FF1: A group of adventurers restore the power of four elemental orbs which calms and heals a once chaotic and dying...

FF1: A group of adventurers restore the power of four elemental orbs which calms and heals a once chaotic and dying world, and close an infinite time loop.

FF2: Survivors of an Imperial attack join a resistance movement and eventually kill the Emperor. Not accepting defeat, the dead Emperor wages war on Hell and returns to the mortal coil as the King of Darkness.

FF3: A group of youths chosen by crystals must work with a paralell dimension to balance the forces of Light and Dark before both are destroyed.

FF4: A conflicted knight and his entourage uncover a conspiracy to steal the world's crystals and discover an ancient civilization on the moon.

FF5: A world is temporally split to seal an ancient evil who plans to reduce everything to non-existence, a group of adventurers untangle the dimensions and restore the world to it's true form.

FF6: A meglomaniacal psychopath throws the balance of magic out of place, scars the planet, and forces a resistance group to destroy the source of all magic.

FF7: An eco-terrorist group tracks the specter of a former elite soldier who is under the influence of an ancient space alien that intends to absorb the 'blood' of the
planet by summoning a giant meteor to threaten it.

FF8: A powerful sorceress attempts to cheat fate by compressing time into one moment using the unique abilities of a girl who can project people into the past,
and is subsequently killed by a group of child soldiers who only became soldiers because of her actions.

FF9: A spirit tree created to process alien souls is implanted to prevent rebirth of a planet's souls. A pair of grim reapers from outer space are the custodians, but one of the reapers doesn't know it, everyone has an existential crisis.

FF10: A dream manifests as a blond fuccboi and encourages a spiritual mortician to end a cycle of perpetual violence on the world

Other urls found in this thread:

insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/30-fft-content-13-easy-mode/
youtube.com/watch?v=4TGe6PC-Tk4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Am I the only one who likes FFI's story the most? Yes, it was barebones, but it felt more like an adventure to me because I got to imagine the journey of the Warriors of Light instead of being forcefed some fanfic-tier junk.

makes the experience more your own when you put it that way

Now summarize Final Fantasy Tactics in the same way.

History remembers the wrong guy as the hero of a war, turns out it was a noble after all

I really need to finish tactics

>I really need to finish tactics

Spice it up with a fan-made mod. insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/30-fft-content-13-easy-mode/

Nothing like a fresh coat of paint to make the experience compelling again, even if like me you've finished it a few dozen times already.

I'm one of those idiots who likes to do a vanilla run before modding. But thanks for the link!

You make 2 seem fun just by that story alone
it is

Well, at least get the mod that just fixes the game bugs/exploits and irons out the awful original translation errors.

The one I linked has that stuff too, but also does game mechanic rebalancing that, even as a diehard purist, I found to be quite good after years and years of palying vanilla.

Cloud is actually underrated IMO.

Blank slates like Link or Samus are extremely overrated. They could be replaced by Plank from Ed, Edd and Eddy and nothing of value would be lost.

FF10 (less memes): An ancient summoner terrorizes the world while summoning the memories of his lost homeland. One of his summons teams up with a human sacrifice in order to stop him.

FF12: The princess of a fallen kingdom teams up with street urchins, fallen knights, and pirates. They fight against an evil empire, and the gods themselves in an attempt to restore her homeland.

FF13: A group of humans are enslaved to the will of a demigod, who wishes to use them to destroy their homeland. They fight to change their fate and save it instead.

These summaries make the games sound fun.

>start FF game
>first combat
>hit enemy
>3 digit damage

I like that too, I think the DS and 3DS has a lot of developers who stick to that traditional style

FF8 easily has the best story

>FF7: An eco-terrorist group tracks the specter of a former elite soldier who is under the influence of an ancient space alien that intends to absorb the 'blood' of the planet by summoning a giant meteor to threaten it.

>FF9: A spirit tree created to process alien souls is implanted to prevent rebirth of a planet's souls. A pair of grim reapers from outer space are the custodians, but one of the reapers doesn't know it, everyone has an existential crisis.
I kekd

FF8 actually sounds pretty good summarized like that. And then you actually play it.

FF12: your main character turns out to not be the main character

What? It's literally the same thing with a Squall/rinoa romance plot line that furthers the depth of the game because Rinoa IS ULTIMECIA

all sorcerers go mad eventually.

don't forget that squall died at the end of disc one

I find it funny that the one FF game that's consistently panned for its plot is actually by far the best plot in all of final fantasy

FF10 is the only one I can think of that does this. Most start out in low to mid 2 digit.

Early on in FF1 also does that, but mainly with the regular attacks from near beginning Black Mages and White Mages.

