Is it better than minecraft?

Is it better than minecraft?

Other urls found in this thread:

usgamer.net/articles/dragon-quest-builders-truly-is-the-dragon-quest-of-minecraft-clones
youtube.com/watch?v=sKbK3zfTre0
youtube.com/watch?v=yG53edmkNQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nope, play the demo and see for yourself.

It's a really boring game where the building is an extremely minor feature that's rarely used. The big thing is all the crafting you have to do. It's more like terraria in style than minecraft. Large focus on combat, less on making stuff.

though you can still make stuff.

Honestly that's the kind of "minecraft" style game I want. Terraria had a decent split between building and combat - you could build really crazy stuff if you wanted to, but it wasn't the main draw of the game. The combat and adventuring was.

Just try the demo and see for yourself. It's on Vita and PS4 in the west. Also on PS3 in japan.
I personally had a large amount of fun with the demo, and can't wait for the full game.

Does it have online co-oop?

Definitely give it a try.

I hate Minecraft but I had some fun with DQ B. First time I've felt "chilled out" on a game in I couldnt even say.

No multiplayer at all.

DROPPED

Who here beat the green dragon in the demo? Anyone find all the hidden chests with seeds of life in em? Did you max out your village to level 5?

I played the demo and liked how it was more objective-based rather than just roaming around doing whatever, but I'm on the fence still. Not sure how it will be in terms of longevity and repetitiveness.

Just buy it so we can make a sequel that has multiplayer.

Will it be playable on Pstv?

>Apparently no Multiplayer in any shape or form
Absolutely worthless.

you think anyone is in that slime?

haha

>tfw no vita physical version
>don't want to buy ps4 version

I must have hit my head when I was a child because I just can't get into building games. I have no imagination to make my own creations.

I can't even tell if the game wants me to build a fresh workshop or if the blueprint I got fits into one of the broken down buildings.

height limit!! 31

the demo was fun
minecraft is shit

can you make buildings with multiple floors?

>combat is fucking shit
>movement feels very cheap, no weight to character
>Lazy animations - strafing left and right is same animation as walking forward
>Camera is barely functional. Designed so roofs are not an option
>Characters (in demo at least) are bland, walking text generators. Hope you like reading books worth of text to extrapolate useful information scattered within it
>Building is finicky and awkward
>Goals are all fetch quests for the most part because the rest of the mechanics aren't developed enough to warrant them being fun by themselves
I expected a lot more honestly. The movement was the nail in the coffin for me. I have a borderline autistic taste on movement, where if it doesn't have any weight or flow to it (I.e. you point the stick in any direction and the character will immediately go there, like in Yakuza) I can't play it. I wouldn't recommend this game.

>missing out on an amazing series like Yakuza due to autism

My condolences, user.

>minecraft for Jap
>no multi
no

>hates ultra-responsive movement

But the best part of any game with tight movement is making them spin in a circle like a jackass

JUMP JUMP JUMP

The early 3d mascot era must've been quite a hell for you

Is it comfy?

yes

defeated the green dragon without a risk to die,
don't know how many hidden chests there are, but i have 60 hp.
and yes, maxed the village.

618.2 MB download

Well, there is no excuse not to try it. Is the game gonna be $60, any news on a release date?

Wasn't this game made BECAUSE Minecraft didn't get there until much later?

I didn't really care about the game at first, then I tried the demo and oh man. It was so fun and comfy. I couldn't get into Minecraft because of the graphism and lack of goals, so this is perfect for me.
I've preordred it almost instantly

same

If they thought it through, they woulda added multiplayer, and put it straight to steam.

14th october. As for the price I got it for 47€, no ideo how much it costs in your currency.

9000 keks

Can you get stone in the demo?

I just want to make my stuff out of stone.

is this gonna be $20 or $60? if it's $60 then I doubt i'll get it

Where is he located ? I quited at the end of the demo because I wasn't sure my progress would count for the main game and I wanted to preserve the fun for it, but now you've got me interested.

No, I don't think we have the good tool for that. I only could make stuff out of dirt.

