You have 10 seconds to find a more boring setting than American civil war

You have 10 seconds to find a more boring setting than American civil war.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X_eK9ERNChI
youtube.com/watch?v=fUluC6QHS7I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Zanzibar_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Picacho_Pass
youtube.com/watch?v=zJuWszf4g_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

World War 2.

Wasn't there a Civil War shooter on 360 where all the guns took a minute to reload after every shot

Boer War

>confirmed for having never fought in the Civil War

>confirmed for having never fought in World War 2

youtube.com/watch?v=X_eK9ERNChI

Only because the North is utterly soulless and portrayed as the "good guys."

>yay greedy Yankee factories and banks crushing the genteel honorbound culture of the South!!! HOORAY!!!

Revolutionary war.

World War 1

Do you expect 90 year olds to browse Cred Forums?

Anything native American related

Ah yes the great negro war

>immense battles
>varied enviroments
>infantry, cavalry, navy all playing major roles
>shows of humanity and chivalry amidst the chaos and slaughter

Say that to me down south in Dixie, not online, and see what happens.

>le racist slavery supporting south are good guys meme

Star Wars

I honestly can't, even with cheating past 10 seconds

I don't really like war settings in the first place, but this was in that boring period between swords and better-than-muskets. This period did see the birth of the first two ironclads though; the Virginia and the Monitor.

>Gatling guns
>boring

Faggot, I bet you still use a musket

That would be awesome in a crude multiplayer game like Mount & Blade, especially if they got all the other stuff right

WWI, space

I'm Holy shit I forgot about gatling guns before World War I, those things looked rad. It'd be fun if you had to perform field maintenance

The funny thing is that Gatling guns were much better than the Maxim gun, which saw heavy usage in WW1.

The Maxim constantly got jammed and needed a constant water supply to stay cool whereas the gatling just rotated barrels.

Hell even today's miniguns are just suped up gatling guns.

It really was a god-tier invention

I don't think I've played a single American civil war game.

Do any of them have balloon corps?

Napoleonic wars

Any war with muskets in it really.

See French and Indian War or American Revolution

>confirmed for having never fought Godzilla

>civil war
>boring

>Watching Americans kill each other

Sounds pretty fun desu

Not just killing each other, but killing each other to free niggers from their rightful place in society

It looks rad on paper. But boring on execution.

Italian unification

That wasn't what the Civil War was about.

Lincoln didn't even make it about slavery until like 3/4 of the way into the war.

After that he planned to ship all the nogs back to Africa until that inbred Booth shot him in the back of the head.

Good job confederates

>After that he planned to ship all the nogs back to Africa until that inbred Booth shot him in the back of the head.

Top kek, I started this meme on Cred Forums a few months ago and it's come so far, everyone genuinely believes it now

It's actually true. Lincoln still considered blacks subhuman

>failed charge
>no amazing tactical maneuvers or heroics
>but look this guy said nigger
Wow, that makes me really interested.

Any time I hear some mention of the American civil war I just shut down. Same with WW2.

War of 1812

Darkest of Days had a Civil War segment as well

>implying you couldn't do a statement about the publicly stated reasons the south went to war I.E. what the troops thought they were fighting for vs the actual reason
>implying you couldn't do another about the north having a just cause to fight but then taking it too far once it's clear the south has been beaten

And here I am implying anyone would even really want to play a civil war game, if that's going to happen anytime soon then the 1800's aesthetic better get real popular real quick.

The maxim gun was superior to the gatling gun. It was not crank operated, meaning it was more efficient to fire and could fire more rounds than any contemporary gun. Furthermore, although it did jam it was far more reliable than any other similar weapon at the time, and water cooling allowed it to maintain its rate of fire

i love u user

Post that one what has wings and a jet engine.

youtube.com/watch?v=fUluC6QHS7I

This game looks pretty fun

1960's and 70's Louisiana. Man, a game set in that era would tank so hard. Especially if it "explores difficult race issues" i.e. is a kill whitey game. People are tired of BLM nonsense, just look at Mankind Divided.

community is literally the worst, i regret playing on their original mod for 2 years straight

HOLD THE LINE
CLOSE THE GAPS
CHAAAAARGE

You must be a RACIS! Definitely a pass. I hope Battalion 1944 is good. I want a historic bolt gun game that doesn't take place in some alternate reality culturally diverse history.

>The Maxim constantly got jammed and needed a constant water supply to stay cool whereas the gatling just rotated barrels.

At the time gattlings were crank operated, which means more moving parts that would jam with dirt/pebbles/mud, and had like six barrels each with it's own bolt that could also jam with the shit lying around and to top it all off were less mobile than a Maxim.

Besides the germans did develop an electically operated gattling gun for aircraft use but for reasons i dont remember it wasnt implemented.

Thanks to dumb fucking SJW's, we won't get to see Civil War vidya again. Instead, we'll have the same "women/ambiguous racial man has existential crisis and must find their way" like so many of them enjoy playing.

Check out war of rights

Make every shot count.

>posting Civil War
>not posting Joshua L Chamberlain pushing in South's collective shit at Little Round Top

You base villain.

Ayo hol up

>The Maxim constantly got jammed
Yeah because Russians were actually retarded, in comparison the Vickers which is largely just an upgraded Maxim is renown for not breaking.

