youtube.com/watch?v=6vzBIIsoUMM&list=PL3tPDwvv7zc04w_oOQCX-DfEAd89mn3kD&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=1it3c_eu5cs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=L8v0xBo5bc8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=EU3bvDgUyBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>...she was a true patriot

>cry

just once.

Wow made me cry, I was like 7 when I first played it and some level 60 came to Northshire and called me a noob. I legit cried irl. I didn't know what i'd done wrong to deserve this treatment.

underage b&

Released in 2004. I played in 2005. 18 now.

Persona 3's ending made me well up.
The 4th movie however made me cry twice.

Mother 3 had me choked up several times

Who the fuck cries because of a video game?
You'd have to be a pretty soggy emotional mess for that.

Bioshock 2

>no tears
>just mutant fatherly feels

Red Dead Redemption, the moment John reencountered with his family again

>game

Please reply to me if you completely finished the game and DIDN'T cry.

I don't think there are any people though so I don't expect a reply.

True Pacifist ending. Really helped that I didn't encounter anything immersion-breaking for the whole thing.

>Who the fuck cries because of a video game?
It's called relaxing and letting yourself become emotionally invested in an experience. Who are you scared of crying in front of if you're playing a video game alone? That makes no sense.

>Games that made you cry.

I literally came here to say

>inb4 Undertale

Guess I wasn't fast enough

Who the fuck actually - plays - video games? You need to have some high level of autism for that

The end of Lisa The Joyfull made me cry like an kid.

Games haven't made me cry, but the soundtracks have. (I haven't even played Nier)

youtube.com/watch?v=dkMkgdxs1s4
youtube.com/watch?v=3mOMQ_S3OCc

I came pretty close to crying when you first come into the house of the furry king and you hear the undertale theme song play while the mobs explain the history of the underworld.

The endings didn't really feel sad to me though.

The Walking Dead S1
After the cannibals (ep2 I think) things get really sad pretty fast

>pic fucking related

>playing Undertale
>CRYING because of Undertale

The ending specifically got me

I refuse to play 2 because it's probably retarded power fantasy garbage

>This

It had pretty good writing though? Explain the autism part.

I remember going into the metro station and actually watching the cartoon channel for like an hour seeing shit like popeye and the likes.

Didn't get to the ending I got stuck somewhere along the line. Literally bought it because of the graphics back then because I was a pleb.

>Didn't get to the ending I got stuck somewhere along the line.

Probably the hell dimension place

>Explain the autism part.

He didn't like it.

>this is good... isn't it?

>I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea

Yeah that part was good too.

>The endings didn't really feel sad to me though.
The final fight was an emotional rush. I wouldn't call it sad, but it still moved me in spite of being so cringe-y. I often find bittersweet happy moments leaving me with glassy eyes moreso than sad ones.

Playing the game is the autism part, it's like minecraft or sonic the hedgehog, automatic autism

Link's Awakening. It holds a very special place in my heart. Something about it all being a dream was just heartbreaking to me, watching everything fade away set to the Ballad.
Nowadays it incites an intensely powerful and heady nostalgia, unlike anything else from my childhood. I'm not really sure why, even now I'm getting a little emotional thinking about all the details I love.

>"You raped our forests and poisoned our streams, and now you slaughter our young! We will abide your existence no longer, mankind! You will atone for your sins with blood!"

2 is actually pretty good in the sense that Jackie still has to deal with his trauma about Jenny

youtu.be/nP-AAlZlCkM

That entire scene and the ending FUCKED me

>That feel when the emotional feelings for the game have been tempered by dingaling's dad dying
He's my dad

This here is the perfect example of toxic masculinity. Fuck you.

Rest in peace

Ending of the first season of The Walking Dead, only thing I can think of

>dad used to call me "buddy" when I was a kid.
>that ending
I wasn't ready

It helps the final two tracks are pretty emotionally charged

youtu.be/4KftKvz0LK4

youtu.be/eMLcGmC6ozc

Banner Saga didn't make me cry, but it made me feel somber. I think it's one of the few "hopeless" settings that isn't grimdark.

I cry easily.

>youtube.com/watch?v=IRx9gnY0Mp0

Crisis Core

Oh yes.

This here is the perfect example of being a numale. Fuck you.

No matter how bizzare, outrageous, or just plain idiotic a parody of a Fundamentalist may seem, there will always be someone who cannot tell that it is a parody, having seen similar REAL ideas from real religious/political Fundamentalists.

pokemans mystery dungeon
errytime

I did actually because it was kind of sweet.

God that game was an extreme amount of unexpected feels.

I always get emotional when I read Randalf Clark's entries in Fallout Honest Hearts. That part in the last entry where he writes about leaving a small custom message for everyone living under his protection.

Iji is pretty damn heavy on feels.

well memed user

snake.. had a hard life.

Honestly, Undertale got me close but because it was so happy. Sad things never make me get misty, just really happy things

Didn't cry but was starting to tear up. The whole game was getting to me but hearing the Transistor begging Red started to fuck with my eyes.

I don't know why, but the opera cinematic at the end of Portal 2 always makes me tear up a bit.

I know you guys love to shit on that game, but fuck you, that scene is legit beautiful.

How do you rape a forest?

Carefully.

Hatchet, axe and saw?

And in the end, what was your reward? You never said, but I think I know.

A family.

SOMA.
I mean, I haven't burst into tears and bawled because of any game, but SOMA was pretty fucking heavy.
Silent Hill 2/3.
The Darkness.
Telltale's The Walking Dead.

Also, dumb shit that made me cry: When I was an idiot 12 y/o, the ending of Devil May Cry made me cry. The bit that turned into a meme.

youtube.com/watch?v=HSFSLPU9yO4

I almost cried when lee died

I didnt. Any time blue bird lamentstion played in Virtues Last Reward or Zero Time Dilemma got to me though

Don't ruse user.

