Game has a "Twitch Mode" where streamers can have effects be voted upon by stream viewers

>game has a "Twitch Mode" where streamers can have effects be voted upon by stream viewers
>typically the game has no substance outside of this

I wish I could prevent the game that started this trend from happening

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kORBQVreMp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cool

Which one? That superpower card game?
I don't think it will last that long

Name 1 (one/uno/un/um) game that does that

Inversely,

>game has a speed run mode which removes all cutscenes and dialogue

Surprisingly effective at increasing my replayability in Axiom Verge.

A new game called Seraph has something like that. I tried it and refunded it within an hour, it's incredibly boring and shallow.

Very basic platforming with enemies that seem to exist only to fill up space on the level.

Clustertruck

They need to add a mode that replicates the effect through just random rolls. Because without a twitch account with a good many viewers, you cannot get this feature at all and it makes the game far better.

Clustertruck

Seraph

This one game that I don't remember where the rooms are typically one of four colors and it's a platformer where you can get items from bubbles

youtube.com/watch?v=kORBQVreMp4

I feel like this idea would actually be neat if they somehow made the idea work with a horror game

I think Choice Chamber was the first. Or that one zombie one.

There was also Move or Die, Party Hard, and somethingsomething Dungeon.

This has been done before too, and streamers often jury-rig it in the same way: sound effects you can trigger with chat commands. It's pretty shit, since it just devolves into dipshits spamming random sound effects, or the same one over and over. God help you if there's no limit on it; you get to listen to the Psycho stabbing noise 400 times, overlapping!

Twitch is so fucking retarded.

It is, and that's why I hate that making games that pander to Twitch is becoming a trend. I feel like it will decrease the quality of the game as a whole.

>horror game
I don't think splitting your attention between what your playing and your viewers would make a good game.

That was fucking awful.

how so?

Terrible graphics, no real gameplay, awful gimmick of people voting on which epic Twitch chat emoji would appear in the game, enemies that just stand still after a while that you just have to walk away from. Overall it's just bad.

How many games do this?
like 5?

Might not be more than that now, but since Twitch makes money and it's been taking off more games are probably going to start doing this.

And it's always made the game lackluster outside of it or just straight up bad if its focus was the gimmick

What's the Clustertruck thing actually do though?

Adds temporary effects to the course like exploding trucks, large trucks, thin trucks, and a whole bunch of other effects

It's a lot more varied gameplay than what the normal game provides

>Game is intended for a very specific audience
>Do not belong to that audience
>"Waaahhhh the game sucks!"

>defending the practice of heavily pandering to Twitch cancer and making a game not fun for anyone else

Streamer shit shouldn't get their own games like that

>Game is developed towards a VERY, small and specific audience
>Shitters do not belong to that audience
>They cry and have the devs change it so it panders to faggots
Yeh

>criken's still a thing

didn't think he'd stay around

I think Quantum Break had a "streaming mode" where it would disable the licensed music so you could avoid a takedown. I thought that was real neat.

I saw Vinny playing Cluster Truck, which you can vote for how fucked up the trucks get for the player

Which is weird because I always figured Vinny was against stuff like that.

Clustertruck looked kinda fun but if there's no option to have this stuff added without being a faggot then I'm not gonna play it.

>um
What language is that?

Portuguese, I believe.