Sweet! tyvm.

Minus the price. I'm still not sure. That sounds like $60 tho.

Can you get me a job doing what you do? I'm very familiar with Cred Forums and many of the top boards for promoting brands. I can shill it up

It's like a single-player focused Minecraft, I like it a lot.

Try the Demo or pirate the full game on Vita and say you'll buy it if you like it.

Not sure about your world, but i found him south-west of my village, had to climb a mountain to get to him.
he's hard as fuck but you can defeat him easily by dig down 2 blocks then mine your way to directly under him and hit him while holding L1 be sure to take 2-3 oaken clubs

>The big thing is all the crafting
Fucking dropped. Crafting is not fun. I want autists to stop ruining videogames.

I didn't think I'd like this game at first, but then once I played it I instantly preordered and you should too!

2016 Cred Forums

I had no real interest, now I am building a mud fort

Oh, the worlds are randomly generated ?
Thanks for the tips, I'll try that ! Does he drop any cool stuff?

>you point the stick in any direction and the character will immediately go there

but that's the best kind of movement. the worst shit is when they have to take a couple of slow ass steps before moving and have the turning radius of a truck

>PCucks whining about muh multiplayer and muh price

This is why no one likes you fags.

Wanted to like this but so far the demo has been boring, very slow paced and quite light on RPG features. Combat seems to be barely above Minecraft levels which is disappointing

he drops a comfy couch that gives 500 points to your base.

Everything is cool in Dragon Quest™ Builders! It's your dream crafting game! I'm going to pick it up. Don't hesitate! Preorder! It's the best game I've ever played!

The combat in Dragon Quest™ Builders is amazing! I loved it and you will too!

This game is TOO COMFY GUYS! Too comfy!

>no multiplayer
Dropped. Don't they know that literally the only selling point of these builder games is mp?

jokes on you i preordered because of this comment

Hello, I am a normal Cred Forums poster. I have a few questions about this game so I need preorder soon!

Does this game provide an acceptable degree of crafting?

Does this game elicit feelings of comfortableness that I require have peacefulness?

I heard this game is better than minecraft? Is this a more comfort minecraft?

I hope to enjoy having fun in the game!

Holy projecting batman. The game isn't even released on pc you autist. Talking about auto-agression..

no real content

its a little nice that it's more directed than minecraft but the third person camera destroys any chance of building elaborate setups

Why does he have a Pokéball on his face

Sweet

What kind of combat were you expecting from a minecraft clone?

>destroys any chance of building elaborate setups

Its all up to what you can imagine.

Something more like Dragon Quest, perhaps? Or at least give us some spells and shit, maybe I didn't play the demo enough or there's more in the actual game but all I could do was whack things with a stick

The game makes it a point that the player character isn't a fighter. Most of the combat variation is going to come from building cannons and mounted crossbows and things like that. Also, hitting things with a stick.

Fair enough if it's explained by lore but that doesn't make the combat less boring or one-dimensional. It's a shame they had a brand with the pedigree of Dragon Quest and then just decided to ignore a large part of it. Minecraft's combat has always been lacking and instead of basically copying it they had an opportunity to improve on it but completely missed the mark

>It's a shame they had a brand with the pedigree of Dragon Quest and then just decided to ignore a large part of it
Not him but Dragon Quest to Horii trying to get Japanese players to play games he likes. Horii is a giant western gamer. Hell roguelikes only really got big in Japan because Horii used Dragon Quest to get people to try out one which gave us Mystery Dungeon. So him using Dragon Quest to show off his idea of Minecraft goes right up DQ's ally.

usgamer.net/articles/dragon-quest-builders-truly-is-the-dragon-quest-of-minecraft-clones

I see your point, but I can't hold it against the game for not having a bigger focus on combat considering the nature of the game. Especially, with games like Dragon Quest Heroes out there now.

