How would you feel if Nintendo remade Mario 64 for the NX?

How would you feel if Nintendo remade Mario 64 for the NX?

With new graphics built from the ground up, new levels in old lands, new lands to visit, new enemies and players to use. The ability to ride Yoshi etc.

What would you like to see in such a game?

There is a rumor somewhere about New Super Mario 64
wouldnt put it past them

More color and life than that shitty DS remake

Nintendo is not going to do that

Very exploitable bugs.

Why not make a new game and add Mario 64 Remake?

I wish to see speed building for twelve hours.

nintendo isnt smart enough to do that. they only make garbage like amiibos and new super mario bros rehash with 10 year old assets.

>new levels in old lands, new lands to visit, new enemies and players to use. The ability to ride Yoshi etc.

If you're gonna add so many features, might as well make a new game, don't you think?

Actually, the assets are all new.
But they're so fucking generic you would never guess.
Nintendo plastified mario.

Just make the physics near-identical to the original & I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

>With new graphics built from the ground up, new levels in old lands, new lands to visit, new enemies and players to use. The ability to ride Yoshi etc.

Sounds more like a Super Mario 64 2 than a remake

""""""""remake""""""""

I used to think it just added new playable characters that were cosmetic

and they ended up just botching it

>there wont be a sunshine remake/sunshine 2

for the 64 remake i would like to see parallel universes]/spoiler]

why do that instead of making a new game? for fuck's sake. i understand you're attached to it from your childhood but have some sense

Because you can do both.

If you're adding all that other stuff, it'd be better off being a new game. I'll admit I would like to see another game with the same game design sensibilities, but there shouldn't be more than a handful of throwback levels.

I'd rather they just make a different game, but it can be similar gameplay wise to SM64. Not a straight up remake though

Why does Cred Forums have a hateboner for revisiting classic games and adding on to them.

It wouldn't stop new games from being, but not every game has to be new.

Its the same illogical cry as "No more Mario, make original characters for every game!"

There is no point.

Indifferent. Nintendo obliterated most of the trust consumers had for them when they made the Wii, and then they made another one.
Besides, fuck rehashes. Make new games or piss off.

What is the point of making a new game that is so similar to an already existing game that you might as well be playing the original?

I want a new game that plays like Super Mario 64, not another fucking remake.

That game was good. If you don't like the changes, just play the original. It's not like the DS one has better graphics anyway.

>New Super Mario 64
>New
>Super Mario 64

The least thing I want is another game from "New" series, let alone fucking up the best Mario game ever.

What is the point of calling your game a remake if it's so drastically different from the original?

You don't want a sequel, you don't want a remake.

You just want a game that superficially resembles Mario 64??

What is the point.

Because the core of the game is the same? It's still Mario 64, just with added new stuff.

What's the point of playing a slightly improved version of the same ten levels when you can be playing all-new content?

>Super Mario 64
>Best Mario game ever

It's not even the best 3D one

I definitely want a Super Mario 64 2.

By "New" I mean New Super Mario Bros/Mario 3D Land/Word games. I don't a game like these anymore, they're souless, repetitive and easy as fuck.

Pretty much Mario 64 with a better camera and more levels. Keep the game broken on porpuse so people can discover bullshit exploits and actually make the game idea for speed running.

I don't even speed run, but SM64 is probably my favorite part of AGDQ.

No more remakes. Enough.

Did I say that? No, I said it would just be similar in gameplay. Otherwise the story, levels, music, graphics, etc would all be new. Basically a direct our spiritual sequel to SM64, not a remake of the same game.

>What would you like to see in such a game?
Daisy, Wario, Waluigi and DINOSAURS

I've thought about this user, but Mario 64 is not just one of my personal favorite games, it's one of the objective best games of all time and nearly perfect the way it is.

If they remade this game, extreme care and love would be need to be poured into the project: Reusing the old Mario art style, bringing back the old buttery-smooth movement and physics, making sure that all of the animations in the game remain as lively and cartoonish, remodelling Bowser to match his old appearance, etc. Nintendo wouldn't go that far, they'd take the easy and cheap route of sterilizing the game in the style of NSMB/3D World and potentially butchering the mechanics or adding unnecessary handholds to the levels.

No. Fuck remakes. Stop the fucking remasters and shit. Make a new one or get fucked.

You know some people want to play updated versions of old games with a bunch of new stuff tacted onto it.

It's not that difficult of a concept to grasp, even if you guys hate replaying remakes.

Why can't we just have a good remake -and- a good new game?

What, like Rex?

Is this the hot new Cred Forums meme?

Nope.
They would fix the speed of his jump and momentum overall like with the new marios.
I'm certain it wouldn't have that eerie atmosphere anymore as well, and those 2 are the best things from SM64

My companion of African descent.

Isn't model replacement already possible in SM64 hacking?

We could remake the old models while keeping the same style.

Only if they don't add anything from the series that was introduced past '96, and if they don't modernize Mario, Bowser, the enemies, Peach, or Yoshi. Then It'd be cool as fuck.

Cred Forums is just retarded about remakes because they're retarded about game design in general - since they got all their ideas from Jimquisition and Zero Punctuation.

They'd probably remove parallel universes and the cloning mechanic, it would be a downgrade.

>Jimquisition and Zero Punctuation.

This is unironically the worst thing about Cred Forums. Most people here decry "game journalism" but I just know they hang on every word of these two massive hacks.

>Jimquisition and Zero Punctuation.
Never heard of these faggots, remakes are still cancer.

It's by far my favourite video game, so I'm up for anything new relating to it - as long as it doesn't end up being another NSMB.

How about a SMM-like level creator for it with an online level exchange?

nintendo has said they like to leave bugs in the game if they don't harm the game

Dude, SM64DS was the direct predecessor of all this empty samey "new" shit. If they remake 64 again, this time they should leave the designs, sound direction, and atmosphete intact. Make it a time capsule, have the goombas look like they do in the painting, have Bowser, Mario, and Peach look like they do in old artwork, leave the snowmen the same, just render it a lot better and fully implement all those unrealized courses they couldn't fit in. Make it "what if Mario 64 as it was could have had modern graphical quality, a lot more courses, a bigger castle, and multiplayer"

No more half-jump?
No more parallel universes?

I want a Sunshine 2

Why are people so desperate for games they missed because they weren't born when it got released?

How would multiplayer work in Mario 64?

I'm not one of those people, but the way I see it:
1. Hard to get game and probably plays like shit on an emulator.
2. They want to see their beloved game with current gen graphics.
3. It's a dead franchise and the last chance of revival is to remake the most popular game.
4. They're dumb and just want to consume.

>Baiting this hard

I'd like a "new" game like Sunshine or Galaxy but with 64's "get stars in any order you want" thing.

No idea, but there is a mod for that.