Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?GCcVybjpTco&v=B1a2CxaeFs0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They love money
And have realized we will still pay even with reused assets
Its not hard to understand

>play legion
>enter Legion building
>the building design is the exact same as the ones in WotLK but green instead of blue

>enter fort
>it's the exact same layout since vanilla

>playing WoW
found your problem. Warcraft died with the Frozen Throne

They've been doing this since Classic, so I'm not sure why it comes as much of a surprise to you.

Because you keep buying the game moron.

I'm pretty sure there were no expansions to reuse assets from before vanilla.

People still playing this shit? Lmao

Why aren't people still talking about the game did something happen? Did people realize blizzards barebone designs?

well cot was on the files since the beta and you got it on tbc
lets not talk about how part of emerald dream was in the beta too

They reused assets from WCIII. The whole engine is reused from WCIII, and in vanilla, a lot of the units were the same models as WCIII.

Straight man poo poo?

Did anyone notice how 30 days exactly after the expansion launched, there are no threads going 500+ posts, every single fucking day, praising legion, saying how it's such a "great" expansion, and how everyone who disagrees is wrong?

Weird.

because no one seen WoD caves cause no one was playing it
why make new assets when you can use something no one has seen before

Probably because everyone is playing it and you're missing out

Yeah, people are busy playing

this shit happens with every game ever, marketers push their shit and then fuck off after the contract is done after a month.

nigga is thrall's head the flashback baby Grinch???

Nah, that's tinfoil goy.

>Every open world game ever
>Copied and pasted assets on a height map
>Bring surprised at this

Legion is filled with recycled assets from previous expansions. I'm actually surprised more people don't complain about it.

reused is probably the wrong word. wow wasn't developed after wc3, it was in development when reign of chaos was halfway finished. there's a really awesome presentation about it somewhere, with basically the earliest available screenshots etc.

or maybe it's that there's nothing new to talk about after a month?

riiight.

there is nothing new to talk about a week for many games.
yet it still is brought up for a month.

and it happens for every AAA title no matter how retarded it is.

I left in start cata, just came back for legion.
I skipped out on the worst it seems. Can't find any recycles from old expansions, since I didn't play it them.

I think the recycled parts they are talking about are old models, cave designs, textures, or environment assets, like trees, rocks, and such.

I didn't fall for 'le-illidan-meme-expansion', so I don't really know how bad it is, but I can assume it's the same shit all over again, just with a slightly different building pattern and color schemes.

It's got a lot of new shit in it and it's actually quite a lot of fun. It's definitely at least as good as Mists

It feels different enough from wrath, at least to me.
Still don't know how to feel about artifact weapons though. Only really playing cause my old friend group wanted me too. They are paying me in WoW tokens, so blizz isn't even getting my money.

>I skipped out on the worst it seems.
You played wotlk
>Can't find any recycles from old expansions, since I didn't play it them.
Caves recycled since vanilla

>legendaries and retarded tots forged system makes raiding far less about skill and far more about how has the best rng with loot
>if you don't spam mythic+ dungeons all day you're behind in both gear and AP
>blizzard says they won't need specs that are ahead, just buff underperformers up so your AP isn't wasted
>proceeds to nerf the fuck out of a bunch of specs
>world quests are literally dailies with a tweest
>bunch of grinding bullshit wrapped up in a different package
>faggots sucking blizzard's almighty dick will defend this yet again

2 years from now you'll be saying how much you hated legion just like wod faggots

Gtfo blizshills
You'll eat anything blizzard shits out

I dropped Warlords after three weeks and I haven't bought Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Overwatch, Hearthstone or HotS, but you're right I'm just a blizzdrone

>if you don't spam mythic+ dungeons all day you're behind in both gear and AP
You can't spam +8, and others don't drop good enough loot
>legendaries and retarded tots forged system makes raiding far less about skill and far more about how has the best rng with loot
How so?
Guild who cleared mythic first was geared in the hm +6
Your opinion is worthless just like you yourself

>You played wotlk
Was WoD so terrible that people just neglect it's existence?

