Give me one good reason why you aren't playing Old School Runescape

Give me one good reason why you aren't playing Old School Runescape

I got over it and moved on with my life.

The magic is gone and I'll never enjoy it like I did back then.

because it's old

Give me one good reason why you are playing "old school" GEscape.

It was never good. The only reason I played it was because I was under age

>Wasn't allowed to download any kind of software to the computer without permission
>Didn't even have an allowance because we were lower-middle class
>Even if I did had money the good games required credit card payments and my parents were scared of buying anything over the Internet.

Because its subjectivly a bad game in my honest opinion to be honest

It's only fun if you're botting and constantly up to date on the meta-game and guides and shit. You can't just, sit down and do random shit. You'll get bored and mad you can't do member shit.

>botting
>fun

Boy i sure am having fun not playing vidya

because it isnt 'oldschool'
its just rs3 with shitty graphics and no eoc
it started out well then they fucked it all again by adding the ge and a bunch of shitty raids
also bots and gold trading from rs3 to osrs

>Be me
>Mom too scared to use debit card over the internet for membs
>Had to send a check in the mail to Jagex and wait several days to get membs

Was this really a thing?

I remember an user posting once he used to send to Jagex mails with money inside it and a note with the username on it

Man I was so dumb for not thinking about it

I have good memories of this game, I'm not going to spoil them by realizing how shitty it really was.

Nostalgia goggles

Exploring the world and discovering new things is what made it good.
Now people know everything about it, and autists have optimised the best way to do anything, there isn't much fun there

because after a while there's nothing to do but grind and it gets boring
gave 10M away to some random Cred Forumsirgin here a few months ago

membership is too high

dont want to do the long ass grind all over again

because new school rs is better

Sounds like Cred Forums alright

Question: Last time I tried it (2014 maybe) the screen was tiny like in the old days. Is there any way to play with a larger screen size?

Also, can you get the scythe and other event items?

RuneScape was only fun to me in a vacuum in a time when a freely-accessible game of such breadth, popularity, and low requirements (playable in a browser, even) was a rarity and I grew up with its development. It's just not the same trying to go back. I've been there and done that with everything Classic and Old School have to offer.

Because Runescape is a shit game you played when you were poor and underage since you could play it a the library.

It was serviceable for what it was, but considering the vast amount of games available now I don't see why one would go back to the MMO equivalent of Elf Bowling.

>353370686
asda

Because i never played any version of it and im not sure if its worth it nowdays.

Because I started playing RS3 again after about 4 years off and my friends that still play are all maxed so I feel like a permascrub.

>tfw 400k to 90 agility

why would i spend hundreds of hours of soul sucking grinding in a game when i can do that in real life?

this game was good only when you were in elementary school and had nothing better to do

I was in the same situation

>thinking you have to grind forever to get something
you are not playing the game right user

Because I am. In fact, I just got 3rd age armour.

I don't have time to play grindy MMO's anymore. If it was like 5 times the experience then maybe I Would, but I could be playing games that are much more fun for 2 hours rather than tediously mine for 2 hours.

this

I grew up.

This game is fantastic to me

>plenty of low level content and builds, one thing that a lot of MMOs still fucking fail to do to this day
>has some sort of fast-travel system unlocked by doing quests, leveling up magic or buying teleports tab from other players
>you can make money with plenty of skills, none of them is useless (not even firemaking)
>plenty of tasks do not require your full attention but you can rack up the xp if you are
>has plenty of lore and it is implemented in many quests and areas, is not just thrown on your face
>best quests i've ever seen in any RPG
>content is approved by players and the QA team does a great job
>NO DATAMINING

Say what you will about having to grind, i don't see it that way, you should only grind a few skills to high level, i am currently just leveling up thieving and crafting and i know i'll be good enough for the rest of my playtime

