What video games are plagued with filler that makes the game last 14 years?

What video games are plagued with filler that makes the game last 14 years?

Any MMO

Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, any Blizzard game.

>Metal Gear
>filler

Any MGS after 4 has essentially been filler.

Well metal gear needed several games to flesh everything out

you cant just say "oh btw this happened but it was 30 years ago we wont go into more detail"

Kingdom Hearts.

Beat me to it.

Anyone else play UNS4? Just bought it on a sale and beat the main story today. Pretty good game imo

Jokes on you. It's actually 15 years.

Are you implying Storm 4's filler is plague? It has consistently done the story better than both the anime and manga.

Every single JRPG
And it's not 14 hours, it's usually 90-150 hours.

Why do so many shonen series have side characters that are more likeable than it's protags? It's almost like it's inevitable that shonen series end up with faggot protags you just want to die.

I mean in Naruto has Rock Lee and all the other Leaf Ninja. Dragon Ball has Piccolo, Vegeta and Trunks. Not big into One Piece, but isn't Luffy's act getting old after 10+ years, or does it manage to skirt around this issue.

metal gear solid 5

Storm 4 is good, this is just a thinly veiled anime thread :^)

Luffy is still quite likable because his goal always remains relevant, though he lacks character development recently. The entire point of One Piece is to have likable side characters, though, since that's the nature of it being pirate-themed.

Okay, well is Pirate Warriors 3 a good way of getting the gist of the series?

Haven't followed One Piece since I was like 12 and the Manga/Anime is waaaay too fucking long jesus christ.

OP said years you illiterate rectal aberration

>Not big into One Piece, but isn't Luffy's act getting old after 10+ years, or does it manage to skirt around this issue.

Honestly who cares about Luffy at this point?

Change JRPG to MMORPG then and add "per quest/expansion/storyline" at the end.

nice meme

I mean, yeah, if you don't feel like wasting time to watch hundreds of episodes to catch up, it's worth it to get the basic story. You'll miss a lot of key elements but it's hit-or-miss.

I haven't played the new one, but it sounds like the original Dragon Quest 7 is what you want.

>that moment when filler is good

It ackshually got released in 2002 so perfect example

I thought about this too, if they replaced Naruto with Shikamaru and Rock Lee it'd be way better

DQ7's PS1 version had a lot of "filler" content.

they did a good job with the last two episodes.

Definitely MMOs.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning was only ridiculously long because of the side quests. The main questline was like 8-10 hours long.