Are there any games where you actually read the books, notes or whatever random pieces of lore you find about the world...

Are there any games where you actually read the books, notes or whatever random pieces of lore you find about the world? I usually don't bother, but for some reason I really enjoy reading about it in Grim Dawn.

No.

The Witcher

witcher books i usually read since they are usually pretty well written for vidya, are pretty short, and frequently give you something good to know that can help gameplay, find quests etc

fallout computers are usually fun to read for same reason

other than that not really though. every time i do a baldurs gate playthrough i always tell myself i will read the lore books this time but those things are just too fucking long

Enderal, otherwise i would only bother if its either very interesting or small amounts

Morrowind.

Read Vivec's lessons and a dance of fire

It's the same in Grim Dawn, the entries are pretty short and sometimes involve the locations of hidden locations or entire quests.

Bravely Default

>books
Morrowind
>notes or whatever
A lot of 00's games used notes, audio logs and journal entries you find throughout the levels as the secondary narration method.
See System/Bioshock, AvP2, etc.

DA:I had a ton of stuff like that. A lot of it is voiced narration as well. The only shitty part is you can't close the book or note or whatever and continue listening to the narration while you play (a la bioshock). You're stuck on the screen with the text so what's the point of a narration?

>Playing DA:I

Kys my man!

Wildstar

Since there was barely any content I would get comfy in my house and read all the lore entries I unlocked.

God the notes in DA:I were so fucking boring.
At least up to the point I played.
All of them went something like this,
>"SHE the queen of everything was able to do everything flawlessly with super strength and intellect with her lover, the other queen of everything."
Maybe I'm looking back on it through a lens but I stopped reading them because all the gods or important people were so fucking boring

Fatal frame has been the only game series that I've read anything because the game make a lil bit more sense.

TES

Morrowind is literal god-tier for this.

As is Deus Ex, for that matter.

Metroid Prime

Elder Scrolls

Oblivion blew my mind with the amount of books you could read back in the day.

Oblivion and Morrowind, Skyrim as well to a certain extent but I found it lacking in that department

how about the entire elder scrolls series you jizz guzzling cockmongler

>vivec's lessons
>mfw reading any random sentence
septimus's book on the elder scrolls is also fun like that except it actually makes some kind of sense

too bad TES games and lore are garbage

>LORE books
>eso
kek

>tes lore
>garbage
>mfw
and what exactly would you consider good lore user?
every game eventually gets a mod with all the previous games' books added in
makes skyrim reading 100 times as comfy

didn't know that, fuckin sweet I got a new mod to install

I don't do it at all in RPGs, but I read the notes and stuff lying around all the time in horror games. Probably because horror stories interest me more than medieval fantasy stories.