If you think you have to play it like a grindfest, then, sorry to say, but you are playing the game the wrong way

because im playing the superior version of runescape right now

Because I'm playing RuneScape 3

I've already moved on and I don't feel like grinding again

Because I'm playing the superior Cred Forumsscape instead.
-No GE
-Not filled with bots
-Not filled with underaged redditors
-Not filled with overpowered new custom content
-Completely free to play

I don't want to

>i can't be bothered to afford a fucking bond: the post

>you only enjoyed this game because you were a poor kid who couldn't afford better games at the time
thought the same a month before but tried it again just for the nostalgia to do the basic quests

the music is fucking good
the grinding is suprisingly satisfying, don't know why, on paper it shouldn't feel this good
the visuals are still alright with rs's strange artstlye, the only thing that feels outdated about it is the short line of sight

would have gladly jumped back into the game but what killed it for me is seeing bots literally everywhere and knowing that I also could just download a bot app that would even do the quests for me.

>Being this cucked by Jewgex that you are unironically defending having to grind for an entire day to afford a few days of membership, or just buy them for real money
Why the FUCK would I do that for an objectively worse game? Kill yourself.

I don't have the same time on my hands I did as a kid. Also, it wouldn't be the same.

When I was a kid, everyone played. It was all we talked about in school. We all used to play it during lunch in the library until the school blocked it. One of my friends had like 4 computers in his house and we all used to hangout there and play nonstop just shouting at each other down the hall.

The closest I could get to replicating this would be to join the /vg/ guild, which fucking sucks because all they do is meme and beg for shit despite almost everyone being filthy rich.

I gave away all my stuff in old school about 3 weeks ago. It is really only good to go back for nostalgia. It is definitely populated, especially during weekends, but nowhere near where the player count was during the golden age. Back in the day every inch of Runescape was populated, now whenever you want to do something particular you have to join the server that is dedicated to that one thing, like PvP or Castle Wars.

Monkey Madness 2 was actually pretty good, you guys are missing out.

Everyone laugh at this faggot

>An entire day
It takes me like 20 minutes. Just stop being a low level shitter.

I have to go to work

I legitimately pity you. Being this absorbed into your sunk-cost fallacy is not healthy.

>Being this cucked by Jewgex that you are unironically defending having to grind for an entire day to afford a few days of membership, or just buy them for real money
Why the FUCK would I do that for an objectively worse game? Kill yourself.

I bet you tried to bot and got caught, took me like less than a day to get a fucking bond on F2P.

>"i need to play on a different server to get all the pretty items i can't get on the real game"
fuck off stupid, go play on your shitty server that hosts players who can't afford bonds, or can't fucking focus on 1 task for more than 10 minutes to get a really easy bond

Wtf I love shilling now!

>playing a literal private server
top cuck

>Absorbed
I basically afked to 85 slayer and now I can get the money for a bond in one task. I can't fathom the amount of seed I have spilled afking in this game, possibly a swimming pool full.

And now I can just casually crank out a slayer task or a clue scroll at my own leisure.

because i don't have friends anymore and the only thing that made this game fun was adventuring an unknown world with friends

Sad cause bad, I get 2 bonds every one bond I get plus a 1/4 bonus bond just from the kingdom management in OSRS and RS3.

>Cucks in this thread unironically paying real money to play the defiled corpse of Runescape
If you weren't retarded, you'd realize that Jagex would have to pay YOU in order to enjoy it.

>what are bonds

Who is paying real money? I'm asking sincerely because I am level 110 and I have never paid real money for a bond. Clearly somebody is buying them, but I always just assumed it was reddit.

Shitters who can't make money and who want full bandos with a dragon full helm.

>unironically grinding just to play more of their shit game every day*
Fixed that for you faggots.

>on paper

What did he mean by this?

I enjoy it though.

Clue scrolls are fun, slayer is usually fun and getting the quest cape was fun.

see

>"Old School" Runescape
>It isn't this version

Yeah, fuck off.

