That kid who did the spirit temple before the shadow temple

>that kid who did the spirit temple before the shadow temple

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fJg3HP36FrM
youtube.com/watch?v=Iso2fRjLFfo
youtube.com/watch?v=HEQqn1orliE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Surely you jest

You wanna say something to me? get it off your chest.

>that kid who played Zelda

>that kid who did the master quest fire temple only when it was necessary halfway into the spirit temple

>need lens of truth to get through the desert
>get it in the well
>go all the way to the desert instead of finishing up at the graveyard

literally who's ever done this?

>that kid who claimed you could catch a TV static pokemon by talking to the old man and surfing in cinnabar island

literally the only proof he had was a photo with worse quality than a pin hole camera trying to show a ufo

people that want to see if its possible i guess

>that kid who did the ice cavern before the fire temple

you don't need the lens to get through the desert, it just helps.

>That kid who beat the fire temple without Din's Fire

That was me. First run I got tripped up on the Water Temple and left after getting then Longshot, messed around on my won and got the Lend of Truth, and was able to reach the Spirit Temple. So I beat that and went back to Water.

Isn't it true the game only has to register the Spirit and Shadow Medallions to complete the game, and since Shadow is "locked" behind the first three unless you glitch, it doesn't matter since you shouldn't "be able" to do the Shadow Temple without Forest/Fire/Water?

Explain

You could do temples in different orders? I don't even remember that, been so long since I played. I kind of remembered OoT as being linear in its dungeon sequence.

When I was a kid, I was so scared of the well/shadow temple that after I got the lens, I decided to try going to the desert.

I think I did Fire, water, forest, spirit, shadow.

>that kid who got into the shadow temple without dins fire

technically yes

but sense most dungeons require a weapon from the past dungeon you would atleast need to beat the preboss

Never did the spirit first route myself, but I'm pretty sure the Poe's shadow still shows up.

>Go to desert before Kakariko
>Realise you need something to help you see the unseen
>Go to well
>Oh, there is the thing that let's you see the unseen
>Go back to desert
>Haven't found the shadow temple yet because you were in Kakariko and there was no reason to use the Nocturne of Shadows, thus you don't realise that was how you reach it

You can enter the well and get the lens long before you get the nocturne of shadow.

If you know the path you can just follow it. Needs to be pretty precise.

i haven't done it in years but i'm sure there's tons of youtube videos explaining it.

But you have to talk to the poe first right? And the only way to talk to him is with the lens of truth

I do it because the Spirit Medallion shows up before the Shadow Medallion on the start menu.

EH

People seem to forget this. Yes, if you didn't know yet Bongo Bongo coming out is the hint to go there. But once you've learned the Song of Storms and unlocked Pedestal of Time you can get it,

Nope, the path through the desert is there even if you ignore the poe.
All you have to do is memorise the path.

Fire doesn't need anything, except arrows if you want the dungeon map.

Water needs arrows, but nothing from fire.

>that kid who used a gameshark to beat the fire temple as young link
>mfw i was that kid

fuck my n64 gameshark broke, it was so fucking cool.
are there any n64 gameshark emulators?

that was me

it took me fucking hours to perfect the secret deku stick technique

>that kid who's in there and we're out here

Yes. For a while, the main speedrun strategy was to only get shadow and spirit medallions, either by glitching into Shadow temple, or later by RBA glitching both medallions into your inventory.

It's built into project64

Most emulators have hacks and cheat programs built into them. Download project 64 or something.

There's a time and a place for a skooks thread.
Now is not that time.

>That kid who played the rest of the game with the Hover Boots because he thought they were cool

>the kid who did forest temple before fire temple

You are coward. You should have married that girl you loved.

>that kid who went forest, fire, ice arrows, child spirit, water, shadow, adult spirit

My brother was that kid. I think it was partially laziness, though.

Arin Hanson left them on most of the game after he got them. Then I unsubscribed from gay grumps. Jon was always the best. Arin has never seen to this day the Lord of the rings films. Philistine.