I liked Dragon Quest Heroes so much I got the platinum trophy on it. The combat was obviously more musuo than Dragon Quest, but it still had the spells and other things from Dragon Quest so at least it felt a bit more than just a reskin of Dynasty Warriors or whatever. Fair enough though, I guess this game is just not for me

>it bombs
>"guess those whitu pigu don't rike dragonu questu"
>don't get X, XI, or any of the other 3ds games

the demo is really fucking fun, played it yesterday the whole day pretty much

I'm going to pick this up for sure

Yes. Demo was fun and comfy.

I'd buy it but I don't own a Vita or a PS4 and I won't buy a console for one game for sure.
Of course, I'd buy it in a hertbeat if it was on PC, like I did with Heroes.

Japs don't play PC

Can I play my demo savegame with the actual game? or do I have to restart?

Just goo it. What are you waiting for faggoo'.

Didn't stop them releasing Dragon Quest Heroes on PC

Same reposted messages once thread started dying. This game will get some guaranteed sales since Cred Forums is shill central.

You fags are the worst kind of consumers easily persuaded by marketeers on your board.

I WANT TO MARRY PIPPA

Hori looks overjoyed

Finished the demo yesteryda.
It's pretty fun but it's not really like minecraft at all outside of the cube based world.
It's more just like a plain adventure game in terms of exploration since digging and building don't come up that much outside of the town building, which is reminiscent of Terraria.

My only complaint though is that NPC pathing is really annoying. They love climbing over walls and you can't really make roofs to stop them from doing this, all you can do is make walls like 4 blocks high, but then you can't see shit in houses unless you angle the camera straight down. The building aspect of the game could really benefit from setting invisible walls to represent roofs that NPCs can't climb through

imagine being so mad that you make post after post trying to call out what are likely imaginary shills

how pathetic is your life user, that you have nothing else going for you, that you sit here on the internet and do this? be honest.

Which bombed horrifically.

It was a musuo spinoff of a franchise that has never been as popular in the west as it is in Japan. Did anyone expect it to sell millions?

Anyone manage to kill that dragon in the demo?

It's not the hard but I don't have the patience to do it when it only takes chip damage from the only weapons you can make

Where are you guys finding this dragon?

And it really wasn't a musou either. It was more of a tower defense game.

If you climb over the mountain there's a whole second area of the starting island to explore.
There's not much aside from a small swamp area and that dragon

Yes. Its everything shitcraft should have been. Minecraft is fucking boring.

Some levels were about defending an objective, which were the fucking worst. The better levels were just about defeating waves of enemies or a boss though

What's so difficult to understand about people liking things you don't like, you're not the center of the universe

Yet the only way they sold it was "It's a better version of Hyrule Warriors!"

And while it's not really a musou game it has a lot of the hallmarks and musou games in general are all about fan service. Playing as the characters you love killing hordes of enemies. And people for the most part doesn't know a thing about Dragon Quest outside of maybe 8 which sold the most here.

i'm sad that there isn't a collectors edition for this game
fucking square enix
i waited to preorder this game because i hoped you'd have a CE up

Same thing happened to me, I even badmouthed it when I first saw the announcement. Something that devs are runing out of ideas if even big companies do Minecraft rehashes. Then the demo drops and I try it, and holy fuck I haven't had that kind of enjoyment in the whole year.

>no pc
dropped shit

There's a Day One edition which features 2 unique block types and a unique tree sapling to use in the Free Build mode

Yes I know how lame those bonuses sound

Nah, unfortunately.

Obviously it's a demo, and so building is limited so that people can't build awesome stone castles in the demo without bothering with the main game, but it just feels really limited. You make shitty roofless houses out of dirt, and you're encouraged to fill them with as much useless decoration as possible because it ups your "Base Level." I would have expected the combat to be an improvement, but it's really not. Enemies seem dumb as rocks, even the Dragon in the demo has like 2 attacks that are incredibly easy to bait, with really slow telegraphing and auto-tracking. You kill DQ enemies for building materials, but that's no different from Minecraft really. I don't like the idea of villagers giving you exact blueprints; hopefully you can ignore those, because it would kill the creativity aspect. In Minecraft or Terraria, it's very easy and simple to select exactly what block you want to hit, but here it's kind of vague and clunky; you can aim up and down, but you just swing and whack everything in front of you, so the camera isn't doing it much favor. Nighttime is pretty disappointing too. Rather than having more dangerous enemies spawn, there's just a single new enemy that auto-teleports to your location and tries to swing at you, but you can easily outrun it. Also, even though the story makes a joke of the character wanting to get past the tutorial and just build/explore/fight, there's still an obnoxious amount of dialogue and fetch quests.