>crying because of video games

lol u niggas gay

Just seeing the title of the song tears well up

You knew it was going to happen and it didn't make a difference.

this

Im not rusing

bix nood mufugga WE

Lol, 2 of those botches thought they were slick pretending to be married. But one is retard and has her ring on her pointer. The other apparently is the newest member of the green lanterns corp

The dying guy must be disappointed

No, you see even when you let your guard down, video games are hardly emotional, the characters and story are mostly lacking and you're too busy doing shit to get emotionally attached or something.

Don't axe for consent

The credits music from SM64 makes me cry.

>i don't understand emotion
>they must be the one with autism
ahahahahahahahahah
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fuck I forgot about that. I actually cried as well as a little kid.

Why the fuck did we cry about shit ending as little kids? It didn't even had to be sad just an ending.

I'm not a baby back bitch who cries at video games. Played all three games, 100%. Not even close to a tear. The only thing that could've made me cry is how they ruined everythign after the Safe ending and how mediocre Zero Time Dilemma was.

I agree with VLR and ZTD being weak as fuck.

You're inhuman for not crying at 999 though.

>he cried to a final fantasy game.
I'm not going to insult you, just gonna say you need to up your standards a little.

To The Moon is the only one.

Maybe KS when I was younger.

>Not knowing what color a crayon is as an adult without reading the label first

Fatal Frame II, honestly. I got so attached to Mio, Mayu and all the people from All Gods' Village.

>No matter what you choose, I know you'll make the right decision
>Chloe... I can't make this choice
>No, Max... You're the only one who can

youtube.com/watch?v=YaVE4WVlsDQ
fuck that ending.

KS is not that old you child.

I've been tempted to buy leifthrasir even though I don't have a playstation anything

Virtual novels are not games but interactive stories.

Yeah, I feel really bad for Akane forcing everyone to play a death game all because she can't do Sudoku. Not my fault you have such a bone for her. The only redeeming factors that Akane has is that she is not Mira, Alice, Eric, or VLR Clover.

it still gets to me

I said younger, not really young. It was over 4 years ago senpai.

Never cried, but I felt like an absolute cockbag in Kingdom Under Fire where we had to raze a town just because one of the town's folk saw us brokering a deal with the dark legion and Walter wanted to be a good little boy and stay in Ecclesia's good books.

>Even Orcs don't kill women and children

And then the same town is visited later and it's blamed on the Legion.
Fuck Walter

That's there for the viewer, not the character

You're supposed to get immersed in fiction and feel. They're designed for that. Comedies are trying to make you laugh, tragedies are trying to make you cry and horror is trying to scare you. There's no shame in giving in. You literally paid for exactly that. If you don't feel anything you're not getting what you paid for and you're at a great disadvantage in life.

Those emotions are what you want from fiction: great emotions you've never felt yourself, pain you can leave behind by closing the book if it gets too bad. Death and destruction feel deliciously real conjured up with the right words and you can leave them behind as you please, at no cost or risk to yourself. I can't believe there are faggots like you who don't "get" entertainment as a whole and even brag about doing it wrong.

The fuck are you on about?

>You literally paid for exactly that
Stopping you there. Who made you the authority on what I paid for or how I should feel? I paid to play a game. Not in search of feelings.

>tfw I was gonna post that too
I'm not ashamed to say I was streaming tears.

VLR was better than 999

You completely missed the mark. But you're obviously baiting hard so I'm going to leave you alone.

>good writing
>literally grow powerful because of determination and friendship

>NO NO NO YOU'RE NOT EXPERIENCING IT PROPERLY

You sound like you play Smash a ton.

"SNAKE!"
fuck the true ending safe end destroyed me

Yeah, it's funny, the other ending didn't even phase me, but that one fucking broke me.
Never again.

Experiencing the gameplay is making you feel a certain way too, that is why you keep on doing it. It's probably excitement or accomplishment you feel. You're paying for those feelings.

See
And I never said anything about just not feeling anything, if you didn't feel anything for it you wouldn't enjoy it.
But crying over something like that is kinda dumb.

I think you should probably stop playing games or stick to pac man

Why are you even in this thread if the only games you play don't focus on the narrative

So what was it about the game that made you cry, then? It honestly didn't make my eyes moist in the slightest. Go ahead and write it off as "baiting hard" and live in your overly emotional world. I had more sad emotion in Telltale's The Walking Dead when Lee died than in anything in all of Zero Escape. Didn't cry at that either. I'm not inhuman, I'm just not someone who cries over fiction.

Guthix is the best looking god in all Runescape

How far will the goalposts go? You be the judge, anons!

Pretty veddit in here...
Nu-Cred Forums get out

It said games that made you cry, not interactive movies / choose your own adventure books

On topic: Mechwarrior 2's expansion, Ghost Bear's Legacy.

good form

youtube.com/watch?v=yRJ_DuXP6IM

fuck you, I'm a huge sucker for bittersweet romance alright.

That's like saying it's great if you find games amusing but actually laughing is retarded.

>Arguing over something as arbitrary as this
Even has all le epic buzzwords too.
It's on Steam. It's a game in my book. Who the fuck cares. Honestly?

I was completely not expecting such a warm and cozy end to that game. Whole game had the tone set to be one of those edgy grimdark sort of affairs. Was expecting some tragic, lost to the depths sort of sendout.

So, because I don't cry at video games, I should stick to the arcade? Makes sense.

I play tons of games like that. I just don't take out my money and think "Gee, I hope I cry this time or fall in love with a fictional character!" Why does my satisfaction have to be tied to such things in your eyes?

it's implied he knows the color, the joke wouldn't work the other way.

It's great until you get out of the Normal path and suddenly it turns out all the monsters are sooper nice and probably would let you trample hem if you asked nice enough. Oh and you're the real monster because apparently just blowing on a monster too hard kills them.

Is it just me or does everyone who like Undertale smell like someone pissed in the ball pit

Laughter is something that can be found anywhere and everywhere. Crying is not. You don't have to be invested in shit to laugh. Someone on the street falls on their ass? It didn't take you a 30 hour game to build up empathy for the "character" to laugh your ass off. That is a poor comparison.

