Let's discuss Dishonored 2. Honestly, it's best looking game in this year so far

Let's discuss Dishonored 2. Honestly, it's best looking game in this year so far.
Gameplay video
youtube.com/watch?v=6cZYOp0_NDI

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/403640/
n4g.com/news/1921582/dishonored-2s-gay-and-bisexual-characters-will-be-prominent
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Smith_(game_designer)
twitter.com/Harvey1966
youtube.com/watch?v=T5Ymh_wHjaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2LjrtJt-X0
youtube.com/watch?v=4pmorTLq9_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>forced female protagonist

dropped.

best looking in what way? graphics or gameplay?

>forced
you can play as Corvo

>he still doesn't know you can choose between Emily and Corvo
fuck outta here

>SJWhonored
no thanks

store.steampowered.com/app/403640/
>pre-order DLC
Nice buzzword

First one was a pretty meh game so I haven't got my hopes up.

>a game by harvey smith
>not leftist garbage
ok bro lol

First one was very good.

n4g.com/news/1921582/dishonored-2s-gay-and-bisexual-characters-will-be-prominent

But you're wrong. How were Deus Ex and Dishonored leftist?

Mostly artstyle.
I really like games with unusual settings

>magic powers in a stealth game
Dropped. You think they would have learned the first time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Smith_(game_designer)
>Lead Designer on Deux Ex
I don't see the SJW stuff

Dishonored 2's gay and bisexual characters will be 'prominent,' says the game's co-creative director, Harvey Smith.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

>Magic shadows, rope and moss arrows in a stealth game
Dropped. You think they would have learned the first time.

>what is Thief
>only source is a tweet

have you got a better source than a tweet?

hope you pre-ordered my game guys

twitter.com/Harvey1966

#womenpower

#fuckwhitey

Realistic stealth game is impossible anyway. It would be absurd to try MGS or sprinter cell shit in real world, because blind and deaf people are not usually hired as guards

>he just learned about Harvey Smith

Are you 15 or something?

i hope I'll die soon coz I'm not black and gay

Guessing you're not really into stealth games much, because it felt like it didn't know whether it wanted to be Hitman or Bioshock.

I see one of these about every day.

Honestly no user, it does not look like the nicest game coming out. Being a Pcuck I have to admit that PS4 has some nice looking games coming out, and Dishonored really doesn't have shit on them. It'll be the same dra, boring slugfest of 'hey, don't kill anyone, but lets give you a ridiculous amount of moves to be able to kill people.'

At this point, it's obvious someone is shilling this game from bethesda internal. No one is excited for this game except maybe the people who played the first game and other people who will eat shitthesdas works up. Stop shilling this game.

>I can't separate a creator from his work

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Btw why is everybody is a solider in some bullshit political war now?
How pathetic you must be to become a mindless drone for some idea?

>hey, don't kill anyone, but lets give you a ridiculous amount of moves to be able to kill people
They've said that they are giving more non-lethal option.

The thing is I never considered it a stealth game in the first place.
Or maybe you treat Deus Ex as a stealth game?

t. tidus

Welcome to neo-Cred Forums

hooboy. even if you couldn't also play as corvo, care to explain how emily doesn't make sense as the protag for the sequel and is "forced"?

>Being a Pcuck I have to admit that PS4 has some nice looking games coming out
haha you are calling someone else a shill

>sprinter cell
delete this

Does anyone know how choosing Corvo or Emily changes the story (i.e. Does the other one die)?

Preordered it literally the second it was announced at E3.

You guys can scream alt-right buzzwords all you want while I'll be busy playing the Game of the Motherfucking Decade.

reminds me of bioshock infinite

Art direction is pretty cool

>Preordered it
>when it has preorder DLC
I'm gonna be waiting for the Complete Edition like with the First game.

is that a good thing? bioshuck infantshit was terrible

C U C K O L D
U
C
K
O
L
D

>demoing an FPS via a controller
>glowing quest markers
>cinematic first person kills
>ezpz stealth (pic related)
>video starts literally on rails

would buy for the aesthetics

I'm assuming that one of them dies, depending on who you choose to play and High/Low Chaos.

