What is the best single-player experience that you've had in a video game?

What is the best single-player experience that you've had in a video game?

Probably the metal gear solid franchise.

Assassins Creed 2 Brotherhood

100% twice with dlc

Sonic Rush or Empire Earth

The only reason I haven't killed myself is that I am trying to recapture the feeling I got from playing this for the first time. That and I'm a soft, indoorsy person so I own neither a gun nor any length of rope.
>inb4 nostalgiafag
Absolutely.

OP's pic hurts my eyes, like it's trying to be 3D and can't focus on it.

oblivion was so fucking comfy

Resident Evil 4, I have beaten it about 57 times by now

>"experience"
Ghost Trick
999/VLR/ZTD
Pump It Up

SWTOR

SOMA

/thread

FFX2
Zelda 2

Both when I was young

>/threading your own post
HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A FAGGOT

Dark souls

Nothing can ever hope to capture the pure joy of exploration and not know who or what would come next at any second. No matter how mad I got, seeing a part of a area I've never seen before is the most rewarding experience I have ever had from a game

burabo

Of late? Playing Silent Hill 1 for the first time.

This. I didn't know dick when I bought Dark Souls beyond the trailer, about a year after it came out. I figured it was just a gritty dungeon crawler and I wanted to see how hard it was. I was completely caught off guard by how in depth it really became. That complete surpassing of expectations comes rarely to me.

Probably earthbound or mother 3.

Shenmue, but the magic works best first time

Singularity, my number one favorite game. Good gunplay, fun abilities, interesting story.

GTAV desu

Played it on PS3 when it first game out and was amazed at just everything. Graphics, characters (except Trevor), commentary. 3 years later i just finished the campaign on my gayyeeming PC in 60fps and I love it all the same.

Nier

terranigma

Tactics Ogre (SNES version only)

There were nonstop "this came out in 1995?!" moments. I don't know how Matsuno did it. Many questionable design decisions make it a horribly flawed game, but at its best it rivals the top RPGs on the system.

At the top of my head I think DMC4 or Ninja Gaiden. Fuck though, SC Chaos Theory was comfy as shit as well...
I'll get back to you on that.

Probably Mario 64 or Dynamite Headdy