/Thread

To The Moon really got me too, even though I feel like it's cheap emotional bait.

>That last fight
>You can't win
>No mather how hard you try

Not even frog
youtube.com/watch?v=SCwZrQ4aa88

can't smell through the internet for starters.

they do smell like a pineapple under the sea sponge type poster though if we're memeing.

didnt make me cry , but damn did i felt like a total mess after this one

There's a clear difference between playing a game to experience a good story and getting involved in its world, and as you put it playing a game for the specific purpose of crying your eyes out

but you know that, you're just here to grasp at every linguistic misstep for extra (you)s

>"Gee, I hope I cry this time or fall in love with a fictional character!"
That's some great strawmanning. If you buy a narrative-heavy game you're buying a story, and if you're buying a story you're buying it to feel something.

Are you saying you don't watch movies for the emotions either? Yeah, you just want to watch a movie.

>laughing at retarded slapstick humor with zero build-up
I think I found your problem. No point in discussing this further.

>yfw

youtube.com/watch?v=vLIszDR0g9c

Fuck you, Xavier. Fuck you.

>but you know that, you're just here to grasp at every linguistic misstep for extra (you)s
I see you haven't ever dealt with actual retards. He's realized he sounded dumb and now he's backpedaling hard and throwing a fit in a failed attempt to save face.

In NieR, Grandma's death and Kainé's futile efforts made me cry.

youtu.be/XgMRNiEPPYg

You keep telling me what I'm doing, when that isn't what I'm doing at all. Are you confused?

Also, video games are not movies. Movies can be experienced one way only, with many different reactions.

these come to mind

>Because you're my little buddy.

Crushed me.

When Pac Man dies I cry because he leaves behind a loving wife and child :(

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons fucked me up.
My little brother and I shared the controller so we could play the game as a multiplayer game. Watching him finish the game alone was terrible for me.

Sure, write me off over an easy comparison that makes sense. It says nothing of my humor, but your amazing and superior understanding of human emotion proves that I'm wrong. Heaven forbid someone makes something easy to understand rather than giving a lengthy, specific example from a form of entertainment that someone else might not have experienced.

I didn't cry, but it really made me hate myself.

youtu.be/cjfv9QWmYLM

MOTHER 3

I do play for those reasons, but I have never cried my eyes out. You're making it seem like that is what you are purchasing games for. If you make so many linguistic missteps, maybe you should work on how you write so you aren't mistaken so often.

Hardly a backpedal, cheerleader. I'm on the same stance. He's taken to "...but you misunderstand!"

When otacon says snake had a hard life

The geth did nothing wrong... But I was romancing her.

>Post the only time I cried
>No reason to stay in the thread

Damn it. Wish I was a fucking pansy like the rest of you.

youtube.com/watch?v=pcsi3hU-rX8

>I have stood, knee deep in mud, and bone, and filled my lungs with mustard gas...

is it okay to cry when scenes that involes parents happens in games and movies?
age 11 mom died due to cancer
and at age 21 dad died.

miss em both so much

Fuck off with your shitty Undertake shit.

It's okay user.

people who are capable of immersing themselves in a world, suspending their disbelief, and feeling empathy

Good taste.

Oh i wish i was as tough as you user

it tugged at a few feelstrings but nothing on the level of true feels due to the randomness. don't mind the autistic people.

Forgot pic related.

The Longest Journey

They became conscious, that's what they did wrong.
Also who cares, they're machines.

ganbare onii-chan

oh yes
for sure
i was balling like a baby

Couldn't say, never cared for my family.
Pansy.

Carlos in Saint's Row 2.
I miss how dark Saint's Row could get. Now it's just funny all the time. 2 had the perfect balance, one minute you're laughing, then crying, then feeling kind of sick for what the characters do to their enemies. Fucking amazing game.

Alright, fucking tone it down a notch, edgelord.

Every time. No idea why. I must be Pavlov's bitch because I hear that song and start drooling from my eyes.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3_e4T42nk

My heart strings were pulled with MGS3's salute, but I cried during MGS4's salute.

a lot, because it's pretty easy to make me cry

this one surprised me the most, though
youtube.com/watch?v=OrcungTEqA4

several visual novels have done it and usually much worse than video games

i didn't even feel anything from this, though. bioshock 1 was a fun game but the writing didn't connect to me on any level.

fucking song of awakening, i tear up just thinking about it, let alone hearing it

my mom passed a few months ago and my dad's in his mid 70s

stay strong, buddy

Life is Strange
I guess
Don't judge mu much

>Gremio's death
>That fucking moment when he's gone blind and still talking
>Hero picking up his cape and axe in despair
Just fuck my shit up senpai

Mother 3 made me sob.
having a twin who's attempted suicide multiple times made the ending of this game hit to close to home

To The Moon was the only game that ever made me cry

Lost Odyssey.
You know the scene I'm talking about.

my freaking nigger you know what is good

>he didn't save them both

Literally how do you fuck up that hard?

Kojimbo spoiled most of the ashes scene in MGSV, but I still cried when Kiefer went
>plant your roots in me

And during the final Paz tape. And in the final Quiet cutscene.

Bioshock 2's dad feels and Sinclair's sacrifice.

I was expecting it but it still got me.

>never once played the series without going full pacifist or renegade
How the fuck do you guys stay in the middle? You miss out so many options.

youtube.com/watch?v=89rFeLD3fdc

The Geth were dealt a shit hand, constantly. First they're slaves, then they're being genocided and made to be seen as monster for defending themselves. Then they're tools for the ripraps and again made to be enemies of the galaxy and creating another attempted genocide. Then, finally, they're given a chance, and user kills them so he can fuck his waifu who's race put the Geth through hell.

It's not his fault that his parents never sanded down the edges and polished him into a gem.

F A G G O T

Pretty much the only game to make me cry like a bitch. Even though I knew who the Masked Man was way before I started the game, it didn't make the end any less impactful.

I tried finding the actual source instead of that repost, but couldn't find it despite having the artist's name.

"These... Are my tears."

good comment, user. Very insightful.

