Mfw even with generic names such as Engineer, Sniper, Spy, etc...

>mfw even with generic names such as Engineer, Sniper, Spy, etc, Valve managed to put more character in a single class then the entire cast of Overwatch, combined

lol

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cLc0ZYeDLLI
youtube.com/watch?v=jym6Js2-wqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kek You TF2 hipsters are so delusional.

Overwatch's cast has more personality than your game. In terms of visuals, lore, characters, and gameplay. No one is impressed by how contrarian you are. Tracer alone is more fun to watch and play as than the entire cast of TF2.

@353383829
no u for U ;)

>Tracer
>Run and Gun with no damage

Yeah so fun wasting my ammo on someone that gets healed instantly.

>Calls TF2 players delusional
>Is delusional overwatch fan

I like both.

I agree, but TF2 has too much sameface

his name is dell conagher, dummy

>a game made in 2007
>with lots of time to evolve his characters
>still got buttblasted by a new game made in a less than a year

that just sad kek

Tracer can 1-mag all 200hp heroes. Sounds like you're just a shitter desu.

I found matpat

And their bad because they're all white males right?

>1-mag a 200hp shitter with no healer
You're playing with bad people.

There's no room for discussion, TF2 did everything better, up until the point where it did everything wrong.

Is this a pasta? This is great.

/poltard/already triggered?
lel

This. TF2 tries to be diverse but the characters look too much alike. The designs just look bland as fuck too compared to Overwatch. It's just normal guys with different weapons so fucking boring. I'd take Roadhog or Reinhardt or D.Va or Reaper over any of these one-dimensional bland pieces of shit anyday (in gameplay and lore)

>character in a multiplayer only fps
>mattering
Ok so your animated shorts are funnier?

That's not the point I'm making at all

t. triggered Overwatch babby

isn't his name Conagher?

Watch the matpat video

tf2 is fucking dead m8, valve make almost 1 billion a year and they can't hire people to fix that shit game

Glad i dont support valve.

nice way to sidestep his comment bud

>Tracer alone is more fun to watch and play as than the entire cast of TF2.
B8 AS FUCK

And remember: That's without retarded stereotyping into differentiating nationalities/robot/cyborg/monkey bullshit.

he is not the one that made a thread asking TF2 fans to kiss his buttblasted anus because Overwatch is more popular now

Or they can shoot you, making you retreat, and allowing them to heal.
She should have a shotty and reaper have the smgs.

>caring for e celebs

shit nigger the fuck are you doing?

>Bait thread
>People answer seriously

Why do i even come here, holy shit.

>He doesn't even know the names of the characters

Nice try you scrub

Naisu baito desu but i wont fall for it

>Roadhog or Reinhardt or D.Va or Reaper over any of these one-dimensional bland pieces of shit anyday
Those are 1 dimensional characters, you dumb fuck. They are either bad or good. No internal struggle exists, unlike the solider and demo friendship centered in the war update.

>going to Cred Forums for serious discussion

It's not bait when it's correct.

>centered in the war update
You mean "created out of whole cloth for the war update"

>still top 5 playerbases on steam
>dead
you really wish that was true.

>i wont fall
>still answers anyway

never go full retard

Where's the downvote button on this website, I'd like to downvote this retard to show my disapproval for his shitty, wrong opinions.

>Go there
>Turbine 24h,turbine 24h everywere

More poplar? Then why does the q take so long? And what does blizzards daily player base look like?

Valve could be running circles around Blizzard story-wise if they would just capitalize on TF2's lore by updating the comic consistently or teaming up with Telltale again. They had their own shot at an Adult Swim show and they fucking blew it, that should prove how incompetent and out of touch they are with their fans.

>TF2 cast
>simple and basic designs but with interesting personalities and god-tier writing and dialogue
>Overwatch cast
>complex and unique designs but with bland personalities and generic and dull writing and dialogue

prove me wrong

>over 35 mil unique players
>overwatch is not even 1/2 of that in total
kek

>Reaper
>a character personified by edge who literally screams DIE DIE DIE and spits out edgy/broody zingers for 99% of his dialogue

Come on now. I like Overwatch's cast, but Reaper's probably the most one dimensional character they have.