The only improvement it has is artstyle. Minecraft and Terraria have terrible artstyles, but this one works pretty well for the characters and enemies.

Pc fag here. So glad its sp. I hate playing anything other than fps with you total fucking faggots. Seriously all of you are pathetic joke attempting meme spouting childlike faggot losers.

>looking forward to a minecraft clone
>blames autists for ruining his autist game

You get a sofa

it's easier to dig 2 blocks down and go directly under him where he can't hit you and you just have to strike upwards

he literally can't hit you this way.

How long does it take to actually kill him? What does he drop?

less than 10 minutes if you do it like me.
he drops a comfy sofa that gives 500 points if you put it in a room in your base.

I think it's pretty cool. I turned the city into a large fortress. After I couldn't fit any more buildings on the surface I dug down to the bedrock and made ten rooms underground in the city. I hit max base level this way.

The better levels were tearing through basically a short dungeon
Heroes 2 looks like it's a lot more of that instead of Tower Defense

And Dragon Quest in the first place was trying to make a more accessible version of games like Wizardry and Ultima

Nice blog. Where do i hit for subscribe?

How well does the Camera work when you build complex stuff with multiple rooms? Is it easy to do stuff under a roof?

>you point the stick in any direction and the character will immediately go there, like in Yakuza

Lol holy shit autism must fuckin suck man. That's the best kind of movement. Do you pause or slowly accelerate if you change your walking direction? no ? wait yes? ok autism then.

I got cucked by Rollo.
>Pippa asks me to make a bedroom. Says we could even sleep next to each other
>I just met her so I knew she was a thot that was dtf
>Rollo tells me to grab some feathers. Tells me I didn't build shit
>as I'm leaving I see both of them walk into my house
>they're both sleeping in be next to each other

I went and trapped them in Cask of Amontillado style. Fuck pippa.

I beat the dragon and found 2 chests. How many chests are there?

And no, I stopped at level 3.

You just have to move the camera downwards. It's pretty easy. The camera is surprisingly not bad.

>Hammer

Wait, so is the game actually out? I thought the demo ended right before you get a hammer.

How high can the NPC jump? Because I kind of want to trap him in a box The Sims style.
If you look closely it's the Japanese version.

Oh, sorry.

7/10 - It's shit

>English demo runs worse than Japanese demo
Why

It's a comfy game.

THIS SHIT LOOKS FUN

>How high can the NPC jump?
one block?

Japs hate foriegners

How do you get to the dragon in demo? I couldnt get past the skeleton raid, the teleport said end of the demo.

In what way does it run worse?

what are you playing it on

The thing that worries me the worst is the combat system being so clunky. The enemies having retard AI isn't helping.

i liked the demo but i just spent 6k in bills this month so i have sweet fuck all for money

why the fuck is it 60

100 hours of gameplay

>IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COMFY, I'M GONNA THROW 60 DOLLARS AT THIS BLATANT MINECRAFT RIPOFF SINCE IT'S OKAY IF THE JAPS DO IT

Honestly, off yourself.

PS4. The JP demo has a more stable frame rate.

It's way better than Minecraft though

i played it on PS4 and didnt have any frame drops

You can buy Minecraft for twenty dollars and get triple the experience than you for 60 dollar jap ripoff. And, multiplayer

I would if it was 40 dollars.

Well I did. Mostly in the town.

can I rebuild alfegard exactly how ti looks like in dragon warrior 1?

including the town?

