Is it any good Cred Forums?
looks like it could be pretty fun

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Shotgun
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Uriel_Ventris
youtube.com/watch?v=ZsDMOVkCWKc
youtube.com/watch?v=_EbNGSFSxGY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's alright. Bit corridor, annoying to be forced into shooting only sections. Happy enough I played it, but sad times when i had to drop the hammer.

Ending is gay.

mmkay I guess I'll just wait till its dirt cheap on steam. thanks user.

Probably get it for $5 in any fo the steam sales these days I guess.

It's a good game on its own, but you'll get ALOT more enjoyment out of it if you know shit about 40k.

It's worth fo VA alone. Very comfy. Great entry level 40k game

oh shit is 7.50 right now THE TIME IS HERE

It's decent on its own, but a lot better if you're into 40K or at least find the lore enjoyable.

really generic fps held up by the setting

only buy it cheap as chips and its still not even that great

I enjoyed it. It wasn't anything spectacular but it was fun and a solid 40k game. I'd say definitely worth it for $10 or less.

>Peer-to-Peer Multiplayer
>Faggots known to use macros to employ impossible tricks and movements in multiplayer
>Dead Multiplayer in general
>Achievo Hunters an Hero
>DLCs are dead

The game is great.

It's a fun ride, but it has some noticeable flaws.

Biggest of them being a lack of enemy variety and a quicktime event final boss.

its okay. if you play the demo youve essentially played all their is worth playing

i played it entirely with melee when possible on hardest mode so i'd get the most out of the neat hp system. was nice until final boss forced me to shoot stuff.

It's shit. Go pirate some good game and play it instead. I recommend Freespace 2.

It's good, really captures the "super human soldier from the grimdark future" thing as you slaughter literally thousands of green skins through the campaign. It plays like a cover-less Gears of War with executions being the only way to restore your health forcing you to balance ranged and melee combat.
I got the base game for 2 bucks, the multiplayer was fun but it's probably completely dead by this point so I believe DLC is not needed.

Anyone see the newest Deathwing trailer? The weapons look really god damn satisfying, also OP Space Marine is really fucking good, I don't know if the multi is still active though, but if it is it's worth it.

Solid one playthrough definitely, worth a download or a cheap buy

They get the setting well

>fps
you mean tps

Would have been better as an FPS if you ask me

Looks amazing.
>tfw been waiting for deathwing since 2014

I think it's shit they haven't released a full length trailer, makes me err on the side of caution.

So we all agree Captain Titus is actually an Alpha Legion sleeper agent right?

t. Leandros

Where is Cato Sicarius anyway?
Isn't he the captain of the Ultra smurfs?

what about today's trailer? that was really meaty on gameplay footage

Was good at the time. Funny I was talking to my friend on the phone today and I mentioned death wing and this came up. I loved space marine.

Alternate universe, Titus is 2nd Company Captain who somehow got sold down the river by a "new recruit" who somehow made it into a Veteran comapany

Year isn't stated. Sicarius must have gotten the job after someone.
You know someone who left the chapter disgraced and who's name was permanently ereased from records.

Call me too cautious but I'd like to see an actual level from beginning to end or at least ten minutes of gameplay, I still have PTSD from Aliens Colonial Marines, two minutes doesn't cut it for me. I also wish they'd release a real release date since we're so close to November. There's just a couple little things they haven't done that makes me worried.

Assault Pack sections were pure loyalty, ten golden skulls out of ten.

Other sections were 6/10. Better than other generic third person shooters (in large part thanks to the lack of the now-ubiquitous cover system), but nothing special on the whole. Until you modded the game to give you a Storm Bolter.

Was there a decent mod community to Space Marine?

Only a few dedicated modders. On the whole the modding scene died pretty fast.

One of the few games that did female character right.
She didn't even pull any gender card, didn't try to be the smart ass beautiful badass or wore revealing armor; she's just another soldier struggling to survive the horde of orcs.

