Nintendo of Japan announced this earlier...Famicom Mini

Nintendo of Japan announced this earlier...Famicom Mini.

Has a few different games and retails for about $59 in Japan. What do you guys think about it?

I'm picking one up for sure.

>Inb4 NintenFag

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/15dTZlQLHLs
youtube.com/watch?v=-SYfdwtv3eI
tcrf.net/Metroid#Version_Differences
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtu.be/15dTZlQLHLs

YouTube link for those interested/source

Is it getting localized/comming to the west?

Mini SNES fucking WHEN?

I dont think so, it looks as if it's the Japanese equivalent of our mini NES. Plus, itd be a little redundant since some of the games are similar (also completely in Japanese...)

I'm gonna import one for sure

As the NES, yes. You can still just import the Famicom version though if that's what you want. It's just plug & play.

youtube.com/watch?v=-SYfdwtv3eI

I'd assume you'd need a power outlet adapter since the plug is most likely hardwired to the unit itself. Just something to convert the wattage to work with US/EU/rest of the world.

It's better to just buy the mini NES. The controllers for the mini Famicom are in proportion with the system since they dock with it, so they're tiny (and even tinier in Western hands). The mini NES has full-size controllers.
They're hardwired to the system too, so you can't use them with Virtual Console games like the mini NES controllers.

I really hope theres a way to hack it...

But probably all the games and shit will be on a romchip/flashchip.

The only way for this system to be cracked is for the data is on a internal microsd, but its not gonna happen.

The mini Famicom and NES are both powered by USB, so you can plug it into anything. If you want to plug it into a wall socket you need a USB>mains adapter.
I don't know about the JP and US releases, but at least here in Europe you don't get the adapter with it. You have to buy it elsewhere.

It seems like a lot of money just for a famicom emulator...

>Powered by USB
I did not know this. It makes everything perfect now.

It's more of a novelty item then anything.

>Has a few different games
>few
has more than few you dipshit.

What's the point? Emulators are more flexible and configurable, unfiltered NES output is going to look bad on a modern LCD screen. And of course you're not limited in your game selection.

I guess if the controllers really feel authentic then it might be good for that but you can get descent knockoff NES/SNES USB controllers for cheaper.

That seems like a novelty item that many younger players will buy because they never owned a NES to begin with and they want to look hardcore and then it'll be left to collect dust within a week.

To be honest I didn't look at the full list of games, saw it and made the thread

You have a point but it's just as you said, a niche item that will collect dust for most people that buy them. For me this and the NES mini are collectors pieces. I already own most of the games on their original systems (except the Famicom Mini exclusive games) so it'll probably stay boxed in my room.

Mini Famicom & Mini NES game lineup differences:

NES ONLY:
Donkey Kong Jr.
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Final Fantasy
Kid Icarus
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
Tecmo Bowl

FAMICOM ONLY:
Yie Ar Kung-Fu
Atlantis No Nazo
Solomon's Key
Bumping Sumo
River City Ransom
Final Fantasy III
Downtown Nekketsu March
Mario Open Golf

BOTH:
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2 (Super Mario USA)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.
Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Zelda 2: Adventure of Link
Metroid
Balloon Fight
Excitebike
Dr. Mario
Kirby's Adventure
Ice Climber
Pac-Man
Galaga
Gradius
Castlevania
Super C
Mega Man 2
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Ninja Gaiden
Double Dragon II: The Revenge

Sorry but I haven't been keeping up, was the nes mini released? Can you hack it to put roms on it? I would honestly buy one if you can.

IT doesn't come out till November 11th.

I dont think this is correct

Im sure the metroid famicom one will be the disk version

How different is metroid JP against US outside game saving?

Probably a year from now if this is successful. I can't wait to play all those JRPGs again without an emulator.

Is that not Metroid?

Mostly music and sound effects, I always play the disk version when emulating

tcrf.net/Metroid#Version_Differences

>No Gimmick!