>the man named me "Sissel"

System shock.
I cried when I played it and used the canon and it destroyed earth. only because i had played foe like 2 hours and.forgot to save.

Try going into a bar and claiming you aren't underage, see how that goes for you.

I was disappointed by this. Time travelling cats and dogs? No thanks

realistic portrayals of war kill me

I think this might've been the hardest I ever cried in a game ever

Everything is alright ;-;

good thing the entire world isn't Retard Backward-ass Country where you can drive at 16 but can't buy a beer until you are one fourth of the way throught the average lifespan of your species

youtube.com/watch?v=glnpnifV4Fk
I shed a tear over this magnificent soundtrack.

Yeah, the big dramatic twist turned out to be nothing but a lame joke. Don't get why people are so worked up about that game, it's just a bit shit. Cute art I guess

I'm 18, and can do that, and have.
Not every one lives in the U.S.

I wasn't really into computer games for a long time. Didn't get to play them as a kid. I lurked on this board a lot because I sort of knew a bit of them. Back in 2012 I decided to play Bloodlines. It drew me in so bad. I didn't know how good computer games could be. When I finished it, I cried. I didn't want to be in real life again. I haven't felt the same experience since

First playthrough. Didn't know you had to min/max paragon or renegade for some dialogues, so couldn't get an aquittal for Tali.

It still was my fault, I had the neutral option for saving Veetor and Kal'reegar and I didn't choose it.

Add guilt to the sadness.

Some of the people here are big fat weepy manchildren

See pic related

The end theme got me

And for those who haven't played it's this scene and the one afterwards:

youtube.com/watch?v=bPYvu_9Nv-w

How would them being people make it "yes thanks"?

No, I made my waifu suicide for the sake of the justice they deserved.

>a sad story doesn't make him sad
>i-it's just the way I want to play it okay!!
Sure. It's not like you're dead inside or anything.

>and for those who haven't played the game here is a video whose title already spoils everything

That one didn't really get me. Some of the written stuff was much more powerful

Final fantasy type-0 made me cry, I wasn't prepared for that ending

Maybe because I was a but younger when KH2 first came out but this moment killed it for me. Only time I think I've cried.

>Implying you would have actually played this game anyway by now considering its been out for years and years.

not video game, but i cried at
dinner in twenty minutes, milien

Didn't expect this one to do it.

>shooting kenny

>yfw you'll never meet anyone as loyal as Missile ever.

I'm glad you have an infinite amount of time and money that lets you play everything you feel like at once, but not many are this lucky
One of the most retarded arguments ever, stop this shit

I always cry at the second half of the trailer, when they talk about Snake's relationship with The Boss
youtube.com/watch?v=tGQvNuApWAA

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(you)

this one is for free though, gotta earn the next one

youtube.com/watch?v=lw0TWiU38yE

>implying

>implying there is a game that has good enough writing to evoke a strong emotional response

T. Emotionally stunted Retard

>Then proceeds an anime picture.

>animu poster complains about story cliches

I never implied that anime has good writing or made me cry.
Fuck off

>getting sad at the game telling you your choices dont fucking matter

Dont do that

Wept like a bitch.

Yeah user you got a fair point. I'm not going to insult you over it

I'll even admit I haven't even got round to finishing this game myself. (Always burn out at the end of disc 2.)
(So what I 'spoil' is pretty early game stuff anyway)

But even so, I got this game for about a fiver used a little bit after it came out, so it's not exactly an expensive game to get a hold of and if it got a port/rerelease/remaster it would be like £15/$15 at most.

I mean if anyone wants to spoil anything for me then feel free to try, but I already know the plot of the game because I read up on it incase I didn't have the opportunity to actually finish it.

Spoilers aren't important really. It's how the game delivers on it that matters more.
If it nails it then the fact you already know what's going to happen should not spoil anything at all because you will still feel it.
And every time I see that scene in the game and some of the memories I read I feel it every time. In fact I'd say I don't look forward to getting to that part BECAUSE I know what's going to happen.

And seriously, why was the person who wrote the short stories never wrote a full game like that?
Those were even better than the main game story.

Please explain what "don't matter" actually means, cause to me, it seems every game's choices doesn't matter since you're just watching it.
If you mean how your previous choices didn't affect the ending, I didn't really care. It was still entertaining imo.

Some of them are still waiting for their birth by sleep.

Aqua had a hard life

>cause to me, it seems every game's choices doesn't matter since you're just watching it.
try some games with actual gameplay, faggot

I have. You're still watching it.

Why isn't this comic colored with the portrait shown to the viewer? This way the catch is force-fed so hard it leaves you wondering if you got it right.

Or gameplay that affects the story, a la Undertale.

>win
>cry like a bitch

>lose
>feel like shit

Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong board; Cred Forums is two blocks up.

Not cry, but Journey gave me a feeling.
>last section is longer than all the previous ones, before you were dancing around and having fun
>not now, its about sticking by your no name partner to brave the cold
>helping eachother through, getting slower and slower, barely able to speak and signal eachother
>finally climbing the mountain
>can no longer see the light
>start spinning the camera around to find it, but its gone
>start to move very slowly
>me and the other guy stop for a second
>we both just move towards eachother
>he keels over before I can get to him
>I keel over too
Only time a game has got a genuine emotion out of me. Quite pretty too, I would say I want more little games like this but they would have to be quite cheap, you dont really play through them again and they are short, but they are memorable worthwhile experience.

I was crying at the end of Ghost Trick, but those were happy tears

That was one fucking wild ride

this part was hard

>renegade interrupt
>she still falls

I actually liked that, when I saw that prompt I thought it was such a copout that you'd be able to save her.

Not cry, but it certainly hit me hard.

And Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. I actually played it with my little brother. He died two years ago.

How did your brother die?

>This is good... Isn't it?
>Boss, you only need one Snake, no...the world would be better off without snakes...
I cried like a bitch

Random chance.

No, fuck you critic head. I think you and I should settle this here on the thread.

