Wow you guys weren't kidding about the great gameplay

Wow you guys weren't kidding about the great gameplay.

I sprinted at a dude, then used super strength to throw him. Then I used super strength to throw a barrel at another dude.

What an amazing experience for that 20 minutes before I got bored and uninstalled.

salty consolebabby

Have a (you) m8

you just described a bunch of shit you can't do in any FPS of the last 5 years.

The only problem with Crysis is the bug on the last boss where you have to go to dx9 on some PCs or it shits itself. So you finish the game on dx9. Loved it though. Playing warhead now.

>warhead
Mein niger.

thx

>you just described a bunch of shit you can't do in any FPS of the last 5 years.
So? Why would you want to? Unless more depth/complexity is added.

The game gives you several ways to tackle a combat situation, one of them being going in guns blazing and super throwing everything and anyone. What are you complaining about?
If you're bored with it then go stealth, or a mix.

>hurr i can't see a reason for people to want to be able to use enviroment in combat

what do you consider as more depth and complexity for a fps game? Could you also give some examples?

>What are you complaining about?
It is boring. The "stealth" too (kek go play a stealth game).

>Unless more depth/complexity is added.

It's pretty hard to for a singleplayer FPS. In multiplayer the challenge comes from outsmartting/beating human opponents but in a game like Crysis...you have limited, simple environmental interactivity and there's no way that can keep an adult entertained for more than a few minutes. The lack of alternatives doesn't mean anything and I don't see why that's a crutch people are attempting to fall back on in this thread.

you lack imagination

>So? Why would you want to? Unless more depth/complexity is added.

because that is the cool kind of shit that makes trailers for games fucking HYPE

like in F.E.A.R where you blow a dudes head off with a shot gun, throw a grenade at a fire extinguisher, slow down time, then shoot the grenade in slo mo with dual pistols and 3 dudes just explode into red. You just have shit taste my friend.

I don't completely disagree.

Crysis is a lot like MGSV, great gameplay fundamentals. But the campaign is just same'y and boring as shit. I actually welcomed the aliens at first.

Don't people worship that crysissy video as an ultimate expression of the sandboxy/interactivity nature of Crysis, and even though it looks cool it is boring as fuck?

Go do what he did. Did it? Good. Game is over. You had your fun for 30 minutes or whatever it is.

>What an amazing experience for that 20 minutes before I got bored and uninstalled.

Every game this gen.

A boring fuck like you would make any game boring. Kill yourself.

yeah i got up to snow level last time, the ayy lmaos had just showed up. I'm more willing to deal with it this time after finishing the first game.

I remember getting pretty far on crysis 2 as well on console, so fucking long ago though. Apparently it's really linear though which is not good because the open world of the first game is one of my major things i love about it; just stalking the cunts until i decide what to do.

>not liking crysis

Cretin.

Go ahead and post the imaginative things you've done in Crysis.

I guarantee it's the same old boring combination of object throwing and sprint-behinding-and-punching we've seen a billion times before.

Someone post that gif of blowing up a helicopter using that explosive attached to a barrel. THAT IS IT THERE'S NOTHING LEFT FOR YOU TO FUCKING DO. THE SAME OLD FUCKING SHIT.

Me and friends used to play hide and go seek with guns on a custom warhead/crysis wars map one of us made, it's pretty fun. Though you gotta ban binoculars since they let you hear whatever you're looking at for whatever reason.

I don't get your point then. Most Singleplayer FPS games offer little to no other mechanics or ways around challenges then just shooting people, maybe shooting people with a cover mechanic, usually in a linear path.
Then in crisis you do the exact same things, but they add the ability to mix it up with some crazy jumps, grabbing and throwing things/enemies, going invisible or becoming more resistant, all of that in a open environment. Because of this it is by default already more complex and with more depth than most fps games out at the time and since then.

The only people who don't like Crysis/Crysis:Warhead are poeple with no imagination. Even the more linear levels are surprisingly open-ended.

>I guarantee it's the same old boring combination of object throwing and sprint-behinding-and-punching we've seen a billion times before.
Mario is the same jump on an enemy's head while platforming bullshit we've seen a billion times before. Doesn't mean it's not fun.