I mean the plot of the war update, which is part of the lore.

How the fuck are OW designs complex? They're pretty basic and distinguishable from one and the other, at least the base skins.

What TF2 has over Overwatch is edge: characters bicker with each other constantly, which is something OW lacks quite a bit.

Either way overwatch is way more casual.

Its the blizzard formula...you bet when whatever the sombra update shows up they gonna flock again with people

Starve the people and then give crumbs...works with Wow,gonna work with Overwatch

I'm just gonna throw in the mandatory.
Paladins

Or it will just be faggots that think this causal game is hard
TF2 had that same problem, even the pro players near the top got a god complex over the game being called easy due to its overly simple mechanics.
Fuck, neither are really difficult, but overwatch somehow made tf2 even more brain dead and easy then I thought possible.

They're both pretty casual. If it wasn't for the Soldier TF2 wouldn't be too far off from OW level of casual.

To be fair, TF2 is basically the only decent F2P shooter on the market while Overwatch is 40 bucks.

I can guarantee you if Overwatch was F2P it'd be neck and neck with TF2.

>Half of then is furries/ponies

you can have then...and thanks to contain then to dont spree in other games too lol

visually over half of the overwatch characters are way too over designed lol

No. If you want overdesign go for Battleborn, Overwatch designs are rather tame and straightforward.

>tf2 is not available in china, and other countries, mostly Asian ones
>overwatch is
thats 1.4 billion people tf2 is not even able to touch in china alone.
And it still is over 2x as big. So overwatch really has no excuse. It simply isn't a good enough game to have that number of players.

Frankly I find Reaper one of the most hilarious characters because he plays the edgy role so straight.

How can you not laugh at the "I'm a high functioning Psychopath" line?

>Overwatch designs are rather tame and straightforward.
no, youre thinking of tf2 my man

Look at lucio's legs man.

Is it time to start doing TF2/Overwatch crossover domination lines again?

>overwatch players are mostly old tf2 players
>overwatch is for weebs and CoD players
Honestly, the furries are either gay for winston or pip/drogoz in paladins.

>watching a matpat vid
It was already cancerous click bait content, but as soon as I saw the thumbnail for the "I gave Undertale to the Pope lel" vid I've never watched another one of his vids

yeah i want laugh of TF2fags spill the spaghetti

You forgot to mention valve had 9 years to develop the character over time.

XD

Overwatch has a lot of valid things to criticize but its character design is solid. Nothing special, nothing bad.

the good thing is they cant spray their shit in those games for now

yeah, and its reflected in each of the characters designs and personalities. whereas each character in overwatch is extremely uninteresting and has cringy as fuck dialogue

>you can have then thanks to contain then to dont spree in other games too lol
Nigger how hard is it to proofread?
>confirmed furry/ponies
The cast isn't the playerbase fuckknuckle.
Overwatch characters have personality but there are no rivalry lines and other nice things that tf2 added to give their cast more character.

I'd aruge against that, I actually hate almost all their character designs. The anatomy sucks but it isn't even consistent between characters and despite going for a cartoony look they have a bunch of really detailed shit slapped onto them.

It has some problems with the character design but nothing particular terrible.

Giving half the cast a robot arm comes to mind as being pretty unimaginative,

found the r/tf2 transplant
overwatch is shit, but you're a cuck

yeah, and so far we learned widow is a slut, tracer is a cheerleader that believes in the power of friendship, mccree is an outlaw (such a shock), reaper is spawn, 76 is the punisher, winston is a fucking loser.
Such depth.

I swear it's like they went out of their way to copy liefeld except they don't all have pouches fucking everywhere.