Real talk though, Vaan has to be the worst FF protagonist to date. I think FF12 is pretty alright, but Lightning influences her game more, and her game sucks.

I agree, the problem lies in execution. I'd like to see a version of the game the rolls through the entirety of Laguna's story, and then turns around on you by introducing the garden and life as is stands 17 years later. Wouldn't be unlike the transistion to Raiden in MGS2

Yeah, he's more like a comic relief side character

All of these sound pretty cool except FF10, what's the problem?

I would replay VIII just for the fun Limit Breaks, and cards

I've not played ff12, but I'm convinced that if he didn't look like a greased up rent-boy that he'd get a lot less hate.

on the other hand, I played ff13 for just under 2 hours and realized that no one gives a shit about flashy action if there isn't any reason to care about the people involved, so thanks for the lesson ff13

no problem. in fact my only problem with ffx is that yunalesca is the hardest boss, and you can't skip the damn cutscene when you inevitably fail to beat her.

also, the cloisters were pacebreaking as fuck, but otherwise, ten is solid

Chrono Trigger: Goku (who is now a mute for some reason) and Bulma go on wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey shenanigans to stop some goth faggot from resurrecting a giant space flea. Along the way they are accompanied by a princess with a tendency to spank herself, a robot, a bipedal toad (the token furfag) and a cavewoman.

Chrono Cross: Everyone from the previous game died, also have a convoluted shitsoup story that would impress Kojima and preachy environmentalist bullshit that would embarrass Miyazaki.

>FF13
>start out doing 10 damage
>endgame
>doing 999999 damage
Feels good

FF1: Classic, but everything is incredibly slow.
FF2: One of the worst leveling systems in gaming.
FF3: Legitimately good, best NES FF.

FF4: Better overall experience than its predecessor, critiqued for having actual direction.
FF5: Upgrade to FF3, absolute shit characters and story.
FF6: Better than all of its predecessors, best SNES FF.

FF7: Landmark RPG game, arguably better than FF6.

Didn't play FF8 - FF11.

FF12: Fuck you, I love it.

>toad
>is literally names frog
>token furfag
>neither frogs nor toada have fur
>ayla walks on all fours sometimes and has a tail
>is not the token furfag

Yeah, 8's plot was great. Too bad the characters were utter shit. Probably the worst ff cast, not counting the NES games.
Squall in particular is easily the most unlikable protagonist. He's constantly a Cred Forums tier asshole to everyone,
and only becomes slightly better after disc 2. And while he's not the only whiny ff character, at least the others tended to have good reason.

>Edward: Wife and parents killed in front of him, loses his kingdom.
>Tidus: Dad's an asshole. Transported to a backwater shithole where everyone is being killed by a giant monster and they want to sacrifice his qt girlfriend.
>Hope: Mother killed in front of him. Pressed into service of a demigod and made the most hated person in Cocoon.

Squall's life was fucking rosy by comparison, yet he constantly feels the need to be the biggest asshole in FF.

What reason does Cloud have?

>bullied as a child
>tried to get into SOLDIER to impress everyone (especially Tifa) only to fail miserably
>his home village was burned to the ground and his family and neighbours slaughtered by the man he once idolized
>his best friend - possibly his only friend - was gunned down trying to save him
>his waifu died in his arms

Failing to join the most elite military unit at 14 isn't as miserable a failure as you state.

I liked it too. The "by winning they prevent the crisis from happening, which prevents them from existing" is great. Also who doesn;t like
>BUTT, JERK, FAGT, NIGR

In that universe it is.

I leaned toward these names

Old copy and pasta, what do you want op, no one cares

I don't know, the whole time witch thing and all the characters going to the same orphanage. Felt like it was trying to hard and stumbled along the way.

Don't forget Zidane
>didn't have a family
>left on a planet all alone
At least he got raised by thieves and he makes the most out of it.

Nah, Vaan would still suck, dude's just straight retarded.

Squall wasn't an asshole, he simply didn't wanted to fit in anywhere. Girls hop on him looking for attention, he doesn't give a fuck if they are pretty or not he just want to be alone and enjoy himself.

That's part of being an asshole dude. Anti social behavior is what makes an asshole and asshole.

Not really, just because you don't want to put up a fake act just to fit in a group doesn't mean that he's anti-social or an asshole. The real assholes are the people that do it. He's just straight to the point and honest, people can't handle honesty.

Because in the main thrust of things, the majority of that summary only starts applying at the end of disc 3.

Tifa didn't die.

>>endgame
>>doing 999999 damage
Did you seriously grind to the end of the grid?