Is it pronounced "bee-nis" or "beh-nis"?

Forest - Fire - Water - Spirit - Shadow

First one.

Did he fucking seriously?

user...

>Arin has never seen to this day the Lord of the rings films.
I never thought there would be anything I'd respect Egoraptor for. Good on him for not wasting 6+ hours watching that trash.

>Arin has never seen to this day the Lord of the rings films
Good for him

how do i know you guys were born in 1999?

>that kid that beat the game without the fire arrows

that was me

Try 1991
I know this is Cred Forums, but amazingly, some people don't care for the shit you do

Person that has actually read the LOTR here. The movies are awful and offensive to the legacy of the books.

I sleep soundly at night knowing Peter "The Frighteners" Jackson will never, ever get the rights to Silmarillion as long as Christopher Tolkien lives.

>and unlocked Pedestal of Time
Literally no one says this. Stop it.

At least it's not the Hobbit trilogy

My finnish friend pronounced it beh-nis once and now I'm really not sure. I get a better chuckle out of beenis though

You say "The Frighteners" like its a bad thin.

>Just drink my piss man, at least it's sterile.

>tfw completing the Fire temple without Goron tunic
Never got why everyone thought thew water temple was so hard as a kid after I went through that.

Born in 1986 here.

LotR films are garbage.

women are useless distractions

I was that kid. Still think they're cool though.

>that kid who didn't use the hammer against dark link

The Frighteners is unironically one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Seriously, The Frighteners was a really fun movie. One of Peter Jackson's only good movies.

"beh-nis", or like "Ben is" or "bennis"

The correct temple order is

Spirit
Water
Fire
Forest
Shadow

Prove me wrong.

>spirit
You can leave now.

Your mom's a useless distraction

Recommended. It's a hoot:

youtube.com/watch?v=fJg3HP36FrM

You won't believe how bad a person can actually be at OOT.

I'm not saying it deserves an award, but I enjoyed it. I don't get the pretentious attitude some people take against movies just because they lack a certain depth. Not everything has to be a fucking "masterpiece" i.e. long, self-obsessive narratives crammed into "only" three and a half hours.

I've seen Titanic once.

well yeah , she's dead....

>forest almost last
Uhhh

>that kid who only used Din's fire against dark link

>that kid who didn't use Biggoron's Sword against Dark Link

You DID get the sword first thing after getting Epona right after removing the Master Sword, didn't you, user?

>Not everything has to be a fucking "masterpiece"
Not them but they don't have to be. The problem is when they aren't and everyone you hear talks about it claims they are. That's where the backlash comes from.

Oh shit. I'm sorry.

you can also use the sound cues

the sandstorm noises get much harsher the closer you get to deviating from the path

No I'm saying it is legitimately one of the worst, most incoherent, poorly shot movies I have ever seen.

I did this when I was a kid because slippin' and slidin' everywhere was fun.

You need the bow first to progress, dingus.

>that kid who didn't do spirit before shadow so he could use ice arrows on bongo-bongo

youtube.com/watch?v=Iso2fRjLFfo

>Saria's been attacked
>wow, look at the Volcano on Death Mountain
>there's a strange wind coming from Zora's Domain
>holy shit that ghost came out of the well
>Welp, only one more to go

The game proves you wrong. How's it feel to be ousted by a stupid fairy?

You can complete the temples in any order after the forest temple, right?

>Need bow for Spirit
>Half complete forest temple and fuck off to the desert

>The problem is when they aren't and everyone you hear talks about it claims they are. That's where the backlash comes from.

>hinga dinga durr

Quality is objectively subjective. Your pompous, high budget shit isn't so great.

You mean that's not the normal progression? Literally never done the shadow temple before the spirit temple.

TOP 10 ZELDA GAMES

10. Link The Faces of Evil (CDi)
9. Tingles Rosy Rupee Land
8. Four Swords Anniversary Edition (DSi Ware)
7. BS Zelda The Ancient Stone Tablets
6. Zelda Monopoly
5.Tiger Electronics Digital Zelda Game Watch
4. Zelda for Ti-83 Calculator
3. Zelda Wand of Gamelon (CDi)
2.Nintendo Cereal System Legend of Zelda Half
1.Zelda's Adventure (CDi)

Prove me wrong. You can't.

