Bioshock was the best game of the 7th generation

There's no other game that truly defined the PS360 quite like Bioshock 1.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vrJ330NGjCU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Xbone BC when?

The dumbing down of a good early '00s franchise?
A good idea poorly implemented?
More attention to graphical detail than level design?
Lots of money wasted on old songs because muh retro futurism?

System Shock /= Bioshock

Get over it.

>poorly implemented
elaborate.

>level design
The level design was pretty great lad.

how do you dumb down a game that was never on console?

The entire dystopia setting and ideologically charging your factions to do nothing with them except for a couple quotes.
The level design is funneled as fuck.

>defined the PS360
What do you mean?

There was never anything like Bioshock on the PS2 or Xbox.

It really set the new gen consoles apart from their predecessors.

OK. In that case it's GT5 that define the PS3.

Nope

Bioshock 1 came on PS3 years after the fact and was a dumbed down port though.

>Dumbed down copy of a superior game that idiots like because they don't know better or it was their first experience
Sounds right

Melee ran on a Gamecube

Bioshock is something where the gameplay and setting couldn't be done on weaker hardware.

>There was never anything like Bioshock on the PS2 or Xbox.
>simple FPS with powers
>not on PS2 or Xbox

What?

It had better texture quality and extra content.

Nobody is talking about PC games, please leave.

>Bioshock is something where the gameplay and setting couldn't be done on weaker hardware.
How on Earth did you reach that conclusion?

Like almost every modern games. If you remove useless muh graphics a lot of things can run on toaster.

>ignores the tonics
>ignores the big daddies
>ignores the underwater setting
>ignores the amazing opening with the plane crash
>ignores the amazing looking water
>ignores the things that makes Bioshock bioshock

nice try

And? PC games don't exist in some kind of vacuum. Many of the lead developers on Bioshock had previously worked on other, more sophisticated titles they were obviously mimicking.

>There's no other game that truly defined the PS360 quite like Bioshock 1.
Eh. Last gen was literally COD. Nothing else. It was awful.

Bioshock is also pretty fucking shit. Got the remaster recently and regret it immensely so boring.

>muh graphics
>muh setpieces
>muh setting

Bioshock would never work on PS2/Xbox on a gameplay level.

Not with all the turrets, Big Daddies, the security bot AI, huge save files, etc.

Bioshock 2 was better.

Games aren't movies or books, so the most important factor should be the interactive parts

>present arbitrary features that could have easily been implemented in PS2/Xbox games
>defines them impossible to do on PS2/Xbox because they weren't made for PS2/Xbox

So does this mean a game like Shadow of Rome couldn't be done on PS360?

You're forgetting the massive burst in indie gaming, the revival of PC gaming, the popularity of openworld titles, modern streaming and DLC.

Good or bad, last gen wasn't boring.

This isn't a system shock thread. Simple.

>>>/global/rules/2

That's kinda what makes Bioshock Bioshock, my dude.

Nothing you describe is remotely game-like. The best interactive movie, sure. But game? No.

>defined the PS3
>was a multiplat title

lick the dick

It's the same as fallout 3, technically impossible on PS2/Xbox

why are you even arguing this? who fucking cares?

Nice meme my friend, but this isn't a console war thread.

I clearly typed PS360, meaning PS3 and 360.

>Bioshock would never work on PS2/Xbox on a gameplay level.

How so? Nothing you've presented makes anyone think they are impossible on PS2/Xbox.

How is that a meme or an attempt to start a console war? Nothing of the "things that make Bioshock, Bioshock" are related to games.

Stop arguing about this nonsense. Nobody cares.

>It's the same as fallout 3, technically impossible on PS2/Xbox

What? Nobody is talking about BIoshock, or in your case Fallout 3, being released in its final state on PS2/Xbox. That would indeed be impossible. However, a game like either of those can easily be made for those systems and they were gameplay-wise.

>le movie meme

back to Reddít with you.

No reason, there's a remaster collection that just came out unless you're a graphics hipster

No it wouldn't work. Stop trying to push this nonsense.

Ask any of the devs of Bioshock and they would laugh in your face for even thinking this.

Are you implying a game like System Shock 2 wouldn't be possible on the original Xbox?

This isn't a System Shock thread.

This is a Bioshock thread.

I'm saying Bioshock itself wouldn't work on a PS2 or Xbox.

>buying the same game twice.

your argument is flawed because it could

if you're on glorious pc you get it free

prove it then.

You can't.

This entire argument is a waste of time.

That's pretty obvious. You remove inventorys and add gun/power wheels instead of keybinds, add autoaim, and change research from taking effort to just a camera. I'd mention hacking, but bioshocks hacking is a little more involved than LOL GET 3 IN A ROW

bioshock 1 did a fair job of trying to replicate the feel of system shock/2, but the real casualization came with Infinite's shitty 2 guns at a time system and removal of exploration that was replaced with linearity. There was no reason to do either of those two things in infinite and if it weren't for the waifu effect no one would like it as much as they claim to.

