Gameplay > music > characters > world building > graphics > story

That's a better list.

Gamplay>music>protag>art style> world>story

Gameplay>music/sound>characters>story>world building>graphics

Gameplay > world building > music > characters > graphics > story

testing in shitposting threads

loving these connection errors yeah

Gameplay > characters > world building > sound/music > story > graphics

graphics only need to be acceptable and with a decent art style that compliments the game, gr8 graphics mean nothing, likeable characters can make a game and if you put anything but gameplay first you should kill yourself

Switch graphics and characters

>Is my subjective opinion objectively accurate?

this
graphics aren't important

how about now

great

thanks op

>music that high
No

>opinions are not facts

If gameplay is king, how was Witcher 3 GOTY last year? And why did people hate MGSV?

Music can be really important too though. Take furi or hotline Miami for example

>gr8 graphics mean nothing

If you're not intoxicated by great graphics you're definitely a simpleton, but if they mean nothing there's probably something wrong with you.

It can, but it very rarely is

To defend the witcher choice, it is because witcher has a better sum of all those parts. I would consider playing the witcher a more full experience than mgs5

>How was Witcher 3 GOTY last year?
It wasn't, people who voted it GOTY only pay attention to AAA

>Why did people hate MGSV?
Because it failed in every other category, and the gameplay wasn't even that great after Chapter 1

Gameplay > Sound > World Building > Art Direction > Graphics > Characters > Story.

>Gameplay
Its the basic fucking thing in any GAME, not interactive stories, movies, nor "ART",and should be treated with the highest priority.

>Sound
Sound direction in a game can either make it or breake it, and its more important to other genres than others (i.e. Horror) and good sound effects and OST constructs the atmosphere in a game.

>World Building
Its essential to the plot/story but also impacts almost every other aspect and is fundamental to tell the direction the game is going for.

>Art Direction
People confuse art direction with graphics, when its just really what stands out the most, the lighting, the colors, and the style have more impact in a game than "muh reelism" and "muh ambient occlushn" etc.

>Graphics
It gives a sense of immersion and realism, also a bit of depth, the most overrated of them all really.

>Characters
On this point forward everything has little impact on the FUN of the game, unless you're not playing to have fun, which is, retarded. Characters serve as either self inserts, or to pull you into the game and make emotional impact. Not as important in this medium as in the others.

>Story
This depends heavily on the type of game you're making, you don't need a good story to make a great game, and its not really as impactful as the gameplay. In some cases the story may make or break the game, such as the endings, the replayability, etc.

gameplay> character = world building >sound music >story >graphics

'Gameplay' isn't king because nobody even knows where this shitty little word begins or ends. How much does the appearance of a game make the mechanics meaningful? You don't even witness game mechanics outside of how they appear in the surface of the game, they're necessarily tangled up in it (turn off the TV and there's no game to play). A game that is just a "mechanical void" where you make unaesthetic forms bump into each other wouldn't be as meaningful as a beautiful warzone (unless you are some sort of aspergers trainwreck).

Did you enjoy witcher 3 and MGSV?

Another question. Why do most people prefer Mass Effect 1 and Arkham Asylum over the objectively better gameplay of their sequels?

>Art Direction
Good post.
I also forgot to add art direction as a individual category, but most of the time when the art is weak people throw it together with graphics

the fundamentals of design should not be weighted and sorted into stupid power levels, that's what's destroyed video games and developers are already doing.

people wanted more graphics to shitpost with for platform wars and here we are.

Music is way more important to me to set the tone than graphic are. Honestly it's more important than voice acting too. Given the choice between muting the music or muting the VA I would always rather mute the voices.

Plus despite the fact that I was lazy and only wrote music the post I quoted was music/sound design and I think sound design plays an integral part in making combat satisfying.

Graphics aren't important, art style is.

You clearly examine at video games through a demerit based and to me that's wrong to do.

You can play and enjoy both gameplay oriented and story focused games, the only thing that matters is how much you enjoy the game, it's not a competition for other peoples approval and within that context nothing is objectively more important than the other, gameplay can be secondary to your enjoyment, it should not be linked to it

By your own standards classic PC games like Monkey Island are objectively shit games because is fails in the gameplay department. Do you want to admit something like that?

Optimization>characterizations&story=gameplay>atmosphere>=world design>sound>graphics

Why are graphics more important than a story?