The Vita version is

I guess that will largely be dependent on how you build your town

Just explore past the mountains. It's on the same island as you.

if this ever comes to pc, i hope they add a first person option.
any sort of creative buildings are fucked thanks to the 3rd person camera and roofs.

anywho, no randomized worlds sucks hard as does not being able to dig deep.
this is literally minecraft for people who like being told what to do and have no imagination.

why dont you make your own game if you dont like being told what to do :^)

What version differences are there between PS4 and Vita. I have a Vita and literally the only game I have for it is MvC3.

It's literally what minecraft should've been from the beginning, a well executed idea.
Minecraft was just an idea with mega shit execution (basically no execution at all).

While it's comparable to Minecraft and definitely rips it off it's a completely different experience. It's more of an actual game than a sandbox. Depending on who you are this is either better or worse.

To me this game is better because it's a single player focused campaign. Action rpg styled with crafting and building w DQ characters and music.

Comparable to Terraria, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Zelda, etc.

>this is literally minecraft for people who like being told what to do and have no imagination.

A lack of goals is why I never cared for Minecraft, "Go here, build this" works better for me.

>Fucking dropped. Crafting is not fun. I want autists to stop ruining videogames.

So how are you supposed to make doors, beds, chests and whatever?
Also alchemy/crafting has been a part of DQ for some time now.

youtube.com/watch?v=sKbK3zfTre0

PS4 runs at 60 FPS. Vita runs at 30 FPS, lower res, worse graphics. Still looks and plays nice on the Vita though. You can download the demo for both and see for yourself.

>and you can't really make roofs to stop them from doing this

The walls literally only have to be 2 blocks high. They're bound by the same rules as you, meaning they can only jump up 1 block.

whataver happened to the lego minecraft game? it was on early access like 3 years ago

I have only have a Vita, and was hoping that there was no content differences between the two. Already grabbed the demo, it was pretty fun, but using a Vita hurts my hands so I can't play for very long.

>You can buy Minecraft for twenty dollars and get triple the experience than you for 60 dollar jap ripoff.

Minecraft has no story, no dialogue, no AI (seriously don't even try and call that shit in minecraft "AI"), no nothing apart from building. DQB is also more complex and deep.
Minecraft also to this day looks like massive ass.
The games are not very similar at all.

I don't think there are any content differences. Aside from graphics and FPS, its the same game.

Reminder not to do this. The Dragon can dig.

[citation needed]

Somebody answer this I remember it too

you're thinking of cube world. And nothing has happened. It exists still as it did then. No updates, nothing.

Like the demo, just hoping I can import my save to the full version. The intro is so fucking long.

Will pirate on Vita, looks like a fun game.

including the town?

>no multiplayer
>third person camera
>ps4 only

No.

>ps4 only
it's on PS3, PS4 and Vita
>third person camera
implying this is a bad thing

>You have the special power to build things, you're the chosen one!
>"What are you doing here? Building things?"
>"Psh, no one can build things!"
>"Woah, you built some things! You're the chosen one!"

I really hope this doesn't happen with every NPC, because it was pretty annoying even just with the demo.

Got the demo for vita, and it was a lot of fun. I'm not preordering it, but waiting until it comes out before I pick it up. Gotta decide between getting that or Trails of Cold Steel.

I'm worried about burning out on it early. It happened to me with MineCraft, Terraria, and Starbound. You build cool shit for a while, but then start to notice that everything is just a cheap palette-swap with slightly better stats, and that you're aimlessly digging/building with no purpose.

Will Builders have a proper storyline? Will it have cool rare shit, dungeons, and massive bosses that you have to plan and prepare to beat? Right now I'm getting the vibe of settlement-building from Fallout4. It's all good fun, for a couple of hours.

I hope I'm wrong, because the demo was fucking awesome.

including the town?

That was the spin move right

You're not wrong. It's a ton of grinding and "okay now you're done with that, start this next tier of shit".

It does have a story, though. Not a huge or engrossing one, but it's there.

Bosses are pretty cool too.

I think he means the game that is literally LEGO Minecraft

Builders does have a story
It's a "What if" of if the DQ1 Hero said yes to joining the villain at the end of the game, and now you have to unfuck everything.