Unlucky.

that's what you get for playing russian roulette

I know that feel bro. Dreeamfall was such a disappointment, haven't played Chapters yet tho.

Fucking Damn it. I had managed to completely forget about this ending. Thanks for reminding me.

yes, there are
(a) there are plenty of games with good writing, though not all are meant to make you cry
(b) there are plenty of people who cry easily enough to be affected by even mediocre writing that is designed to make you cry
(c) eat shit

are you retarded

>Making a video game with a bittersweet ending
>Read these threads hoping to see my game in a few years time.

Man, that game was so fucking good.

And that music...
youtube.com/watch?v=yN-1Eh3ksVA

I couldn't take the transistor desperately pleading with Red to stop.

>there are plenty of games with good writing
Cite one or more.

You're never really seen as a horrible human being unless you specifically kill everyone

Also, it wasn't out of the blue either that the monsters are nice and weak, if you actually go around talking and checking things, you will be told this.

There's a book in the snowy town that explicitly says that monsters greet each other with magic and are super weak, which is pretty much what is happening to the player. Everyone except the bosses doesn't realise that you're a human and uses magic on you like they would with any other monster.

Everything is going to be okay user, hang in there a little bit longer.

The ending of 2 almost made me cry.
Not because of the story itself, but because they thought it was a good fucking ending.

>Always had a really close relationship with my big sister
>Practically my best friend my whole life and my biggest role model
>One day she comes home, happiest I've ever seen her.
>Tells the family she got engaged and is moving out of state after the wedding
>Completely heartbroken that I'm losing my one and only sister to some faggot I barely know
>Finally realize that that faggot makes her really happy and let it go

>Play Rune factory 4 years later
>Go for Forte as a wife
>I'm literally that faggot

That whole event was really hard for me to get through. I nearly died when Kiel asks if you can give her back.

Don't think I ever cried at this, but it came closer than most everything else.

>Me in charge of posting
Drawn to Life 2, I mean.

That is the most pretentious thing I have ever heard in my entire fucking life.

Are you an arts student?

Heroic sacrifices always gets me
So world at War. That phone call at the end of the mission was heartbreaking.

Only time ever.

Spec ops white phosphorous

Rip lee

Didn't cry but man.
(spoils Fable 1)

After all the shit you went through in prison just to get you mom this happens. The choice at the end was also really shitty to make.

youtube.com/watch?v=UAARZ0nCors

depends on what kinds of things you think are good, but these are probably the closest to book-style writing. the thing about games is that the structure opens up different kinds of writing.
kotor 2
planescape: torment
deus ex 1 (iw/hr to a lesser extent)
stalker
morrowind

there are also a great number of visual novels and interactive fiction "games" that have good writing.

but honestly it probably doesn't matter what i name, since you're predisposed to consider game writing bad and all your conclusions probably stem from that base assumption. i doubt i'll change your mind.

Lost Odyssey
TLoU
Saga Frontier 2
MGS4

I think thats about it.

I was so stunned I wasn't even able to press it.

It was a paragon interrupt btw

Only one is married. There's only one left hand which has it on the ring finger.

Can you give an explanation for any of these games as to why you believe they have good writing?

The ending credits song hit me in the feels
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6dFbZ1jvq_U

MGS3's ending made me cry the first time I played it.

The second time I was like "pssshhh, ain't gonna get me this time kojimbo!"

Then I cried anyways.

That ending scene is just so well constructed, from the writing to the visuals.

i doubt i can in the 15 minutes before i leave for work, but i'll try

kotor 1: exploration of an interesting philosophical theme (morality), deconstructs a well-defined universe and illustrates ways in which its assumptions are naive, competent characters with well-defined goals who (in most cases) are working to achieve those goals, and strong worldbuilding that shows a functional, working universe that you happen to inhabit rather than a stage set up for your amusement

planescape: torment: see above, though it's not a deconstruction and rather than morality it explores things like the concept of self. fantastic worldbuilding imo; probably the best of any game i've played. the premise is also a really cool idea imo (an immortal that loses his memory and whose brain decays a bit each time he dies is trying to find a solution to that problem before his mind fades entirely)

deus ex: it explores a lot of different real-world ideas and problems (many of them tied to ideas of governance) dressed up in a coat of dystopian sci-fi conspiracy stuff. all of the major characters (and many minor ones) are well-defined and have very clear motivations that inform most of their actions. characters are probably even stronger than the other two.

running out of time here, but honestly if you're genuinely interested instead of just fishing for responses, i would highly recommend playing all of the games i listed, though some start off slow and aren't for people with short attention spans.

>Mother 3
>No real personal connection to th whole brother thing
>Final Battle
>Flint dives in front of an attack and doesn't get back up
>[Laughter Stops]

Flint is a lot like my father, quiet, stoic, hides emotions,always wears a hat and is secretly balding, etc. Seeing that happen in the middle of the fight fucked me up real bad

Goosebumps

This got me too
Also
-SAVE HER-

to add on to this,
1. play kotor 2 with tslrcm
2. fonv is also a game with good worldbuilding and usually good writing. the dlcs are also good more often than not.

when the kid turned in dying light i was surprised how sad that made me

This game affected me more than it should have

Nobody remembering each other always fucks me up.

How has this not yet been posted?
>You'er the meaning in my life...

We are Diamond Dogs

that should say kotor 2, not kotor 1 btw

The moment she appeared back on screen the game became a 10/10 for me.

I couldnt, the name Diamond Dogs sounds like a glam rock band and I could never take it seriously when people said it.

>the Metal Gear Solid 2 theme swelling in the background when boss salutes

Always gets me. I stand through most the rest of the scene but when that happens I fucking lose it.

>the name Diamond Dogs sounds like a glam rock band
You mean you don't know it's a Bowie reference?

>Looking at the various failure scenes during that song
>Cake falling on girl, tripping falling, etc. standard stuff
>Scene for messing up during her dream is that her dad just keeps walking away in the dream, and she wakes up sobbing into her teddy bear
Jesus Christ

I'm not a very emotional person but MGS3 and 4 definitely made me feel some things.