No one said about being fake, you can still be the quiet type or yourself with out being antisocial. The problem is young people tend to think that being happy is fake because they feel like shit all the time. When ever they say they are being honest they are just being an asshole to bring down the mood to their level. There is Honesty and there is tact. What you just said for your explination was a lack of tact. Really you don't have to say anything if your honest opinion is a negative one, because in all honesty you are a giant asshole for stating something that everybody already knows.

FF7's Cloud is underrated by every use of the character after.

Tifa wasn't his friend back then.

>FF5
>Shit characters

FF14: A group of adventurers destroy the source of all darkness in the universe, but in doing so imbalance the nature of good and evil, thus creating a light so powerful and unchecked that it threatens to devour their world. The heroes must give their lives and become dimension hopping undead agents of evil to restore the balance and save their world

Oh fuck is that what happend? Or wad that reborn?

Outside of fapping to Faris in her Berserker outfit, what else was there?

some cunt who almost died getting flowers for lizards
some old fuck whos main trope was "im old, fuck you and fuck that"
the token kid who had no personality outside of "grandaddy!"
and the main character who only gets praise of how powerful he can get via the job system and memesters?

Recent patch, kinda retarded that we were the invaders all along.

Right after FF5, the plots all go to shit.

Oh, I stopped after the main story with the Ultima weapon? I think, all was left to do was get my final weapon by fighting all the summons in hard mode.

>Sephiroth is under Jenova's influence and not the other way around

No, Warriors of Darkness were invaders from another timeline (world 1) in our world(I forget if we were given a number) which is where they and Minfilia went back to at the end

Oh shit so the realm that was destroyed is still around?

Yeah you missed The Skyrimmining, Warring Triad 2 of 3, going inside Alexander multiple times, a trip through the forgettable bosses of Final Fantasy 5 and something else. The Warriors of Darkness junk didnt happen until a few days ago

Yeah too much crap going on I didn't feel the final fantasy any more and just felt the mmo of it all.

>insanedifficulty
FFT was hard enough.

>fft
>hard
>get your units Chakra
>huddle up
>one hour grind to max level
>win game easily
??

great storylines

shame so many people missed out

As an introvert it's really easy to tell a fake act from a genuine one. Honesty is telling the person straight up that they don't care, it saves both parties time. Time is very valuable, spending time with people that you personally don't feel attached to is a waste. Many people tend to over-value themselves and when they feel less than what they thought they were they simply break down and honesty tends to do this.

It was on of the first ones I played and I remember writing a few chapters of a story based around my characters but following the events of the game. I loved that it basically gave you a blank slate with a route through the world.

2, 10 and 4 are my favourite for actual story-telling though.

Tricked you. I was just looking for cheap tricks to beat the game! Hahaaha!

>24+ hour raid where people died irl trying to kill it
>many more hospitalized

>forgettable bosses
>Final Fantasy 5

>fighter
>fighter
>fighter
>fighter

this is a god tier set up, If this isn't your go to party system then you have something seriously wrong with you

Explain.

Zidane is spunky though. I don't remember a single section where he whines about anything.

8s story makes absolutely no sense under even the lightest scrutiny.

Please don't ask me to explain, I'm sure you already know yourself. There's just so many goddamn problems with it that you start writing about one and half an hour later you're STILL writing about it.

kek

Friend, you are not meant for this series. Come, join us in the superior RPG thread of Dragon Quest. We just had a release of VII. Come, break bread with us, and sup on good game design, subtle character development, and consistent and enjoyable stories.

>If this isn't your go to party system then you have something seriously wrong with you
A blackbelt higher than level 21 objectively does more damage than a fighter with XCALBER. Solo BB is fucking broken once you get past the initial grind.

Muh battle on the bridge

As much as I loathe the story of 8 for the sheer amount of nonsense and plot holes in it. There's one thing I have to give it credit for after a recent replay.

Squall.

Squall is probably one of the best protags in the series. His internal dialogue is actually fucking great as he notices and deconstructs everything around him. He picks up on all the bullshit his teammates do and say, picks up on their shitty attempts at matchmaking, his internal philosophizing is actually pretty damn down to earth.

The only two real problems that stick out are the early 'talk to a wall' segment where he was oblivious to Quistis' dripping wet pussy not 2 feet from him, and the way he just all of a sudden 'clicks' into being in love with Rinoa, which is especially jarring because it comes very very soon after the aforementioned scenes where he internally lampshades the clumsy matchmaking.

It was just one group that tried an untuned fight without knowing the strategy. One of the neat things is that the game didn't tell you how to do things or give you a way to cheat and figure everything out before it was released. You had to go out there and give it a go and figure it out on the fly.

youtube.com/watch?v=4TGe6PC-Tk4

>Squall.

whatever

Wait... I just realized something. Final Fantasy X-2 is the most faithful game to capture the spirit of EVERY FINAL FANTASY BEFORE IT.

