I'm starting to think I just don't like multiple endings in video games

I'm starting to think I just don't like multiple endings in video games.

I've always felt that multiple endings are a good concept, but most of the time, they're just one actual ending and a dozen "fuck you go back and play the game over" endings.

Is there anyone here who actually supports this mongoloid philosophy in game design?

Take pic related (slight spoilers ahead):
>woaw, these characters are neat and the concept is cool
>oh, I'm getting somewhere and things are happening in the plot as time grows more desperate
>I'm having fun with the somewhat simple puzzles and the game has lots of cool scenes and events that occur around me
>lolnope u ded, start the entire game over :v)

Have you actually finished the game?

Is this bait? or just someone really uninformed about the game.

But user, two of the endings in that game tie into the lore and story by sheer virtue of the main character's recollection of the other ending which means it actually did a pretty good job with the multiple endings thing.

Plus, its sequel, Virtue's Last Reward, does that sort of thing even better, because the protagonist can only collect all of the information he needs by experiencing certain events that happen in the different endings

Really, you picked a bad example for this argument.

You can even skip all of the text you've already been exposed to, and it automatically stops for new text.

>start the entire game over
Except you don't start the entire game over, you skip to where you had a choice to make?

Have you actually even played the game since you got a bad end? Maybe you should do that and delete this thread.

YU-NO does multiple endings really well. By having each route take place in different locations and with different characters, you can witness multiple sides of the overarching story without sensing repetition.

And VLR even fixed the chore of redoing puzzles you'd already solved with the way it handled the codes.

>Except you don't start the entire game over, you skip to where you had a choice to make?
That's VLR, dude. 999 has no in-game flowchart.

>suspense and cliffhangers are bad.
Is it the same retard making these posts?

OK, fast-forward.

I know.
Starting the entire game over implies that you literally have to sit through all the text all over again when you can speed it up and skip the text instead

And technically 999 does have a flowchart, just not in the DS version.

But you literally never have to go back to puzzle rooms except for the elevator, and you're forced to redo the puzzles anyway so you can get the gold code that time.

Pretty sure you can just go back to a silver escape room with the difficulty set to hard and just input the password you got earlier to unlock the gold file.

>mfw I realized June's fever was caused by her being incinerated

Multiple endings are cool when they each have value and I can feel okay with my personal journey through the game and the conclusion I came to through it.

Basically when I don't feel annoyed at having to replay the game over and over for the other endings

probably gonna get these games soon. Do I need to know anything or is it better to go in blind

go in as blind as possible, but once you get a bad ending search up how to get the good ones

if you're playing VLR on the 3DS, DON'T SAVE IN THE PEC OR CREW QUARTERS.

now leave now before you're spoiled.

Watch out for dice puzzles too

>tfw i chose the true path in 999 and VLR first time

it's a weird feel.

Don't get THESE games just get THIS game
And save yourself the trouble of such an amazing self contained experience being retroactively ruined by a shitty conclusion of a third game