God this game sucks. It really fucking sucks. What the fuck went wrong...

God this game sucks. It really fucking sucks. What the fuck went wrong? Why am I entering portals after traversing a small ass fucking room?

>What the fuck went wrong?
>Why am I entering portals after traversing a small ass fucking room?
The answer to both of those questions is "consoles."

I am not only being serious, I am factually correct.

Fuck you I liked it

>I never played any other Thief game...

Huh? I played all the splinter cells on Xbox. Never had this problem. Same with riddick. It's just this fucking game

Check the developer.

Because you aren't using the Sneaky Upgrade mod like you are supposed too.

It fixes almost every issue in this game, including stitching all the levels together to remove the loading.

The problem was consoles, and Sneaky Upgrade mod fixes almost every issue that was caused by consoles, with Sneaky Upgrade, Deadly Shadows is a legit good game.

I don't know about Xbox, but Splinter Cell on PS2 was unplayably bad. Loading screens after every 20 meters of walking. Pretty much every room was a new level loaded into ram. It's consoles mate.

Play 1 and 2.

See pic related, all three Thief games need certain fixes to either play on modern systems or to remove consolization.

Tfix for 1. Tafferpatcher for 2. Sneaky Upgrade for 3.

Ion Storm are fine.

>Ion Storm are fine.
How do you explain Deadly Shadows, then?

>Sneaky Upgrade for 3.
Does Sneaky Upgrade remove the stupid portals and worthless hub?

Consoles ruined it. There is a good game under all the consolization though, and like I said, just fucking get Sneaky Upgrade to unconsolize the game and it's a decent successor to 1 and 2.

You asked me this in the last thread and I already answered you. Yes it removed the portals. No it does not remove the hub, but it does change the hub.

The mod is highly configurable and you can choose what you want change, fixed, removed or whatever. There are changes to the hub detailed in the changelog. But for the main levels themselves, they have all been stitched together to remove every portal and loading zone, so they are one unified level now like in the first 2.

There's no fucking rope arrows neither? And lockpicking is full gay now?

is this worth playing just for that creepy mission?

Use the mod that removes the load screens you fucking idiot

Lock picking in 3 is honestly better than in the originals though. In fact I think it's one of my favorite lockpicking minigames ever.

As much as I like one and two it was just pick the right pick then wait a set amount of time for the noise then use the other pick. 3's is more interactive and skill based.

No rope arrows unfortunately but you can scale walls instead about midway through the game you get that ability.

Yes. It's honestly not a bad game at all really. The new lighting makes stealthing in the dark quit fun since guards now have torches so dark spots aren't permanent now but temporary. Make sure to check the box in the sneaky upgrade set up to fix AI and get rid of guard stamina, to make their AI as hard and good at chasing you as it was in 1 and 2 as well. The new AI is actually quite good and it's harder to sneak up on and blackjack than in the classics I'd say.

>You asked me this in the last thread and I already answered you.
And I must have forgotten I asked, the thread died, and I didn't bother looking for it. Does it change the hub in a way where they remove the absolutely pointless commute of having to go to multiple shops because water arrows are only sold at the ass end of the fucking map?

Because it was a console game. Still a good one.

Not if you haven't already played the first 2.

I can't recall if you can completely remove that or not, in fact I would probably say it didn't, you'd have to go check, it's a fuckhuge mod that encases several other mods, you have to read through it in the installer and choose what you want, I just went for "vanilla but fixed" experience. But I know that pretty much every shop has all the basic supplies now (thought not at the very beginning however) so it doesn't matter which one you go to aside from speciality items.

The thing I liked about lockpicking in Thief was that it wasn't a minigame. Lockpicking minigames are always repetitive and boring after the first one or two times. In Thief, locked doors did their job of holding you in a possibly vulnerable position for a bit while you unlock them without being mindless busy work.

The only good lockpicking minigame is TDM's.

Well now you have to concentrate on a mini game while in the same tense situation. The game doesn't freeze when you go into the mini game.

There were also situations in the classics sometimes where you entered an empty room with a locked chest, and then spent 15 seconds doing nothing holding the lockpick key down until it eventually unlocked.

Camera takes some getting used to, but quickly you realize it's not so bad, and many of the additions make it quite an improvement over the previous ones. The characterization of pagans is interesting, and the hub world is quite cool in the long run.

Most levels are forgettable at best though, aside from that one you'll learn to fear.

>the hub world is quite cool in the long run.

At first it's tedious, then you get familiar with it and it's a nice play area. Plus there are actually things to do in there, and places to explore, things to find, it has some depth if you bother checking it out.

Most don't and think it's just a dark corridor to walk in-between levels. A shame.

It's stupid to have high level locks in an unguarded area unless there's a good reason but still, after the first 20 times I would rather sit there and stare at the door/chest than play a lockpicking minigame again for the 500th time.

Blame consoles.

>At first it's tedious, then you get familiar with it and it's a nice play area
And then very quickly becomes tedious again.

>tfw I recently played a game with good lockpicking mechanics but I can't for the love of god remember what it was

But clearly it was one of the best lockpicking minigame I ever played.

Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure?

Nah, some stealth/action game or something, can't fucking remember, and can't find it in backlog either.

At first I thought it was Alpha protocol, which is nice, but no it's not that.