Help me Cred Forums i got some money to burn what should i get?

Help me Cred Forums i got some money to burn what should i get?

If the choice is between those two, the 3DS. Huge backlog of good shit.

If the choice is between those two, the Vita. Huge backlog of good shit.

Both are hackable now, so...

but only one has games

Vita has the better hardware and a lot of Japanese games, from JRPGs to general weebshit and quality rhythm games.
3DS has an inferior hardware, arguably more variety of games, though the actually good ones are the usual Nintendo shit like Mario/Zelda/Pokemon/whatever, but you can easily hack it if you get one that is on a firmware that still has entry points, and then just download whatever you want for free.

I own both and like the Vita a lot more than the 3DS. The library is more appealing to me and the infinitely better screen, incredible DPAD and actual portability are the main points why I prefer it. The 3DS honestly feels like a toy, and the games it has only stress this.

So...

i didnt found a hack for vita to play games from sd :O

Judge for yourself. Just don't get the original 3DS model because it sucks. With the Vita the version you get depends on how big a trade-off you're willing to make for a nicer screen.

Depends on what games you've played in the past, honestly. If you're interested in big series like Metal Gear/Final Fantasy/Persona and never played them, Vita is a godsend because you can play actual console versions at a great framerate

when are they going to release a console that gives the user a handjob and not the other way around?

The 2000 screen isn't as terrible as people make it out to be, even if the 1000 does indeed have a better one, I personally think the trade-off for a better battery life and lower weight, which both means you can play for a lot longer, was worth it. But yeah, it's essentially this, either a better screen or better overall portability I'd say, as those two improvements mean a lot for that particular usage.

i loved my old psp so i guess i stik to sony

Seconding the original 3ds sucking. Could only hack my 3ds instead of my LL and I fucking hate it.

>i dont own a psp
vita
>i dont own a ds
3ds

When androids have practical use.

Do you like Nintendo games aka 5000 Mario games that are slightly tweaked and some other shit like Animal Crossing?
Get a 3DS.

Do you like weird perverted Anime games, boring JRPGS and weird Japanese games you can import?
Get a Vita.

I own both

Want japanese dancing games? Vita

Want anything else? 3DS

Alternatively,
>I owned X ten years ago but it's currently worn out/broken

Vita still fucks you with memory card prices.

Having owned both, I can say the 2000 is superior. The screen thing is a meme leftover from the early days of the console marketing and hype.

Same. Since piracy my PS4 has been collecting dust.

Not trying to be apologeptic about it but you technically only need a 16GB card and transfer whatever game you've finished to your PC/PS3/PS4 and get new space. That's an aspect that barely ever gets brought up.

You are being apologetic, though. You shouldn't HAVE to transfer games off when you're finished with them, which is a lengthy process in and of itself. There is no excuse for Vita memory cards costing 2-3 times their microSD equivalent.

PS4 doesn't connect to Vita outside of the Remote Play app, which is available on PC and Sony Tablets.

Why the fuck would I want to pay ~$30 for a 16 GB though?
Not to mention most of the games on the Vita are going digital in the west, so of course I'm gonna need a larger card. That shit fills up quick if you're playing stuff over 3 GB and that's not even including patches and DLC.
There's also that lingering fact that the memory cards aren't very reliable.

>2-3 times
if only...

Just get a 3ds user

3ds has superior catalog but vita also has good games if you can get both get both. If not 3ds is the better choice.

you should probably spend the money on a good investment like a vacuum cleaner instead of a handheld gaming device.

its not 2005 anymore my mate

Vita. The only thing worth playing on 3DS is Project Mirai, for literally EVERYTHING ELSE, you're better off waiting for emulation because the visual quality is that bad.

The Vita doesn't have many games, but if you're into certain genres it's pretty alright, and the screen isn't total cancer.

depends on what games you like:

3DS:
>SMTIV / IV A / Soulhackers remake
>Monster Hunter
>Bravely Default / Second
>Xenoblade
>EOIV / V / U1/ U2
>Fire Emblem
>Rune Factory 4
>Pokemon
>7th Dragon

PSVita:
>DRPG galore:
>Demon Gaze
>Dungeon Travelers 2 / 2-2
>Operation Abyss
>Stranger of Sword City
>Persona 4G
>Odin Sphere
>Dragon's Crown
>Mary Skelter
>Trails of Cold Steel 1&2

I like them both desu

Buy a nice dinner for your gf.
Entitled piece of dog animals.
Wife wants dog i give dog.
But money is what they eat.

yeah dude
how dare someone want a portable device to play actual games, when we have smartphones with an incredible library consisting of revolutionary games like candy crush and pokemon go

way to figuratively put words in my mouth.

buying a hand hold game is a waste of money in my opinion.

a phone has some decent games anyways. maybe back in 2012 your argument would be valid

>no digimon on the vita side

>buying dead consoles
Why don't you just burns your money instead?