>Randomly put together a concert - FF8
>Fly around the world looking for magic balls - FF7
>Female lead with no personality - FF6
>Switchable jobs with exploitable AP-based growth system - FF5
>Hot jailbait - FF4
>Utterly fucking unmemorable plot - FF2/FF3
>Insane time travel subplot that has absofuckinglutely nothing with the game's flow - FF1
Oh, and...
>Monkey! - FF9

FFX-2 truly is the archetypal Final Fantasy game.

I think FF8 was the first FF that got an honest to god GOOD translation, but it didn't really help with the story.

See its all about you, and that's what comes off as being an asshole. Your time is more important, introverts can be considered self centered, also being introvert does not make it easy for you to tell who is fake or not because you don't know how the other person feels because you are stuck in your own head and your own feels to know what's going on around you. All you are doing is projecting your honest feeling and not the other way around. That's what makes this architype an asshole. You act like you know better than any one, but the fact is the only reason those people you may have called out in the past were dumb founded is because your "honesty" just came out of no where. My guess you have said "you think you are so cool" or "you don't know everything" in which all you did was confuse the person you were talking to. You think you know a fake act but all you know is that the feelings they have would feel fake to you if you had them at that very moment, so you project then as being "the faker."
The only in site of what you have is your own feelings and you want to drag others with you because this is what you perceive as the truth, when all it is is you projecting your insecurities on to the other person.
This is why extroverts are far more enjoyable to be around because they are aware of others feelings and they learn to live side by side with them instead of bring others down to your feeling level.

It even manages a bit of time travel

>Drawn out pointless padding everywhere - FF12

But how did it capture X?

The whole angel of death thing, but Zidane was always looking to the brighter things in life. Having no memories maybe helped with that.

>I've not played ff12, but I'm convinced that if he didn't look like a greased up rent-boy that he'd get a lot less hate.

Nah, problem with Vaan is that he's utterly pointless after the first four-five hours. In a sense that he doesn't do anything except serve as "vengeance is bad, m'kay?" for Ashe to not go off the deep end later on. He is in a sense Ashe's foil, but Vaan as a character does precisely jack shit on as the game goes on.

Zidane isn't really delved into much in 9 like other protags. He's just a happy go lucky thief who encounters bad stuff and might occasionally get a little sad about it.

He never really changes at all throughout the game.

9 wasnt?
You didn't class change yet you had different classes with different characters.
You had theif mage white mage summoner knight monk dragoon blue mage. Really I don't understand how you could ignore all of that.

That's... not really something specific to 9.

If anything the previous games with outright selectable classes represent that better.

you might wanna replay the game

There was time travel in x-2?

I'm sorry but I don't agree.
Especially when he realizes who he is compaired to garnet after her mom died.

There was no Gilgamesh in heavensward's Weeping City.

Never mind I miss read your post

He changes himself in disc 3 for sure, but my point was he wasn't a moody character like Squall. Nowhere near in fact.

If you aren't willing to give your life to kill a huge boss with your bros then you're a casual.

no matter what he finds out there is no progression to his character besides one fast breakdown

but then the only characters that have any development in 9 are Garnet, Steiner and Vivi so that's no big surprise

Tidus is the manliest FF character in the entire series. He is one of my favorite characters because of the character development he has compared to other characters and games.

When FFX starts off, Tidus is a completely alive guy that voiced his own opinion and justifiably stood up for himself. He did his job to the best of his ability and completed all tasks outstandingly. He even knew how to do a Jecht Shot.

As the game progressed, he took measures into his own hands. When his fellow Blitzball player messed up, did Tidus whine? No, he ran down and stole a motherfucking sports team. Can you steal a fucking sports team? Then ran up the goalie face to face and tried to Jecht Shot his head off. He was able to make a goal that I don’t think anyone would have made like he did.

Then he found out that Sin was going to kill his waifu, absorbing her soul. But he still kept on because it was his fucking job. Later he found out that Jecht, his dad, was Sin and he still didn’t hesitate to kill him. He didn’t whine. He knew what had to be done and the repercussions it would have. He was able to convince his friends to do the same too. There was no second guessing.

Titus didn’t even care about going through time to kill his dad. There was a huge chance of failure going that close to Sin, but he didn’t give a shit. Think about that for a second. At 18 years old he is given a mission to go to the future to assassinate basically an all powerful God that was also his dad. His chances of success were low, and there was no telling what would happen. Did he whine about it? No; he took the job like a man and saw it through.

He didn’t even fucking flinch when the choice when he found out he was a ghost. Can you just deal with finding out you are dead? No, you fucking can’t. I know I can’t. That mere concept scares the shit out of me and I just about lock up. But he did it for the future of everyone.