It doesn't have divination

See

>Le good ole "ITS JUST A GRINDFEST" argument

Its only a grindfest if you play it that way, you can make millions by leveling up ONE fucking skill, i maintain myself by just having leveled thieving and i don't need to level other shit except for combat stats, i have a lot of fun doing bosses and pking with clans

"ITS JUST A GRINDFEST" is a flawed vision of players who think they need to speedrun to 99 by doing the same mundane shit everyday and then they complain that they have to do it when nobody forced them too

Just grinding over and over to 99 shows that you can't organize your time for shit, it shows that you probably look up videos on youtube about "BEST XP/HR METHOD" instead of just doing what YOU feel like doing

If you play the game like a fucking bot then thats your problem

Because Runescape 3 is better.

WHO /deadman/ HERE?

Fuch yeah tomorrow at 3pm see ya losers, knowing Cred Forums you're all way too casual for deadman.

If you think Runescape isn't a grind in any way you might be retarded, and your opinion is discarded.
People enjoy the grind, myself included, but to say it's not a grind at all is just delusional.

darkscape was better.

>present argument
>literally respond with "no its not" and "opinion discarded" without any counter-argument

wow you sure showed me bud

not him

I've played runescape for 13 years.

You'd have to be delusional to pretend there's no grind.

I'm not saying it's not fun, you're just fucking crazy.

because i'm not poor and it's runescape.

Wow, BOOBIES that I would like to see

Of course there is grind, but there is plenty of methods to get high level on any skill

What would even be the point if you could just jump to 99? I don't know what game would be fun if you do the same shit for hours and hours to no-end

If you want instant gratification then go fucking play LoL or Rocket League

Dude you're literally arguing with people who enjoy the game.

Step back, reevaluate, nobody is hurting you.

>takes 20 minutes
Wasting 14 years of your life just to max everything still isn't worth it
inb4 "I got all my 99's in 10 minutes, git gud!"

Skill capes really isn't a good argument, a lot of people stop after getting the quest cape which on a fresh account can take months on its own and the quests are inarguably actual content.

Because it boils down to a pointlessly boring endless grind like all other MMORPGs do now days?

I loved this game when I was younger but the grind is ridiculous, this is one of those games where you can't play anything else if you want to make progress at a decent pace.

>level up combat + at least 1 skill to high level (crafting in my case)
>make enough for bond plus good items when i need them
>literally took me a little less than 2 weeks

i dunno, when i hear "its a boring endless grind" i feel like its just people who think they HAVE to level up all skills to 99

not even the achievement capes are that good

Just became member yesterday, I'm overwhelmed with all the new shit available to me but so far I've just been leveling Slayer. Thinking of doing Agility next.

Also, is there a better way to level Prayer? I'm 39 and aiming for 43 but it's so fucking tedious.

I don't know what it's like now but back in 2005-2007 when I played the most the grind was pretty rough, it's only when they added pest control that leveling up combat didn't take forever, I can't speak for the other skills.

Dragon bones and guilded altar. Use the player owned home portal in Rimmington and noted dragon bones as there is a guy that unnotes them for gold.

Alternatively there is necromancy now but I can't speak for it because I am boycotting Zeah due to it creeping into the rest of the game.

I'm not fucking 12 anymore and moved on?

It's not the same now that it's populated solely by nostalgic betas that can't recapture the magic.

You will never be new to a world of wonder, and feel like there's infinite possibilities ever again once you're browsing the fucking wiki and checking optimal money making strats.

There are games for kids, and games for adults. Runescape does not work if you're playing it like an adult.

Is the gilded altar always open?

because rs3 has better /fa/

hi schumi

Just go to the House Party world (World 330) and go to Rimmington portal, you'll see a bunch of people running back and forth between the portal and the unnoting guy. There is usually somebody outside it spamming their house name. Just enter that name into the portal with the go to friend's home option. If nobody is spamming you can just spam "house pls" until somebody gives you one. Then you just use your dragon bones on the altar by selecting use on them (don't bury them you have to select use to give them a white outline then click on the altar) and you will automatically bury them all and get double xp.

I want her to pogo her ass on my face

name?