>spray work in pubs
That was removed like 2 years ago

>nothing special
That can be criticized :^)

You're forgetting the huge amount of tf2 players that are poor as fuck and run the game at 12 fps on laptops from 2006

Scout's a hoodlum, Soldier is delirious, Pyro is sooooooo wacky xd, Demoman is sooooo drunk xd, Engineer is a cowboy, Heavy is a manchildren, Medic is insane, Sniper is a professional and Spy is the greatest character from both games and I refuse to reduce him into just one word because he's just too good for that.

I can do this too.

I still think Yahtzee's speech about how corporate the construction of the Overwatch cast was is still the best retort to people dissing TF2.

Compared too soldier who is crazy and.... Or,maybe crazy german doctor? Or le hallucinating pyro?
Wow, such depth.We should burn all books, they are just a waste of space compared to tf2

IMO the edge TF2 has over Overwatch in terms of character design is how on point the humor is and how well they build the cast's personalities from these really basic 1950s/60s caricatures. The team are based around stereotypes, but there's always something about each of them that plays with your expectations: Soldier is supposed to be this unbeatable patriot but he's hilariously, insanely stupid, Heavy looks like this big dumb Russian but he's actually very thoughtful and rational, Medic seems like your typical cold mad scientist but he's actually this childishly happy dude who's always optimistic and excited, etc. Granted, they're not complex, but at least they have personalities that don't just end at "guy who screams memes lmao".

WHY the fuck would tracer ever have a problem killing people who are being healed? She is a certified healslut gustapo, and also possibly the character with the most engagement control in the game. The fuck kind of retarded tracer sits there and shoots someone when there's a mercy ripe for the picking right behind him.

>the characters look too much alike
Go be wrong someplace else

im high af my pal soz

This is too accurate

TF2 characters manage to look samey and at the same time they are far better designed.

The silhouettes and functionalities of the characters all perfectly complement one another. Each class carries out an essential function and is easily distinguishable

The best thing you can say about Overwatch is that d.va and widowmaker are qt

Which isn't exactly high praise for a videogame.

Time for TF3 to BTFO of Overwatch 2bh

As much as I like Overwatch and as ded as TF2 is to me this is absolutely 100% true.

You're right but tf2 is also much more comedic than overwatch, which people clearly respond to. Valve has also had years and years to flesh out these characters.

I never felt overwatch was trying to compete in against valves characters. They just don't go for that comedy angle. Every tf2 character is hilarious. Overwatch is more dramatic.

I love Overwatch, but this is objectively true and anyone saying otherwise is fucking retarded.

Think of how many TF2 quotes/lines you can remember off the top of your head. I can come up with dozens of fantastic dialogue from every single class (excluding Pyro since he doesn't have any). Now how many great dialogue lines can you think of from Overwatch? I can think of exactly one. Overwatch's characters are bland stereotypes with super standard personalites and writing, the entire cast combined genuinely has less personality than one TF2 character.

I love both games, and they really shouldn't be fought over. Now let's all shit on Battleborn

You are ignoring alot of story. I am not.
Fcuk scout is a hoodlum? He was, but due to him working as a merc he actually humbled himself to ask spy to make him into a gentlemen to impress a woman, showing him grow more mature and having different goals then he used to.
The soldier is a nutcase that is extremely nationalist, however even with his stupidity and insanity he is a very loyal friend and is very willing to die for those he trusts.
Heavy is a coldblooded killer that takes pleasure in killing others, that is very simplistic and avoids complex thinking, yet is very family oriented and very much so sees the mercs on his side as an extension of his family, to some degree.
The spy is a seemingly selfish manipulative hitman, but is shown being a voice of reason, however is often annoyed by the teams stupidity.
Pyro, is pyro. So far the overwatch comic has roadhog being pretty similar to him.
I could go on but I'd just say read the comics so I don't spoil everything.

holy shit just take it and shut up

I know the TF2 characters like the back of my hand thank you very much. OW's characters aren't comparable but neither are they describable by just one word, fuck outta here and stop being so hyperbolic.

