I'm not really interested in all the console-war bullshit, this is a serious question

I'm not really interested in all the console-war bullshit, this is a serious question.

Is Microsoft really bragging about having HDR in their games in 2016? Or are they misusing the term?

Please explain.

in b4 thread is taken over by fanboys and no one actually answers my question

I think this is the first time HDR has been on Consoles

PC isnt a console

Lost Coast was showing off HDR lighting. The HDR being advertised by Microsoft and Sony is for the whole image. Basically better range of colors.

Did HDR TVs and monitors even exist in 2004?

HDR 2016 =/= HDR 2004

HDR 2016 has to do with the range of colours available, HDR 2004 has to do with lighting effects

So when did they stop having those fantasy girls on the gfxcards?

Here is an example what HDR does in HL: Lost Coast.

Exactly, they're two completely different concepts. OP prefers the company of men

When gaming went super serious and people stopped acting like it was something just for nerds.

I was honestly asking.

When it became cooler to just have edgy symbols on em.

No, and they're still incredibly uncommon.
OP is a literal retard.

Gaming has sucked since it's gone mainstream.

Left is HDR COLOURS
Right is HDR LIGHTNING

It triggers me too much that people have no idea Source engine's HDR in concept is the complete opposite of what actual HDR is, so when kiddies hear about it in 2016 they keep thinking it's bloom.

>asks an honest question admitting he doesn't know

>retard

Oh ok.

It's a meme like 90% of the shit PC users brag about. Show them 5 images, 2 with HDR and 3 without and I guarangoddamntee you only 1 in 10 could even randomly get 1 right.

2 different things that both have the name hdr

I can't imagine people jumping at the idea of getting 4k HDR TVs the same way everyone gradually got a HD TV.

It's not like we're gonna have the Dead Rising issue again where people literally couldn't read the text on a CRT.

I miss AGP cards

user, the one bragging about HDR is Sony. They spent an entire conference saying how HDR on ps4 is the future and begged us to buy their special HDR ready TVs.

And yes, you are right, HDR existed on PC a decade ago.

Anyone else not give a shit about 4K?
1080 is enough pixels for me

>LOOK AT ALL THE COLORS
>Proceeds to release nothing but brown or blue games

I kinda asked the same shit a week ago and got jumped by xdrones

BUT LOOK AT THOSE SHADES OF BROWN AND BLUE

Come on user you need at least 1440p

In 2 years, people are going to act like 1080p was murky and even worse than 4:3.

>Microsoft really bragging about having HDR in their games in 2016

>It's okay when Sony does that!

you mistake HDR as post process effect for HDR monitors support
HDR effect on consoles since xbox360 shaders became available

Tbqh with you senpai. Even a lot of modern games don't rely on brown and blue anymore.