Do Space Marines have shotguns? I don't think I've ever seen a shotgun in any of the video games

Didn't this game win or at least contend to some feminist award? Quite the achievement considering how it is in no way SJW shit.

Did anyone else really like the story? I know it was simple but it was done really well.

Scouts do. They have been featured with them in Dawn of War 2
There are also shotgun stats for Deathwatch.
I suppose with power armor and melee weapons shotguns become more or less moot.
Gameplay wise space marine uses melta gun as makeshift shotgun.
Deathwing also is going to have storm bolters loaded with shotgun rounds.

Yes, SM Scouts use them.

A full fledged space marine's bare hands are more dangerous in close combat than a shotgun

In Space Marine the Melta gun is basically a shotgun

She relied on big strong MALE marines to sVe her. Fucking scum

Huh, with all the oversized and ridiculous weapons in 40K I figured there must be some super ultra shotgun that fires like 100 pellets that explode or something.

Oh well, I guess the Melta gun is cool too

It's the best third person shooter short of Resident Evil 4, I highly recommend it.

Space Marines can also spit acid at close range, right?
I've never seen anyone use it, not even character like Titus who never wear a helmet.
Maybe it's a thing traitor chapters like to use more?

the kommando in dawn fo war 2 can load a big payload into his shotty

an ork probably made something that you have in mind

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Shotgun

Often used in spacecraft corridors, where a close-range weapon is more dangerous on would-be assailants.

It's more like devs and writers forget or skip on it.
Deathwatch book however suggests that while it has combat use it's actually intended as way of burning through locks, ancient rust etc.
There was even an example of marine using it to escape cell by chewing on the bars.

What do space marines pee and poo?

They don't. Everything is excreted through perspiration and collected by the suit, which is then burned up as exhaust IIRC

Likely something more dry than normal human, Their armors also provide them with waste recycling system.

On the other hand Eldar shit crystals

So ... no dicks?

The main reason space marines have the, I want to say its called the Betcher's gland under their tongue that makes acid was really just rule of cool even in universe. During his crusades the Emperor had a lot of propaganda going around about his unstoppable superhuman warriors and one of the things was that they could spit on heretical scripture and burn it or something along the lines.

Only time I remember it being relevant anywhere was when a chaos marine was chained up in confinement and over a long amount of time used his saliva to wear down his bonds as he chewed through them. If he wanted to really take his time he could've gotten through eventually without grinding his teeth to nubs but it goes to show how little acid they really produce.

Game still looks pretty good even today imo, though it's more noticeable the later in you get.

Are all the dlc stuff like dreadnought only for use in multiplayer? Sucks if that's so. Quite obvious the mp is dead now & you can't use them.

Yeah, I remember this too. Can't remember the details, but it did win some award.

Well, you know how people who abuse steroids have their gonads shrunk down to microscopic levels.

Space marine initiation uses substances that make steroids look like watered down sugar tablets.

It's all there, just atrophied to the point it might as well not exist.

You mean Command squad? The 2nd Company is a Battle Company. But yeah Space Marines having "New recruits" that aren't scouts in a bunch of the media is getting a bit on my nerves. I guess Leandros may have just graduated from the 6th company and his previous captain was a Codex freak?

Just as planned
Imagine those giant supersoldiers getting horny all of sudden. It'd be disastrous.

Their faith and duty to the God-Emperor of Man surpasses all lowly desires of flesh.

What about food tho

But Leandros isn't a new recruit.
Titus even says to him something like:
>Your days as a novice are over.
He and Sidonous actually highlight that he's acting very naive by interpretting codex narrowly.

>i played it entirely with melee when possible on hardest mode so

No you didn't.

Oh no they've got dicks. In a recent novel starring an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor she makes note of a Grey Knight making use of the communal shower. Everything is roughly to scale.

Big thick Space Marine cocks are cannon.

Dicks yes
Balls no

Didn't an Ultramarine in a recent novel use it to spit in the face of a Dark Eldar who had captured him. Then I think he snapped his neck.

Oh, well then I guess my nerves are fine. It's been a while since I played the game.