Total guess based on nothing, but you know it's going to happen.

For example, I'd guess Corvo's High Chaos ending is something like "He won, but at what cost? He reclaimed the Dunwall throne, but lost his daughter, the empress, the one who should be seated upon it."

B U Z Z W O R D
U
Z
Z
W
O
R
D

more likely, it wasn't sure if it wanted to be Thief or Bioshock and went with Bioshock

Daud DLC was very Thief though, and with Steven Russell and some of the changes it looks like they're trying to implement more of Thief's character and ideas into Dishonored this time around. The cinematic trailer gives off strong Metal Age vibes imo. Don't see much in common with Hitman other than being an assassin

Sounds like a youtube comment

no, i'm not a cuck supporting sjw garbage. go shill this shit elsewhere

pls buy

looks like they decided to make the game completely unbalanced again. Shame, the first game had some potential going for it but the game was completely broken with no sense of level design or challenge. This looks even worse, especially with the parallell universe mechanic.

I bought Dishonored three times, the tie-in novel, and the art book.

I'm giving Arkane all my money for being one of the only quality devs left in the industry. I'm also a "dirty leftist" so I love them even more.

Stay mad.

Art style was the only good thing about Infinite.Early 20th century aesthetic is heavily underused in media.
Once the shooting began game turned to shit.
Only imagine a Deus ex like game in Infinite setting.

THIS !!! #GAMERGATE guys #notyourshield

It looks pretty good I suppose.
I'm just trying to get in the mood to replay the first one since I never tried the DLCs, but I'm not really feeling it yet. My immersion-autism always bothers me when deciding whether to be lethal, since it's a lot more fun, but it also gives you a worse ending and it doesn't really seem fair to slaughter guards who are just doing their jobs.

I just hope it's a lot longer.
For a single player only game, Dishonored 1 was criminally short even if you explore, and it ends right as you're starting to get the feel of it.

I've finished Dishonored 1 a few months ago, it's a game that has a ton of potential that is completely ruined by a completely fucked up power balance. Who the fuck thought that giving you Blink as the first power was a good idea? It trivializes the rest of the game, even at the hardest difficulty level.

You basically have to force yourself not to abuse the powers to make the game interesting. It's really a shame.

Also sometimes it's hard to figure out what you need to do if you don't use a guide. There are a few instances where the game has its own bizaro logic, especially if you go for a completely non-lethal run.

In the end it wasn't bad but it really felt casualized to the max.

the first game let you turn all the individual UI parts off iirc

>never tried the DLCs

Criminal. It's widely accepted (among people who actually played 100% of Dishonored) that the Daud campaign is far better than the main game. If you played Dishonored but not KoD/TBW, you missed most of the best stuff.

Then play with no powers in Dishonored 2?

But it does user

Console vs Pc war aside, some titles actually look nice on the system. Now, whether or not they can be categorized as games is questionable

fuck off you fat cow

I know, but I played it right on launch and once those DLCs came out I had moved on to other stuff. I'll definitely try and get around to them before release if I can. But I still think I'll wait for reviews in case it's only 6 hours long or something.

Arkane is all about choice. You can use all your powers as a supernatural serial killer, or you can beat the entire game without killing a single person or using a single magic power. There are achievements for beating the game without even BUYING (much less using) a single power.

Funny how everyone seems to claim the devs "force" you into playing a certain way, when actually I think it offers more choice in gameplay style than 95% of all games.

You're supposed to be overpowered, at least that seems like what the people at arcane wanted it to be like, but I don't think they did a great job of implementing it.

Considering most die-hard fans will play D2 four times (Emily/Corvo + High/Low Chaos) at the very least, I'm not concerned at all that I won't get my money's worth in terms of gameplay hours.

I will admit, though, if you're the kind of person that can only bring himself to play a game once, it's not a ton of playtime.