>play on classic server recently
>alliance for the first time
Realize IF and UC are nearly the same in layout, same goes for that troll cave in the dwarf starting area and that cave in the orc area

I dropped wod after BRF, but raiding was good enough for the WoD to be better than wotlk

You dont spam +8, you spam +2 because its the most efficient way to grind loot you fucktard. You just rely on getting titanforge procs. Nobody does anything higher other than once for their weekly chest if youre at all relevent.

Yeah, they also run 5 split clears with alts, like every top 10 world guild, which amounts to the same fucking thing, grinding. Though I'm sure you haven't even stepped foot in mythic EN yet let alone killed anything even remotely challening like Il'gynoth, fuckboi

I would argue Northrend had 10/10 aesthetics and Ulduar, but I haven't actually played WoD.
So I can't really say much besides ''Everybody and their mom tells me it's hot garbage.''
Heard that legion already has more content than the whole of WoD.

You summed up everything I've been seeing the paid shills praising for the last month.

It's garbage. It's grinding currency made scarce artificially just so they can control how much, and for how long, you are supposed to play their game.

I stop whenever a developer starts to get in my way, dictating how/when I'm supposed play their game, and only allowing me to play it their way. That's where I draw the line.

>You just rely on getting titanforge procs
>+2 titan forged can't be higher than 860
It's like you are retarded or something
>Yeah, they also run 5 split clears with alts, like every top 10 world guild
Yes, just like they did for the last 2 expacks. I still don't see them crying about no legendaries and rng, they just farm best aviable gear
>Though I'm sure you haven't even stepped foot in mythic EN
Killed spider and nythendra in mythic on this week
But it doesn't have anything to do with you crying about people being forced(lol) farming titanforged and legendaries gear

I don't think many people even consider wod to be an expansion, per se.

>implying the only challenge in this game isn't to find a decent group
>implying your gear doesn't play the game for you
>implying avoiding glowing effects on the floor and killing adds means skill

Can you link proof you avoiding glowing effectd on floor in terms of armory and mythic avhievementd?

If by content you mean recycled leveling quests as dailies at max level, and grinding for gear endlessly, then sure.

You really think mythic aotc are hard to get by, don't you?

Yeah, that's generally what content means.

It's stuff to do, so yeah.
Also raiding, mythic +, profession quest lines, order hall quest lines per class (still haven't done all of them for each class) leveling up your artifact weapon, farming reputation.
There's a lot more to do than just world quests, user.

wod had raiding, wod had challenge mode, wod had garrisons, wod had the legendary ring grind, and it also had rep grind.

The only thing "new" you mentioned are profession quest-lines, which are nothing more than chain-quests to get recipes, which you used to just get from an NPC in the past. Casuals may think this is "neat", but questing for recipes that will be obsolete within a month, at best, doesn't really resonates well with the role professions were originally supposed to fill. So praising it as something good automatically, may be kind of a stretch, since it being good is far from being a consensus.

Yes, and it was all worse and there was less of it in Legion.

Just because Legion didn't reinvent the wheel doesn't mean it lacks "content".

>wod had challenge mode
Challenge mode was a good idea, but there was no motivation for people to actually do them

I'm just pointing out that saying legion has more "content" than wod is not true in the slightest, it's wishful thinking.

Whether it's good or bad, that's subjective.

No, it does have more content since there's far more to do than there was in WoD. Just because the number of categories of content hasn't changed doesn't mean that there isn't more of it in each.

Well aren't you late to the AAA business
Its a common practice

And everyone is too busy fellating the OP to realise he's wrong. The cave interiors of Legion have not been used before.

Fact checking is dead.

Finally completed the class hall quests for my Main Warlock buffs were nice, but the only actual real improvement was instant RoF why is my main so unfun to play , stuck between DK, Dh, Spriest, Ice Mage and Paladin for my alt.
Still really want to make Not!Garrosh as an Arms though

Any advice as to what I should go for?

Also, how did you fare with your Legion Main pre and post-Balance Patch?
Was and is it fun?

I mean. From a purely technical level, there's a larger quantity of things to do. Wether the content is better or worse, that's in the eyes of the beholder,

Where do you think we are?

It would be, if that weren't turned into a glyph, rather than a standard summon.