Why would they not have balls? Testosterone would be very important for the muscle build of Space Marines. If anything made sense they'd have giant tanuki balls and normal sized dicks.

You can play the *DEMO* with melee only, user.

I always did think that you got the storm bolter way too late in the game. You get stuck with the stalker bolter and vengeance launcher for way too long at the beginning of the game. Storm bolter should have been an early weapon.

They eat food equivalent to what normal men describe as grand feasts.

However, due to being genetically engineered to have their metabolism work at an efficient rate, they don't need to eat very often.

They get all hormones suplied artificialy. Their balls may just vanish naturally unless they are into ritual castration.

Talos from the night lords series spat in the face of an assassin which then burned out her eyes

They don't need to eat. It wastes time and carrying capacity on the battlefield. Their suits provide them with energy.

Their hormone are supplied by implanted organs. So it's not artificial.

Actually isn't the main reason they don't need to bring food along because they can eat anything, even raw trees?

It's an overexaggeration but yeah, SMs can digest a wider variety than normal humans

I bet the demo is the first level or something. With you using the war hammer.

Trying to do full melee with the chainsword or power axe on hard mode will just get you ganked in the real game.

The main reason is that their suits can sustain them perfectly well for weeks. Space marines being what they are, humans molded by the emperor for the singular purpose of winning any battle, can indeed eat lots of nasty shit if they need to.

Space Marines can have children and I'm pretty sure there are a couple characters that are the children of space marines.

>mfw they can eat flesh to gain memories
>mfw they can spit acid

>Space Marines can have children and I'm pretty sure there are a couple characters that are the children of space marines.

They can't. Name one.

I hope you're a curious femanon, because this line of inquiry is pretty gay.

Maybe in old fluff but not today

yeah can't wait for Space Marine 2!!

my little brother thought it was cool. to me its fucking stupid and i hate it.

She did have pretty noticeable cocklust towards Titus, though.

In true spess muhreen fashion, Titus was completely oblivious to it and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

>in old fluff
Why do people tell baseless lies and then always say this? Shit was sillier back then but come on.

Chaos marines of Slannesh have been known to rape captured women to try and make new space marines.

I've never heard of regular space marines even caring about sex. Such thoughts are beneath them.

>can run MGR
>can run Paladins
>can run TF:Devastation
>can't run Space Marine without horrible stuttering and audio problems

I don't get it.

>She did have pretty noticeable cocklust towards Titus, though.
Literally when.

Chill out I said maybe, I'm not going back to read the first two editions to double check. I doubt it though.

I think you're being a bit delusional about Mira there.

/tg/ here. Spess Mahreens are fully equipped and functional, sexually speaking. And there are multiple lore tidbits from both the 30k and 40k eras that confirm everything is to scale.

Most marines, especially from modern codex-compliant chapters, are simply uninterested due to a combination of psycho-indoctrination and warrior monk ascetic lifestyle. There are noteable exceptions to this, however. Space Wolves and White Scars, for instance, are known womanizers. And Salamanders maintain contact with their mortal families and communities even after their become full fledged marines.

As far as children go, I believe the consensus is that its technically possible for a marine to have children, assuming the mortal woman in question could handle marine-sized junk. But the child would be a normal human, since none of the implants are hereditary.

There's nothing said about Space Marines being sterile, being made sterile during the creation process or just not wanting to have sex. It's kind of an urban legend.

>Chaos marines of Slannesh have been known to rape captured women
Of course
>to try and make new space marines.
No. Maybe some out there have been given a weird blessing in order to have the sensation of being a father or mother but it hasn't happened in the fluff to my knowledge.

Something like this may have been involved in the Daemocubula process. I recall Slaaneshi marines raping women chained to flesh walls with dog dicks. I don't mean big red knotted penises either, I mean their dicks were literally dog like creatures that crawled out of their bodies and mounted women.

Thanks /tg/

>or just not wanting to have sex

No, that part is quite evident in most cases. Most of them have no desire for sex.

