Tfw you fell for the rx480 meme

>tfw you fell for the rx480 meme

just kill me now

>tfw nvidia dx12 performance is such dogshit that their cards only run well on antiquated api's such as dx11

enjoy your dx11 gimping by the end of the year ;^

>Buying AMD
>Ever

because dx12 performance is sooo good right?

fuck this faggy earth

yea, w-well, is it running on vulkan?

>vulkan
>ever going anywhere

man, just another meme like mantle and dx12...

>implying Vulkan isn't DoA
>"I-it's over Micro$oft, DirectX's monopoly is f-finished!"
>"T-the year of the Linux desktop has arrived!"

Quantum Break is a rubbish game

not DX12's fault it runs like trash its their meme engine with stupid lighting model.

Forza Apex and Horizion 3 run at 60-100fps+ for me on a 390x

What, is 80FPS not enough for you now?

>same price
>35 fps behind

you decide

/thread
/thread
/thread

>one of my friends wanted to upgrade his video card recently
>nigger friend constantly worshiping the 480 and telling him to get it
>I convince him to hold off and wait to see how it goes
>480 turns out to be overrated shit (surprise)
>friend buys a 1070
>happy as fuck with it
everything went better than expected

>Horizion 3 run at 60-100fps+ for me on a 390x

and drops to 30, don't lie to me user fag

>nvidia gets 4000fps
>amd gets 3965fps
wooooow amd is fucking garbage

Quantum break engine is apparently rather terrible.
Personally I'm more excited for Vulkan stuff than DX12 stuff.

But yeah I'll probably buy a 1060.

>People actually want the DirectX monopoly
>They want to be forced to upgrade to Windows X just to play videogames in the future.

>i want to play games at shit framerates on an OS that has been shown time and time again to be garbage for gaming

keep memeing it up memefriend

Vulkan when done properly, see Doom 2016, holds immense promise.

DX12's current implementation is absolute trash, and so far doesn't seem to take advantage of the hardware's actual ability meaningfully. The fact that there's negligible performance difference between DX11 and DX12 on the R9 480X in Quantum Break is proof of this.

In comparison, OGL 4.5 on the 480X @ 1080p maxed out, in Doom gets around 75-80fps average. Vulkan boosts that to 105-110fps average, and Vulkan + Async Compute boosts that additionally to around 130-140fps average.

That said if only iD and CroTeam end up using Vulkan, with no other triple-A developer bothering to do it; then it will die a quiet death like OGL did when it came to game development and DX12+ will be the defacto standard.

>moving goal posts this hard

bitch, its nearly a 50% increase in performance for nearly the exact same price

sorry not everyone is amd "console class performance" master race and only plays at 30fps or 60fps... 120fps is the new bare minimum for pc gaming, with 144fps+ being the ideal

vulkan is DOA

Its really sad that Vulkan isn't as popular as it should be.

Just look at how well Doom is performing. Fuck this industry.

It's because as much as Cred Forumstards shill Linux and Vulkan literally no one cares. Linux still has a dramatically low market share of gaming than Windows, still has lower performance for the same hardware, and still has less access to games unless you, well, install fucking Windows in a VM. No one gives a shit about Linux except people who actually need it for shit like servers and embedded devices. there needs to be competition but it's not going to come from Linux, there needs to be a proprietary alternative that's not as shit as Apple. It's the same with AMD. People want Intel and Nvidia to have competition but at the same time AMD consistently makes blunders that make people not want to buy their hardware.

While that user was being silly;
>50%
Not at all. Unless you misread something.

On a side note, while laptop gpu and desktop gpu aren't the sam, the 460 is an okay card if you can't afford better.
Quake Champions doens't even run in id6, so no Vulkan there either. Fuck.

>not 50% better
let me break this down for you real simple like
>480 runs at 80 fps
>1060 runs at 115fps
>50% of 80 is 40
>80 + 40 = 120
>120 is very close to 115

Not that user. 43.75%
You might not agree with his definition of nearly, but I disagree with your definition of not at all.

I blame sleep deprivation. Goddamnnit.

Uninstall the nvidia geforce experience thing so it doesn't auto-update. You'll be fine.

dx12, just like w10, is complete trash, there's barely any improvement in anything and manages to sometimes even be worse.

Holy fuck
I thought was just Cred Forums that was this cancer.
The 480 beats the 1060 in some cases some random screenshot is hardly conclusive. They are prettt close in most cases. That is why AMD prices it where they do. Pretty much every gpu (exception being titans) is priced at about their performance level. So no gpu really is the wrong choice. Additionally Nvidea AMD are both big companies with many different carda on many different architectures, it's silly to compare two products and then hold the company responsible based on the results.
Wanna do this same test with a 290x vs a 780?

Honestly I don't think its DX12's fault entirely. It always takes some time for developers to squeeze the potential out of new things. How long it took 360 games to look good compare to the end of the generation. There is fault in the developers for not even trying to implement the systems properly,

>80 frames per second

>bad

In a couple years when older video card support is not a necessary feature, they can implement new feature sets DX12 will be good.
Atm Dev's can't really into dx12 either. So once it's the norm, performance will be much better.
As for W10, eventually people will stop falling for memes and just start using it.