Yea, definitely sounds like a girly faggot.

>shit pace
>mandatory crafting
>4 HOURS TO GET A CHOCOBO
>AFTER SPRINTING THROUGH EXTREMELY DANGEROUS MAPS TO GET TO JUENO
>BECAUSE FUCK YOU GET AGGRO FROM A MILE AWAY YOU LOW LEVEL SHIT
>WANT TO USE THE AIRSHIP? FUCK YOU
>GO FARM KEYS IN SOME SHITHOLES NO ONE CARES ABOUT
>AND YOU CAN ONLY RIDE TO KHAZAM
>WANT TO CONVENIENTLY GO TO THE OTHER COUNTRIES? FUCK YOU
>DO SOME STORY QUESTS
>G R I N D

I hated that game.

Which makes me love Zidane the best, it was refreshing to have a character who was up lifting then self loathing all the time.

No mmo tells you how to do things, people just datamine the fights and then put guides online

I just gave you one dude, he was upset that he a lowly theif could hang around a princess now a queen. He realizes 1 that he is falling for her in which he just flirts and dates. 2 he realizes the class difference and that there is no way in hell they would be accepted in society as a queen loving a lowly thief. The thing is he doesn't brood on it forever what he does is try to find something to do to keep his mind off things for a bit.

>entire character conflict is that he can't bear the thought of having to sacrifice others to succeed
>ends up realizing he has to sacrifice himself for others to succeed and does so happily

No joke, I loved Tidus despite his terrible design

Introverts are often misunderstood. My time is indeed important but it isn't more important than others. Value is defined by what that other person is going to bring towards your life and as an introvert you can easily decipher this instantly. Introverts tend to observe, any movement that a person makes be it the face or body can tell a whole story about that persons life and can show how they feel, this is why it's so easy. It's not about knowing better, it's all about what an introvert is reading, whatever you do they read you up like an open book. Feelings never play a role with honesty because feelings aren't related to the bigger picture. Introverts never want to bring anyone down, they want you to face reality and get that person back on track.

that's not character development, he would have been able to take the same exact decision early on in the game. He's still in the same state, its just the situation around him that changed and it doesnt bring about a change in him, he just goes back to doing his thing after that interlude

Yeah, Tidus has literally NO character development.

He does in the form of his relationship with his father that clearly evolves from living in his shadow to having to one up him and succeed where he failed

Why do i have the urge to do lewd things to Rikku?

There was no time travel in X-2.

And that wasn't possible in FFXI, they didn't evne use a test server like WoW and let people see new content months ahead of time. Most of the time they wouldn't even give details about what was added, just vague hints and people could go off searching on their own.

Fun stuff even though it did lead to two endgame bosses being rather obnoxious and one item taking a year or so to discover.

That's not true, at all infact. The whole point of introverts is self feelings, not the other way around. Introverts are charactrised as shy and again can't stop projecting your own feelings on to the others. By saying you can notice a fake or decipher things instantly is also wrong and shows that you feel you know more than others. Interverts are analytical, but it's only based on what limited interactions they have. Problem is introverts don't look at things other than from their own perspective, mainly because they don't think they can be wrong.

Not really. The main plot is a fairly straightforward time loop/paradox plot, similar to FF1.
Ultimecia goes back in time and possesses Edea. Future Squall gives chase and tells Edea about building Garden.
Squall grows up into a hardass with abandonment issues because Ellone ran before Ultimecia showed up and matron Edea had to leave too.
Discs 1-3 of FF8 happens, most of the details are of ancillary importance, but Rinoa gets marked, so Time Kompression.
Squall confronts Ultimecia in the future and chases her back into the past, doing the same thing that Future Squall did.
Squall returns to his time and lives a happy life while the next Squall in the loop goes on to do the same thing.

And the whole theme of "love" is relative to Rinoa's predicament being the same as Ultimecia's was before Ultimecia became the Ultimate Sorceress.
Rinoa was afraid of her power and of everyone seeking to kill/imprison her just because of something she didn't want. Rinoa felt all alone, and sought out someone who wouldn't dismiss her so that she was not alone - Squall.
Ultimecia, marked for death before she was even born because of the prophecy caused by the time loop, had nobody to reach out to. Out of spite, she adopted the mantle that was forced on her and used them in an attempt to BE alone. Before she could do so, she had to get rid of Squall, the one who would always be a threat to her chance at total safety from others.
In other words, Ultimecia was one of the most dreadful victims of circumstance and even after you go and kill her, nobody ever comes to understand her. If somebody were there to give her the D, things may not have turned to shit in the future.