Still, if testosterone is coming anywhere but from the testes, they shrink since they have their activity greatly reduced. Though, it may well be that the Space Marine transformation process enhances their balls too to produce Rich Piana levels of testosterone, who knows

>and start a family
This is wrong. They go back to their clans and typically act as chiefs and live with their old families but they don't get hitched and start new ones.

>I can't make it home tonight honey I have to go beyond the stars and purge heretics.

She literally couldn't keep her eyes off him, even when they weren't directly conversing.

AHA, I've found it. Uriel Ventris is the descendant of a 1st Company Veteran.

Space Marines can have sex and can have children.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Uriel_Ventris

I think one way SM could have been better is if you could control your squad like in Republic commando

Any mention on how they reproduce, as in by conventional means, or do they need assistance or some unconventional method?

Is there any point in getting this if already own eternal crusade? Which multiplayer is better?

I was thinking of that time where they tried to make new chaos marines on this planet by mutating the women into Jabba the Hut lookalikes and impregnating them with gene seeds or something. Most of the babies were abominations that got thrown into the sewers. Some of them survived and helped the Ultramarines take back the planet, although I have no idea how the hell a bunch of babies could do that.

That's never really stated and the Ultramarines encourage family ties while the Salamanders encourage living among normal humans.

>Bright blue and gilded demi human Space Marine Captain and Hero of the Imperium, a veteran of countless battles of magnitude beyond her imagination and a commander of the God Emperor's greatest warriors
>Wow she looks at him when he's not even directly talking to her! I hear wedding bells!

What the fuck else would she look at? He's one of the most interesting things on the planet.

Talk like that makes me wonder if frequent wanking will shrink my boys.

It's good for a while. Them you finish and go "that's it?"
Seriously, only 2 enemy factions, almost no variety of arenas, the melee is just mash and dodge, and the jump pack sections are nice but there's only 2 of them
Also, you can get killed during your super-cool killing animations, which means that on higher difficulty the most optimal way to play is to ignore melee and only shoot guns, because if you ever try to melee a bunch of orkz, they'll whittle down your health and while you're performing your overelaborate kill animation you've seen 200000 times before, they'll have more than enough time to finish you off.

Yeah that right there is the Daemocubula you are thinking about. The Iron Warriors way to merge science and sorcery in order to pup out Space Marines. I believe it was fully grown humans they shoved in and Space Marines that got pushed out. But yeah a bunch were crazy or had no skin and had to be put down on site before being tossed into a grinder.

Metal as fuck.

I imagine a family reunited around the table having dinner with one of them being an ultramarine and the mother saying something like "No chainswords on the table" or something like that.

It's never really said so I assume they just reproduce normally. I'm sure they could do test tube babies 40,000 years in the future.

Why would it? Nofap is a lie, masturbating does not reduce testosterone by any significant level

Everyone makes constant eye contact in the cutscenes. Especially the guardsmen. So unless you think they want to give it up for Titus as well, you should stop thinking Mira was anything but a professional soldier.

Well, family ties don't just mean keeping in touch with your parents. As I linked above, Uriel Ventris is a space marine descended from a space marine.

A LOT of marines don't have families, to be sure. The Ultramarines and the Salamanders are the most "human" chapters though.

it just makes it worse. i find my behavior more aggressive after just busting. after sex is different though.

>women can think of something other than cock and balls!
Take that shit back to tumblr

That's mostly a concern during development. If your an adult you really got nothing to worry about at this point. Excessive masturbation may fuck up how your body is producing sperm but nothing is going to shrink. No fap is when you want to grow a beard and need all the spare testosterone you can get.

That would be kind of sad for a marine because they would be away from home almost all the time and can live up to hundreds of years so a Marine would most likely outlive his grandchildren.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsDMOVkCWKc i just really like the intro

My reckoning is that their dicks are actually normal human sized, or that the women just lay back, grit their teeth and think of the emperor as their spess marine hubby shoves his Pringles can dick into her.