Okay Peter.

Is there a Zelda for ti83?

When I was a kid, I just followed the fairy's directions, for the most part

>get Lens of Truth
>visit Desert
>visit Spirit Temple as kid
>visit Shadow Temple as adult
>get Hover Boots
>return to Spirit Temple
>return to Shadow Temple

I don't know what I was thinking as a kid.

Without using glitches you have to beat Forest, Fire and Water before being able to enter Shadow. You can do Fire first if you like but Water and Spirit require the bow.

movie critics on Cred Forums are the food analogists of movies

Prove me wrong

Can't argue with that. Only faggots liked the Super Mario half.

So you can do any of the following routes
>Forest -> Fire -> Water -> Shadow -> Spirit (the one most people follow their first time)

>Forest -> Water -> Spirit -> Fire -> Shadow

>Forest -> Fire -> Spirit -> Water -> Shadow

>Forest -> Water -> Fire -> Spirit -> Shadow

LOL bitch

Can you really do fire first? I thought there were some of those silver eye things that you had to shoot with the bow in the fire temple. Or were those optional?

Actually by "you can do Fire first" I meant even before Forest, finishing it doesn't require the bow.

The map "room" door needs to be opened with an arrow, yes, but obviously that's not necessary for beating the temple. It's pretty easy to bypass with simple glitching anyway.

I'm playing through Majora's Mask right now.

Do the bosses get better? The first 2 have been pretty lame.

penis, but instead of a p sound, a b sound
fucking idiot

Sweet, it's even more open-ended than I thought. Gonna try that next time I play it.

Not really. The 3D version changed them up and technically made them more challenging but whether that was a good thing or not depends on who you ask.

I'm fucking Finnish you nerd, pretty sure I know how it's pronounced

Bay temple boss is easy as shit on N64 and that kind of cancer only Aonuma can do on the 3DS.
Twinmold is kinda cool, but still easy.

Majora's Mask bosses in general are kinda weak and easy.

Idk I can think of a couple uses.

Alright, calm down Ghengis

Great Bay Temple's boss Gyorg is more frustrating than fun to fight. And Twinmold isn't very difficult, but again, a little frustrating. However Majora's mini bosses are all pretty great. The giant eyeball and the King of Ikana are some pretty great fights. The Goht fight is pretty fun in my opinion. Rolling around at the speed of sound at sanic speed avoiding bombs, lighting and falling rocks is pretty memorable.

>tfw you rescue breakfast

Visited Kakariko twice when it was blinking on the map but you have to go via front entrance to trigger the cutscene and both times I came from Death Mountain so I went to the desert because nothing was happening in Kakariko (noticed the rain though).
First playthru order was either Forest > Water > Fire > Spirit > Shadow or Forest > Water > Spirit > Fire > Shadow
And I think didn't know how to talk to the small goron so I got Bolero of Fire by going to the top of the mountain and jumping down to the small platform then using scarecrow song with Longshot to get to the crater warp area.

I was eight and could not fathom trying to fight ReDeads/Gibdos. Shit was spooky yo.

>he didn't use ice arrows for bongo bongo
user....

I fucking loved slip-slidin' around in these boots.

>that kid that crooked cartridge'd out of Kokiri Forest

>that kid who kept buying giant's knives instead of getting the biggoron's sword

My nigga!. Goht is my favorite boss from the Zelda series as a whole.

>That kid who never did a broken knife run of OoT.

Majora's Mask is my least favorite 3D Zelda. There's too much of a focus on sidequests instead of the main game, and I thought the 3 day gimmick was just annoying.

>that kid who used deku nuts to beat Gohma

>That kid who couldn't figure out how to get the lens of truth so he did the whole shadow temple by firing the hookshot to see whether or not there was ground.