WE

Modern day Europe

Glory was a decent movie

>I tried to get a confederate thread started on /his/ but the american south may be the most retarded, petulant region in the world so none believed me when I told them it was about states rights

kys cousinfucker

>battle of mill springs
>you gotta save the original mr. magoo, General Felix Zollicoffer, from his blundering behind enemy lines while he tries to give orders to wrong sides' soldiers
>matters made worse by your allies under Crittenden being drunk off their asses and not caring who they shoot at

Some funny fucking shit happened in that war, user.

World War 1

>while he tries to give orders to wrong sides' soldiers

"it was a prank bros!"

It wasn't about fighting for slavery, it was about fighting against a centralized all-powerful federal government.

Judging by how authoritarian the federal government has become, the good guys lost. Maybe educate yourself other than spouting your public education goy brainwashing.

your life

It was because of slavery, not states rights. This is supported by many academic sources, economists, statisticians, etc.
The fag you are replying to is thinking of the excuse of "states rights" used by many southern states to justify segregation.
Source: history 119, Yale, lectures by professor David Blight

Modern anything

Zombie outbreak

>It was because of slavery, not states rights. This is supported by many academic sources, economists, statisticians, etc.
>The fag you are replying to is thinking of the excuse of "states rights" used by many southern states to justify segregation.

Yeah that's what I said

Fucking cottonniggers have been a burden on the US since their inception

>implying it wasn't about a states rights to have slaves

yale is for scrubs

Sure, because you go to a better school right?
I bet you'll even graduate suma cum licker

>I was proven wrong over semantics, lets freak out!

Do you even use your degree?

Only 20% of you faggots ever do now a days.

>kys cousin fucker
Well, I guess that could mean the same thing.
I was just trying to give you some support my dude.

What in the fuck are you even talking about?
Do you even know what "semantics" means? Nowhere in my post did I bitch about semantics.
I graduated with a degree in CS: concentrations in AI and Robotics, you'll be lucky to get anywhere near the same amount of use out of your degree (or non-existent degree).

>hurr is all trenches and minute to load guns
All modern war is IEDS and air strikes not Call of duty running around no-scope
war isn't a game

>I was just trying to give you some support my dude.
Yeah sorry if I came on a little strong my dude. I've ben getting into arguments on /his/ with confederates and was getting a little mad.

Dumb frogposter

>history channel
i bet there's an ayylmao aster egg

What did southern propaganda at the time say? I know that their constitution was in fact even more restrictive to states' rights than the union's, and that it explicitly guaranteed slavery, did their propaganda at the time reflect this or did the whole states' rights meme only become a thing after with apologetics? Didn't mean to imply that it wasn't about slavery with my post just that what the common soldier would've heard would be different

hahhahah
holy fuck

It is a meme.

Whenever buttblasted southerners claim that confederate officers were much better than union ones I always point to this.

Any war not featuring Americans. Or, as they're colloquially known, the "who gives a fuck?" wars.

>Muh states rights

Yeah, to have fucking slaves

Well then I guess the game wouldn't suffer for lack of bad guys to kill or for being too morally gray.

>you will never march to the sea

Tolkien fantasy.
Modern Warfare.
Most shit in videogames today.

>mfw there will never be a MGSV-style game where you play as Garibaldi raising an army, managing soldiers and spreading your nationalist patriotic message to unite Italy.

It was for slavery.
Almost every declaration of secession focuses on slavery

Even when Czechoslovakia became two separate countries?

Darkest of Days was fun as shit though. Cool concept, fun gameplay even if the reloading was a little weird.

>shotgunning down roman soliders
>automatic rifles at antietam

Then the period weapons were pretty fun too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Zanzibar_War

For the common CSA soldier, who was certainly not a slaveowner, it would have been one of two things
-protecting their lands
-being conscripted

yes

>implying a Finno-Russian war game wouldn't be dank as shit

SOLDIERS ON SKIS user

Not to mention the russkies had superior firepower and still got their asses beat by a bunch of meming finns

Imagine if the skis controlled like Tribes lol

>declaration of secession = declaration of war

>jazzbod :DDDD

It's because people forget that battles were all over the country and instead only focus on the southern states.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Picacho_Pass
>The Battle of Picacho Pass or the Battle of Picacho Peak was an engagement of the American Civil War on April 15, 1862. The action occurred around Picacho Peak, 50 miles (80 km) northwest of Tucson, Arizona. It was fought between a Union cavalry patrol from California and a party of Confederate pickets from Tucson, and marks the westernmost battle of the American Civil War.

>Imagine if the skis controlled like Tribes lol

It would've been epin.

>russian storefront in the captcha

Aliums?

>No Fiore Di Liberi video game where you train with and fight the best swordmasters of late 1400s Germany and Italy

Modern times

mmmm brudder against brudder a country divided on istelf cannot even stand for itself on its onwn two legs. general stonewall and generall lee battling in fisticuffs to deterjmine the fate of our gurrreaaat nation.

>the American Civil War
>boring
how can one man have so much shit taste

>genteel honorbound culture
>not agrarian aristocratic elitists and traitors throwing a shitfit that they won't have access to free labor anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=zJuWszf4g_s