Microsoft just made this backwards compatible. It's $35 used on amazon

Should I pull the trigger? Or save my cash for FFXV.

do it, best jrpg of last gen

Found it for $20 at gamestop. Thanks user.

I literally picked it up at a GameStop 6.5 miless away from my home for $15 today. You got screwed, user.

The writing of the game is what really makes it stands out from other JRPG's. The story and Turn base combat is also unique. I would say if you haven't played it yet I would drop thirty dollars on it. It's a good game.

It's literally what FF13 could've been. Easily the best JRPG of the gen it's from.

Jansen a best.

I just had it shipped from gamestop for $15 (and $5 shipping).

Lost Odyssey was the best fucking JRPG from last gen. I would say buy it but that's cause I'm biased and don't care for FFXV.

I remember buying the game for $18 on eBay from spicland when it was still $60 here in burgerland.

Ace Combat 6 & Ninja Gaiden 2 WHEN?
HOLY SHIT

PULL IT

Shiiiit. So I'm now definitely getting an Xbox one.

OP here. Just got it for $20

Great game but not the best JRPG from it's gen, not by a long shot, the game has many holdovers and flaws but it's great.

However it's not worth paying $35 dollars for that is laughably bad, I'm in aussie and I paid $20 for a brand new copy like 5 years ago.
Find it cheaper or buy a different game.

If you have any questions now is the time to ask. I'm sure me and some other anons will love to answer your questions and give you some hints.

What do you consider the best JRPG from the last gen then?

>tfw you never finished Lost Odyssey

>$20
Man they are inflating the shit out of old games. I got it for 10€ when it still semi-relevant.

Still a good purchase. Best of its gen.

if you still like turn based games then yeah. it's not as flashy or CGI filled as FF13 but the combat is better. music is pretty good too.

>tfw I don't know that feel
Go play it.

>get to the final boss
>cant beat it because its too hard
>decide to just do the optional content
>final boss becomes a complete cakewalk and all sense of impact is taken away from the ending

boy rip

I would say it's a decent price. But to each their own.

On Ebay new copies are going for upward of $60

Yea, there are parts of the game if you don't have a certain skill or item it can make some of the boss battles difficult.

>it's real

holy fucking shit

100% buying an Xbone now for black friday. Fucking finally.

>final boss becomes a complete cakewalk
True
>and all sense of impact is taken away from the ending
Maybe if you don't like jrpgs. Are you one of the those that bitch about fights you win then lose in the cutscene too?

Do they not make the games downloadable when they add the backwards compatability?

Pros:
>stunning soundtrack
>gorgeous visuals that have aged quite well
>passable voice acting
>tugs your heartstrings with both the main story and the side stories
>decent level of thought required for fight strategizing
>adequate side content

Cons
>extremely predictable story
>same difficulty formula throughout (regular enemies are a breeze, bosses are batshit insanely hard if you haven't farmed an autistic amount)
>end-game party dynamic is literally always the same because of how the leveling works
>the fucking kids
>pretty sure you can't actually lose to the final boss
>the Collect All Treasure achievement/trophy

All-in-all a great game, but not without its flaws. I definitely suggest it for any JRPG fans who are willing to put up with the above.

The 1000 years of dream side stories are amazing. Mostly because they were written by an actual author.

Main plot is boring and predictable.

No.

>I know that feel

I made it to disc 3 and then my hard drive died on me.
Couldn't bring myself to start over

You didn't have the power of the cloud?

your pic is really the only 'required' difficult boss in the game, and that's because it's the first one

Are you fucking poor kid?
NEET lifestyle isn't paying off this month?

>first one
The eagle.

>only 'required' difficult boss
You definitely forgot pic related or your PTSD blocked it out.

>Bosses
>Batshit insanely hard

Aside from your pic and some ice boss on a bridge or something later on being the only hard bosses I remember, the only farming I had to do was to get a skill from an accessory because a boss used a status ailment or two.

Oh, and the cannon trio but that boss can fuck itself once you have fire immunity.

no

spending 10 hours doing the optional shit then coming back to the final boss after all that time kind of ruins the impact senpai

Finally. Bought it for 9 dollars at Gamestop last year along with a bunch of other RPGs as I decided to get as many Xbox360 RPGs as I could find for cheap. Now need Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery and Resonance of Fate to be BC.
Have Last Remnant too but I heard it plays like shit on the consoles and I haven't tried it myself yet.

>It's $35 used on amazon
It's also 5€ new literally anywhere that you can find copies of it

I'm a college student.

Most of the time they do but I guess this game isn't on games on demand so it looks like only disc versions will work.

>$35 used

May just take awhile. VF5:LR was BC compatible for several days before they finally added the ability to buy it off the Xbone instead of the website or 360.

shit you're right

Don't forget when the party is split and your squishy mages have no one to tank for them against this fuckwit.

Didn't ruin anything for me, went to final boss and he was healing me with his attacks.

Whatever your problem is, I don't have that.

Since you download the game when you put the disc in I can see it being in the store within a few days/weeks.

I bought it and didn't even finish the first disc

felt really hamfisted and the gameplay was mediocre

I dropped it because I hate random encounters beyond words.

Made it to that haunted mansion part before I had had enough.

All I remember is veiny tits

What a pair those were

Nice. Ninja Gaiden 2 is the last one I'm wanting for. Would like to see some substantial performance upgrades.

I enjoyed this but holy fuck the difficulty spikes of boss battles.

I thought it was only going to happen once or twice as the game started but literally every boss fight is a dick punch out of nowhere. I just opted to grind an unreal amount ahead of time because my usual rule of "first game over means I didn't understand the boss's gimmick, second game over means i'm underleveled" went out of the fucking window because I was ALWAYS underleveled.

That being said, the writing is top notch and those dream sections are legitimately tear jerking.

>the shoemaker
>the orphan girl
>the old general
>the blind rebel
>Hannah's Departure

Some of the best writings in any game. These short stories are amazing.

Back then the cloud wasn't a thing my friend

They don't upgrade the games at all though. Unless you count the sometimes better performance on the Xbox One in terms of frame rate and no screen taring.

Well a solid frame rate would be an absolute upgrade for this game. I remember this shit dipping to at least 15 fps.

>framerate
Well yeah. What did you think I meant by performance?

Aha! That's the boss I was referring to here:

It's pretty good, like a good old PS1 jrpg but with really good graphics for the time and of the best itnros ever
I got 100 gamerscore 4 times

It will be infinitely superior to FFXV.
Also:
>Scenario:
Hironobu Sakaguchi
>Music:
Nobuo Uematsu
It's more of an FF game than FFXV because these guys made it, rather than some fanboy hacks.

goodness has all the talent left?

where the fuck is everyone?

It was a superior FF13 at the time, it actually had optional content, super bosses, super weapons, hidden dungeons, a fucking world map and an airship
And the combat system was a nice take on tun based combat compared to whatever the fuck 13 was

I love the music from that game. Uematsu is a genius for sure. I'm also a huge fan of the 1000 years of dreams short stories. I even own the book version of it in Japanese. It's a shame that never got published here

pretty meh game, the thousand year slideshows backstory are amazing though and a thousand times better than the main storyline, go watch it on youtube will suffice

XV has nothing on Lost Odyssey.

no duh..