No, it actually butchered the characterization far worse than any FF before it. Did you know Squall never actually says "whatever" in the Japanese version? It only seems better than VII's due to lack of spelling and grammatical errors.

That's the fault of localization, not translation. FF9 was the first FF that got good localization.

Yes it is, character development doesn't mean the character has to change but you as the reader delve deeper into the characters understanding of things. Development is what is being made for you to see, Zidane already has his personality, but you never get to see why he thinks the way he does until he is challenged by it. What did change was his doubt to stay with Garnet. Later on zidane treats garnet differently later on by telling her his life story that he didn't with the entire cast. His issue was that he would hold the problems of his friends but he wouldn't burden them with his own. Character development happens more than one way.

Not all furfags have fur on them - see scalies as an example.

Half of that is made of conjectures

But is that really a problem? As supporting character Vaan works very well.

>The whole point of introverts is self feelings

Not really, think about it for a second. We think before we act. We take into consideration everyones feelings before we speak while extroverts act on impulses regardless of everyones feelings. If an introvert wants to destroy someones lives they do it and when they do it's for a good reason which was probably well deserved. Again, time is very valuable and when an introvert does this act it's a very serious situation.

>Introverts are charactrised as shy and again can't stop projecting your own feelings on to the others.

People aren't important enough to consider an introverts feelings, that's the very least thing an introvert is considering in any situation. Feelings comes into play when a real issue is present, they don't care about the small things but the big ones this is why many people see introverts as cold-hearted, they simply don't care they aren't emo or sensitive faggots.

>Interverts are analytical, but it's only based on what limited interactions they have. Problem is introverts don't look at things other than from their own perspective, mainly because they don't think they can be wrong.

Any type of movement is enough to tell how a person feels or think. It's an universal language that introverts specifically specializes on.

Why did the Galbadians cheer on Edea as she told them she was going to kill them all? If it was mind control... why did it still work after you defeated edeamecia? Why is the army still following Seifer? Biggs and Wedge demonstrate there's no mind control because they just leave. WHY ARE THEY FOLLOWING THIS UPSTART TEEN?
How did the Galbadians did Lunatic pandora out of the ocean? Why didn't esthar put security around it like out in space? Why did they even send you to space? They suspected Rinoa was a sorceress, why would they move a potential hazard to the most tenuous prison set up around.

Why is it that when Squall goes rogue and runs all the way across the bridge carrying Rinoa the entire rest of the party is not only already there waiting for him but have already scouted ahead? How the fuck did they get there?

Why did NORG say he founded the garden, only we later find out the gardens go back centuries and are ancient?

Why is Edea's orphanage in the middle of fucking nowherestan? How the heck did all the kids even get all the way out there?

Ellone isn't a Sorceress, how does her power even work? What was the point of the flashbacks when nothing could be changed. And if nothing can be changed using her power... what use is she to ultimecia?

Why is the whole 'no wireless communication' thing dropped for no real reason long before Adel is freed? The space station clearly uses it. There's numerous other examples of this but I can't be bothered recounting them all.

Why does the mech carrying your missile base team end up at fisherman's horizon with the rest of the galbadian army? They were apparently piloting it but 'couldn't control it properly'. But why the fuck did the army lug it there?

There's other things to bitch about but that's all I can be bothered to write for now.

He works well at that ? He doesn't really do anything besides overreact to events and get told to shut the fuck up

The problem is that he's not a supporting character, he's the main character by design, because the suits wanted a retarded youth for the audience to latch onto because otherwise they thought nobody would like the game. He was added much later in development than any other character and it shows from his complete disconnect with most of the plot and events.

He even does a half assed attempt at seizing the lead right at the end with his "no, this is my fight" during the final boss which is laughably out of place. Vaan is that kid at school that didn't know his place in the picking order and always assumed he had more weight than he actually does, but the story never punishes him for it so it's just a permanent annoyance.

Best Story: 4
Best Gameplay: 5
Best Characters: 6

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Introvert by definition is personal feelings, look up the definition.
>If an introvert wants to destroy someones lives they do it and when they do it's for a good reason which was probably well deserved. Again, time is very valuable and when an introvert does this act it's a very serious situation.

Wow see this is what I'm talking about, what you said all of that is not an introvert that's some one with psychological problems, and to be this pompous as to think it was for a good reason was again projecting insecurities.

We consider you feelings, infact it's always about your feelings that's what makes you seem like an asshole.
Body language can be seen instintally and introverts aren't any better at it than anyone else, being unfeeling and being cold hearted is also from your own actions that others have precieved. It's by your own actions is what creates the face of the asshole.

To be fair everyone in 12 is dull dull dull in your party.