I played Daud's campaign over a year after beating Dishonored originally, and I still enjoyed the fuck out of it. Totally worth playing, man. Especially since Daud's campaign sets up D2 a lot more than Corvo's campaign does.

>That moving mansion in OP's video

Is there an actual dev better than Arkane at level design nowadays?

But that's like playing Doom by using melee only or something like that. It's doable but it's kind of lame if that's the only way to make the game challenging, the powers in Dishonored are really cool but way too overpowered. If they had just reduced mana regen for instance so that you couldn't blink ad infinitum, that would change the gameplay for the best IMO.

Of course you can just decide to limit yourself but it's hard to gauge how you should do that during a first playthrough. Playing Dishonored with zero powers sounds boring to be honest.

Well I hope they'll revisit that for the sequel at least.

I imagine I'd like to replay it, but I still think it's kind of a bad excuse to have player agency count as an excuse for the game being short.

It's not really an excuse, it's just that it takes way more time than streamline the levels like in Bioshock for exemple.

Also this, from a strictly lore viewpoint.

Corvo is SUPPOSED to be overpowered as fuck. The whole point is that it's fucking terrifying if this guy is coming for you because your fortress full of guards won't do shit to stop him. He wants revenge, he has superpowers from the Whale Devil, and he will wreck your shit before you even know he's in the room.

Have you played any mods yet? I hear they make it more difficult.

2 has an option built into the game to just completely not have powers, you can turn them down when offered.

Literally no.

Plus that view of the entire island from the outside balcony? I would unironically call it breath-taking. Arkane's art direction is second to none in my book.

The new game is supposed to have lots of difficulty settings (guard vision cones, being seen when leaning, etc)

>I hate how you have all these crazy powers
>"then don't use powers...?"
>playing Dishonored with zero powers sounds boring

Jesus Christ, just go away then.

On one hand, I'm really excited that we'll be given a fuckton of options to tailor the game to our exact desired difficulty.

On the other hand, faggots will still find something inane to bitch about.

Time to rewatch Volound and StealthgamerBR's videos so I can train to at least pretend to be badass in preparation for this.

Snake is also supposed to be a legendary super soldier in MGS, doesn't mean the game can't be challenging. So is Doomguy in Doom and basically half of videogame protagonists which are supposed to be "chosen ones" or whatever bullshit of the day.

How is that not a receivable argument? I understand that some people might not mind the lack of difficulty as much as I do but in what world isn't "the game is balanced like shit" a constructive criticism? Stop being so defensive with your pet games holy shit.

No, I only played through the main base once doing a fully non-lethal run at the highest difficulty setting. I hoped that there would be a new game + where I could keep my powers and do a genocide run but when I saw that I had to start back from scratch I gave up.

Again, that's nice but it feels like playing VtM without using any vampiric powers or something like that. I'd feel like I'm missing on some of the fun. I'd still want the option to use the powers but I'd like not to feel like I'm cheating when I do. IMO playing without powers should be an optional "extreme mode" for people who finished the game and want an additional challenge, not the regular way to have a challenge during a first playthrough.

That sounds more promising.

Dishonored is not about challenge, it's about player choice and creativity.

If the game was too challenging, shit like this would never be possible:
youtube.com/watch?v=T5Ymh_wHjaQ

Why not? And I never said anything against difficulty levels anyway, if you're fine with the difficulty as it is then more power to you. I'm just saying that the highest difficulty tiers should rebalance the powers in a way that makes more sense.

Hopefully 2 will be better, more options to use your powers non-leathally should be cool.

Are the any mods, visual or gameplay wise, worth using for the first game?

Funny, blink is what i love about the game the most.
Its stealth done right, problem is that you are overpowered in combat.
If you failed a blink, and actually got fucked up in return there would be this huge pressure to make each use perfect,

I would sole this by having you pick which set outsiders powers you get.
>1 blink, and other utility spells
in return you cant really fight anyting more than 1v1, and still 1v1 is hard
>2 increased health, strength, and combat skills
in return you cant use blind or any mobility spells, but can fight groups of enemies

Also who i didnt like is how wasted of potential Outsider is. Hes literally God of Dishonored world, and hes pushed out into basic 2 minute narrative dumps every 3 or so hours,
Also the cancer that is Silent Protagonist must go away for ever.