>I'm not preordering it
but you'll miss out on all the preorder dlc, like GOLD BLOCKS

this game had some potential with vehicles and shit, did multiplayer ever
happen?

>did multiplayer ever
>happen?

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=yG53edmkNQw

One of the trailers mentioned that monsters will attack your village. Does this game really have tower defense built into it? It's like Square-Enix designed it to hit on every trend that kids are into.

>you can't really make roofs
Uh, what?

there's a quest at the end of the demo where a bunch of monsters attack your town and you have to defend it

yeah now go inside.

It's in the demo, but the one you see is pretty lame. Some Skeletons spawn on the outskirts of your town and run in, you mash attack until they're dead, and then you win.

Hopefully there's better ones with bigger enemies who can destroy blocks.

including the town?

But then it might turn into a Fallout4 situation with "town X is under attack, please defend it", and shit you spent time building would get blown up by a dragon

Two steps ahead of you, nigga.

They couldn't stop people from making penises so they shut it down.

Is this game as fun as it looks?

Isn't the point of the game to turn the map from DQ1 into the map from DQ2?

I'd be fine with that. I didn't get too far into FO4, but while they tried to push the base thing, it certainly wasn't the only or the main focus of the game. Having to drop what you're doing to go defend stuff would be shitty in an action/exploration/RPG kind of game, but this game seems focused mostly on the base. You do little missions for the people in your base. You get decorations to upgrade your base. You get materials to craft in your base. Hell, even exploring "distant lands" is done via teleporters in your base. So having to drop everything and defend your base from real damage seems like a much better fit for this kind of game than something like FO4.

how the fuck do companies still manage to make WorseMinecrafts?
when you're first shamelessly copying a better idea than your own, just fucking copy everything and fix the many and wide issues minecraft actually has instead of shitting it up and ruining yourself financially

who dat

no, he can't.
you must've fucked up and made the hole big enough for him to fall down.
happened to me, to, the first time.

Elly Tran Ha.

oooh i remember her from a while ago. has she done any nudes yet?

Not that I know of.

I remember walking into a game shop several months after Dragon Quest Heroes was released and finding a brand new Day One Edition copy for half price lying on the shelves.

I imagine much the same will happen with this game given how unpopular Dragon Quest is and this being a niche genre spinoff on top of that.

>The first one sucks, but if you buy it, then maybe the second will be good

That feel when I don't buy console shit and I have the old Psp and not the vita

that feel when this game but with some co-op elements would literally be game of year.

that feel when considering get a system just to play this one game

that feel when vita is too tiny to worth getting, but has other games i'd also consider getting

that feel when ps4 is trash and i'd have to go hook up in the family room to use.

>it sucks because it has no memeplayer
kys

does the space you have to build the town ever get bigger in the real game?

Oh uh, wow really?
I didn't even bother to check if it did, it just seems so natural for this sort of game.
Me and a friend were going to buy it to replace minecraft, but I guess that's not happening.

>japs hating money

nothing new there. Those fuckers literally sit on gold mines and do nothing with it. instead they make trash and are surprised when no one in the west wants it.

That's not what I'm saying. If multiplayer's a feature you want, telling others to buy it anyway, so maybe the sequel will have it, is bull.

Like telling people to buy the 3DS DQs because if you don't, then XI might not get localized.

Dragon Quest fans are way too into findom.

You can download PS4 Remote Play on your PC to connect to your PS4 over Wifi and play on your PC. I don't know how well it would hold up in online games but it works fine for my when I play single player games. Or Playstation Now is coming, which is meant to allow you to play Playstation games on your PC too. Not exactly sure what the difference is between the two

>that feel when ps4 is trash and i'd have to go hook up in the family room to use.
why dont you just plug it in your monitor

>House to the right has no roof
>House she's working on has a tiny bit of roof in one part

I get that you CAN put a roof in, but did they seriously design it with no roofs in mind? Was the intent that people would be building huge, roofless towns?