Vaan has a vague hope of being a sky pirate that isn't really relevant at all in the game, partially because airships are surprisingly irrelevant. You go in like, 3 for some quick dungeons/fights and balthier's is basically just a fast travel system utterly superseded by teleport stones. You've already pointed out how pointless Vaan is.

Penelo is worse, serving only as a glorified cheerleader for Vaan.

Basch is dull as well, mostly just standing around and being gruff. He doesn't really have any real motivation besides hanging around Ashe and defending her. The closest thing to a character trait he has is relegating all authority to 'the fates'. But frustratingly after listening to him drone on for hours about them when he's actually confronted by REAL gods he dismisses them without even blinking, and later when confronted by his emotionally broken brother he just kinda... ignores the point he was making. "I found something more important to protect". Fucking cold Basch, you cunt.

Ashe is mostly remembered by that nervous holding her hands expression and sighing a lot. There's a bit more to her because she's emotionally conflicted by whether to genocide the empire. But she's unfortunately written backwards and agonizes over this choice throughout the entire mid portion of the game when she DOESN'T HAVE ANY WORKING NETHICITE.

Fran is just exposition on long legs. Her dumb little side plot actually damages the main behind-the-villain's credibility more than it does anythign else.

Balthier is the closest to a good character, being snarky, maintaining an aloof air despite the fact that you know he really cares. He even has some teeny tiny moments between him and daddy. But amusingly due to the way the cutscenes play out it's like the game is fighting against him having characterisation, and cut off his big speeches really quickly and abruptly.

>Best Story: 4

I will never understand how some people can be so deluded. FFIV fans are one of the most mysterious vidya fanbase ever.

They only really remember the whole TWEEST about Golbez.

And to a lesser extent Cecil going pally.

>first time playing
>have a THF in party
its like playing with 3 party members

Good talking to you but I gotta jam later

>Wow see this is what I'm talking about, what you said all of that is not an introvert that's some one with psychological problems, and to be this pompous as to think it was for a good reason was again projecting insecurities.

That was in accordance to "bringing someone down" if they do, they probably have a good reason to do it. Speaking by experience, when someone actually believed that I could be taken advantage off I made sure to send the correct message.

In most games thieves are pretty bad aside from stealing rare shit.

All of those questions can be answered simply: the made the assets before the wrote the script.

Noble Sacrifice: The Game
It's engaging if you're easily fooled by emotional tricks like that.

Thieves can't even steal in FF1.

They're usually competent at doing damage with some utilitary skills, and in some games their speed becomes a real asset

Its not unreasonable to expect a thief to pull his weight

I don't necessarily disagree with most of the characters lacking development, but they were attractive to me overall, as they felt real and immersed in the setting, with personal ties with the events. Vaan was just kinda there, with Penelo being his shadow

>Why did NORG say he founded the garden, only we later find out the gardens go back centuries and are ancient?

Ok, I don't remember the plot point where they're revealed to be ancient, but I do know that Norg didn;t found the gardens, he funded them.
When Cid made SeeD he was fucking broke and needed a lot of money to create the institution. Norg was his benefactor.

>Ellone isn't a Sorceress, how does her power even work?
"it just werks"
>What was the point of the flashbacks when nothing could be changed. And if nothing can be changed using her power... what use is she to ultimecia?
Elllone's power is researched by Dr. Odine to create his special junction machine, future versions of which allow actual mental time travel and allows Ultemecia to posses sorceresses at the party's point in time.

I think they wrote the script before the assets, would explain a lot of the more questionable 'chunks' in the game.

Like the tomb of the unknown king. It's the most blatant form of padding imaginable and utterly pointless under scrutiny, but it's probably there just because there needed to be a fighting segment. I mean after timber you got a lengthy laguna cutscene. Then you went straight to galbadia and got more cutscenes. Then you went to the train (more cutscenes). They needed to break it up before the assassination, which is really just indicative of poor directiing.

I'd place the whole garden civil war thing there too. NORG is actually pointless under scrutiny, but is just there so you can have fights with squall before the big downtime on the moving garden.

The junction machine allowed ultimecia to send her mind back to that point, but her goal was to get Ellone in your time.

The problem was it was already clear that Ellone's power doesn't really achieve anything... so why does it work for Ultimecia?

FF4: Best FF

I always felt that way too, like someone remembered midway through "oh fuck right this is supposed to be a FF game not a 20 hours cutscene"

Most fights / bosses are completely disconnected from the plot or the main conflict at work in the scene

that's okay, I'm the same way with people who enjoy VI, considering the game goes to shit after WoB

All along FF8 was always meant to be an anime series instead of a videogame.

>They fight to change their fate and end up winning by doing exactly what it wants, and are saved at the last second by a deus ex machina.