>phone has some decent games
And this is almost decent bait.

>have Senran Kagura on the PS3
>been trying for an entire week to get it copied over to my PSTV
>needs to download a 2GB update, and does it at about 100kb/s and cuts out halfway through

stay narrow minded you tribal pleb

give us an example then, normie

subjective

name one good phone game

Monster hunter freedom unite hd.

sonic 1, 2, cd
terraria
minecraft
crazy taxi
delver
half life 2
worms 2 armageddon
gta san andreas
emulators up the asshole

name one good android exclusive phone game

>not even mobile games, just console games emulated on a mobile device you have to buy a separate controller from or use digital touchscreen buttons that cover up the game
You are really dumb.

>tfw playing doom 3 and lego star wars on my nvidia shield
>cant go out in public because its designed like a razer device and is ugly as sin

Keep moving goalposts. I wanna see if we reach Cred Forums discussions soon.

Ya blew it.

>game on mobile
>NO THEY DONT COUNT NO. NOOOOOOOOOOO.
bluetooth controllers are 40 dollars or you could just clip a ps4 controller and that would work too

Booze and snacks.

>half life 2
>portal
what the fuck? when did valve start porting their shit?

If emulators count the you have no reason to play on anything more than a computer.

name one good game developed with mobile in mind

In both cases you're going to be burned if you buy one of the handhelds. Especially now.

You'll be paying MSRP for any new Vita, and not that much less for a used one. The console stopped being replenished in April (though /r/vita/ downvoted the story to the point the guy deleted it to save his karma.) Prices are going higher because pirates are now snatching up the last consoles to pirate everything released roughly from the console's launch until now. Almost five years of game releases. Sony also won't honor the warranty if you don't buy it from someplace like Amazon or Gamestop. Internet resellers aren't authorized dealers, and they're the only ones with stock left. Don't forget the memory card!

There's a few Japanese releases still coming west but most of the games are PS4 exclusive or Vita digital only. On top of that a PC version now gets released a couple months later. There's a large back catalog you can go through, but it will be MSRP since many of the games are only on the PSN store at full price and not in your local Gamestop's Vita half shelf.

3DS is at the end of its life. NX is seemingly going to be a console and handheld hybrid. You'll pay $200 for a >new< XL only to have the NX announced and released in march for $300. An $80 2DS or even $50 used one will play all but a handful of 3DS games and can be hacked if you find an old firmware. Outside of Pokemon and Yokai Watch, the big titles are done for the console and they're in a holding pattern for NX.

Either way you're pissing away money

>give mobile games
>here is some console games instead
Daft man.

>If you're a weeb
Vita

>If not
3ds

other than it being completely mobile, are you fucking dumb? only the last thing i mentioned was even an emulator and i didn't even mention the foss ports of shit like quake 2, doom, and all the roguelikes

Well, yeah. Did you honestly just realize PCs have always been the best option?

Notebooks are a thing that exist, not that much bigger than a tablet.

why should multiplats be a problem when listing good games ported to a system?

most of those games run perfectly on a shitty phone, like an xperia play which fits in a pocket. notebooks are hardly portable in comparison and don't have gamepads that hold up the screen or anything comparable

A smartphone is a portable PC. Anyone can write applications and get published without having to go through a lot of regulatory bullshit. Then when I don't want to game, I can watch videos, take pictures, or shitpost on Cred Forums. Large enough screens even allow for word processing.

Multiplats don't count either as they are multiplats and you can get them somewhere else.

i don't understand this thinking, this isn't a console war, just because they are on another system doesn't mean it isn't still a good game on the system, and besides a lot of those games aren't on other mobile devices. not only that, but many phones can straight up emulate exclusives for systems like psp and ds so you have their libraries too. some of those games were even mobile exclusive first too, like delver which was ported to pc over a year later

Not if he hack both systems.
You end up getting a catalog full of shit that would entertain you for at least a year.
Not to say that relying on NX speculation is pretty stupid with the current situation, since we don't know if it'll be indeed a hybrid and if it is, if it'll have backwards compatibility at all.

This isn't about console wars dipshit, it's looking at why you would want to purchase a particular platform.
If you want to play cod then it doesn't matter if you buy a bone or ps4 so they can't be used as a factor in the decision of which one to buy.