>any improvement in anything and manages to sometimes even be worse.
Remedy's implementation was just flat-out broken, I don't know how you could blame the API for that.

>Not at all. Unless you misread something.

uh, 115 / 80 = 1.43

amd fags cant into basic math at all apparently, the 1060 is 43% faster in quantum break over the 480 for the same price

43% is close to 50% you dumbass

Jokes on you nigger. I still use HD7870.

Kys

>tfw game at 1920x1200 and am fine with 60fps
>everything better than the 970 is good enough

Feels bretty gud man.

>he doesnt own a 120hz+ monitor
>thinks a card being 50% slower than another card for the same price is somehow acceptable as well

what a poorfag brandfag

>paying the same price for an objectively worse product
>acceptable

I'm going to buy a 1060 as I said. And people already corrected me more than 15 mins before your post.

it's other way around in dx12 version

Let me guess. Only one card is using game ready drivers?
I also discard every benchmark that isn't done over a series of MANY games that mesaures framerate over time, with mon/max and Frametimes. Preferably FCat.
But please Jensen, keep getting your marketing team to post here.

why are memers pretending the 480 and the 1060 are even the same pricepoint?

>Using the worst game to come out this year for pc as a shitpost about GPU cards

If i was new here i would tell you guys are trolling, but you are actually pretty fucking retarded.

>Nvidia not overpriced

Sure AMD is still doing it wrong, but at least you get good performance for the price, and real MSRP.

Nvidia's fanbase also buying $50 120mm fans, $300 headphones and RGB products. "it's pricey it MUST be good" should just buy a mac and stop ruining pc.

You have to be either an absolute idiot or a woman to buy amd.

Yeah the amd one is game ready, the nvidia one is not

Except you don't even get the advertised performance. People are complaining that aftermarket 470's and 480's are thermal throttling, even different brands. You have to manually adjust the fan curve for them to even hit the advertised clock speed. Good luck overclocking something that's already about to melt. AMD had so much hype for the 480 and it turned out to be a complete disaster for them. Top lel at everyone who said it would just be the reference card 480's that had heat and power issues.

>didn't buy a $300 Fury
>Didn't buy a $350 980ti

kill yourself dumbass
480/1060 don't even beat out the middle end cards from last gen. You had this knowledge at your fingertips but you ignored it

as an AMD fan, this isn't how it works

if you look at raw compute numbers, AMD cards fall way behind their projected performance in general use. For instance, the 290x has almost as many TFLOPs as a 980ti but performs much, much worse 99% of the time. Then dx12 comes along and AMD can almost catch up

Well shit, why didn't you tell him to get two 1080's instead? That would've shown those amdrones!

Why would you ever buy AMD at the same price as Nvidia? AMD is a budget card. I'm not surprised that Nvidia cards would perform better than AMD at the same price point.

>the OS sucks for gaming
no it doesn't, the drivers and API do
>Dx11 performs better than opengl
no fucking shit

Vulkan evens that out though. It's Opengl++. OS doesn't matter; if DOOM got a linux release with the same implementation of Vulkan it has on windows, it'd perform the same

the nvidia drivers for this game aren't even out yet. the game has only been out for like 10 hours or so. this just means nvidia performance will get even better in a day or so.

>I'm not surprised that Nvidia cards would perform better than AMD at the same price point.
you should be, because AMD has had them beat for 4 years in a row until now

DX12 was a mistake.
The vast majority of DX12 games either run like shit regardless or see barely any performance boosts.

>dx11
>trusting any 480 benchmarks that dont show the card setup

undervolting it gives pretty big gains but all these fucktard sites overvolt it causing instability no matter what cooling you put on.

480/1060 are literally 980 tier tho, what you want senpai?

So how would the Steam DX12 version run?

>W10 store

Everyone knows that shit is cancer.

Probably the same, Remedy couldn't into DX12 on this game.

>120fps
autistic shit right here.

It doesn't exist.

rofl

Shill harder

>are literally 980 tier tho,
both are worse, and all three worse than a 290x

regardless of prices, here's a performance chart

1080>980ti>=1070>Fury X>Fury>390x>980>1060>RX480>290>970

you mean

1060=fury=980>x

It's not shilling if it's true. Nvidia costs more but it usually works out of the box, with AMD it's cheaper but you have to configure it to get the optimal performance without melting your computer.

The sapphire 470 didn't thermal throttle, did it? I can't remember where I heard that

if you had a 980 or higher, there's no reason to upgrade whatsoever.
PC doesn't have that many new, graphically hardcore games.

it seems like they can develop cards faster than the gaming industry can pump out games to even utilize the cards.

>Bought a 1060 for $230
>Sold my 390 for $250

What would happen if i turned that FPS up high?

Heh, losers get on my level. I'm watching a very slow slideshow with my badboy Radeon HD5450, on. every. game.

B-but muh async

>owning a 120hz monitor
>and pairing it with a fucking mid range card
Bait.

Or you know that game doesn't properly use it at all because it's an unoptimized piece of shit that isn't even good regardless.

Found the amd faggot.

>he doesn't have an 144hz monitor
>2011+5

lmao what, get a console faggot.

>stays above 60

So?