Every week, finding a game of Quick Play or Competitive is taking longer and longer

Every week, finding a game of Quick Play or Competitive is taking longer and longer
Is this game losing players fast or what?

LOL

Did you just laugh at me?

Its just going to get worse for you pukes when actual fps players leave for bf1 and space war.
>as if OW could get any less populated with fps skill

>another "league killer" btfo
Color me surprised.

The longer the queue; the better you are. :^)

Not helping is the DDoSing and server problems. It's not because people are leaving, they just literally can't play.

it's bleeding players rapidly

people are sick of comp being a pointless circlejerk where you can't advance without 5 friends

and QP is filled with shitters who think that stacking Mei is a good strategy.

they need to ban groups in comp, put limits on character selection in QP, and make a new game mode that's just for fucking around.

Does Blizzard cover your medical expenses from moving those goal posts all the time, blizzshill?

>Is this game losing players
>No it's because X
>WOW FUCKING GOALPOST MOVING
Came into this thread to call you a retard who shouldn't use phrases he doesn't understand.

...What?

>they need to ban groups in comp

I knew Overwatch was casual shit, but holy shit.

Fucking hogwash. The Overwatch servers are not in a constant state of DDoS attack, and any server problems are directly the fault of blizzard incompetence. People are perfectly capable of playing, they just aren't anymore. The hype is over, and nothing but hype and shilling kept Overwatch in the air.

game is dying because game is bad

>be lvl50 shitter queuing with a lvl180 friend
>face lvl300-800 people
Game must be dead to make me play with those people.

Yep, I've completely stopped playing comp because I'm tired of matches where 5 players who are my level have a friend who's ranked triple ultra diamond or whatever the fuck the rankings mean, who completely curbstomps the rest of us who are ranked slightly higher because LOL AVERAGES.

It wasn't so bad in the first season because they matched equal groups against each other, but with the lower player count game balance has gone completely out the window in favour of never ever breaking up groups.

I mainly just play QP and relax while listening to music, pretty fun.

Can only imagine how many devs would fucking kill to have their games be as 'dead' as Blizzard's.

Solo Q MMR
Group MMR

Problem Solved

Fucking LoL Shitters

Okay, so people can stop biting my head off, this is just what I heard, it's not what I believe. Chill.

You said it, so you own it, chickenshit.

Also, has anyone else noticed PotG is complete shit now?

Back around version 1.6 it was great, had a good variety of characters, showed both ults and great normal play, but ever since 1.8 it's one of:

a) Mercy rezzes a few people who usually all die immediately

b) bland ult that kills two people

c) a Widowmaker who gets one lucky headshot and then kills a low health enemy who's standing still

I played a Dorado match where our D.Va ulted just before Mercy's rez, wiped the entire enemy team with a couple seconds on the clock, beautiful stuff. PotG goes to the Mercy who rezzed 4 people who died instead of the D.Va who won the game. Fucking pathetic.

I guess I'll be able to buy the game in christmas if there's a sale

Everyone will be back once the October update hits

Count on it and Sombra

The issue is that Blizzard's balance goals are to keep the skill ceiling low for all characters so you can't excel on an individual level, you can only fulfil your role within the team composition.
Consider football without Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez - the highly skilled individuals would be seen as a problem by Blizzard.

Why do people make shit up about Overwatch? Why does its existence butthurt so many aspies?

Yeah it's gotten really silly now. I can only imagine their POTG system just a bunch of spaghetti conditionals to determine a POTG Score and so it can't tell what the actual important plays were.

We've got fuck all since release. 1 character and 1 map and some skins(which some were just fucking recolors)

Why is the content coming so slowly? Were Blizz not prepared for this game to be popular?

Every match is the same, especially in comp. It's just whichever team gets the better Zarya ult team wipe first. It's getting sooo stale.

>Playing as Pharah, enemy team has a Mercy
>There's 20 seconds left and the Payload is almost to the final point
>I rocket up into the sky and shoot her dead on with a rocket
>She cowers back into a room
>I fire rockets around the corner and nearly die to a Mcree securing the kill
>I just barely clutch it out thanks to Ana healing from far away, as my team charges in for a team fight
>Glorious 6v5 as we crush them and take them off the point
>"HEDEN SHTOUDEN!"
>They're all ressurected because literally fucking killing Mercy only got her off our back for 5 fucking seconds, my best efforts to prevent the ult that would lose us the game were completely fucking pointless because of how casul babby this game is about respawn times
>We lose the ensuing fight against their entire rezzed team and the game

Can't the fucking respawn times be just a little bit longer? Why isn't killing somebody a viable method of keeping them off your back for 5 fucking seconds?

yup, needs more content.

but its well populated on ps4. haven't played on PC in a while. maybe once the console community dies out. PC usually keeps players longer

but muh 22 heroes to choose from

I got an Ana Lifesaver POTG once. It was nice.

it's another "Ive got this impression therefore it must be a fact which applies to everyone else as well" episode

finding a game seems about the same to me
but then again neither you nor I did some serious benchmarking of loading times over time, did we?

then the mercy did her job.

someone needed their ult to counter.

Either somebody needed their ult to counter, and having your ult or not having your ult is the only thing with any true meaning in this game, or the concept of dying can have even the slightest modicum of impact.

I'll let you decide which of those two is better game design.

I seem to find games faster on ps4, I thought this had a bigger pc fanbase?

It's crazy that not long ago, a game could launch and not need to throw out constant updates to hold a player base. Now you need a proper stream of new content basically every month.

Splatoon was able to do this by basically withholding content and steadily releasing it, but not long after the last big update hit, the player base dried up fast. Overwatch is arguably doing things worse than Splatoon, despite better sales, because its content output has been slow as hell. One new character and one new map after four months. Speed up, nigga.

Everyone's moving to Paladins :^)

I'm downloading Paladins currently so I can give it a shot.

Speaking of Paladins
Way to kick TF2 while its down

TF2 still has like 20/30,000 more players then Paladins right now. Paladins is crawling up the Steam charts though.

Every match in Overwatch is frustrating and tedious as fuck, even when I pwn a shit team as DVA and get gold in a million categories, the game still is a nuisance. I hate the enemy team and I hate my teammates, I instantly turn chat off when I enter a game because fuck all of these fucking edgy autistic assholes who most of the time aren't able to comprehend more than 50% of the game.
Yet I keep playing Overwatch, maybe I just like getting fed shit and drink piss.
Pic unrelated.

It's basically overwatch with different hero skill, added feature of buying and upgrading items each match and effect loadouts for each heroes.

I was going to buy overwatch but honestly paladins kinda makes me doubt to buy overwatch, and the heroes can be unlocked quite fast as long as you keep playing

this is the reason

>Overwatch will never have a healer as fun as Ying

The tedium really gets to me. It's like the game doesn't want you to get into the zone.

WE

>Forced 50
>In a game where teamwork is key

levels don't mean anything

>Also, has anyone else noticed PotG is complete shit now?

I dunno, man. I managed to get POTG as Ana for the first time in the history of humanity.
Not even for killing either. Just a straight Nano-rein while keeping an Ulti-ing Reaper alive for a team wipe somehow got me the POTG rather than either of them.

>when someone mentions your quad kill in a thread

That wasn't the first time a mercy denied my potg. It really pisses me off when it's a quintuple.

I can't tell if it's actually dying or matchmaking just sucks.
Last week it was averaging at about 1 minute to find a game, but this week it's rarely taken more then 20 seconds.