Soldier is just crazy? You don't wanna mention anything else about the character?
Like how he was innocent enough to befriend the opposite team, and is loyal enough he would take pleasure in being interrogated for information, just so he could not tell them anything?
Or the medic and his nihilistic mindset that he only cares about his research?

Exactly. They are just 'normal guys' and yet they manage to have more personality than any overwatch character. They are even all of ONE gender!

Only thing the Ovwatch cast has on TF2 is 'waifu material' which is frankly pathetic.

Only thing I don't like but understand is how overwatch has no domination lines or weapon specific lines, nor commands like help, turret/sentry ahead, etc.

The roster is bigger so it's more expensive to make more lines and keep the voice cast together for more voice lines.

However that doesn't excuse how overly serious the voice lines are. The ones in tf2 are always full on banter which always cracks me up.

I have seen the trailers/comics for overwatch, the character are just archetypes so far. Aside from junkrat, he is just an anarchist.

>Game A has been out longer than Game B
>Game A has had more time to develop a character than Game B

OP is a retarded faggot as always

The medic is not a sadistic fuck because he enjoys hurting people, the sadism is his preferred method of research he has no loyalty higher then that to science. His overall mindset allows him to separate the humanity from his work so that he may get the most useful raw data.

t. 800 hour on med med main

He's actually a Mexican that wants revenge on Overwatch for reviving him after he died making him a mutilated monster that needs to cover himself up and has to feel constant pain from constantly rejuvinaing his dead body.

The comedy side is his edginess

prove it
If you can't that is no argument

Ok user.

except Game A had all this since release

>Or the medic and his nihilistic mindset that he only cares about his research?
>the guy who kills a mugger and puts his brain in a pumpkin to scare trick or treaters straight about a life of crime, dotes on his birds, and generally seems to love life is nihilistic

Did we play the same game?

Overwatch has had plenty of chances to develop the characters with the shorts/comics and it fell flat on its face.

>>etc
>disgusting neckbeards defending their 'waifu'
pathetic

Sorry for low quality gif.

kek
>Overfags will defend this

>mfw Pyro doesn't have any lines and still had more personality than the Overwatch characters even before the big Pyro update

Killing a mugger and using his brain to change peoples lives seems like someone that doesn't care about anything but results.
You can call it sadistic, nihilistic, or whatever.
But, that is still deeper then just crazy.

Yep.

>Time for TF3 to BTFO

Where is this TF3?

I like how in TF2 most of the time the characters are portrayed as a bunch of retards paid to kill each other, but if one becomes dead serious they are a one man army.

>Let's go practice medicine
Still my favorite from the Meet the Team trailers.

>reaper.gif

Do you think TF2 had anywhere near to the character Overwatch has only 4 months after release?

Actually yes because that's when the meet the ___ videos were coming out in a steady stream

Compare tf2's release numbers to those of Overwatch. Comparing the success of a game that's been out 9 years to one that's been out 4-5 months isn't very fair.

Overwatch has 5 shorts and 8 comics out. TF2 had way more character in the same amount.

why overwatch fags defend this game you ask?

Maybe cause 80% of them haven't even seen a real-life tit other than their mothers'

Is this supposed to make overwatches boring characters better?
Or tf2s interesting characters worse?

I like how no matter how contrarian 50 people are on Cred Forums, it doesn't change the fact that Overwatch characters look more unique, look better, play better, have more interesting lore, and are in a much more beloved and popular game. I love it.

This tbqh

Pretty sure it's implying that given the timeframe tf2 has been able to develop character in, Overwatch would be able to do more.

TF2 voicelines > Literally everything in Overwatch.

me too, i love blizzard games ltd

>Tracer alone is more fun to watch and play as than the entire cast of TF2.

Only if you're watching from behind.

There are people STILL asshurt at Overwatch? Jesus christ, it's been 5 months, just let it go. I don't even understand the point of defending a game that's been dead for literally years and years. Unless OP is one of the furries or BRs that still play the game, which would be embarrassing.

I don't think you know what nihilistic means.