>I don't get your point then.
Because you're an illiterate fucktard.
>Most Singleplayer FPS games
Oh here we go again.

If you play it the same way everytime you're the one making it boring.
Use your head a little. Too much call of duty is fucking with your creativity.

Mario is boring and its only redeeming quality is nostalgia.

>you're the one making it boring.
see:

You could at least put some effort into your shitposting.

>see:

whoops, see:
Yea, definitely shitposting. Better stop wasting your time responding to me now.

The stuff you do in multiplayer FPS games are no diffrerent from singleplayer.

For the most part, yep.

dude what the hell? why so aggresive?
I'm just asking for you to elaborate more on the opinions you came here with the sole purpose of saying. But instead of you go "oh here we go again" instead of actually explaining.
I'm not even saying that crysis is good, I just can't understand what kind of depth and complexity you want if you're complaining about one of the few mainstream games that tried to do something different then just walking forward and shooting.

I already explained in the post you responded to.

1 > warhead

Crysis 2 is definitely more linear. I mean you still get plenty of options, it just loses the chaotic sandboxy nature of the first games. You can still
>stealth (which is completely broken OP by the end)
>snipe
>blow shit up
>use a vehicle
>use a turret
>run in like a retard and shoot everything
So you're never forced to do things a certain way, but it feels very "set-up," the game decided all your options beforehand. Where as in Far Cry and Crysis you could potentially come up with ideas the devs may not have thought of.

Its the same old fucking shit after you done it, like with every other game ever. You just repeat the same actions over and over and over until you finish the game, but in different situations.

It's just a kid throwing shit at anyone that respond to his post. Don't bother, he's not here to defend any point, he's just le epic troll.

test

games are pretty boring desu

Crysis cucks btfo

Sometimes I sniped whole bases from the max range possible, other times I went full ghost, without killing anyone. When I felt like wrecking shit I'd go full guns blazing or stealth + aggression. Vehicles were fun to use too.
In a certain playthrough when going against humans I went unarmed only too.

I just listed at least 5 ways to play a 10 hour game. I'm sure there are people with a lot more fun methods of playing than mine.
You're not even trying to have fun, you're just rushing through the game.

Indeed.

>I just listed at least 5 ways to play a 10 hour game.
And all of them are simplistic and mindless and would only be enjoyable for a kid?

>you have limited, simple environmental interactivity and there's no way that can keep an adult entertained for more than a few minutes.
Alright, I can understand that, but that is extremely subjective. What kind of singleplayer FPS game would you consider as properly interesting and/or complex?

skyrim

>I play first person shooters but I don't actually like shooting games
Ah, merely pretending, am I right?

>see that rock over there
>you can go there

tfw uncomfy crosshair tho

the aliens in crysis 1 were great because they weeded out all the bad players who used stealth mode as a crutch

You can tell that crysis 2 was aimed at complete retards (AKA console owners) because your binocs fucking show you options.

it's sorta crazy how good people are at using red herrings on Cred Forums

>I don't like linear fps
ftfy

I actually meant as a sarcastic comment to him saying its the same thing after you done it once.

crysis 1 and warhead should have have suit shortcuts enabled by default because that option drastically improves the flow of the gameplay

>this is the page banner
it never stops being appropriate

yep captures the behavior of the crysis fanboys perfectly

not even into the whole "hurr durr skyrim is bad" thing but you can't be serious.

>What an amazing experience for that 20 minutes before I got bored and uninstalled.
so... how well does your rig run this game

I haven't been able to get Crysis or Warhead to fucking work on my PC since windows 7.

Wish I could play them again.

~80fps maxed out. OC'd 4690k and 1060.

Classic FPS
>run around in a circle Sanic fast while shooting enemies and wandering around levels spamming E to find secrets
Open shooters or Halo/Far Cry clones
>run around a huge pretty environment in pseudo open-world or true open-world levels while approaching enemies and taking them out in different ways
Story-driven FPS or Half-Life clones
>linear levels, still have weapon variety but are more focused on tactical gameplay and smaller enemy count
Modern shooters
>story-driven, linear levels with minimal weapon variety, filled with QTEs and give the player as little agency as possible

So yeah, I think all FPS have flaws but I'd put Crysis in the 2nd category which is probably my favorite.