You had plenty to do in wod, if you compare to what you have now, in legion. You simply chose not to do it, and the same applies to legion. The only difference is that legion forces you to do those things by rewarding you whatever the new currency is, and some bullshit gear that's sub-par with normal raiding..

I don't get really see what you are trying to get out of this "lijon has more content huuurr", it simply doesn't. You can argue wod "content" was shit, but saying legion has more is simply not true.

Witcher 3 has the most hand-crafted assets I have ever seen in a video game.

Nah, I'm fairly sure I know the cave he's talking about. There's one you get one or two quests from in Frostfire that showed up in Legion, I think in Val

>nuh uh!

nice argument

Legion does have more content and this is an objective fact

>see people bitching and whining about Withered training
>too hard!
>remove Dro!
>a bloobloo

I cleared it fully on the fourth go.
If you don't play a prot warrior it's your own fucking fault, you had a choice.

Congrats, now you're stuck with the most boring class in the most boring role in WoW.

>stuck
I can change to arms any time I want.

I fell for the Legion meme, skipped both MoP and WoD and still it's laughable how everything is so simple and homogenized and you get blocked by a timegate in EVERYTHING you want to do. Don't even get me started on the raids, what a joke. It's like they're still stuck in 2010 or something, be it the encounter mechanics or the overall presentation. Just compare whatever WoW boss you like to the shit that goes down in some of the Primal fights in FFXIV for example.
The whole gameplay boils down to having luck in drops to get a good legendary, enter the raid of your choice once a week and move away when one of your five bossmods flashes across your screen.

Back to FFXIV for me, at least people talk in that game and the "hardcore raid" isn't cleared within 8 hours of release.

You had dailies in wod, you had challenge mode, you had ashran, you had raids, you had mythic dungeons, you had garrisons, you had a legendary grind, you had objective zones or whatever, you had every single thing you do in legion.

I really don't see what you are trying to get out of this, other than people agreeing with you.

This isn't the battle.net forums, where you can just repeat whatever general consensus blizzard decided that you should think, and everyone else will praise you, and down-vote into oblivion all the heretics who disagree with it.

>why is my main so unfun to play
You picked a class centered around channeling spells. Warlocks have always been unfun to play and the only reason people liked them even back in vanilla was a combination of being able to fear people in pvp and the fact that they (arguably) more or less rival Hunters in terms of raw leveling speed.

>I fell for the Legion meme
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice and I'm a blizzcuck.

Sure, but it's actually fun in legion :^)
Also mythic + and the class quests.

>go on general chat
>say "I actually like Gul'dan"
>"SO YOU LIKE HITLER TOO, YOU NAZI FUCK?"

>Back to FFXIV for me
Looks like you missed the point of quitting an MMO.
It's NOT to change to a shittier one.

so much this, i loved w3 and played it to death then my friends switched to WoW, i tried getting into it but i just hate how stupidly childish and cartoony they made everything, w3 had a nice style and story and they butchered all that for this MMORPG shit just to make money off retards

fuck blizz i hope they go down

Sorry but as shitty as FFXIV is, it's better than WoW in virtually every single way.

"Fun" is a buzzword very subjective.

>sorry
Yeah you should be, for playing that shit. That's just embarrassing.

stupid dumb frogposting scum

Not an argument.

Yeah obviously.
>Wanting a legit argument
>On Cred Forums

>pvp
>playerbase

Legion is hot fucking garbage. They took all the things people hated about WoD, spread them out over the world and amplified them while adding even more bullshit. Class design is an insult to a keyboard where fun seems to be a dirty word at Blizzard. More than a few times I've heard Legion called an expansion sized Tanaan Jungle.

>i tried getting into it but i just hate how stupidly childish and cartoony they made everything, w3 had a nice style and story and they butchered all that for this MMORPG shit
They've certainly butchered it by now, but I'm surprised to see someone who disliked vanilla for that reason. I think the setup for the world in its original form was done quite well overall, and it's not like there was a significant change to the aesthetic.

It's only once the first expansion rolled out that I started to see red flags popping up fucking everywhere, not least of which that they were clearly going to turn nearly every significant character from w3 lore into a raid boss at some point.