TF2 also has fantastic music. Just wanted to add that.

>"Maybe if I circlejerk with random guys on an anonymous imageboard the popular game that people like a lot will go away."
>"P-please work."
>"Shit its not working!"

>this entire post
at least fucking try

>i like this wacky thing
>MY THING IS BETTER THAN YOURS

>look more unique
too forced

>look better
yeah if you're a fucking weeb, lmao

>play better
kek

>have more interesting lore
yeah if you find sleep interesting

>more popular game
only because it's newer. TF2 is the patrician choice

With about 5 vids out and 8 comics overwatch seems incompetence is the issue, not time.

It's already been five months since I played the open beta? Where does the time go?

To be fair, most of the personality from the TF2 cast was due to fanmade youtube poop and memes.

Every character in Overwatch is the most boring and typical shit ever. They're all movie or anime tropes.

TF2's cast are all the opposite. They have generic names that just say their role, and then they have a lot of character and personality.

This is undeniable.

IDORT

kek, play your popular game all you want, we're just having a discussion

>he got this mad because somebody said something negative about his preferred media
l m a o

underages

unique =/= good

This is one of the most disgusting designs that I've ever seen. Might as well add a my little pony playable character for the sake of more variety at this point

Contrarians just being contrarians. This thread is actually hilarious because it shows how much pain Overwatch causes to fedoras. Everyone is enjoying the game, enjoying talking about it, but in this thread they get to show how hurt they are. Meanwhile the overwatch players outside this contrarian place are just enjoying themselves.

Nihilism means you believe nothing matters in the universe and life is pointless and meaning less. This makes sense as the medic commits crimes against humanity in the name of progress, often treating life as if it has no value.

and look at how incompetent and cringy Blizzard's attempt's was.

The Valve-made stuff was quality m8

>mfw most of Overwatch's fanmade stuff will be porn/erotic
>mfw it's fully intentional from Blizzard and people are eating it up

This doesn't change the fact that you're wrong, unfortunately

>tracer with reaper shotguns

I would not play that game

no

Eh, don't like that character that much. But still looks better than the painfully BLAND and dull designs of TF2. Overwatch characters also have more unique gimmicks too. TF2 is so outdated and uninteresting, that's why it's dead.

>le strong dyke
LMAO

this p much

>damage control
deal with it m8, overwatch will not last as long as TF did

>you now remember D3

Just for you.

Tracer atm is high rate of fire, easy oneshot for zen, mccree, roady, and will be outdamaged in a duel setting if both players it their shots. She should deal more damage per shot, it works better with her flanking playstyle.

>posts meme because he can't refute it
>desperate name calling

Glad I struck a nerve. You played yourself. Congrats.

>But still looks better than the painfully BLAND and dull designs of TF2

Go play league of legends. Each character has exaggerated LOLSORANDUMBXD skins just like how you like them

>TF2 is so outdated and uninteresting, that's why it's dead.

TF2 is dead because valve fucking killed it. That's a fact

the worst part about this design is that if you gave her longer hair and removed the boob plate, she'd be p. good looking, and those two aspects feel so arbitrary that they were probably mandated by the actibliz boardroom members or some other awful higher up other than the artists.

Honestly theres more character in the joke comics than overwatch and their normal comics.

>but muh overwatch
tf2 wasn't even advertised
plus the 35 mil stat is only the steam account numbers. it doesn't count orange box and non steam games sold.

The comics being jokes probably helps build up the characters more. Blizzard is too focused on trying to make a Pixar movie which ends up coming off as incredibly generic compared to TF2 just doing its own thing.

>mfw this thread doesn't affect anything
>TF2 will still be dead and Overwatch will still be more popular
>hipsters will be eternally butthurt

Thank you Blizzard. Thank you.

>because valve fucking killed it
They are in the process of fixing it. Last update was a step in the right direction. Even in this state it's still a lot better than Overwatch. Simply because of the fact the game doesn't have a roulette which character gets to be OP this time around.

