It’s probably too cheap…

>It’s probably too cheap…

Ken Kutaragi on the $499/599 PS3, 2007

>I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world.

Ken Kutaragi on the design of the PS3, 2005

>The Xbox 360 is more of an Xbox 1.5 than a next generation console.

Ken Kutaragi on the design of the competition, 2005"

>Did you see the movie 'The Matrix'? Same interface. Same concept.

Ken Kutaragi on the online capabilities on the upcoming PS3, 2005

>PS3 is 4D

Ken Kutaragi, 2006

>This time, Microsoft has stated clearly that it is going after the PlayStation. However, they're going not after the PlayStation 3, but the PlayStation 2. They were looking at 2, and that's why Xbox 360 became like that.

Ken Kutaragi explains Microsoft’s lack of ambition with the 360, 2005"

>Xbox is 1.5, the PS is more than what I was expecting, so it's 3.5. That's the difference.

Ken Kutaragi explains the difference between the PS3 and 360, 2005

>We're not going to equip the PS3 with an HDD by default, because no matter how much capacity we put in it, it won't be enough.

Ken Kutaragi on why he was hesitant to include a hard drive, 2006

>PS3 is for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one

Ken Kutaragi, 2005

cant beleive at the end of the day, sony managed to sell more units than the 360. people legitimately thought the ps3 would be sonys last console during that time.

>They were looking at [PS2], and that's why Xbox 360 became like that.
welp

>bundle PS vita, PS3 and PS4 sales records together
>LOOK AT HOW MANY OF ALL THESE THINGS WE SOLD!!!
Too bad even that didn't save the Vita

>>It’s probably too cheap…
>Ken Kutaragi on the $499/599 PS3, 2007

That's correct, they lost $200 on each PS3 sold

im talking about individual sales dingus

i thought it was $300

he is totally biased but you can't blame him for thinking that way if he only has Microsoft in his vision. The 360 was kind of an embarassment at that time. Though the Wii smashed everyone, the PS3 still gets quality titles even today.

>the amount of arrogance sony had during the pre launch of ps3

this is what happens when your last two consoles sell 100,000,000+ units each

Xbox 360 was stronger and better than the PS3 in every possible way except the Bluray drive. But even that was supposed to be counterbalanced by the HD DVD. All while releasing sooner and for a decent price. Then came the RROD scandal. But even then the next 360 models were superior to the PS3. For a long time the PS3 had no games and the 360 had a solid library.

Then came the year 2010 and PS3 finally started to compete by getting games and offering an agressive alternative to Gold. Then somehow after all these years and the shitfest that went within it won the 7th gen.

The 7th gen was absolute and utter garbage couple of years after release, but somehow vidya newfags are bitching about this gen's slow start despite the libraries beind decent and no major fuck ups.

The only generation of consoles that had a good start was the 6th one, it's the exception that proves the rule that the start is always shit. 5th gen took years to become good and the saùe can be said of every console that came before.

I'll never forget all the "There will never be a Playstation 4" threads on Cred Forums at the time

Why are you commenting on your own post OP?

you did this yesterday

That's the difference between supporting your console its entire lifespan instead of only bothering for like 2 years and then riding xbl sales and multiplats for the last 6.

>mfw kutaragi-san is this based

They really fucked up with that Cell thing. Early multiplats really showed how the devs were struggling. Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 on PS3 gets like 15fps in split screen terrorist hunt while the 360 ran it fine.

>>We're not going to equip the PS3 with an HDD by default, because no matter how much capacity we put in it, it won't be enough.Ken Kutaragi on why he was hesitant to include a hard drive, 2006
Well he got this one right I guess.

Old unsourced bullshit claim by people who wrote multiple paragraph rebuttals on every single SDF article.

>The only generation of consoles that had a good start was the 6th one, it's the exception that proves the rule that the start is always shit.

GameCube and Xbox didn't have shit at launch because the big titles kept getting delayed, and most of the good launch titles for Dreamcast and PS2 are tepid at best in retrospect. Take off the rose tinted goggles.

>for Dreamcast and PS2 are tepid at best in retrospect
Get the fuck out, PCcuck.

It's not me, I swear. You've got to believe me

Considering how they sold consoles at a loss for a very long time it was a viable outcome.

Back your incorrect opinions up with facts instead of insults, Consolebabby

>Did you see the movie 'The Matrix'? Same interface. Same concept.
>PS3 is 4D
What the fuck did he mean by this?