>Equip fists
>Run around with super speed punching everyone

The first Crysis is amazing.

You heard it here first, folks: If a game is boring, it's your own fault for not trying your hardest to have fun with it!

You should be making your own fun, you shit idiots.
You shit fucking idiots.

>crysis
>linear

There's a patch to get them running on modern OS's but I think it lowers performance, was getting 70fps with drops on my 980. I might set up a VM or dual-boot of Windows XP or Vista to play older games.

post your top 5

>two slices of bread is the same as two slices of bread with ham, salami, bacon, olives, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomaters with a side order of chips and a cup of coke
You heard it here first folks :^)

mmm yes very tasty
with that rig I suppose you don't have problems running any kind of game?

It won't accept being installed on anything but C: drive, so if you install all your games on a second drive it won't work. Doesn't even give you an error it just doesn't launch.

OP is complaining about the game being repetitive and simple even though Crysis is one of the most open-ended and sandboxy shooters made. It seems like OP just doesn't like FPS as a genre.

>>mfw Crysis looks old graphically.

>not liking benchmark with guns

mfw they still use the third turd of this series to promote GPUs

Congratulations, you're ready to grow out of first person shooters.

Yes, sandboxy means fun. Just look at Skyrim for example.

Oh yeah there's a lot of really open ended space for you to shoot the most cookie cutter guns possible at some koreans or maybe throw a barrel at them or maybe mix it up and throw two barrels and do two shoots, or maybe four shoots and just one barrel, the possibilities are endless.

None that I've tried but I'm sure there are a few that would run like trash.

Did you try progressing the story?

>Throw barrel at dude
>Throw armed artillery shells at TANKS
>Being hunted in the jungle
>Being hunted by an attack helicopter
>Jumping up to the attack helicopter and punching it to death
>Predator-takedown an entire military base
>What the fuck, Aliens?
>Why?
>Oh shit this is kinda cool.
>Dumb final boss
>End.

Maybe you're just retarded and spent twenty minutes throwing barrels at guards like an autistic person because you wanted to find reasons to hate the game instead of playing it. Which is another sign of autism. I don't know.

t. salty cod player

kek back to (You)r 360 quickscoping, faggot

Why do retard keep falling for it?

>>Throw barrel at dude
>Throw armed artillery shells at TANKS
>Being hunted in the jungle
>Being hunted by an attack helicopter
>Jumping up to the attack helicopter and punching it to death
Wow so much depth

It is the second time you use skyrim as a example of for a sandbox fps game. But it is neither a sandbox or a fps game. Open world doesn't mean sandbox and first person doesn't mean First Person Shooter.

explain

Yeah, I love playing games to find reasons to hate them. Basically, when I play any game I just spend twenty or forty minutes in the first area going "GRRR I AM SO ANGRY AND I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH I WONDER HOW I CAN FIND WAYS TO HATE IT MORE GRRR", and then spend twenty minutes hopping around in place, shooting into the air, and throwing barrels at guards. You know, like an autistic person.

Then I come onto the imageboards and complain that there wasn't anything to do in the twenty minutes I spent in the first part of the game throwing barrels at nothing and shooting into the air. But it's the game's fault, really. If it doesn't have a big red "GO HERE" indicator like Cawwadooty, I'm basically lost.

Fuck you man, Crysis has great gameplay

you dislike differing opinions so you brush them off under the guise of them being trolling or simplistic

Im not the same person but the reason I dont like Crysis but love something like Doom is because there is only so much you can do with a realistic, or at least grounded in reality, slow paced, assault rifle hitscan based combat system. You can add all the stuff you listed but it still feels boring as shit to me. The fact is no matter what they add to it, its fundamental to the modern realistic formula that you're gonna be having cover fights because if you try to do anything fun the enemies will spray you with automatic weapons. And there is no way to really balance that, you're going to have to rely on hiding or sneaking around, playing a game of stop and pop with your rifle and that is just so unfun.