>dead games
>top 10 played on steam every day
kek

jesus christ, enough with this "tracer's got a big ass" meme.

If ANYONE in overwatch has an ass, it's widowmaker

and genji

He does it for his own curiosity, but the Meet the Medic outtakes have him say outright that he also at least TRIES to apply what he learns from his experiments to help his teammates. The fact that he even does what he did to the pumpkin guy and brought Sniper back to life sort of proves that. If he was purely nihilistic, he wouldn't give a shit and we'd still have his characterization from when the game first launched and he was still an emotionless autist.

tl:dr: sadism and insanity /=/ nihilism my guy.

>overwatch is popular
nobody is playing overwatch any more

But Blizzard games are the hipster games.

>haha you're mad!!!
You're winner.

TF2
>better gameplay
>more interesting characters
>more varied maps
>many different game modes
>cinematics that aren't just "look at how cool I am"
>character interaction further than "I hate you" or "I like you" like in Overwatch
>free
>character costume customization to a ridiculous degree
>trading
>mods for literally everything that DON'T get you banned like with Blizzard
>sprays

Overwatch
>waifus
>and even then you have SFM with the waifus so that's not even really a point

Whats ol Jay Wilson up to nowadays?

TF2 has plenty of people playing despite it not being the big team-based game anymore. I'm personally just bored of it, and Valve won't do anything to bring people back so whatever.

Dota 2 and CS:GO are their golden geese now anyhow.

>mfw, this post doesn't affect anything.
>People will still play both games because they're good games and nobody's holding a gun to your hold forcing you to play just one.

>pay full price for NEW game, out to replace the OLD
>it's not as good, but it's ok
>someone mentions this fact
>drones now forced to defend their purchase

TF2 became some kind of libertarian-fuelled nightmare where hat-oriented consumerism infects the world

TF2 would have died quietly years ago without all that shit though. But at least it would be remembered as a good game

I really enjoy playing Overwatch and have over 300 hours on it, but I agree TF2 shorts are better.

>all Overfriends can say is ">m-muh damage control'' and ''>m-muh new game more popular than 10 year old game''
kek

Only thing that's bad about her is her hair.
Then again you don't really think about that once you wreck shit when using her though.

I've played a good amount of both, I just think I have more fun with overwatch

The TF2 taunts never get old though.

>using her
PIG

I would have no problem with overwatch, but the fact that it's so popular and is actively ruining other shooter games kills me inside.

It's pretty much the new CoD or Halo of multiplayer shooters. And now we're going to get nothing but clones for the next years.

Well, yeah, obviously you have more fun with it. TF2 is old as shit. Just saying (in a toxic, baity way) that blizzlel failed to improve on it substantially

I want more gametypes tho, that'd be nice to spice up the game again.

Overwatch does get repetitive real quick.

overwatch isnt fun to play at all

while tf2 is an amazing multiplayer experience

It annoys me mainly because Overwatch blatantly ignores good game design in favour of novelty and memes.

CoD 4 and Halo 2 both had well-designed multiplayer (the sequels diluted it a lot though)

>ignores good game design in favour of novelty
well that's bad for Overwatch, isn't it

you didn't even try with this bait

>It annoys me mainly because Overwatch blatantly ignores good game design
Reverse, overwatch only does "good" game design.

And what I mean by that is that it's an enjoyable experience for everyone for a few seconds. Shit like cooldowns, ultimates, and moments of fame. Problem of course is that this makes the game extremely gated.

Also the fucking death ball gameplay is gay.

This whole thread

>Overwatch is too popular therefore I don't like it and it's bad because I don't like it.

Both games are gud.

ya but tf2 doesn't have a hot girl I can spank it to so it's objectively worse

Why do you assume nihilism means having no emotions?
Also, I never said he was purely, nihilistic, just that I think nihilism is a decent trait to attribute to him.