Glad to see they still have the same visual "everyone is slightly ugly"-style on the NPC faces.

Ultimate Difficulty I think.
I've never used it to be honest

Looks pretty good.
Haven't been following the game too closely over the last months though, what are some noteworthy stuff they're adding this time around outside of new magic abilities?

Who was the stranger. Did they expand on this anywhere.

if this does not use Shitnuvo I will buy it day 1. Loved Dishonored 1 and replayed it recently again.

Wow, that is one cringy video, couldn't even make it past 3 minutes.

Some little cuckold who was sacrified to the void according to harvey.

The Outsider was hinted by some crazy old woman to be connected to the whales, or is some void whales avatar or some shit.

In the second game he's apparently just some kid who got god powers and was bored.

I don't know if you meant that ironically but I kinda like it, at least it has a distinctive art style which is more than most game can say these days.

My main problem with the visuals of the first game was the blurry textures but it seems the jump to current-gen improved things a lot. It's not the most impressive game ever but it looks pretty good IMO.

I hope they will tell about other people marked by Outsider in the game. At the moment of first game 8 people in the world were marked.

haven't kept up with this
does corvo get new abilities or is it just emily who gets the new stuff?

Each mission will have a unique theme (random sand storms, mechanical mansion, time travel mission, etc.).
There is the fact you can now upgrade your powers lethally or non-lethally
You can refuse the outsider his powers.

Haven't finished the book yet, sorry. I'm actually not even very far, maybe 60 pages. It came out Tuesday and my job has been crazy lately. All I know is the Stranger has Outsider powers. He's used Blink, possibly(?) Bend Time, and something new -- he can walk into, travel between, and exit from any mirror.

I will maybe pirate it. The first one was a solid 4/10 did not finish the second level.

9 including Emily.

Fuck me, I thought was asking about the new antagonist in the novel, not The Outsider. Never mind my thing, I guess.

>Xbox One

>>magic powers in a stealth game
>Dropped. You think they would have learned the first time.

You're playing it wrong. It's a killing game. With non-lethal ghosting as an after thought. The powers are there to set up interesting kills. Even with the non-lethal tools in the sequel it's still the same thing, setting up ambushes and not ghosting.

fuck is up with the DOF on the tools

at its core, you're still killing the same single unchanging dude over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

I mean I'll play it or watch it, but I wont be having fun

>'hey, don't kill anyone, but lets give you a ridiculous amount of moves to be able to kill people.'
You are allowed to kill people in D1 and get the good ending, you just shouldn't kill lots.

Honestly, looks interesting, and I loved Dishonored,, but as anything that comes with account tying/DRM on PC, I'll just wait for when it reaches the consoles 5 bucks second hand bin.

Not worth more.

>no sense of level design

Is level design becoming a new meme?

I'm the guy who bought Dishonored three times. I'll buy it for PC again once the GOTY comes out. I can't stress enough how much money I give to Arkane. I'm an idort with a good job, so meme all you want, mustard.

The second level is when it gets good though.

The prison is alright, but underwhelming in comparison to the rest of the game.

Im sorry are you trying to say that piss easy games with only 1 or 2 monster types are GOOD?

are you actually saying that this perversely backwards interpretation of quality, where the presentation is perfect, and all gameplay is replaced by some meaningless 'choice,' so that complete mongoloids can finish the game by running right up to every enemy and swordfighting it is GOOD?

this is how powerful the brainwashing is, how little you resist the programming

The Boyle Mansion is one the coolest missions in any game ever.

Don't engage retards who didn't even make it past the tutorial.

>there is no such thing as objectivity

fuck off retard

>oh no, people can have fun with the game regardless of skill level or stealth/combat preference!

