Do you play your single player games blind or prepared?

Do you play your single player games blind or prepared?

Hey Cred Forums, what am I in for?

This is what I do
Before playing
>look up trophy guide
>look up easily missables
>look up optimal play style
>create journal with a roadmap and hints and when certain trophies/milestone should be hit for, example "chapter 3 bossfight, make sure to use water and steak this item, upon defeat trophy should pop"
During play
>journal out
>collectibles guide in print and video
>three different walkthroughs for cross reference
>pause every three minutes to consult walk throughs
>google open in case something unforeseen appears(sidequest not in walkthroughs, bugs, patched content, etc.)
Afterplay
>trophy list to make sure I don't miss one
>bask in screenshots of my accomplishment
>Cred Forums to discuss the game
>three or four different lets plays to see what popular YouTube personalities think and to see different consequences of choices
Game done, fun had, maximum amount of game enjoyed

Completely blind.

Depends on the type of game. I usually only look stuff up for jrpgs for tips and strategy, which admittedly ruins a bit of the fun. I do it mostly because the min/maxing autismo side of my brain revs up for these types of games.

Completely epic.

this is what crippling depression looks like

I look up builds in RPGs to make sure I don't make a shit character I can't fix.

this desu

It depends on the game but a good 95% of the time I like to experience them blind.

Depends on the length and genre of the game.
If it's a simple action game that I can finish in a few hours I go in blind.
If it's an RPG in which making the wrong choice can lead to hours more grinding, I'll look for some recommended team builds.

If there are unlockable characters or equipment that really interests me I'll look it up but otherwise games are best played blind.

Blind on first playthrough. Second one with guides to see if I missed anything cool.

Entirely blind almost always.

In a replayable game with a lot of unlockables I might look up how to get stuff after my first few blind runs.
In Monster Hunter there's zero shame or hesitation in immediately looking up hitzones and drop rates and unlocks.

For long RPGs though, life is better when I ignore completion percentages and permanent missables, exploring only what comes naturally.

Blind.
isn't it obvious? You only get one chance to beat it blind, and unlimited number of chances to play it prepared.

Blind of course, only a retard would spoil himself anything about the game.

Anyone that does first playthrough with a guide is a massive faggot

i do like this autist but only the stuff before playing and without spoilers. otherwise i miss stuff and don't enjoy the complete experience, since i won't replay a 50 hours rpg for a shitty side quest i missed 30 hours ago

watching it on youtube doesn't feel right

I like to go in semi blind. I generally look up builds, item stats, that sort of thing. I also check if there are any mods that are a must.

For heavy RPGs I like to look up general builds so that I don't completely gimp myself before I can finish the game
Stuff like Pillars of Eternity, or Diablo clones

If you don't play blind you literally don't like video games.

>but what if I miss something!

Then you miss it. Spoiling the entire fucking game for yourself ahead of time is a thousand times worse than missing some collectibles or getting the bad end. If it was worth it play it again and if not who fucking cares.

I'm ACTUALLY diagnosed with autism and I'm not as autistic as some of you insane fucks.

This, I don't bother doing research if it's a FPS, platformer, or whatever.

>I'm ACTUALLY diagnosed with autism and I'm not as autistic as some of you insane fucks.

made me kek

I like to go in fresh. I don't want spoilers of any kind. i don't even want tips or advice on how to play

I always watch a Let's Play of a game before I play it, even if I bother to play it, let alone finish it. Then I'll spend all my time posting about how much I love the game on various forums with no one being the wiser.

Always blind

I ain't gonna replay a 200 hours jrpg lmfao

>playing single player shit
>ever

Hey, there's nothing wrong with wanting to maximize your efficiency. At my age, I don't have a lot of time for video games, but I do have a lot of free time at work, so it makes sense for me to research when I'm at work to make sure I get the most out of my video games.

Always as blind as possible the first time.

Usually prepared if I'm playing it again.

If it's a difficult game like DS3, I'll use a guide or let's play. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but I don't have time to do a whole level again just because I make one mistake and get jumped

Blind. I still play single player games with a notebook next to me.

I haven't used it since 2004 (While playing VtM:B)

Blind run first. If I like it enough I'll play it again and I might eventually decide to look a few things up. Looking shit up ruins that part of the game but sometimes it is best to get past roadblocks in this way.

shit, this is how autists play video games??

thank god i can just enjoy my vidya without acting like i'm preparing for the olympics.

Usually I look up some character building guides and FAQs so I don't end up screwing myself over.

this is exactly my point.

and this is also my excuse for savescumming and speeding up emulated games

Are there any games where it's even possible to screw yourself with character builds/poor stat allocation? i don't think that has ever happened for me. Any game where that is even possible is poorly designed

some autists have more fun researching/preparing stuff about a videogame than playing the said videogame.

for example, it took me like a week to read all the fallout 1 wikia and to write a super efficient build/roadmap to get every weapon/armor/quests/etc... (stuff like exactly what to level up at what level, etc) but i never bothered actually playing the game.

i also did the same with new vegas but i've also enjoyed playing it and got my perfect maxed out build and everything, pic related