3DS

huge library, easy to hack

most people already own a phone is my point, and most likely it could play most games on there since they aren't designed to sell systems, they are designed to sell their game to as many players as possible. if you want to play grand theft auto vice city portably, you have no other options so saying its unnotable just because it has multiplats is stupid. there are also no other portable options for playing most of those games, again, why does them sharing their titles with pc make them irrelevant in a mobile market? this is console war shitposting because you are claiming that unless the titles are exclusive they are irrelevant which isn't true at all

Not saying you have to do it, but if you get a 2ds and hack it, you can get the whole 3ds library for $70.

Because you are using the device meant to take calls and message people to play games, which drains the battery faster and leaves you vulnerable to getting interrupted in a game and for your process to be lost as the call goes unlike a conventional device. Not to mention phones can be used to pay for bus fare and even be used as credit cards so you don't want them powering off on you while on the road.
And no, dumbass you can't look at things both things share in order to make a descision between the two things, things like exclusives and the controller come into play, and touchscreen controls are cancer.
>buy a searate controller
Conventional devices come with controllers.
There are severe problems with using your phone to game.

Basically:
3DS:
>RPGS + every other games type
Vita:
>RPG only

>2ds
You're missing out on xb 3d and a second nub.

what about chargers and backup batteries? you wouldn't be playing all day, ive never had a situation where i couldnt come home with half battery and just recharge for tomorrow. what about the inconvenience of carrying two devices as opposed to just one? and not even mentioning inconvenience of carrying cart based games. many phones are designed with games in mind and have controllers, but a ps4 controller isn't second rate either, who officially supports android connectivity with their devices. a samsung galaxy is capable of emulating ps2, gamecube, psp, and everything inbetween, how could you not see the appeal? this is basically the argument for pc verses consoles, you can do a lot more on a good phone

>not both

Get a load of this poorfag.

Those console games you like to brag about aren't designed to be played on the go by someone busy enough to only have used up half their battery after a day of work, you'd look like dumbass using a ps4 controller to play your phone in public, and at that point you need to start considering if your 300 to 1000 dollar device is worth it over a conventional machine that even with the vita's memory price bloat won't rise as high.
On top of two small devices not being anywhere near as cumbersome as a tablet and a phone.

if you're relating to my list, then no.

3DS:
>JRPGS and DRPGs

Vita:
>JRPGs, DRPGs, ARPGs

that's not to say that these are the only genres of the system, but I believe these titles to be the best on each respective console.
they're both rpg machines

get some hoes and fuck them like there is no tomorrow

Good luck not getting busted by LI and them not trying to steal your shit. Or getting mugged as you look for one.
They'd probably be more expensive.

>Those console games you like to brag about aren't designed to be played on the go
what do you mean? they have new save systems. and if you really gave a shit about your appearance to others you wouldn't be playing mobile games in public at all, except touch screen phone games obviously. phones capable of psp emulation and most native ports can cost 100 dollars like the lg optimus f6, an otherwise shitty phone but in ways compared to only other phones like custom roms. it blows the other portable devices out of the water, and thats not even one of the chinkshit phones Cred Forums memes about which are good for the price like oneplus. oh but maybe only emulators interest you, a xperia play is 50 dollars and can emulate up to super nintendo and gba fullspeed for free with foss programs (best ps1 emu is 5 dollars though). you have options, there are only a handful of flagship phones even more expensive than a 2ds

So if you want to game on the cheap get a mediocre phone expressively for that purpose when a hacked psp can do it fine as well.
At this point you're suggesting buying another phone as a dedicated gaming device which is counter intuitive to your earlier arguments of playing on the go with one convenient device.

no im saying you have options. i bet your phone right now could emulate psp games.

It can, but the controls are awful.

3DS
>DQ
>PxZ
>An ok SRW and a shit SRW

Vita
>Digimon
>Muramasa
>God eater/Freedom wars
>Gundam breaker 3
>A good SRW and a shit SRW

Both are top tier with free games now.

whatever then

>NX released on March
kek I'm sure it will, buddy.

Vita + Henkaku > 3DS + Emunand > 3DS > Vita

Vita is having quite a good surge of games. Just this month of October alone we're getting valkyrie drive, world of final fantasy, exist archive and yomawari.

If you like weeb games get a vita, otherwise 3ds.

>If you like weeb games get a vita, otherwise 3ds.

Why do people act as if 3ds games aren't weeb games as well?

>still can't play psp isos on my vita
REEEEEEEEEE

I want to play CRISIS CORE REEEEEEEEEE

I unironically love my vita and I didn't even bother to hack it.

Just get a 3ds if you want Cred Forumsalidation from the majority. The Vita is for people who don't give a fuck.

vita has no games
get 3ds