I cant stand this kind of combat, its so tired, everything that can be done with it has been done to death. "mixing it up" just doesn't cut it for me. Despite the open level design it feels no more free to me than any other game with a combat system like that such as COD. I see even less difference now more than ever because recently COD has been "mixing it up" too by adding a lot of bullshit little features that ultimately dont add anything to the gameplay at all. Such as crazy jumps, going invisible, larger areas, and sneaking. Combat in both games despite that is nothing more than pointing your hitscan assault rifle until the realistic enemy soldier falls over. And if you're out in the open they will simply spray you down, so you find cover until something regenerates.

Compare that to something like Doom, going a million miles a minute, aiming your projectiles that you almost run as fast as, keeping track of the different enemy types (that go beyond "assault rifle enemy, shotgun enemy, and enemy with more health etc), learning their animations so you know when to start a dodge, then dodging itself when projectiles are everywhere, and naturally learning attack patterns of enemies to dodge more efficiently. Now that is gameplay!

wow i know right, its almost like its a first person shooter or something

where was the deep and meaningful dating sim where i took the koreans out on a date?

>It is the second time you use skyrim as a example of for a sandbox fps game
No, retard. Someone said that Crysis' gameplay isn't simplistic because it's one of the few shooters that is sandboxy. I countered with an example of a sandbox game that many people on Cred Forums consider shallow.

The genre wasn't relevant in that analogy, however:
>but FPS games are different!
Then explain that, because merely saying something is a sandbox says little of the gameplay depth (which amounts to throwing barrels in Crysis btw).

>running up to people, grabbing them and using them as meatshields
>or just throw them off a cliff
>jumping over vehicles
>attaching C4 to vehicles, driving it into a base then jumping out before detonating
>hijacking vehicles and driving them off of cliffs
>punching everyone to death
>rocketing sniper towers
>laying down landmines in front of patrolling tanks
>going in and out of cloak like the predator killing people one by one
How many FPS let you do all that? Plus you forgot niche weapons like the smoke and flash grenades and the sleeping dart.

All you did was make up shit about someone whose opinion you dislike. What's the point.

So you're looking for reasons to hate it, gotcha.

You know, most of the weapons in doom are slow and hitscan as well, right? Crysis and Doom isn't about using the slow and hitscan weapons, it's about the level and enemy design.

>So you're looking for reasons to hate it, gotcha.
We can't counter this brilliant psychoanalysis so stop wasting your time picking on us. Go post in a thread you like.

All you and him both did was complain that you didn't even play 1/16th of the game and that nothing happened in the twenty minutes either of you spent on it.

If you don't even get off the coast and into the mainland portion, what's the point? Neither of you barely even played the game at all yet you feel like making up shit about what amounts to the tutorial area like an autistic person.

I'm sorry that neither of you were born with the proper genetics to focus for more than thirty minutes to actually progress in the game before criticizing it. Next time, just jump in place while shooting at your feet and tell us about how boring it is shooting at your feet if you want to bitch about the first part of the first act of the first half of the game.

>We can't counter this brilliant psychoanalysis so stop wasting your time picking on us

No, because OP is the equivalent of a little kid getting a quarter of the way through E1M1, finding none of the secrets, and going "dude, is this all? its just shooting some ugly fucking monsters with your hitscan pistol. i can play cawwa dooty and be fightin' a tank right about now."

Of course, that kid, and OP would both be wrong. They barely stepped into the game and likely missed most of the fun things like the C4 and the Rocket Launcher, but felt the need to complain about how it's just army men throwing shit around anyway.

If someone said "Doom sucks, i played the first three levels and they were trash". you would rightfully call them an idiot. Just like Op is an idiot, but I would say that he didn't even finish the first three levels of Crysis. Maybe the first two.

I actually played the game for many hours and have seen many examples of the "fun" gameplay others in this thread are talking about.

Rest of your post is the same old brilliant psychoanalysis you've posted before. Incredible stuff, thanks for sharing.

>fun things like the C4 and the Rocket Launcher
I laughed.

>I actually played the game for many hours

Tell us, then. Give us a breakdown of what exactly you didn't like.

