Finally build pc

>finally build pc
>playing pic related on ultra at 144FPS
>blowing my fucking mind how good it feels to play
>everything is so damn smooth
>drops to 60FPS when scripted story stuff happens for some reason
>feel like throwing up over 60FPS
Is this what I've been missing out on all these years?? Holy shit man I really regret not doing this sooner.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JP1I1eg9Wmk
youtu.be/k1rym_OW5TE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i suggest suicide, your brain seems to be terminally diseased

it is pretty sweet, user. Welcome to the true gaming experience

OP confirmed for losing his virginity at 0fps

Spotted the poorfag who never seen 120+ fps
Jealous? Of course you are, little baby

You're fucking retarded

What would you have to do, do experience something similiar in real life?
Drugs?

yeah because having 120+fps in 2016 is ONLY reserved for billionaires like you, right?

you are literally lobotomized by birth

Lsd let's you percieve the world in Planck Time user. You ever seen 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 fps? You will on lsd.

>Exposing yourself to 144fps

You fucked up.

You've tasted the holy grail and now everything else will seem like shit. Most games won't run on that framerate, hell some won't manage 60. So better to not even expose yourself to it.

lMAO salty consolecuck poorfags already buttblasted at glorious 120-144fps.
>consolecucks only now getting 1080p 60fps
L M A O
M
A
O

>built pc

Stopped reading there.

t. Jelly poorfags
Save your tears for when you run out of water

No. You are legitimately retarded. Any chucklefuck can get a "gaymen" monitor with a fuck you amount of hertz. You however come here feeling like it's the best thing that's happened in your life. Don't know what to tell you aside just re-evaluating your life. Though you're probably underage.

so much shitposting in one picture ... wow

I get the feeling that you are the underage one here, and you're just mad because your mommy won't buy you a "gaymen" monitor. I'm not even OP, in case you can't count IPs, newfag

Nah. I'm perfectly wealthy for these toys got a nice 144hz myself actually. However i find your retarded response and the even more retarded op concerning. Like how did humanity get so wrong

I really like this image, mind if I save it?

>Sonyggers are still THIS mad
the butthurt of Sonyggers will last until this generation dies out

No, it's my picture.
If you even think about saving it I'll sue you for everything you have.

It's all yours. Just remember to spread the truth.

Heh, now you're trying to reafirm yourself by claiming you have a 144hz monitor? And you still don't get OP's problem? Stop lying, you chucklefuck.
Anyone who's played for a prolonged time at 144fps will get used to it, and the difference between 144 and 60 is almost as bad as 60 and 30

>pc exclusive
youtube.com/watch?v=JP1I1eg9Wmk

Someone made this. Someone devoted probably an hour or more of their life to this, time they'll never get back.

I mean I've shitposted before too but this is just a whole new level.

All i'm claiming is that you're acting like some entitled cuck who probably no one but yourself can stomach in real life.
The hz is a jump yes. But if you're gonna give me this shit that it's unplayable, it is high time you just get lobotomized. No one needa your shitty personality

Yeah, I only play games at 300 fps. Anything under 120 is unplayable.
>60 fps
You're kiddin, people still play at 60?

youtu.be/k1rym_OW5TE

Something similar happened to me and now 60fps is just depressing. It's my new lowest acceptable frame rate.

WOW yet another tacticool camp to death shooter that has been done to death, what a loss

>1:01
Seems like they're using the same sound libraries as CSGO.

10/10

faggot troll with strawman arguments

stop being a faggot for falling for this troll

The cutscenes are fucking weird tho. They feel more like 30 fps than 60 desu

Rich kids in a nutshell. I hope your mom finds out you maxed out her credit card.

Is this Marge shit maybe the most forced meme of the decade?

don't ever reply to me again

>Get a 144Hz monitor
>Feels fan-fucking-tastic but colors are mediocre (lol TN)
>Want to get a second, IPS monitor for non-game content
>There's a billion models out there with seemingly no difference aside from size and res
help

welcome to bliss

The scripted story stuff running at 60fps when you're playing at 144fps seems to fuck up somehow though, it's significantly less smooth than just running it at 60.

what are some good cheap 144 hz monitors? i would only really play quake at that framerate which i know my GPU could handle

What's your budget?

this

sounds like a tooma

inb4 it's notatooma arnie meme

get a ___CRT____

My monitor has a refresh rate of 60hz.
Is there ANY WAY I can see what actual 120fps feels like, be it .webm or anything else?

i have no disposable income right now, i just want to know what might be in my grasp that i can save up for

>don't see the difference between 45 fps and 150 fps
>tried 4K at friend's place and it looks exactly the same
>only spent 40$ to upgrade to a GTX 1060
>i'm not even working for these shit cards
>this guy is wagecucking for a slight and unnoticeable FPS difference
>I still get more frames because I don't work and play video games all day

Joke's on you wagies

No.
Your best best is overclock, but you won't reach 120Hz from 60.