Then leave us to our "shitty" game and fuck off to whatever hardcore dogbarf you want.

>I only see black and white

Voting for Trump, eh?

remember when games were fun

Dishonoured was designed to be a "play your way" kind of game, much like the original Deus Ex.

Given all the options you have in Dishonored, I'd say it achieved what it set out to do.

all of human history will leave you behind is more like it

the laborer class needs opiates to make itself feel good

"ooh look at me I can use 40 different spells to kill 5 different enemies, i is bioshock + dishonored master huh huh huh im like that youtube videos STABBY ZOOM"

well the turds that come out of my ass are designed to smell really bad so I don't confuse them with food

autism

Had to stop watching because spoilers, but I think this vid sold me, looks fucking amazing.

what about good stealth gets Cred Forums so triggered?

it's an upcoming game, so Cred Forums HAS to shit on it.

It's practically policy.

I played the first one in a Bioshock style. It was quite good that way.

>playing as a dude with tits because current year

No, thanks. Let me know when Dishonored 3 gets teased.

You can't really cry about buzzwords when you're using a made up media term like "alt-right."

play as dude without tits

>inb4 it's going to be easy as piss like the first one and you'll have to rob yourself of the experience of abilities to even give yourself the slightest challenge at all

No irony, its a neat style and fits the british theme well. Theres a lot of ugly people living in that god-forsaken island.

Judging by the first title it's going to be bad stealth. Not because the mechanics aren't there, but because it's utterly easy.

you can play as Garrett the Master Thief you mongo bongoloid

Thanks, but no thanks. If they're going to throw the already tired and played out strong woman meme, the series is already dead.

Too bad, the art direction looked interesting.

oh I've taken the bait

>4:38
>vaping from mechanical hand

Fucking dropped. This shit has all kinds of numale written on it.

>all these shitposters

Fuck, yeah harvey is a SJW but he keeps it from being apparent in his games. Arkane is one of the last few good studios left, and seeing as how they're beginning to implement features from previous games like Dark Messiah is actually getting me hyped.

Superior Corvo playthrough
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2LjrtJt-X0

>the player isnt dogshit
>he actually explores

thanks user, OP should of linked this, ign is shit

>all these shitposters

Welcome to any Dishonored thread ever

dumb frogposter

>mfw watching her putting the guards to sleep
youtube.com/watch?v=4pmorTLq9_s
I'm totally making a mod for this.

Has anyone read The Corroded Man yet? Anyone check out the comics?

Looks pretty but boring. I had more hype going into the video than after I finished.

>made up media term like "alt-right."
We've been calling ourselves that way before the media picked up on it.

Please lead a healthy life and have children with a woman of your race. Thank you, have a nice evening, Anonymous.

How is it boring?

>Please lead a healthy life and have children with a woman of your race.
but humans can only impregnate humans anyway

that video is ign so of course it was shit, see

Those clockwork soldiers look awesome and intimidating, but then fighting them, they looked weak and easy to kill. She had more trouble killing the one female guard than the first two machine sentries. The guy on the loud speaker keeps talking about her while she's 20 feet away from guards and the guard AI's don't react to their boss practically saying "The intruder is IN THIS ROOM!"

I'm not looking for perfection, but there are too many things that make this look like it won't be too fun.

This demo was set on easy mode so that game journalists don't die and experiment with powers.
Might be different in very hard.

It's a Dishonored 2 thread, user. I'm not about to get into human biodiversity here. You can look the topic up on your own, it's quite interesting.

>this game sounds too easy
>you can turn off the powers
>wtf thats boring
>you can change the difficulty levels in detail
>the game is unbalanced shit stop defending ur pet game idiots
????
Do you play every game on easy then complain its too easy also?

>this game is too easy
>you can turn off half the players abilities and it becomes harder!
It's a legitimate complaint. I can play Doom without using any weapons and it's harder, that doesn't mean it's any fun to play

>no collectors edition in EU