>i find my behavior more aggressive after just busting
Thats weird. You're weird. Not sure if Khornate weird or Slaaneshi weird though.

Best female character remains Heather from Silent Hill 3, just making a male character and giving them tits and long hair doesn't make them female.

Yeah, I'm sure most marines don't have children or can't relate to normal women. I'm sure the child of a marine would be under IMMENSE pressure to live up to their father's legacy.

That pic is kind of retarded, I mean nothing is stoping the arbitrator from killing her, she has obviously commited an execution worthy crime by pointing a gun at him and he is wearing a helmet while she has nothing to stop the super sonic soda can that is a bolter round. She is completly fucked.

idk man. just how i work.

It's not just you, I get the same way.

On the plus side they could probably win all the "My dad could beat up your dad" arguments.

What kind of Space Marine pilots Thunderhawk and other machinery like Rhinos? Are they dedicated pilots and drivers or do they just take turns for this job? Seems wierd to spend enormous amount of recourses and time to make a glorified driver in power armor.

Its pointing right at his teeth.

"My dad beat up Eliphas the Inheritor"
"My dad can rip a Tyrranid in two"
"My dad can jump 20 feet in Terminator armor"

I feel bad for the kid that bullies a marine's kid

He's just 2pure for Chaos, hence why he doesn't worry about following the codex directly, he's not worried because he's 101% faithful

If and when the vehicle is disabled, the driver hops out and defeats the entire enemy army.

That's how it is in fluff at least.

Okay now I'm actually sort of just fascinated. Aggressive how? For how long? Do you finish a wank and then for the next ten minutes you're just grumpy? Are you a large person or of smaller stature? Race?

If you have a half price books near you, try there. I got two copies for $5 each there, and they always sell old ass games for dirt cheap.

Look buddy, the average day of a space marine has 15 minutes of free time. Their day is 50% training, 30% strategy revision, 10% praising the emperor, and 7% sleep and 3% eating. They don't think of such impure thoughts as love.

The cool thing about Space Marine lore in 40k that I've read is the stuff that makes them seem like Angels. It's very creative and unique and sets them apart from all the other generic supersoldiers from sci-fi, and gives them an aesthetic and religious aspect

But some of the other lore depicts them as very human and just scientifically upgraded soldiers, which is boring

I wish the lore did more to separate them from mortals and make them more spooky/mysterious/godly and less like secular soldiers

lol i just feel more pent up(assuming i even masterbate). a release doesn't satisfy me so usually ill leave home and walk somewhere, probably to a bar. im 6'0" fuckin white male. idk my weight though.

You do realize to most Zenos Imperial Guards are basically cannon fodder regardless of gender?

>Finish having sex with woman
>It was pretty great
>Get extremely pissed off
>Scream at her to get the fuck out of my house

Anyone else do this?

It depends. Even chaos has a variety of rationality, priestly, berserker, pragmatic, and godly.

Just like a rush of hormones. I feel pretty good like I could take on the world. Usually results in me spanking the girl's ass or practicing my cuts for sword fighting. After a little while the rush passes and it's kind of like a sugar crash.

I'm a 5'10", 150 pound mongrel.

Sisters of Battle turn into gian burning angels sometimes, it requires the sister to die first though, not grimdark enough otherwise.

Prostitution is a crime user.

>"finish" having sex with a woman and still have energy left
>not continuing till you feel worn out
What?

Definitely not

I typically go to the foot of the bed, grab them by their ankles then SoLongGayBowser them into the wall.

>Finish having sex with woman
Nope, never happened to me

Yes because I'm murdering that pussy.

Heck even Priests and a few of the more preachy of the Imperial Guard Regiments have had this happen.

I thought he was one of those people who have zero warp presence. A Null? Is that a thing?

Maybe he could also have been a distant descendant of the emperor. Descendants of the emperor sometimes inherit one his powers. Complete incorruptibility was one of them

"YAAAHHOOOOOO!"