They made it so you can make your shit look like the older DQ games, yeah.

i currently dont own hdmi monitors. I had a monitor that could take coaxe that i used with my ps2 and occasionally an n64, but that burned out on me. had to settle for bargin bin monitors and have been in a perpetual near broke'edness for a couple of years.

well i mean you could

It was fun.

The progression is a nice addition compared to minecraft. You do quests that are directly related to crafting and building, so those things are at least integrated into a kind of RPG/adventure game structure. For me this at least made the whole prospect of building seem like less of a time sink because there is an end to the game. Minecraft got old to me because your only incentives were towards building more efficiently, and you could only go so far in that direction. Anything past that was just kind of autism and it got old making castles in fucking alpha.

It is also nice that the villagers apparently do work for you. That is pretty cool. I also like the tower defense thing that they are going for. I think if they took if further and expanded the tower defense, and also allowed you to sort of direct your villagers to build and do other things it could be even more fun. There are already "blueprints", so it'd be cool if you could kind of design blueprints and set them up as jobs, and also set up material gathering as a job, so the base gets a little more automated as you continue in the game.

The camera is really bad, and controls are a bit shitty. It's harder to place blocks compared to first person minecraft controls. I can see the game getting old, but I think its strong suit is that it is a casual experience. It's also kind of nice to have a somewhat fixed voxel world. I actually felt a bit of curiosity about things like "where is the dragonlord's castle" and "what else is out there". I lost that kind of curiosity in Minecraft pretty quickly because the promise of towns and events and stuff eventually petered out when Notch started going on vacation.

Will probably buy.

It mimics the style of the classic Dragon Quest games, which I assume is what they were going for

So, do you have the chance to build giant castles and underground shelters and defend them and stuff?

Not so much underground shelters. You can only dig 3 blocks down, I think. But castles yeah, people seem to have already done that in JP. Also seems to have a decent variety in block types, so that people could personalize their towns/castles somewhat. Not sure how hard the tower defense gets, but the demo was very easy. The mobs didn't even attack the wall I made, but I'm not sure if that was just because I distracted them.

from what I've played in the demo, yes you have to defend from time to time and the place for the city allows for pretty deep digging until you hit bedrock, so if you put your mind to it you can build it underground I'm pretty sure

Can I start a town anywhere I'd like?

Game seems like it's almost exactly what I wanted out of minecraft, but the lack of multiplayer completely killed any chance of me getting it.

I'm very interested in buying this to support the idea. Hopefully they make a greatly expanded sequel. The industry needs a terraria equivalent in 3d.

including the town?

Literally opposite taste in movement from me. I don't mind some momentum but when you've got shit like your character moving forward a little bit because of a turning animation when you just wanted to go left that's a huge turn off for me.

Eh, I feel like Minecraft needed multiplayer because it isn't a game. It's just a sandbox. If DQ Builders can stand out strong enough as a single player experience I think it can be fun on its own.

I'm suspicious that this game will kind of be lacking in a lot of obvious ways, but I kind of hope they make a second one because the demo felt like it had some clear strengths over something like Minecraft.

There is nothing wrong with Minecraft, but it genuinely feels like a game for kids now because it is basically just legos and that is all it wants to be. It was interesting because it seemed there would be more content, but it retained a feeling of being a dead sandbox. DQ Builders feels more like a game, but I can tell that it might only be a proof of concept on many mechanics that could be fleshed out with a sequel.

Last I checked, Lego Worlds got cancelled because everyone kept making penises.

including the town?

This pretty much sums it up. That dragon took like 25 minutes to kill, You can sit on the couch you get from it

I actually rather enjoyed the demo, I guess part of it is brand recognition, another is they made it feel as though building things actually mattered in the grand scheme of things.

and that setup for why the world was like this was actually pretty charming.

>Not for PC or WiiU
I can't get this.

please tell me that its not like what I saw where there are borders you can not cross

Most honest comment in the thread.

What's there to do in the post game after the story is over?

Contemplate about your life.

Is there character creator in this game? Can you be a male or female?

you can be male or female
and you can choose skin/hair/eye color
i dont know if the full game has more options