>pvp
>WoW

I mean yeah, I agree that PvP in FFXIV is awful and dead, but I honestly don't think the pile of shit that is WoW PvP is any better.

I know, fucking morons

You have to remember that the original fanbase of WoW have more or less all left, and that Blizzard would be stupid to cater to them at this point. With things as they are now, Blizzard are better off pandering to the MoP crowd no pun intended, and I think they've managed to more or less do that.

No vanilla was good i guess, my friends started playing it in WOTLK.

You know what bothers me most about Legion?
Not all, but most of the spiral staircases (Blackrook hold, Maw of Souls) spiral in the wrong direction.
Also no one knows how to pronounce Aegis.

I know these are minor things, but it really highlights how little effort they put into the game and just throw shit at it as fast as they can with no attention to detail.

Up to tbc 99% of caves had the same design.

I miss MoP.

MoP's daily quest scheme is basically the same as Legion's but Legion's is a bit disguised

>If you don't play a tank it's your own fucking fault, you had a choice.

>my friends started playing it in WOTLK.
Okay now your post is starting to make a hell of a lot more sense. I dropped it just after WotLK came out. By then, it had completely lost its charm for me.

How? wq's are basicly a copy paste refined from D3

maybe everyone on the broken isles used to be left handed

Everyone on Azeroth (100%) is observably right handed.
The castle defenses favor attackers and disadvantage defenders.
It's retarded and I don't know how nobody noticed.

help me I love spriest so much but it's a meme spec. should I switch to mage or hunter?

Fair.
I liked the theme of them, and the build up with big spends or, in the case of Afflock, slow set-up and then sudden "Oh no, all those little bits of damage are suddenly adding up now!" Channelling in WoD.

I really hate how demon-centric they are now though.
And how much more squishy they are.

Are Hunters even that good any more? I assume BM is, but how are the others? I was going to main/alt one until I saw the change to the Aspects, particularly Aspect of the Cheetah

Frost Mage is fun, the other two specs are strong.

Taming pets is always fun, but I've heard a lot of the beasts in the Broken Isles are untameable ESPECIALLY the cool ones no confirmation on that though, as I haven't tested it myself

Wait what? How does the direction of spiral staircases do anything?

what the fuck is that Jason Dill on 9/11? damn can that dude skate...

The inner pillar is designed to block the swings of invaders (Who generally come from below).
Defenders have the full width of the circle to swing their swords instead.

Legion staircases do the opposite and give attackers all the room.

Well both the Alliance and Horde are militarily incompetent, so. . .

So it isn't problem with maw of souls, because boarding party usually could come only from the deck

It's just strange in general for a boat to have a spiral staircase.

Witcher 3 was copied and pasted as much as skyrim

>Are Hunters even that good any more?
You're asking the wrong guy: I play vanilla, where Hunters are king.

>still falling for the WoW maymay
i switched to Eve and didn't look back, fuck this shit game making certain specs inherently shit forever and ever out of blizzard running on spite and being massive packs of homos.

>vanilla hunters
>good
lol

>play vanilla
>enter some caves and buildings
>they're all the same shit
WOOOOOOW

>Have done basically everything there is to do right now
>Just want to play fucking Vanilla
It's still kinda fun, but a poor replacement.

Legion is fun.

I hope you appreciate the irony of posting this in a thread that is likely to cap in 2-3 hours

I'm playing on a vanilla server right now. They kick major ass. Literally the best class at leveling, respectably useful in pvp, and can really save fights from becoming teamwipes in dungeons if you know what the hell you're doing with your pet.

Fuck off shill

You think you do but you don't.

>THE ILLIDARI CANNOT BE STOPPED
whoa easy man

>Fourth go as a tank class
Is that supposed to be impressive?

So much asspain.

Idiots pay for that shit regardless.

vanilla hunters were amazing and a lot of fun to play

I just tried out a vanilla server the other day (that has the original 11/10 difficulty levels and 1xXP leveling) expecting a slight nostalgia binge followed by boredom. NOPE, it's like crack cocaine to me. Be careful about going back, because not only is the nostalgia real, but the game is a challenge again which means people are SOCIAL again.