I also forgot to mention the removal of leveling up and replacing it with LOL VERSION TWO OR THREE OF THE SAME PLASMID.

>System Shock 2
>System Shock 2
>System Shock 2

There's that compaison again.

SS2 was never on console so this argument is invalid.

Bioshock was a brand new thing to console gamers.

The guy asked about how shit was dumbed down. I explained how the shock games were dumbed down. Lay off the aspergers a little

it could be done on a nintendo 64

nobody cares about your outdated trash PC game

>a simple FPS with powers was a new thing to console gamers

sure buddy

SS2 was never on console so Bioshock wasn't dumbed down, it was a new thing to many people.

SS2 was also a huge flop for a reason.

the gameplay is meh

>gets proven wrong
>lmao fuck off nerd no one cares anyway

Die

you were already btfo earlier in the thread, I suggest you learn from your mistakes

>proven wrong

how? Make a Bioshock port for PS2 and then and only then can you be right in this situation.

Until then you're completely wrong and are just debating hypotheticals.

>this fallicious argument

Holy shit, you can't be this retarded. Whether Bioshock is or isn't possible on PS2 is a hypothetical to begin with since nobody has tried. All anyone can do is hypothesize right now.

Nah, you started the argument that it would be impossible to put Bioshock on the PS2 and have given no actual points to support this, the burden of proof is on you.

I would agree because it was a shitty ripoff of an older game. That really epitomizes this gen and last.

It will without difficulty.

Nice ad-hominem.

I didn't, all I said is that Bioshock defined the 7th gen. Your lack of reading comprehension is really affecting the quality of this board, please leave.

No it wouldn't.

I don't agree with you, but I also don't know of a better game to replace it, CoD maybe?

Actually yeah, that's what I think of that era, generic soldier guy fighting terrorists.

>No it wouldn't.
Impliying it does huge calculation. It's just a basic FPS. It does nothing more than doom.

Invalid argument. SS2 was never on Console.

There's a reason it's called Bioshock and not SS3.

System Shock 2 was getting a Dreamcast port when LGS went under. If the Dreamcast could handle SS2, you bet your ass the Xbox could handle bioshock, albeit with slightly less impressive graphics.

Anyway bioshock is garbage, all three of them. And I'd call the first one the worst since its got absolutely no originality to it. It might as well be a remake.

No, you directly said it would be impossible to put the game on the PS2/Xbox, you retard.

>ad-hominem
>dodging the argument this poorly

>I didn't
>No it wouldn't.

HE
JUST
WONT
STOP

>Console games are incapable of ripping off PC games

so what if bioshock could run or not on weaker hardware? what's the point, you autist fucks?

youtube.com/watch?v=vrJ330NGjCU

And it would be impossible.

This is a Bioshock thread, a game that's actually relevant.

(You)

This thread is about console games. I suggest learning how to read.

You're the one trying to deflect all criticism of how lazy BS is for stealing everything from SS2 with some absurd argument over what consoles BS could function on.

I'm not him retard. Learn how use this fucking website before posting here.

>Bioshock
>Relevant
If SS2 is irrelevant then BS is even more so since its a dead series by a dead developer that steals every positive quality it has from its predecessor while dumbing everything down to a ridiculous degree.

Bioshock is babby's first non-COD/non-Halo FPS. That's literally the only reason it's so well regarded.

People actually have played Bioshock though.

Sorry if this bugs you.

There's a reason your precious little SS2 was a giant flop.

>Bioshock is babby's first non-COD/non-Halo FPS
That makes absolutely no sense.

as usual SS fedora tippers ruin a Bioshock thread with their outdated, irrelevant trash game.

>ruin a terrible thread

Hello, OP, you're thread a shit.

People who were impressed by bioshock were people who were only ever exposed to hitscan weaponry and enemies, linear corridor level design, and recharging health. I can see why someone raised on shitty console fps would be impressed by Bioshock, but that's born of their ignorance, not the game's quality.

I don't even like SS2 that much. I'm just telling you, BS is creatively bankrupt. It's no high water mark for the industry, it's just a bland, boring ripoff of a better game.

Not as shit as SS2.

Bioshock is better in every single way though.

>the best game of the 7th generation is a dumbed down System Shock 2

really makes you ponder

>game created by the same guy
>kept shock in the name to show the gameplay and creative continuity and similarity
>not derived at all from the older game by the same exact creator
Also
>ss2 was a "flop"
92 user review on metacritic, 91 from critics. Fuck off.

>game created by the same guy
Everything good about SS2 (level design, writing, gameplay, music) was done by LGS, not Irrational. Ken Levine isn't talentless but he most certainly is not the "creator" of SS2. Also, flop generally can refer to lack of sales or lack of critical appeal, in this case the guy you're replying to clearly meant the former.

I can see that about what he meant by flop, but hasn't steam or GoG made up for it after the fact? Sure, it might not have been a success in '99 but it definitely is nowadays.