I know it is, and thats all I can see when I hear it, a jumble of tight spandex, mullets and glitter.

Not gonna cry
Not gonna cry
Not gonna cry

Fuuuuuuuuuck

DQ VII
Lavender and Carraway story

This is the closest any game has gotten me to crying.

I think it was especially impactful because of how silly/zany the tone is for everything else in the game. But this one time when they decided to take ti seriously... damn.

This

People cried over this? Man it was a good game sure but there was nothing sad about it. It was a good conclusion to a good game.

I just wanted a game about cute animals doing cute things

Shinji's death and Akihiko's scene afterwards always gets to me.

The Boss tells Naked Snake not to have personal feelings because of her mission, not because it's the true way to live as a Snake.

Ghost Trick
MGS3
Steins;Gate
Thief guild quest in Skyrim, my cat died while I was playing that

Fuck, shinjiro* how did I miss that.

MGS4? What part?

Ending is pretty sad with the "Snake...had a hard life", the gunshot and Big Boss dying next to The Boss' grave.

Fuck you man this was sad as fuck

>Lisa The Painful RPG and The Joyful
JUST
FUCK
MY
SHIT
UP

I'll give you the stuff up to the gunshot but Big Boss coming out of nowhere is one of the worst and most insulting retcons ever.

I can only recall this happening to me twice.

1st was Final Fantasy X ending. I was like maybe 12 at the time though, recently when I played the HD version nothing.

More recently, MGSV. The blinded by the lights mission and the part where you go into the room with all the guys that salute while they hum the peace walker theme. Holy shit man.

Game? google searching it comes up with lights

Silent Hill 2

This and Keldorns

This guy gets it

Majora's Mask

Please no. When that scene happened I lost all vision from the intense eye-rolling motions I was making.

The pyre-lighting minigame afterwards was also pure cheese.

Goddamit carlos!

Fuck sadness. I only cry tears in the face of hope and human perseverance.

youtube.com/watch?v=MvLCnKqYWzA

And the Christmas level, fuck.

>laughing so hard I can't even pick out storefronts

Autism ;)

>that entire bit during the fight with Beepy
>Kaine knew what they were saying
>"Fuck, shit. This shit is so fucked up, god damnit."
>she never says anything
>You murder hundreds of innocents anyways.

That game was fucked up, man.

>Emile
;_;7

Autism would actually be a lack of understanding emotions, so they WOULDNT cry at sad scenes or scenes of emotional weight, they would be asking why daddy is being lowered into the ground in a box and then play with their phone.

How can Undertale be 2deep4u? You were already powerful from the beginning because of your intentions.

Go on, Ludger. Now it's your turn to look after someone special. Go and create... Your perfect world.

No. I'm just not a massive pussy.

Totally To The Moon

This and Augus.

The end of phoenix wright 2 when franchezka cries

"Its gonna be okay sweat pea."

To the moon and dark cloud

Boy.
You got a way to fall.
They'll tell you where to go.
But they won't know.

I'm the same way brother. Randall was a hero.

Damn you Carlos, you got me

He's my dad

youtube.com/watch?v=JzH4ENFmg70

>that violin track

I'VE GOT SOMETHING IN MY THROAT

I NEED TO BE ALONE

WHILE I SUFFER

OOOHHHH

>toxic masculinity
This
Don't make Wonder Woman and Steve Rogers come kick your ass you cis male

I cried at the end of mgs3 because the series plummets after that.

>They ate them.

I have no sides but I must kek

MGS4 had a wonderful ending.

Before Big Boss showed up and meme'd the fuck out of it.

Like don't get me wrong the ending is still pretty good, the thing with zero was touching in a way, but I feel like the game as a whole would have been better if snake had killed himself.

Kojima said the team wouldn't let him do it

Earthbound because it took me like two years to beat it. Rented it multiple times and then eventually bought it.

zing

Looks like Chrono Cross.

>car
i meant cat fucking kill me

youtube.com/watch?v=JGM3Q1dVDP4

Didn't actually cry, but damn it was close. That fucking game.

That game was way better than I thought it would be. I had such a blast playing it.

>crying to life is strange

MGS 3,4 and the false end of PW touched my heart hard

>I've been dead for 35 years. Today is the day that I live.

>Ctrl F
>No Super Metroid
>No Loch's Quest
>Undertale is here

Good lord Cred Forums what happened to you?
>I'm probably one of the only people who played M2RoS when it was new to completion
>Probably one of the only people who cried when the baby sacrificed himself for Samus
>Loch's Quest is nothing but gut punches no one saw coming

Meanwhile
>Undertale is cliche super obvious friendship/YOU ARE THE MONSTER writing with flat characters that give you little reason to trust or like them and a black and white morality that reads like a 6 year olds view or saturday morning cartoons.

I wish Fire Emblem would have good stories again

>Loch's Quest
That game had no right to be as sad as it was

youtube.com/watch?v=OW02BWFRnkw

The way it silences all his former friends got me

>lost my buddy for over half the game at the very end
>had to climb the mountain alone
>getting weaker and weaker
>crying out but just barely
>hear another faint cry
>another person
>was it my buddy or someone else
>cries too weak to tell
>we just huddle together and faintly cry
>we succumb
FUCK

It's not fair.

Also Tsukihime, Arc's route for some reason.

Hang in there user

We're all in this together senpai. It's going to be allright.

Not a videogame but I'm gonna go ahead and leave this here.

Thank you, i will. the same goes to you. Stay strong during harsh times, bad games and what ever lifes throw at ya.
Be the one who stands
sorry for cheezy sounding

YOU CANNOT HIDE

Didn't cry but the whole finale with Captain Blue in Viewtiful Joe. The confrontation before the fight is perfect, the battles are s tier, and the resolution is too good with that sad/hopeful track(which was also great in Phoenix Wright.) I'm about as big a nerd as Joe so it hit all the right tones.

Is that shit subbed yet?