>implying you don't want Heavy's penyus in your pooper

and overwatch does? i hope you arent implying that you jerk off to literal dog eating koreans

They're both shitty meme games but TF2 has way more character than Overwatch which is just inoffensive pandering and tokenism: the game

People love having 10000000 characters to choose from and getting as many customisation options as possible. They love being a special snowflake with their ebin ultimate

This is basically the game equivalent to sexual perversion. Rather than simply enjoying a good game, people have to do this disgusting perverted shit.

fan base took care of that

>implying it's only Cred Forums that calls out identity politics
Nah lol they just go in reverse if Cred Forums were the only people to call out forced diversity then we would be fucked.

FUGG

fuck no
Wasn't implying I was outright STATING
Dogs suck anyway so whatever

Eww plus didn't they make it so that tf2 servers were sv_pure 2 by default so you couldn't use custom models anymore? I remember that Touhou Fortress mod getting killed because of something like that but I haven't looked into it for years so I'm probably remembering wrong or something has changed

I like paladins and tf2 because they both have the fucking engi
>2k16
>still building sentries

you seriously find that more attractive than ANY of the females in overwatch?

seriously?

No. Really?

I have more fun with Overwatch then TF2 these days, but that's down to me already having over 3000 hour logged in TF2.

Overwatch is a fresh experience but it'll never compare to TF2 in terms of longevity and how much fun I had playing it at its peak, especially since Blizzard has made user created content completely verboten.

Pleb. I bet you prefer boobs

The only people who dislike Overwatch are poorfags who have to justify not paying a mere 40$ for one of he most original and content rich e-sports ever.

Why pay for a doomed game?

>Eww plus didn't they make it so that tf2 servers were sv_pure 2 by default so you couldn't use custom models anymore? I remember that Touhou Fortress mod getting killed because of something like that but I haven't looked into it for years so I'm probably remembering wrong or something has changed
Like you jerk it to d.va in game and not drawn pics and fan art.

>implying

>preferring "white males" over spandex ass hot waifu material.
Literal underage faggot.

Someone's never played Torb

she has a cute homely schoolgirl look, it fits the scouts personality
the girls in overwatch were designed purely as waifu bait

literally the only part of overwatch I enjoy

she is literally scout with a ponytail and a slimmed down face

yes
I found quality over the last few years.
Plus only Mei appeals to me, sadly she is the fattest one.
D.VA is a fugly middle schooler

exactly, she looks normal and not over-designed

No, I'd rather play the game then be a retarded engie

>capitalize on TF2
The game is "Free" and the only people playing it are kids and 3rd world niggers. The only way they could save their sinking ship is if the reintroduce skin gambling for kids again.

That's because it was thanks to the fans
The same shit with D.Va, she's supposed to be the "quirky gamur gurl" and then the fans created gremlin d.va and Blizzard capitalized on both instances to make it somewhat canon, now let's wait for dad76 to be canon as well
Honestly, if your fans managed to create a more interesting personalities than you, instead of working with the personalities you created for your characters you are a fucking hack

Pyro is a useless class.

theyre not overdesigned though? I think most of them look just fine.

>this character has a more detailed design, therefore it is overdesigned

"I'm wolverine mean you son of bitch">"MOLTEN COOOOOOOORE"

Doomed?
The game gets regular updates and they listen to the community, unlike Valve who speaks once per year when a lawsuit comes.

getting update soon la

>The game is "Free" and the only people playing it are kids and 3rd world niggers.
This is the worst part about it. If only valve cared to breathe some new life into it

>people shitting on TF2 designs
TF2 designs are great BECAUCE they're simple. Every single one of them has an instantly recognizable silhouette without the need of things like floating orbs or bulky armor. Even when the mercs all on the same team, they still retain individuality by having their own shades of red or blue to stand out even when surrounded by the same color.

OW has great design ideas but you're bullshitting if you don't think TF2 essentially wrote the book on using 'less is more' for character diversity.

>hipsters
>tf2
>hipsters
>game that's been out since 2007
>hipsters
>game that's been constantly tweaked and rebuilt since the 2000's
>hipster
LEAVE

Get Gud

>1-mag
>uses dual pistols

TF2 has the best characters of any online multiplayer game, ever.