Oh no, I remember man. But after nostalrius I just... Having such a pure and real experience ripped from me like that. I can't deal with it again.

There's also a replica cave of WoD in Highmountain. The cave where you first meet Dargrul the Underking is ripped directly from WoD. You can literally go to the same cave in about 20 different places on Draenor. The location that immediately springs to mind is next to the Temple in Tanaan Jungle.

Pretty depressing to me that MoP was universally regarded as trash when it was released, but all the people that hated it don't even participate in WoW discussions anymore, so it's now regarded as a brilliant expansion, almost as good as any of the first two expacs.

>I'm playing on a fun server right now.
Fuck off, retard
They were fun, just like locks
But they never were good

I have fond memories of vanilla, but I don't really understand the desire to go back to it and play seriously. Maybe because I played it when it came out up until the end of Wrath, but I just feel like it's all been done, there's nothing new to see. There was a real sense of wonder to it (probably partly because I was kid) that I don't think will ever come back.

I do get the appeal of messing around on it for a while though. Maybe that's enough.

thanks for reminding me to unsub user

I don't recall Vanilla having this amount of secrecy in their content though.
youtube.com/watch?GCcVybjpTco&v=B1a2CxaeFs0

>But they never were good

T2 Hunters / locks were great for solo pvp, farming and did more than acceptable DPS in raids.

Pretty much every class had it's moment in the spotlight in vanilla, excluding paladins, ret paladins were a joke until the pre-TBC patch hit and gave them a mortal strike equivalent.

Contrived or not but I am amused there's a decent amount of secrecy in the hidden artifact skins. Even with data-mining being the norm.

>WoW was never good
Cred Forums is so predictable with their irrational hate for games everyone consider to be genre defining

Why is blizzard so inconsistent with their censorship-policy?

Have they censored anything other than Sylvanus' mid-section.

They suddenly went back to some old vanilla gear and sylvanus'd it.
Look up the Ravager Set for instance.

>Sylvanus

>art style is more defining than gameplay and social experiences
Found bullshit.

I've never played a mail wearer so I wouldn't know. Is this how it currently looks? That's still pretty slutty - not Saltstone levels of slutty but still pretty slutty.

good morning goyim

>play Legion
>actually be overwhelmed by how much shit there is to do after 110

What the fuck? I skipped MoP (thought it looked good but I was deployed) and came back at WoD launch and holy FUCK the end-game was abysmal. Legion actually feels like there is too much to do.

See that underwear thing underneath the "scales"?
There used to be nothing there.

So, besides Mythics (and maybe Heroics I guess?), are WQs that drop gear the best way to feasibly get a legendary drop?

You mean billion dollar company.

>if only Cred Forums would've listened

Good lord, and I thought garrisons were tedious.

>complains about rehashed content
>wants to run deadmines for the millionth time on nost servers
Nostfaggots cannot be this dumb

>GREYMANE'S FORCES HOLD THIS WARDEN TOWER

Garrisons aren't gameplay. It's a cookie clicker sim with CDs, AKA Farmville.

Getting and losing gear is the basis of any sandbox, so if you haven't played those your argument is irrelevant.

>Getting and losing gear is the basis of any sandbox
Getting and upgrading gear is the basis. I haven't seen many sandboxes that makes your gear unrepairable.

Are you the same guy that created the image?

Sounds like a great way to lose 90% of your playerbase, I sure am glad you're not in charge of anything.

Fuck I want orange juice now

This would be really anti-fun. No one would want to do anything, afraid they might come one step closer to losing their precious gear should they fuck up. Not to mention being ganged up on and spawn camped, making you infuriated because ever time you're killed, you're losing progress already made and coming closer to being fucked out of gear.

Also, how does having world gear generate crafting and economy?

Why not take this idea, and actually making the gear repairable? What the fuck does it even add, beyond frustration, that you can't repair your gear?

The best part about vanilla is that cooldowns were basically limited to Rogue. Now every goddamn ability has to have a cooldown associated with it. Shouldn't skills just have inherent value that you can only take advantage from if you recognise the right situation for it?