>Confront the Rando army at the end of Painful
>Oh god we don't have to do this
>Confront Rando
>Rando does his Buster Punches
>Nooooooooooooooooo

Fuck man, that game made me try to do sodoku through my tears, I'll never forget that shit.

Who else /never cried from any media/ here?
Not movies, not books or videogames. I feel like I'm emotionally empty.

I wish I could say that this didn't apply to me, but truth is the final boss in the pacifist run ended up ruining me something bad. Looking back now, it's rather cheap in how it tugs at your heartstrings. All the characters are literally calling your name and telling you how special and important you are, so it's hard not to form a a bond.

But with that said, I was still choked up by aspects like saving your friends, reminding them of how you've helped them to change and that they don't need to stew in their own mistakes. It was nice to see how Frisk has helped them understand themselves, and for some reason Alphys in particular got to me even though I wasn't fond of her as a character. I suppose self-loathing is just more understandable than piking a few tykes, like Asgore did.

This... Is good, isn't it?

Big Boss might've been a senile old fuck, but god damn if that line didn't make me tear up.

What really got me was that none of it really mattered. The guy still fucked everything up, the wife still died knowing her husband never got it, and nothing actually was resolved for anyone involved.

Goddamnit :__:

Hey at least he married his childhood sweetheart, so there's that.

Compare this to 5cm per second.

The end of this game was pretty shitty t.bh

I'd believe you if you only said VLR. It's fucking overused in ZTD to the point it loses its charm.

Also I have only cried two times, during the ending of blue rescue team and that reveal TWO VICTIMS from Spirit of Justice.

>Spanish sahara
>Bay ending

given that I'm a recovering addict with a daughter?
yeah, it destroyed me

>What are you doing?
>Red..
>Don't you do it, don't you dare

Jesus that hit me so hard

non edgy chloe > blue haired chloe

That was what made it more powerful
You have babysitters getting their football loving boyfriend firing hotdogs into a baby's mouth, and a retired baseball star turned amusement park janitor fighting a magma demon holding a child hostage...
Then you have this little girl who's father died, and she's trying to move on with life with her mother and accept his death.
It's the jarring twist from the silly/zany tone the rest of the game had that made it so much more powerful

>could not safe best boy.

FFX's ending always gets me, I don't know why but Tidus and Yuna are my favourite vidya couple.

I was for the longest time, but then I found a few things I got really invested in and shed some tears over. You just have to find something that clicks with you.

>keep your hair short

do drink some red asphalt :^)

Snake Eater was already mentioned so this is my next go-to i guess.

Scene made my eyes water, almost made me cry.

>inb4 narutard faggot

narutard faggot

>>inb4 narutard faggot
:^)

That part made me horny.

>>inb4 narutard faggot
Exactly what you are

youtube.com/watch?v=7IkvAb6THQY

>Step in front of a runaway train,
>just to feel alive again.

> it's probably retarded power fantasy garbage

As if, Jackie lost so much in the second game too.

>crying for someone who died doing what they loved
>crying for someone who went exactly the way they wanted
The sad part of MGS3 is watching Big Boss be unable to deal with it.

thanks guys, i can always count on you to do the predictable

Silent Hill 2 and first season of The Walking Dead.

You asked for it.

>They offered you the city... and you refused it. And what did you do instead? What I've come to expect of you. You saved them. You gave them the one thing that was stolen from them: A chance. A chance to learn, to find love, to live. And in the end, what was your reward? You never said it, but I think I know: a family.

>hearing this at the rise to the surface bioshock 2
youtube.com/watch?v=d0nnYVZ1L6Q

I wanted to fucking puke how could you cry at this trash unless you cried about how fucking bad it was

First two Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games

Tell us more

Already posted twice by other people but neither post got any replies so fuck you have another repost

>lost the game forever ago
>can't find a copy
I want to go through it again.

> had to do a Sudoku
> nine years ago
> five years before the first sudoku was published in Japan
> nine years old and didn't even know what a sudoku was at the time
> only swiss mathematicians had any chance to recognize what the grid actually meant, and there would be numerous other matrix possibilities

Max Payne one and two always get me to cry a single tear, or atleast stand up and get a drink, and Metal Gear Solid 4 made me tear up in the final fight.

You knew you'd get that response though.

> cannot understand concepts like "other people might not know things I know"
> or "other people might know things I don't know"
> calls others autistic

wew lad

The part where gun grampa cried out for his mother got to me for some reason, though' i've Yet to finish the game, can't find the save file.

>Super Metroid
Yeah fuck off

>not Tower of Rem
>not the Asch fight
>not Arietta's death
>not literally any other sad scene
Ion's scene was definitely emotional but there were so many more brutal ones

>good writing
>clichè story where the writer gets past participle wrong multiple times
Simply epic.

I think even moreso because the father DOSENT come back to life or randomly show up, it's just keeping the memory alive. That game deserved more.

>"we live and die by your orders, boss"

That scene was so much better when it was just him dying to a couple regular joe soldiers instead of making an ebin final stand against an entire army.

Everything about Crisis Core is a mistake.

none

>who the fuck cries because of a movie
>who the fuck cries because of a book

>Crying at that ending

It was a tragic irony but not so depressing it'd make me cry honestly. I think the closest I've come to tears during a MGS game was the revisit of Shadow Moses in MGS4 with the dilapidated scenery, flashbacks, and The Best is Yet to Come playing. The nostalgia hit hard.

Can't believe I forgot about this. This scene got me emotional. Didn't really cry but my eyes watered up

TLoU
yeah, I cried from laughter because the game was horribly bad in literally every regard except graphics

[spoilers]Kharak is burning.[/spoilers]

> My life for Aiur

Heroic sacrafice always gets me.

Good job, senpai

>Feeling any kind of emotion other than anger from the plot of SC2

>Killing Kenny

The entire credits sequence of the changed future had me on the verge for tears of joy.

youtube.com/watch?v=cQ_70wffGGo

I cried after I finished SotC, not too sure why, either cause Wander is now babby, Aggro and the girl are fine, or because I couldn't play anymore

The ending to Mafia 2, all your hard work is just thrown away, your buddy who you thought so hard to save is sent off to probably die.