Say what you want about it dying, hats, volvo, ect. but the fact that they never made a show out of it whilst the voice actors were still fit is just criminal.

Even if i like Overwatch because of the gameplay i fucking hate the characters, seriously , they are so cringy.
>le gamer girl lol
>le strong dyke
>le death man
>le honorable samurai
>le robot with feelings
>le terrorist joker
>le hype music black dude

It looks like the characters were an OC from a 12.

Team fortress's characters have very minimalistic appearances and they still have their own distinct traits and personalities. Valve does a lot more with less, you could at least acknowledge that.

hmmm

cosmetic made to appeal to degenerate for sales vs core design made to appeal to tumblr for sales

> fans created gremlin d.va and Blizzard capitalized on both instances to make it somewhat canon

Gremlin D.Va is canon now?

>The Magical Mercenary is a community-created cosmetic item
>This item can only be worn around Halloween or during a Full Moon
see also

Don't forget, cosmetic also only available during Halloween or days with a full moon

Blizzard added an emote of her eating doritos and drinking mtn dew as a nod to it

they did? no way

youtube.com/watch?v=cLc0ZYeDLLI

>I love it.

Right back at you. Saying the same about TF2.

godammit

this is their game plan
they want to capitalise on memes, porn and that bullshit tracer ass "controversy" that wasn't totally part of the marketing plan

>Every single one of them has an instantly recognizable silhouette
ironically same thing goes for overwatch

> but you're bullshitting if you don't think TF2 essentially wrote the book on using 'less is more' for character diversity.

I prefer OW's diversity in character and level design to TF2's sameness (which does indeed have itw own charm though).

OW's maps differ a lot in terms of architecture and art style, each of them being quite different from the other. Same goes for the characters

people who are more accustom to the japanese over-designed aesthetic can tolerate overwatch better. they may even prefer it.

Too bad the maps are all garbage from a design standpoint. TF2 has some shitty maps, especially from the earlier days, but I don't think there's a single well designed map in Overwatch.

One thing people forget to mention about TF2 is that you might play only 9 characters, but you're given a plethora of weaponry to change up the playstyle to whatever the fuck you want. Some are subtle sidegrades, and others can completely rework how something else plays.

e.g. Soldier, you have a direct hit which rewards great aim with high power at the cost of a much weaker explosive radius, turning you into much more of a picking off class than a pure burst AoE, being able to one shot a good amount of squishy classes like scouts, snipers, engineers, etc. is pretty nice and makes you pretty good at longer ranges too because of the increased travel speed.

Or Engineer who is seen as more of a defensive turtle, give him a gunslinger and his health goes up + gains the ability to make basically level 1 sentries in a flash in exchange for not being able to make them level 2 or 3, that allows for way more freedom to move about and just let your sentry do its own thing because if it goes down, you can just drop another one down right away. Allows for way more of an aggressive playstyle in exchange for not just sitting in one area waiting for the team to come your way.

if you mean level design / map layout then I get your point

more like
>halloween only costume cosmetic because it's halloween and you dress as something you aren't for fun, where heavy even cracks jokes about being a ballerina with the ballerina cosmetic set
vs
>extremely straight /fit/ very nationalistic russian girl that's innamilitary and hates omnics, the complete opposite of tumblr

Best one from the last thread
>'course a bloody woman needs eight eyes to shoot straight

her background doesn't matter
the vision design has already caught the eye of the overweight pink haired pierced nose tumblr stain(call it "tumblr power fantasy")

>another tf2 v overwatch thread somehow gets over 10 replies
>another thread about "stop liking what I dont like"
kill yourselves newfags

>anime poster
>not contributing to the discussion
where have i seen this before?

because it has an actual point

>m-muh jaded oldfag

youtube.com/watch?v=jym6Js2-wqM

ITT user feeds shitty "trolls"

It's not trolling if they're right