>implying there are any games without brain dead stories

>Optimization
You mean overall performance and stability?

Then you should love Mad Max.

thats exactly what I mean if you are getting 14fps or constant crashes it doesnt matter how good the game is its unplayable

People have such varying tastes in what constitutes good gameplay.
What I hate is when a game is really exceptional in its story / characters and production value and so everyone just assumes that the gameplay is ass (when it isn't) because all anyone ever talks about is the story or the graphics.

looking at you Naughty Dog

never played Uncharted but I will only say from my personal perspective if a game is just fun gameplay with no substantial story or world that makes me remember it I will get bored REAL quick arcady sandboxy games are this type of game they just feel like a gimmick but at the same time you cant go too far into just story or you end up with TellTale games

>twisting my words

well that's a given.

I'm not saying games should be exactly made considering those priorities, everyone has preferences, and I myself will play and enjoy a game with shit mechanics and gameplay, but with a good story (i.e. Drakengard, NiER, Undertale) I'm just saying that a game should be mostly criticized by the gameplay, but its overall a merging of various mediums focused towards entertainment, and that's why I play video games, It's just that, in the way that its turned out to be today, every fucking game is a cash grab, with barebones gameplay, and with political agendas pushed in, with no one to do quality checks, and everyone focusing in the graphics so that when it runs at 15fps on consoles everyone has a right to call it shit
Sorry for my english

>sacrificing key elements so poor people can play

see previous post

the fuck do I care about world building if the story is the least relevant thing?
"muh item description lore" garbage?

I enjoyed MGSV A LOT for its gameplay, but never finished it, mgs are story driven games and when one finally comes to PC its got cut fucking content and convoluted, ham-fisted piece of shit story with the best fucking gameplay in the series. Life is suffering

The Witcher 3 on the other hand I tried to play it but got bored after 1-2 hours. The graphics are nice and all, but having not played the 2 other games and having a cluttered and complex yes, complexity sometimes is bad, for me at least inventory and crafting system, etc. just didn't make me feel it, I get it why people love it though, its one of the only polished turds in nowadays industry, with no false promises (except for the downgrade) but it just doesn't do it for me.

how about fuck you OP. there is no objective list. I can love games like mount and blade which are ugly as sin because of their great gameplay, I can love games like pokemon mystery dungeon which have mediocre gameplay and forgettable graphics because they have good soundtracks. then you have games like planescape:torment where the actual "gameplay" is a shitty unbalanced distraction from the real reason anyone gives a fuck about the game nowadays, which is its story.

No one tries to claim action movies need strong writing and good characters, or that aesthetic-driven arthouse films are bad for not having a complex story and well-crafted world. No one's going to bitch about the score to a shakespeare movie, either. It's retarded to think that there's a proper priority for what games should focus on and yes, that includes gameplay.

do you not remember how fucked the PC port of arkham knight was on release?

gameplay>characters>story>sound/music>graphics>world building

>play New Vegas
>tried 4gb loader, using minimal mods
>still crash every hour
>crash every two hours if I put texture size on medium.

Fuuuuck me.

weeab detected

Gameplay > characters > music > story> graphics> world building

Gameplay should always be the most important part of a game. What the fuck is the point of making a game otherwise? If you wanted something that was heavy in story and characters, you either get a VN or some shitty pretentious indie shit.

Characters are important because it helps engage you with the game and gives you things to care about. It's why anime games work so well, they make and use characters weeaboos like.

Music is always great and helps set a mood. A lot of horror games, GOOD horror games, rely on sound to build atmosphere. Try playing one on mute, it loses almost all tension.

Story helps give players a motivation to keep playing if they want to know what happens next, or at least make an excuse that explains what they're doing and why.

Graphics aren't too important. You don't need AAA 1080p HD whatevers, as long as they are serviceable and fit the rest of the game then it's fine. If graphics were so important then no one would play older games.

World building isn't very important. It's nice for immersion and lore and so on, but honestly there's a reason why so many games can get away with zero world building. It just isn't required.

no one cares>no one cares>no one cares>no one cares>no one cares

There, I fixed it for you user

>soccer on fb messenger is one of the most fun and addictive games of all time

an accurate tier list won't get you beyond any bump limit user

though switch graphics and sound/music and we're good