It's shit

The thing is that I kind of get wanting the "authentic experience" of the real hardware instead of using emulators, but this is just an emulator in a novelty box. You can achieve a similar result with a raspberry pi for around the same price and with the pi you can emulate more consoles and games. That just seems like a poor investment to me.

Collectors gonna collect but for the rest of mankind I'd suggest checking out retropi or something like that.

Oh and more importantly enemies are smarter/have more variety in their moves in the FDS version, forgot about that

Famicoms are still sold there like it's nothing. Unless there are diehard Nintendo fans or oversea buyers this thing's gonna bomb.

Oh. Well that definitely sounds noticiable.

Still, at the end of the day, its still the same game...

US got the better deal here. Bubble Bobble still holds up as a two player game. Punch-out is Punch-out. Startropics is an underappreciated cousin to both Zelda and Mother. The eh exclusives Donkey Kong Jr and Kid Icarus are a hundred times preferable to Atlantis No Nazo and Yie ar Kung-fu.

Ningen fag

So basically you couldn't find more anime to spend your NEETbux on, so you will buy an emulator?

Oh shit you just made me notice
No MOTHER on the famicom, what the FUCK nintendo.

ZAMASU

More like the "Autistic Experience"

Holy fuck how do you even play on that shit

our japanese hans so small, so tiny
you americans biiiig gargantuan hands

I still wonder why they gave us Castlevania 2 and not 3. Does anyone actually like Castlevania 2? Even back when Konami was making Castlevania games their own people talk about how awful 2 was.

The only game I wish we got were the Kunio games. But overall I think we have a much better list which sounds weird as fuck. Just sad we will have the US versions of certain games and not the Disk System since they have better music.

Something about the western NES design lends it to this kind of a system better. At least they can hide the fact it doesn't accept cartridges better.

Because AVGN
Japan got atlantis no nazo because of game center CX

Both games are shit, both games were played by "celebrities" and made popular because they were bad

That's a shame. I love that gold and red design.

Castlevania 3 is too similar to Castlevania 1. To the point where there wouldn't be much of a point in including 1 if 3 is in there, but you can't just ignore the very first game.

Castlevania 2 would give some variety.

It's hard to really guess what went on with the third party game choices. Those could have been either Nintendo or whoever they got the games from. I'm assuming 2 got in over 3 possibly because it's more "famous" than 3 (for better or worse) or maybe they just wanted both NES games featuring Simon. Or maybe whoever picked this shit just legitimately has no idea 2 is a shit game and 3 is considered an underrated classic.

what the fuck at that controller size

Well, isnt the vrc1 a hard chip to emulate?
Maybe thats why is not on the minifami at least.

SUPER MARIO BRASASU

EXAITOBAIKU.

and

LOKKUMAN TSU - DOKTAH WAIRI NO NATZO

HEY

WHATCHA GONNA DO WIT MUH WINE MOTHERFUCKA

If these had 50 games instead of 30, what would you add in?

I would add the other 5 megaman games and the kunio games we had (rcr, nintendo world cup, crash and the boys)

Dragon Quest 1-4 but Enix has made it a goal to never put their older games under any form of digital sale. I mean if the Famicom mini couldn't get them like hell US getting them.

OK serious question. Beside nostalgia value and the console itself looking goddamn neat, what's the reasons to get this instead of JUST boot up console?
Also I'm fucking in Japan right now what do.

Get naked on the street and shout "make america great again"!

shaking my head to be honest famicom

Or I can just emulate those games for free?

>paying $59 for a crappy emulator box

>buying Nintendo games
>not pirating all of them

I'm Australian cunt
what do

$59 is chump change. And it's an adorable emulator box. Eat shit & die.

Kill yourself, mate.

>people are spending their money on something I don't like
autism

>famicom gets river city ransom

Why is nintendo so cruel

How does Nintendo have the balls to charge 60$ for 30 emulated NES games? That's insane. Who out there is buying this shit?

