Name one thing this game did right outside of its soundtrack

Name one thing this game did right outside of its soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=jnBWDd1vsjY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Gs0oqX1gKY
youtu.be/gE2Em0pLuns
youtube.com/watch?v=BV249dfkpY4
youtube.com/watch?v=c9HJTxl15VQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Brought Nintendo fans back down to Earth to remind them that Nintendo wasn't incapable of doing something wrong

That point wasn't fully driven home until E3 2015

Aesthetics were pretty nice for a 3DS game.
That said, it desperately needs a retool (Color Splash scope with a non-screwed battle system).
>Game is called Paper Mario Sticker Star
> you never actually go to the Sticker Star and it's only alluded to minimally.

Great looking environments, some sparse but good dialog from characters like Mizzter Blizzard, Enigmansion is a fun level

Kamek and Bowser Jr were given great personalities pushed even further in Paper Jam

The battle angle

The Puzzles that don't have anything to do with Sticker's, like finding all the secret areas of the deserts to find the tower pieces.

Not holding your hand

The Enigmansion was pretty great, i even liked it better than Color Splash's Dark Bloo Inn

What is the best Paper Mario?

I liked the visuals, more then colour splash actually. Still think that the "hurr the world is made of arts and crafts" is inferior to ttyd's cartoonish style but hey.

Wrong song, OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=_Gs0oqX1gKY

I liked the idea of a Mario world focused RPG

Read that again the "Idea"

It didn't actually do it good, Paper Jam did

It's actually pretty embarassing that they got a second shot with Color Splash, and while it was a Noticable improvement outside the main gameplay, especially the area's, the enemy variety is still garbage, Paper Jam still made better use of the Mario World enemies

As much as the gameplay might be swallow compared to older PM games, it is still a solid ass gameplay. None of the broken shit you see in most games today.

Also, I liked finding the hidden Luigi around.

Yeah, the whole game I was expecting to see some enemies from 3D World or NSMBU, it was cool seeing Dino Rhinos and Ptooies but I wish they would adapt the new stuff rather than just grabbing random things from 3/World.

Either the first or Thousand Year Door. Those are commonly regarded as the best.

I feel that the Artstyle just needs more creative usage

Similar to how TTYD made better use of the original paper Mario's Artstyle

People are only negative about it because it's stuck to bad games with generic area's

What's worse is that they didn't even use characters you expected them to

I wanted to see King Boo with a funky beat damn it

The characters weren't full fucking DeviantArt for once.
Now if only they didn't have the complete opposite problem now.

PM64 was my favorite and I genuinely enjoyed Sticker Star for capturing that same charm as the first game, albeit a bit watered down. Color Splash has got me hyped but I don't have my Wii U hacked, how much am I going to love PMCS?

This

SPM went too far

How do you fuck up twice?
youtu.be/gE2Em0pLuns
blooper might still be objectively the best track
I enjoyed the phase Nintendo had making jazzy soundtracks to this, Mario kart 8 and 3D World

I want to give the guy who made Petey's battle theme a firm handshake

Seriously listen to this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=BV249dfkpY4

>SPM
Nigga that had great characters

If you somehow liked Sticker Star you'll like Color Splash a shitload.

I'm talking about designs

In that case, you have a point.
Still, I feel that Super Paper Mario is a much better game then people give it credit for.

Because Intelligent Systems is fucking lazy. Alpha Dream has always been superior.

I think Wendy worked well as the boss, it would make sense and have been cool to see King Boo in the parallel universe though. That whole chapter was pretty lacking as minibosses went.

This actually sounds like a Paper Mario song.

I agree

I still really fucking love how they made Buzzy Beetle attack in Paper Jam that was surprisingly awesome

The level design and chapter set-ups are beyond reproach from the rest of the series. World 2 is exceptionally impressive.

Its more open nature also makes it feels more like an adventure than a linear game unlike TTYD and Super Paper Mario. After Color Splash and PM64 it has the best art style in the series.

Also despite him not speaking it does Bowser's character more justice than Super Paper Mario did.

youtube.com/watch?v=c9HJTxl15VQ

It fixed some of the incorrect designs they were using.

Most of the old designs are better, Spiny is not among them though.

It invented Sombrero Guys

I prefer the majority of the older designs, I guess I can agree the Spiny looks better though. I mostly miss the old Koopa Troopas with shades, bracelets & collars.