Same shit bugged me about diablo 3. Really jarring going from diablo 2 which had a few very sparing soft-cooldowns based on your faster cast speed, like hydras (probably for the sake of game performance, if anything) to, half of your ability bar is restricted from you 75% of the time.

Just makes it feel as though none of your abilities have any synergy. Which is a lame feeling.

We all do, user.
We all do.

I missed my DK from MoP. So much shit to do, me and a friend would team up as UH DK and Holy pally and just dick around in arenas.

Everything that didn't have to do with pandas was solid.
except the hozen.

I'm really enjoying it so far. It will never return to old WoW because old WoW didn't have LFG but honestly it feels alive again and I'm loving it.

We'll see how I feel in a month but in a month they will probably have released the new patch.

>that one cave from Pandaria
>it's exactly the same in Legion except the water got replaced with fel lava

A piece of salami...kek.

Upgrades are Korean MMO grindfests. EVE is an example of losing gear, and so is SW.

>optional world content
>if you don't like it, just stay in your class hall, queueing like always
It's not as if it's worse in any manner. Replacements should be cheap except for the really lucrative mats and gear.

Not an argument.

>No one would want to do anything, afraid they might come one step closer to losing their precious gear should they fuck up
Why? Risking the level of gear they're wearing is the crux of an interesting metagame. Without loss is no anticipation.

It's not as if all gear is some rare find. There are crafted pieces, if not all of it. Bosses can drop mats or loot, but the point is that the game previously had grinding for lucrative enchants and such, and it doesn't seem to anymore. They even fucked it up with auto-scaling enchants and gems.

>how does having world gear generate crafting and economy?
See above. Losing gear is required to replace it. Replacing it is the key to having lots of auction house volume. Pic relevant.

didn't link

How is someone this smug about liking the worst expac yet?

Is this coming from someone who plays legion?

WoW always been a treadmill system, though, because from day one it's taken a few pages from Diablo's playbook.

And in Legion they just said fuck it, let's essentially make them the same game.

The game won't change because you think this idea is better, so I don't know who you're trying to convince.

It's not about enforcing some sort of pressure on Blizz from a few posts on a forum. It's just about truth, and if enough agree then taking it to he official forums is fine. But if you expect the game to get better without discussing ideas, you have little to show for it.

>enter stormwind
>its the same stormwind since vanilla
WTF??????

To be fair, the Scourge were originally aligned with the Legion, and they used a mashup of Legion tech with Nerubian design after settling in Northrend.

>play Dragon Age 2
>every dungeon is the same cave
>every cave is the same cave

I don't see your point

Ah yes, very impressive

People are just now exhausting the content and losing interest. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

>exhausting content
>losing interest
>a month after release

Great expansion you got there, chief

People always burn out on WoW in a month's time. The only people who stick around are the ones who can never leave.
I can never leave.

You don't need to be a tank. You just need to have good ranged abilities to control your pulls and at least two interrupts for the wraiths.

>mfw I got more enjoyment out of WoW over the last 12 years than any fagboy got out of WC3
Its just a shitty RTS that was only good for its mediocre storymode.

>he isn't playing both to this day
guess you aren't a very big warcraft fan m8
bet you didn't even play warcraft 2

only time I boot up WC3 is when I wanna play some Island Troll Tribes.
That was actually legit.

>he isn't playing both to this day

Not him, but I don't play it as much as I used to. The custom games that I like to play aren't as prevalent and I'm not going to join the Cred Forums lobby games.

Vanilla, TBC and to a lesser extent WoTLK was all about finishing the story of warcraft. Which is why everything that came later feels so out of place and tacky.
Blizzard ran out of ideas and bolted stuff to continue the treadmill.

Also, Warcraft 3 was pretty fucking cartoony.

>WoW Arena Championship on youtube
Self-explanatory, but these things catch me by surprise. Why don't they show tournaments more often?

This guy gets it. He probably played lots of UO and SWG. I'm right there with you brother.

whats wrong with the Cred Forums lobby games? haven't reinstalled warcraft 3 in a good 5 or 6 years now

Bad experiences with previous Cred Forums-group gaming. It always devolves into a circle jerk when names are involved.

>exalted with nightfallen
>got legion pathfinder, part one

what now