>lsd
>Planck time
>100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 fps

in your face

what crt monitors go up to 144hz? mine goes up to 85hz but only at 640x480

The cheapest one I can find is 250 european dollars.

Overclocking will allow you to feel the fleeting touch of 72Hz. It's not quite there; but just take the feeling of improvement and scale it up by a factor of two.

Games like L4D2 play so fucking amazingly. It's a beautiful zombie slaughter dance. And because it's Source, I get about 150fps constantly on my 970.

144hz is high now? When will modern monitors catch up to CRTs.

can overclocking a monitor cause any trouble or something?

See this is the disconnect between PS4 and PC. PS4 players are all weebshitters that don't think vidya is good unless it's in another language and has giant fake rubber boobies.

BEES

Yeah no, it's just that PC is filled with "realistic" games which are all boring, tedious trash. They don't exist on console because they are unfun, only PC autists play them.

Most of the time, they only list presets resolutions and refresh rates, but you should be able to reach even more than 200hz.
Some CRT even go up to 1600x1200 and they have an unlimited contrast ratio

The monitor refresh rate isn't as big an issue as the GPU power required to render high quality graphics at those higher frame rates.

There's also the problem of arbitrary or technical frame rate limitations on game engines.

Finally, there's also the consideration of diminishing returns (e.g., why should we waste more GPU power on a higher frame rate when it can be allocated to providing better graphical fidelity per frame or an overall smoother experience with less frame rate variance).

>ywn play quake on wireframe mode in order to get max fps again

Two sides of the same autist coin. Completely different ideas with the same thought process behind them which each side thinking their way is best.

to be fair though one side is objectively right

I live in the 60hz 60fps world. I don't want to touch 144hz, so I won't get addicted to that, since maintaining that +144fps either costs shitloads in terms of hardware OR you need to downgrade the graphics settings alot. It would just make me raise my standards once again, and I would start to get neurotic with maintaining that +144fps in every game, also I wouldn't like to play any 60fps locked games. I would end up pouring even more money into my rigs.

Also I'm an IPSfag. Last time I checked, there were no good IPS monitors with 144hz. If there is an IPS monitor with a refresh rate of 144hz, I would consider migrating to the 144hz mustardrace.

Sure. But which? We all know one side is right, but the argument is which one.

The autistic one.

console users are fox and grapes about PC exclusives and I personally don't give a shit about weeb games

lol all the pc exclusives are trash, name me one good game

Deus Ex, the original
You didn't specify the gen :)

Rising storm
Sunless sea
FTL
STALKER
Dirty bomb

this image is hilarious but for all the wrong reasons

clunky shit, aged like milk meanwhile there are hundreds if not thousands of console games that still look good to this day
kek literally all shit

You can easily make an infogram on PC vs PS4

care about weeb games -> PS4

don't care about weeb games -> PC

Deus Ex 1 was on Playstation 2, not an exclusive

it looks like mine on amd gpu only supports up to 100hz but this is still very good, thank you

Here lately weeb games have been coming in droves on Steam.

The consensus from the weebshitters is "not enough"

I bought a gaming rig. Once I get my financial situation in order I'm buying a PS4 and a good TV.

Not just the technical aspect either, but a PS4 is generally more available in regards to comfort and it offers a social status that you won't get with a GAMING RIG.

If you're a 400 pounds basement dwelling nerd it's another story. I'm not a 400 pounds basement dwelling nerd. Gamer my whole life, hence the Rig, but PS4 is just straight up more cozy.

>bought
>not built

>can't into couch gaming on PC

>Built new pc a week ago.
>Be very stubborn about setting up a windows gaming vm with vga passthrough running on linux.
>It took all my freetime this week and it still isn't ready.
>Still didn't even try playing games on my new pc.

You're totally right. I think its funny how the contrarionism and edgyness of this board shits out posts like this But I agree with you bud

>buying 144hz monitor just to play a few shooters
no thanks

>name one game
>here's five great games
>NO THOSE GAMES ARE SHIT I CAN'T BE WRONG

>dirty bomb

>great game

Give me a reason why it's bad and I'll tell you why you're wrong. Go ahead