Depends on the writer. Sometimes the story is told from the perspective of peasants who have the technology of medieval Earth. They get attacked by Daemons and try to defend their village with swords and bows. As they inevitably start to lose "Angels" turn up and give the Daemons a seeing too.

Another bit of lore is that standard space marines have their minds wiped of the experience of having battled demons. Imperial guard are put in concentration camps to work till they die if they battle daemons.

Cant let the info out that daemons are real and the experience damages the soldiers to much to be useful just as warriors. Space marines are the only soldiers valuable enough to be worth mind wiping.

my b

>practicing my cuts for sword fighting
Ohhh, now I get it. It's an autism thing.

Yeah but in the lore there's a kind of shadow war going on for the descendants of the emperor. I'm pretty sure he would have been found by one of the sides looking for them.

I don't think he's a blank either, just resistant to psychic powers.

It's not good if you're not already into 40k.
It felt like a very generic third person console shooter with all the on-the-rails shooting segments and all the QTE you can imagine.

Personally, I love 40k and love fiddling around with mods so overall it was pretty enjoyable for me.
The only thing that really bothered me was the abysmally tiny FOV that apparently can't be fixed no matter what

I thought they were always on another level compared to normal humans. Most of them see normal humans as weak in all ways, while guardsmen certainly see them in a divine light. I got the feeling while playing Space Marine that the guardsmen had absolute reverence of space marines. They way they need before them and refer to them as "my lord".

Some see humans as weaker and worthless. Most just acknowledge them as weaker vessels and understand it's best not to expect much from them but try to give them a helping hand. As long as they try their best to fight for the Emperor most Marines will give them props for a job well done. Or just completely ignore them. Some might eat you or steal your stuff though.

you just do not get it

what you are seeing is the struggle of a man who wants little more than to see the one before him turn their lives around and become proud servants of the Emperor, instead he is going to be forced down a different path

Excellent and original burn, my friend. I can't wait to hear another excellent zinger from such a creative mind

Dude, you're 5'10 and just talked about pretend sword fighting after whacking it. I know you didn't write that post expecting no comment.

The Emp made it pretty fucking clear to them that they are NOT the model human, they are a mighty shield of humanity and shouldn't see themselves as superior.. even though they are.

The multiplayer /single player is great and my most played Steam game. Although the multi is hit and miss nowadays, back in 2011-2013 I destroyed people.

No offense, but you're the kind of fellow that murders prostitutes.

You asked, I answered. Sword fighting is fun and if you want to get good at it you have to practice which means practicing cuts every now and then. I know this is Cred Forums where you're not allowed to do things that aren't on the approved list but come on man, at least be original.

>most played game
>233 hours
jesus christ

CAPTAIN MOTHERFUCKING TITUS IS VOICED BY MARK MOTHERFUCKING STRONG

youtube.com/watch?v=_EbNGSFSxGY

that alone makes it worth the buy. it's also a pretty damn good game too.

What kind of sword?

>load SS
>try to see how it is to defend your HQ on the campaign
>pass over 20 turns waiting for an enemy to attack my HQ
>they never do

can we all agree on how much of a fucking faggot leandros is?

He was right

>Strategic Value: Absolute
So Exterimatus?

Longsword, shit's fun. Generally I prefer spear but most clubs don't practice it.

Negative, strategic value Absolute.

I believe duel weapons are more popular for sport swordfighting but longswords are ok.

It's just another gears of war rip-off. Good though.

Longsword is currently the most popular weapon for HEMA. Rapier and dagger doesn't even come close.

Thats good to know.

It's just a regular mission played out on the HQ map.

I know but I still wish I could play on it, half an hour passing turns and never got attacked.

My most played is actually Battlefield 4 at 700 hrs.

I would like to play that co-op mode where you battle against orkz again, it was pretty good.

>233 hrs
>most played
NORMIES GET OUT

>tfw there will never be a CRPG where you play as an Inquisitor that uncovers while rooting up a conspiracy that he has been mindwiped and has been furthering the conspiracy all along

Rust Cohle spotted