FTFY

Probably, an anime series I would hate, but a lot of people would enjoy because of the highschool motif.
I like adventure out side of school stuff, like 9. That's just me.

Those are plot synopses yes but what about the stories?

For that you need to research, because there is not enough room to tell it all.

He wasn't "oblivious" to Quistis. He didn't want to get close to anyone because of his insecurity with personal relationships, as he talks about later in the bridge scene with Rinoa.

Rinoa gets to him because she persistently continues to pursue him even after he treats her like shit. It took that kind of woman to break through his shell, rather than someone like Quistis who gives up after a single rejection.

It's also worth nothing that Quistis' defining character flaw is that she has a tendency to become overly emotional and take criticism too harshly, which is what costs her the instructor position at Garden and later contributes to blowing the assassination attempt at Deling City (which is a great segment by the way, as it ends up being a culmination of multiple character's personality flaws that lead to that mission being a disaster).

Coincidentally, that flaw is also what cost her a chance with Squall.

Not really but Best Music Ever tho

that Landing

Indeed. He also found Quistis' combination of dishonest clinginess and constant insecurity tiresome. The scene where you let Irvine pick the party in Galbadia is pretty telling. Quistis, hurt by the "pretty ladies" rejection immediately latches onto Squall, who just mentally snaps "Grow up!". He has no patience for this shit and frankly, nobody would.

FINAL Fantasy:
FF1: The party is fatally wounded by Garland and the rest is a dying hallucination.

FF2: The party is fatally wounded by the Emperor's soldiers and the rest is a dying hallucination.

FF3: The MC is fatally wounded falling into the cave and the rest is a dying hallucination.

FF4:Cecil and Kain are fatally wounded by Rydia's Eidolons and the rest is a dying hallucination.

FF5: Bartz and co fall into the collapsing ground and are fatally wounded, the rest being a dying hallucination.

FF6: Terra's slave crown is never removed. Everything is a hallucination.

FF7:Cloud is fatally injured by Sephiroth at Nibelheim/Zack and Cloud never escaped Hojo's lab and everything is a hallucination.

FF8: Both Squall and Seifer die slowly from infected forehead wounds, the rest of the game being a hallucination. Or you could go with that unironically retarded Squall's dead theory.

FF9: Zidane is fatally injured in the Prima Vista crash in the Evil Forest and everything is a dying hallucination.

FF10: Tidus is a dream.

FF12: Reks' dying hallucination is of weeb Star Wars with his brother randomly inserted into the narrative.

FF13+: Nope.

>first year Japanese students try to criticize professional translation
What Squall does say in the Jap version is "warui", which, although it can be read as "sorry" if you disregard all context and nuance, is also a dismissive (and masculine) way how to get someone off your back if you don't accompany it with any further remark or explanation. "Whatever" is a pretty fitting translation.

It's funny how FF8 was Alexander O. Smith's first professional translation, considering he's widely regarded as the greatest JP > EN translator of all time. Just a few years after FF8, he was lead on Vagrant Story, which is a masterclass in localization.

people seem to forget that how a story is delivered is way more important than an oversimplified synposis

like ff10 is way better told than ff1 "go stop the evil guy, now go back in time and kill him again"

Well of course, ff1 was just an nes game and the first. 10 had a good story just really bad characters to tell it.

>4
>best story
>edgelord becomes faggot, faggot turns out to be moonman and flies to the moon in a submarine found in what is literally hell
>the final boss is hate incarnate on ze moon

4 is honestly more dated than people like to remember it for

It's always about some emoooootion

That's not even getting into the direct sequel

Must be a coincidence that when he retrieved her from the Nibelheim reactor he was IMMEDIATELY drawn to obsessively (Reunion) that he suddenly goes crazy and inherits literally all of her motives.

She's a space parasite that shapeshifts, indoctrinates, and assimilates other life forms. He doesn't want to absorb the Life stream and sail the cosmos on a dead planet because he thinks he is special, he does it because that's what Jenova DOES. That meteor she came in on originally? Another dead planet.

Jenova lives on and impersonates things. That's how she almost killed off the Ancients-- pretending to be them and absorbing them like a stephen king book.

He went from spoiled sports star crybaby to the only STRONG willed person in the group barring Jecht. He made everyone else pick up their shit and realize it didn't HAVE to be the way of tradition, and that the unknown may offer a better future. Then he also grows up in how he feels about his father like a lot of people do when their fathers are misunderstood, complex people and not just shitty dads

FF14: A secret circle recruits a gifted individual to help fending off the threat of primal gods being summoney into the world while fending off an evil empire that wants to utilize said gods power to conquer the continent. All this is more or less orcestrated by moon people who want to plunge thw hole world into darkness.