Flagpoles

>that kid who owned a N64

>that kid who didn't own all the current and past systems

(You) ;)

Nobody owned a Saturn.
Anyone who says they did lies.

>That kid who owned all the consoles but nobody would hang out with him because he had a 5pm curfew and wasn't allowed to leave the street

>tfw when you get into the water temple first and don't have a clue that you needed a hookshot to progress
why did oot do this, hide quest items out of dungeons but still let you in them even if you didn't find them
at least in lttp you can't really get places until you find the boots/book/other shit

>that kid that didn't roll to Hyrule Castle leaving Kokiri Forest because "muh immersion"

enjoy waiting for sunrise

>go to middle class white people's house
>they own an n64

>go to poor white trash people's house
>they own a playstation

>Roll
>Not Z-target side hop
Scrub.

>Go to middle class white people's house
>Can't tell if their son is autistic or just sheltered

>Go to poor white trash people's house
>they own a playstation

>that kid that got the Golden Scale instead of the heart piece from fishing as young link

>implying i didn't superslide everywhere once I got bombs

>they died before Dodongo's cavern
>they died at all

How the fuck can you be this bad at OoT over the age of 7? I could do this entire game with one hand tied behind my back and these fucks probably die to the wolf you can 1shot in the sacred forest meadow.

I was that kid

Why was Jabu Jabu the only dungeon with two bosses?

It's the not using the shield at all that really gets me.

You're right. It was the beginning of the end for Zelda. The first Zelda game where there's an obscenely long period of time before you even enter the first dungeon.

>doesn't jump attack
>doesn't deku stick jump attack

The Lizalfols are 2hit kills with deku jump attack and he just does normal baby swipes. I bet they die to Morpha like 3 times at least and Ganondorf about 10

>The Lizalfos
>The Po Sisters
>The Flame Dancer
>Dark Link
>Darknut in the child Spirit Temple
>Twinrova
What.

i was that kid

im sorry

i really am

>doing shadow first
>not doing shadow with the glorious mirror shield
>he actually likes the hylian shield
nah m8

I did it like that all the time I can't justify it though I just did it.

retard

How did you do that shit in Ganons castle at the end? Where you shoot the fire arrow at the ceiling?

you can get the map without arrows. theres a ledge you can drop in from behind the chest, you just have to go around the room where the firewall chases you to get there

I have no idea if it can even be done without glitching or something.
I know using Din's Fire didn't work.
That was literally where I got stuck for a day until I found those friggen arrows.

youtube.com/watch?v=HEQqn1orliE

checked

>That kid that unfroze Zora's Domain

Nothing after the fire temple requires the hammer. The only reason I remember to is because the bridge won't form.

I literally always did fire > forest > water > spirit > shadow because I was scared of the forest and shadow temples. I've never used arrows on volvagia because of that

how did you get into water temple without a hookshoot?

I don't know man but I did it. I know I did because I read and watched about 5 guides to the water temple until I realized that I needed it

>that kid who did the fire temple as the first adult temple

you need a hookshot to get past the opening of water temple...

I was not that kid.
Take that confirmation bias!

nigger my 10 yo ass did it

i had the iron boots and I hit the switch with something, maybe I did have the bow from the forest temple so it may have been my second temple

Oh shit, "that kid" really IS here.

ah you were rusing me gr8 b8 you got me 8/8

>tfw playing Ocarina of Time for the first time and using a guide constantly because you can't do the dungeons.
Wew.

Holy shit git gud

that would be me.

I can't.

I thought Death Mountain was the third dungeon for most of my life.

>That generation who think 3d Zelda are anything but shit

LotS really isn't that good Tbh. It's sine if the most generic and overrated fantasy there is. Literally Norse Mythology mixed with Christianity, and some WWI symbolism sprinkled in. For its time it was good, but better fantasy came after it, but it's always overlooked cause everyone is always sucking Tolkein's duck cause muh worldbuilding. His worldbuilding isn't even that good, Martin who isn't even that great shits all over it with ASOIF.

3D works a lot better for Zelda than 2D though