Hey Cred Forums quick question...

Hey Cred Forums quick question , is there any advantage to plugging my PS4 into a computer monitor rather than a television ?

Latency reduced but you're not gonna notice 5ms honestly.

Maybe if your TV had an extremely low refresh rate.

depends on how good the response time on this monitor is

Unless your TV is ridiculous motion blur or lag

Less input delay, but odds are with a console controller you wouldn't notice anyway.
Usually better colors and contrast ratio than a tv of similar price.

You lost any advantage when you bought that wobbly piece of shit

Less NTSC (or PAL) viruses. Google it.

How good would a 50 inch tv be as a monitor?

What if I play games that need to run at 60fps like fighting and racing vidya ?

HDTV > Monitor

Questionable at best, input delay is really noticeable when using a mouse.

A monitor is better in literally every instance.

A large TV had the advantage back when split-screen was a thing, but these days that's completely dead.

Honestly, if you're under the age of 30 and own a TV, that's pretty embarrassing.

>Honestly, if you're under the age of 30 and own a TV
Wat, how do you play roms and watch anime?

First off that a ps3 nigga lol and why yo roo. So small? You cant even fin a bed in there or even lay down. Look how small that is lol

refresh rape

On my monitor? My computer chair is comfier than any couch, and sitting 5 feet away from a screen is stupid when I can have the same effective size from 2 feet away at my computer.

That's large closet/storage room full of monitors and old towers and other shit you fucking sperg

Fucking calm down jesus christ

Anyway I wanted to know about this more for fighting and racing games

Nigga gota a baby room lol ayy bby you hungry lol ayy bby why you got a ps3 in yo room you juss a bby lol

>My computer chair is comfier than any couch,
I have an expensive computer chair and an expensive couch, sometimes you just want to lie down and watch shit or play casual console games, this is when the TV comes in handy.

>odds are with a console controller you wouldn't notice
Do different controllers have varying input lag? That's a thing?

Yeah, I don't get that, if I want to lie down I'll go to fucking bed.

It is in the wonderful age of wireless controllers.

No, well partially because of wireless, but it's just a lot less noticeable with inaccurate input like analog sticks and negligible with things like buttons.

Depends what you want out of your console. Want better picture? Is the monitor better than the TV? Want better response times? Monitor. For the picture quality it all depends what you got on hand. But high quality picture from monitors can be had for cheaper than a TV. Also a monitor usually has an audio jack for speakers or headphones built in so you can do that as well.

Smaller more expensive screen with no remote or built in speakers. Seems like a good idea.

Also that's a ps3

does your monitor have speakers?

>Can't experience the glory of just laying your feet on the couch and chilling

I feel for you

What do if no speaker on monitor? Is there another way I can get audio?

>not having a 50+ inch TV to watch anime and play vidya on

sucks to suck

Well if you have a good gaming monitor the input lag would be lower compared to a TV, especially if you have a TV with not so great input lag (TVs have a range of quality for this and its not advertised because most of the time its not great), also the pixel density would be higher but thats just the matter of going from a larger screen to a smaller screen with the same resolution.

I don't think the ps3 controller has that headset option like a ps4 does, right? So you might be fucked

No I mean a PS4. I was thinking about getting one but I wanna use my monitor.

PS3 and PS4 have optical audio jacks so you could get speakers that have an optical port

Nice bait

really dumb question but how do i get my monitor hooked up to my speakers? it has a audio port for headphones and i really dont want to play my consoles on my monitor

>these days that's completely dead
Not really, no

if it's not immediately obvious what goes where, you probably need one of these

I use one of those for my PS3. Just go to console settings and make it output video through HDMI and audio through AV. Not all speakers can take it though, not if they're hard wired.

As always it depends on what tv you have. Try it out by connecting your PC and seeing how slow you mouse is on it.

You get a tiny tiny ass screen to play your vidya on. A monitor for console gaming is heresy and should only be acceptable if that's the only option you have. Vidya is meant to be played with a controller, on a huge ass TV comfortably sitting on a couch. Everything else is pleb tier.

Not really, unless there's only one TV in your house and more people who want to use it I can't see an advantage.

Kek, this guy is funny.

You could not sound any more retarded if you wanted friendo.

In the PS4 you can put headphones, just go to the menu pressing the PS button, go to controller settings and make all audio exit through the controller.

If you play Fighting Games you definetly wanna get a good monitor, you want your input lag to be as low as possible to make strick timing combos easier or to properly anti air, i used to think this was a meme until i started going to locals and tourneys and holy shit, i don't have to guess jump ins or mash my inputs like crazy anymore, plus you feel a bit better knowing that your win or loss was entirerly on you.

Get a cheap/decent speaker and plug it to the Monitor with an AUX Cable or get some decent headphones and plug em'into the DS4, you can make all the sound go only trough the headseats and mute your mic so you don't annoy anyone.