Throwing barrels at shit isn't really an excuse considering that you quit fighting ordinary koreans 1/3rd of the way through the game. Try throwing a barrel at a nanosuit soldier and watch what happens (hint: he grabs it and throws it the fuck back)

No, I dont like it and am articulating the reasons I already thought of. I dont hate it, I just find it boring. I dont even see how you can come to that conclusion unless the thread just made you defensive lol. Doom starts out slow with the shotgun but in the second half when the demons are tougher and enviornments bigger the plasma gun and rocket launcher do become a lot more prevalent. And im not blind to the fact that hitscan weapons exist in Doom, I didnt say they didnt, pointing that out doesn't take away from anything I said. There is hitscan combat but for example, with the shotgunner its based on shooting him before he finishes his animation to spot you and fire, its timed in such a way that your shotgun can always beat that timer if you know what you're doing. Because of that running fast and being accurate is the most efficient way to beat them.
Unlike in Crysis where you pop out of cover and die because its a modern realistic shooter. I know youll probably tell me to sneak, activate armor, whatever the fuck. I've beaten Crysis, im just trying to make a point here. It feels to me like nothing more than the same gameplay the most popular games have been regurgitating for years now with nothing more to add that a few mix ups, like you said, and thats cool for most people but I just feel like the gameplay is still dull despite that. Of course when I played Crysis and when it was new the gameplay wasn't nearly as tired, but thats just how I feel now.

>fun things like the C4 and the Rocket Launcher
>I laughed.

LOL! SO FUNNY! Little shit looking for reasons to hate a game! Lel!
Here's a question: If you're predetermined to hate a game because of what boils down to petty and insignificant reasons, then why make this thread?

People piss on this game out of spite over the fact that their shitbox potato computers couldn't run this game in 2007.

Now finally their welfare checks allow them to buy a $400 computer that can run it 10 years later and they think they're clever by saying the game was bad anyway.

Your average Cyrsis hater

warhead has much better pacing

I mean, I beat the game in 2007 before the epic "c4 on a barrel is the best game" fad and presumably before you even shot out of your dad's dick so alright. There isn't much else to argue for given the game's just a sub-par military FPS if you're not focused ENTIRELY on the few functions of the nanosuit and being able to gravity gun barrels and koreans with your hands.

>it's about the enemy and level design
So, by your own admission, Crysis is a load of shit?
Oh boy, guys with hitscan military guns in run-down realistic town with an uninteresting layout.
Oh boy, guys with hitscan military guns and also vehicle with hitscan military gun in empty field.
Oh boy, guys with hitscan military guns in forest with no defining features outside of being a forest.
Oh boy, tank fight in another flat field this is what real great level design is about, just flat empty space with enemies in it, and the hitscan miltary gun guys take a lot of damage to kill at the end of this one and hitscan even harder, so much variety.

>Unlike in Crysis where you pop out of cover and die because its a modern realistic shooter.
And just like that, all your credibility is taken away. You don't hate it because it's boring. You hate it because you suck at it, and you've never taken the time to get better. You just plink at shit from behind cover, never using any of your powers, and you find that boring because you didn't even try to play the game creatively. Your description reminds me of someone trying to play Deus Ex for the first time as a big cool marine guy and instantly dying to the first terrorist.

> It feels to me like nothing more than the same gameplay the most popular games have been regurgitating for years now with nothing more to add that a few mix ups, like you said, and thats cool for most people but I just feel like the gameplay is still dull despite that.

It's almost like you're given a suit or something, that gives you powers. Powers to mix the gameplay up yourself. Like maybe approaching the same encounter with different tactics.
You know
Using the suit
The suit that you have
The suit that has more functions than just "Speed" and "Armor".

>Little shit looking for reasons to hate a game!
You've gotta accept that some people don't like the same things that you do.

>If you're predetermined
If you truly believed that you'd have no reason to post in this thread.

>Give us a breakdown of what exactly you didn't like.
I already did.

>Try throwing a barrel at a nanosuit soldier and watch what happens
Didn't get to this part. Are there any actually fun things that happen (someone throwing a barrel back at you isn't fun)?

