as magic to me.

Check this shit out

Shoulda' exploited that day one rush.

For Extreme stuff yeah. Savage usually requires a consistent group, but most people don't even bother with Savage. Everything else you can just queue for. If you're nervous watch a video, but for 4-mans even that isn't necessary since almost nothing in them is strong enough to be lethal.

>c@boy with a "Tia" surname

Like, the dudes who do this do know that lore wise, Tia's are the c@boys who no c@pussy right? they're just lonely outcast virgins?

Meanwhile I changed to one and only lasted a few hours before I changed back. Something about playing one just makes me feel dirty.

And I would love to be able to make a stern/serious fem cat doesn't have a dumb look on her face as her default expression.

Bahamut may be a super-powered primal, but Alexander can literally rewrite time. Such as having the Illuminati crush the world's resistance, or as told at the very end, stop by and get rid of Dalamud, preventing the Calamity. Alexander could cause all of Bahamut's 'threat' to cease in an instant.

slutty dumb suncat scum

basically. If its your first time just say so, otherwise you're gonna get flamed

yeah, I'm mainly worried about Trials & Raids. Don't feel confident enough for them yet.

Who is more lewd? J'rhoomale or the Devout of Darkness?

It's not that Tias are outcasts, it's just that every male who isn't a breeding male is a Tia. A Tia can become a breeding male (Nunh) by defeating an existing Nunh or starting their own tribe.

Lore-wise it makes no sense for players to be Nunhs, so you either go with Tia or choose to play a Moonkeeper instead.

The Roe

>someone who chooses a Tia name
>Alpha enough to claim a whole posse of pussy

Nah

usually do note that I'm a learning tank. Haven't gotten any trash talkers but did get a few drop outs once noted.

>too afraid of fucking up in PF and developing a bad reputation on my server to PF anything
Even learning parties for content I have already cleared with my static make me nervous. Mostly just because I get accustomed to how my static does it, and can fuck up hard when trying new methods.

Any advice for getting over PF anxiety in general?

Buy low, sell high.

Normal-difficulty stuff is easy, even the trials and raids. I like to do it patch day when everyone is going in blind and it usually only takes a few tries to figure out what to do. Even if you don't watch a video, as long as you're not in a crucial role like healer or MT you can usually learn as you go and the others can pick up the slack.

Man, cats became so much bearable when Auras came. The number of catgirls disapearing was staggering, and for the greater good. Now we can all hate on the dragirls

How do you know what's low, and even if you do buy low, what if the market never adjusts enough for you to sell high?

I mean, sure lorewise Alex is great and threatening.
But what I'm saying is that, without any real or visual damage to the land, Alex isn't that threatening at all, there's no real proof of its strength outside the raid and that's because it's just a sidequest while Coil is directly linked to the story of the game and the reason behind FFXIV ARR lore wise.
Everywhere you move on Eorzea you see the damage of Bahamut, you see its strenght, while they couldn't do that for Alex.

Imagine if they dried the land around Alex when he moved out of the bubles which would change the landscape completely, that would have been a lot more interesting and push people to do the raid.

>defeating an existing Nunh

I'd fistfight a catboi if it meant a willing harem of catsluts if I won.

alcohol

Aren't items listed under the retainer names?

>Something about playing one just makes me feel dirty.
I get what your saying, I just let it stop bothering me.

What really won me over was how much more expressive the gestures were over my old boringlander and all the facial expressions don't look like varying degrees of discomfort any more.

New player here, why does every dungeon have the same orange/blue ghost enemies

There isn't a day that goes by that I do not feel guilty for playing a female Au'Ra. Picking popular race/gender combos clashes with my inner-hipster.

But I like her, so it's hard to want to change to anything else...

play with your statics healslut so she can just boost your confidence

>win a Sophia bead
>ALRIGHT TIME TO MAKE MONEY
>It already dropped below 700k
Son of a bitch.
At least the barding looks nice.

They are very expressive and have some of the best emotes. Not to mention, the best racial gear if that's your thing.

I still can't get over their default dumb smile expression. It's hard.

>named and themed himself after "the strongest magic caster"
>looks exactly like every other derk
>highest magic class is fucking 15

Every time, without fail.

Probably the best part of the story.

Gul'dan and the Legion MUST be stopped!

if an item is crafted, it will say the crafter's name

I'd rather just learn how to not be a bitch so I can actually play with my server and not have to rely on my static for everything.

It's such a shitty to not interact with your servers community at all. I expect PF to be shit but id probably make more friends if I did stuff in it.

>those teeth

>Ravana's forewing sell for 1M
>I bought the one up to 100k on the MB as soon as I saw the new weapon effect on the trailer and made around 27M so far

I have no idea what you're referring to.

Click on the sale history of the item and look at the average sale price to see what "low" is.
If the price of something never variates and you can't buy low to sell high, it's not a viable money maker.

Sucks he's gone now. I thought it was really cool to have a rival.

Speaking of great emotes, why the fuck are Highlander men so unpopular?

Fujos dont like them

The whole after-battle scene with them trying to cheer eachother up broke my heart.

You can make a decent amount of money starting out selling consumables like crafting mats, food, or glamour prisms. And there's a function in game to check when and at what price items have been selling on the MB. So pricing something at 100,000g in stacks of twenty when you can check that it's been selling for 1,000 in stacks of one for the last 2 months is pretty dumb when that info is available right there.

if you're on gigla, you're not missing out on anything positive by playing with your static

No eyebrows and I would rather play a female highlander because holy shit that hempen set on them is too good.

They are pretty goofy looking except for a few combinations. No eyebrows looks weird. The game seems to treat them as a joke a lot.

I play one though.

I can see that. I would have thought they would be popular, but not to that extend. Might be just my server, but there are so many of you there. I even tried to get some of the old catgirls that changed back to their normal self, without luck.

No eyebrows and generally ugly mugs.

But they got a new Zyzz pose to make up for it.

That's because they are low level mobs for low level dungeons
When you'll go up in level there will be more mob diversity don't worry.

New general, bros?

I'm on Leviathan.

I really like Overlord too, but holy hell.

You'd think if he's going to play a DRK, he'd use Ainz's alter ego, Momon.

>Nobody has CUL Spec
>New BLM food is 100k a piece on Gilgamesh

What the fuck I just wanted to go fast.

Maybe good to take a break. These threads are best when they're not back to back over here.

These things

drop from A11S or 7 weeks of a12 normal

WHO TEAM /STILL DONT EVEN HAVE A THORDAN EX CLEAR/ HERE?

No clue, but they just got the best emote in the game and I want it.

It's just a balloon deemed unsafe for public use.

Here.
;_;

dont spam the thread too much, although with all the shit on Cred Forums lately im pretty sure all the mods quit or something

Can I play yet?

I never bothered to go back for Thordan since he came out in the one patch I haven't been around for in HW.

one of the worst running animations in the game. They run like have a stick up their asses

I wasn't playing when it was relevant and I'm not interested in doing it now it's not.

With my balls? Sure.

I've never even touched an extreme

new food? what are the stats for the food?

I never even touched ravana ex

Keep your balls away from me.