>FAMICOM ONLY
>River City Ransom

get fucked NoA. we're even JUST NOW getting those Kunio Kun games that came out on 3DS THREE YEARS AGO. How is that new River City game though btw piratefags?

bravo nintendo

>$2 per game
>that's insane
Don't Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft ALL sell emulated decades old games for $10 each in their e-shops?

What the fuck? Castlevania 1 and 3 are nothing alike. Also castlevania 2 was pretty shit.

>MUH DISPOSAL INCOME EXCUSE

eat shit. I spent more than I'd like to admit on my amiibo collection and I wouldn't give a red cent towards this glorification of a plug and play.

nobody is forcing you retard.

go get a job, useless NEET.

They sure do and it's nuts.

>no Fire Emblem on Famicom
>loses Bubble Bobble, DK Jr., FF1, Punch-Out, SQ, Tecmo Bowl, and KI
Might as well just buy a NES Mini instead desu.

>I'M A NEET
kek

Never mind, I underestimated it

I have a career and good money. I'm not going to spend $60 on an NES emulator because I'm good with money. This is why poor people are poor they are dumb and buy stupid shit.

>without an emulator
Are you retarded? What do you think is happening inside that mini NES? Do you there are little elves in there putting a tiny cartridge in for the game you select?

>meanwhile, dumps a shit ton of money on destiny

he's probably not a neet if he bought 70 plus amiibo and who know how many weren't retail.

nice cherrypicked example. if i didn't know better I'd say you were projecting.

also fuck Bungie for changing their mind on how paid content worked.

What?

I guess they don't want to overload it with too many Nintendo games. A nice mixture of both Nintendo and 3rd party games.

That specific example isn't emulated, it's a proper port.

>changing their mind on how paid content worked
What? They're the kikes that invented DLC.

>Mini Famicom has no Takeshi no Chousenjou

I'd be mad, if I was Japanese.

>Nintendo keeps making money without actually making games
Come the fuck on already

or just emulate

>more games
>more options
>save states if you want to learn the game faster without buying an evermeme
>free

let me think, nah you know what, give me the piece of shit OP is holding.

>Super Mario USA
W-What? so the Japaneses did get Mario 2, I wonder if it was popular there, doubt it through given that retarded name, Lost Levels was retarded too anywais, its difficulty even today can make you through the controller.

So cute.

Just fucking launch an emulator on your phone of whatever console you want up to PS\PSP and stream it to fucking TV. Why the fuck keep making OUYA's?

For games like Metroid, Zelda 1, Zelda 2, etc,
Is the system running the Famicom Disk system version?

>few different games
why doesn't it come with all games? I'd just emulate, because it's superior to this shit

JapJews, they'd charge with your soul if they could.

Look at the year. Came out in freaking 1992. From what I've heard people in Japan doesn't really care about it. Nintendo however really loves it since all their side Mario games are all about SMB2 USA (Birdo, shyguys, ect.)

please tell me they fucked up the name not the footage.

they fucked the footage.

Dude, with $60 you can already buy a full fledge android phone that can emulate all nes and up to ds games for that matter

Or you can buy a raspberry pi with USB controller and hook it up to your TV

Guess thats true.

Personally, and sorry for the shilling, if i wanted a emulated nes experience, i would buy a raspi and the parts for a daftmike minines.

>just as small as the nes mini
>able to use nes controllers
>miniature custom nes nfc cartridges for quick game access, with actual cart insert action.
>actual working pwr and reset function

It would be more expensive, doesnt have the filters or savestates, and it will end gathering dust too, but it definitely beats the nes mini overall.

>but you can't just ignore the very first game.
Mega Man says "hi"

No one cares about Mega Man 1 with 2 or 3 is around. However Castlevania 1 is still considered a great game.

ITT: poor people angry that others want to waste money.