Doom is literally just running around shooting enemies, it doesn't have nearly as much depth as you think it does.
>but muh exploration and secrtes!
Which you find by autistically spamming the Use button at walls. Hell, even Far Cry and Crysis have exploration as well. You can find secret objectives, secret weapon caches, and alternative ways to attck the enemy camp of go around it entirely. The games reward you for going off the beaten path, the only difference is they are more open as opposed to the corridors of 2.5d shooters.
>that go beyond "assault rifle enemy, shotgun enemy, and enemy with more health etc
But that's basically how old shooters like Doom worked as well. You have shotguns, chainguns, projectiles, rockets and in the case of lost souls, projectiles that fly at you that you have to shoot. It's literally no different than any other shooter, espeically Crysis where you have to worry about standard weapons, snipers, rockets and the many different types of alien attacks as well.

>You've gotta accept that some people don't like the same things that you do.
Yes, but you haven't given a valid reason to hate it, at all. The only reason you've given are shitty little tactics that only work in the first part of the game.

TRY throwing a C4 barrel at an alien. Just try. They jump right over it. They strafe around explosions.

>So, by your own admission, DOOM is a load of shit?

Works both ways, fuccboi.

Oh boy, there's this guy in a corridor, better shoot him with my rocket.
Oh boy there's this guy on a ledge, better shoot him with a rocket
Oh boy, there's a guy around this corner, better use my shotgun
Oh boy, there's a keycard, better find the door

etc. etc.

Every game sounds like shit when you go out of your way to find reasons to hate it.
Also, again, everything you described existed in maybe the first half of the game.

I absolutely ADORE that none of you shits in this thread are even mentioning the alien fights. Alien fights having problems of their own, but are at least something that you have to get halfway through the game in order to experience.

Which describes most of the slack-jawed cousinfuckers in this thread: "HURR IT SUCKS, I DIDN'T EVEN GET OFF THE BEACH. DURR".

>Yes, but you haven't given a valid reason to hate it, at all.
Some people just don't like the same things that you do. You like chocolate and others like vanilla.

>TRY throwing a C4 barrel at an alien. Just try. They jump right over it. They strafe around explosions.
Yawn.

>Didn't get to this part.

YEAH
I KNOW YOU DIDN'T

You didn't, the other idiot comparing it to Doom didn't, most of the people in this thread did not get to that part.

You should really reinstall the game and try playing it this time.

>People don't like the same things you do

>When presented with a tactic you clearly didn't consider, you yawn.

I doubt you even got to the aliens, fuccboi.

Nope, already played it for a few hours and it was boring, and nothing you've described is fun. No need to reinstall.

>I doubt you even got to the aliens, fuccboi.
I didn't. Am I supposed to keep playing a game after several hours of boredom?

Except you can't make the comparison, because the layout of every level in Doom is tightly packed, central to the gameplay and literally the #1 focus of the game during development was to make well designed levels while Crysis takes the realistic "Yeah just make a forest, that's real isn't it? And space all the key areas out with all this forest and road, and make sure you make the town and camp layouts boring and realistic ok" route for level design.

Aliens were the one part I liked because they were actually in your face enough that you had to use the suit functions more actively where the Koreans were programmed to treat you like you were playing the game as a slow-paced tactical shooter even if you were doing fucking backflips over them, but most of the "Crysis am epic lamayo" faggots think the start of the mothership bit isn't even worth playing beyond so I figured it wouldn't be worth mentioning since you're legitimately the first person from the "Crysis is a good game" camp that I've heard acknowledge the aliens existing at all without immediately following it up with "Yeah the game shouldn't have had those they sucked".

>Some people just don't like the same things that you do. You like chocolate and others like vanilla.
Except your reasoning is pretty bad. You're being reductive with Crysis while completely ignoring that the same criticisms could easily be applied to Doom. I mean, it's basically just a corridor shooter with some projectile enemies and some hitscan enemies, and you wander around looking for keycards. How is that "depth?"

>while completely ignoring that the same criticisms could easily be applied to Doom.
No I'm not. I don't give a fuck about Doom.

I dont hate the game and I completed it already, you have no room to tell me what I do and dont like. I am trying to discuss game mechanics, not bicker. And since all you're interested in is taking what I say and trying your absolute hardest to turn it into an argument for no reason, im done with this conversation. And that's exactly what you're doing, I never said I hate the game but your narrative doesn't work unless I do. So im assuming thats why you keep saying over and over that I hate it. Either that or you seriously cant tell the difference between a rant and criticism.