>not crying over a game means you don't understand emotion
You didn't really think out your post, did you?

the hug in that ending got me

Try beating Silent Hill 2 and then come back.

"James.... you made me happy"

ITT: Having feelings makes you gay xD

>clashing triumphant music plays in the background

Spec ops the line fucked me

>White Phosphorous
NOT EVEN ONCE...

Give me a break for this one.
I was thirteen.

youtube.com/watch?v=u79sKLn71VU

this. so much this.

the white phosporous and all the events during the game , i felt totally broken by the end

I got sad and had them feels.

But I never cried.

this guy gets it

>The joyful ending hallucinations

A video game has never made me cry but the right video...

Final Fantasy X,
When Tidus confronts Jecht
That scene "seemed" so blank, but it played out exactly how I'd imagine it would (minus the typical japanese overacting)
Also, the music was pretty fitting and powerful
youtube.com/watch?v=DSp3mihuaDQ

Doesn't the Vita version work on pstv?

Though you're still so small, you'll soon be born, so this message is for you.

There may come a day when you'll curse being born into this world.
You'll wonder what you did to deserve this.
And you'll probably have plenty of bitter words to tell me.
But...
But I don't think I'll be around by then to listen to your complaints.
I want you to know how truly sorry I am.
I just want you to believe this.
No matter what happens, all we wanted was for you to be happy.

>play any game
>suddenly remember my own mortality

I’m sorry.

I hope you get this, Mom.

I wanted to apologize to you for so long.

This might not ever reach you, but I’m sorry for what I did.

It’s all my fault.

It was a lie, so please smile and say it’s okay.

If we survive this, I’ll apologize in person, so please forgive me.

I’m going home now, but this is a memo for when the end comes.

If someone else sees this, please tell my mom for me if you can.

I’m sorry for being selfish about this, but please.

I don’t want to die.

I don’t want to die yet.

Sometimes I do this, I relax, start having fun and then it hits me. I could die at any time and I have said horrible things to the ones I love and they might not understand how much it hurt me that I said that and that I loved them as much as they loved me.

Fatal Frame series made me realize you do not "win" the game. You can only reach the end.

youtube.com/watch?v=zE9qu7sO8hI

>Aigis is the only one that remembers
>has to go like 3 months with everyone ignoring her
>the entire Answer if you ignore the grind

SC2's story was tolerable at the points where Kerrigan wasn't involved. This was little of WoL and none of HotS, of course, but a decent chunk of LotV was fine.

salutes while crying....

youtube.com/watch?v=JmnzrGRxnE4

Are you young user?
The more you experience, the more you relate.

Games have never made me cry but Bladerunner, Stalker, NHK ni Youkuso! and 5 Centimetres Per Second get me every time, always because of relations to my own experiences.

Fuck man that feel

I get a similar feeling. No tears, but it does make me feel sad for some reason. Played Super Star a shit ton when I was a kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=padfkzGThWc
I don't even know why.

It's because it's a perfect credits theme. Perfectly captures the feeling of "Sad it's over, glad it happened".

>ynw end your own life with a Spinal Tap reference

I haven't even played the fucking game but this is the only one to ever get me

youtube.com/watch?v=sUKiOcV1SSc

youtube.com/watch?v=6vzBIIsoUMM&list=PL3tPDwvv7zc04w_oOQCX-DfEAd89mn3kD&index=2

>that whole section about how Maria lives when Rosa isn't around
>learning what that "spell" means

>ctrl+F
>barely any mention of Okami

The ending had me with tears streaming from my eyes and I didn't even expect it.

Final fantasy X still hits me every time

The Witch's House

You know what.

Why does his phone have a tie?

but Father, wherever your are...I miss you.

You just had to remind me, didn't you?

The Crusader Bridenbrad quest chain in WoW always got to me. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it.

this would have gotten to me if it weren't for the "le teenage scientist humor lel xdxdxd" comic relief bullshit

seriously if those two fuckers would have just shut up the game would have had a much rougher emotional impact on me

FF7

I watched my brother play a lot of it but never watched him finish it. He died about 6 months later. It hit me pretty hard. I started playing FF7 one day and just started playing the hell out of it. When I finally beat it, I started crying.

>You die facing the weakest enemy type in the game.
To add insult to injury.

not only does that final fantasy song reminds me of my childhood but also that fact i can never return home

please tell me I wasn't the only one

Do you need a hug, user?

>reminds me of my childhood but also that fact i can never return home

All I have left in this world is my brother and a few terrible friends.

I want to go back..

update never

youtube.com/watch?v=1it3c_eu5cs

just because it reminds me of simpler times and I'm weak against emotional music queues

tears of anger is all I shed, fuck you

>Hey now, where'd your pretty face go?
>Come on, smile for me! You remember how to eh?
>...
>I'll meet you in Nirvana, ja?

YOUR HANDS UPON
A DEAD MAN'S GUN AND YOU'RE
LOOKING DOWN THE SIGHTS

>I wouldn't call it sad, but it still moved me in spite of being so cringe-y
I feel like it's similar to Kojima's Stuff like Metal Gear.
You feel like you shouldn't enjoy it because it's so fucking dumb, but you look around, see there's nobody watching, and then start sing snake eater, or whatever theme is playing.

>War makes men mad

nah, I feel the game needed the contrast.
nobody cares about drama in gears of war or God of War, because it's always grim and gloomy all the time.
Even if you hate the characters, it still loosens up the mood to make room for feels.

For me it was specifically the "You caught me!" part

Next chapter was weak as fuck on the tear jerk. The first one ending + mayor death were pretty good cry moments though.

>next chapter
>not emotional
m.youtube.com/watch?v=L8v0xBo5bc8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=EU3bvDgUyBM
Next chapter was evem more heart breaking.

Well, one of his "daughters" is seen marrying a nigger. So no, this made me do the opposite of cry.

(You)

Why Dark Cloud? The music from the first town always gets me

>Boy