My entire point in that post was I disagree with what you're saying so im basically just going to reiterate because I still do, I dont find you saying "its literally no different than any other shooter" to be very convincing.
Im talking about the actual mechanics behind each weapon and enemy, their effect on each other, the way you go about finding ammo for them. Firing a rocket in Doom is very different than firing a rocket in Crysis. Getting rocket ammo is also very different and means different things to each game. If you analyze why that is its revealing of what I was talking about.
They very fact that the same fundamental ideas of first person shooting are present doesn't make them the same, it just means they're shooters.
Managing a few cacodemons, well placed Mancu(bi?), and the tracking fireball of Revenants, is an immensly more engaging combat challenge than attacking a jungle military base, even if I have the option to use traps or be sneaky it is just dull to me. Its obviously a preference thing, I came into the thread to share that, not to argue about why my taste is superior. A lot of that also comes from me being bored by things trying to be realistic, I love sci fi, basically everything Doom takes influence from I like. So thats an obvious bias, but I still like the gameplay a lot more.

Then what exactly is a deep game? Im not the same user but its clear whoever brings up what is going to get a response trivializing the gameplay. Is the only way to win here to say fucking Dwarf Fortress? Its such a dumb argument.

yeah thats how i remember it

It's okay OP, I was able to run the game when it first came out and I still thought it was boring too. At least it looks nice.

Don't get too upset with him user. He can't help his autism.

Yeah, Doom is totally a corridor shooter. This shit right here? Whoo boy, it really can't compare to a few shacks with a rectangular layout stuck in a wilderness next to a road. That kind of level design is just too original and creative for poor old Doom.

lol i played crysis 1 on my pc 2 weeks ago just fine on win10, but game was so boring and buggy that i had to close it after i got stuck inside pier

>Whoo boy, it really can't compare to a few shacks with a rectangular layout stuck in a wilderness next to a road
This is kinda sad because it just proves you've never played the game. Playing Crysis while walking on the main paths straight into the base is like playing Doom without looking for any secrets. But yeah, I still think most Doom levels are pretty boring, and most Doom 2 levels are outright bad. The only good thing about Doom is the speed and weaposn.

Yea I feel like when people spend so much time here they just get into auto pilot passive aggressive asshole mode.

Another user here, but I'd say that the best thing about Doom 2 is the near-infinite number of free, usermade .wads. Like seriously, pick a theme and there's a Doom .wad about that.

console fags still salty about this game? you know even a laptop can play it?

But my PC runs the game well...

I bought the game for $60 in 2007 when I was a teenager and $60 was a big deal, I tried to scrape every bit of value that I could out of the game on my geforce 7900 system. What's the amazing, off the path shit you're talking about? Name something specific. Everything I found was run down shacks, farmland, towns and military bases with the same few koreans, jeeps, trucks and nanosuit soldiers in them with the occasional helicopter and tank that were majorly stuck to key areas. The most interesting parts of the game were the bit where you're sabotaging AA guns, the level where you follow the train track and the big strip-mine area and those all still had really basic layouts.

Crysis has terrible gunplay. The weapons feel floaty, you feel floaty, they sound like BB guns, have poor range, low damage, but can kill in one headshops so it doesn't make the game hard, it just makes the guns feel wimpy.

Tactics aren't needed, even on highest difficulty, but you can still pick things up and throw them. I don't know why you would, one shot kills instantly. Speed lasts so long that you can easily skip battles entirely, but it last so short that you can't comfortably cover long, empty distances. The stealth suit is a neat gimmick, but just like the power suit, it only extends playtime on enemies that are already very easy to kill. The aliens are fucking stupid and should never have been in the game. Throwing chickens and turtles is fun. It was basically a tech demo or a sandbox to show off the engine's capabilities. They built an FPS around it, but it's not a good one. Even worse than Halo.

>It was basically a tech demo or a sandbox to show off the engine's capabilities.
This has been an argument since at least late 2007. This whole thread reeks of newfaggotry.

Oh man are you kidding me.

No wonder.

I guess you could say

Crysis isn't into the D:

;)

Wow, so you're a fucking retard.

Everything I thought but could never explain about Crysis