Did Bethesda just ignore everything Obsidian did to fix Fallout out of spite or pure stupidity?

Did Bethesda just ignore everything Obsidian did to fix Fallout out of spite or pure stupidity?

Casuals keep rewarding their stupidity with better sales so they're not going to stop casualizing their games anytime soon.

Both

They realized they can't compete. They trashed what they did in FO3 and they brought something more simple to do

To be honest, between FO3's skills system and FO4's i prefer the latter (I prefer NV overall, but i'm just comparing those two)

Bethesda just can't make RPGs, instead of doing what a normal developer would do (Expand on the parts of the gameplay that worked) they do the opposite, they just strip down shit and remove any depth the game could've had to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Everyone HAS to be a winner in Bethesda's game

Its going to sell either way, and a braindead lowest common denominator game will sell better than a smart but more difficult to grasp game.

Its the same deal with open world games these days like Shadows of Mordor or that mad max game. Braindead games that you can't lose at, and where you just follow an objective marker to a generic loot item until you find them all, and do the same thing with minigames / "challenges".

The result of aggressive "broadening of target audience"

I like how this conversation goes

>Bethesda's games are wrong becuase X, Y and Z
>get responded with "lol no, because reviews say it is amazing!"

I understand people can enjoy games like FO4 and i certainly did too, but some things can't be overlooked

Cred Forums is just playing the memetic edgy hater again
Fallout was never good, the original ones were mediocre cRPGs, NV was a bugged mess with half a dozen DLC.

I agree, but thats where the mods come in for me.
Modded New Vegas is great
Modded FO4 is meh

>the originals were mediocre

Modded New Vegas is still empty as fuck.
Modded Fallout 4 isn't finished yet.

Fallout 4
>outsold New Vegas
>got higher critical reviews
>is hated by contrarianfags on Cred Forums

It's over bros, Bethesda won and Obsidian a shit.

Oh wow, no arguments here boss!

They only understood the secondary/tertiary things that made Fallout interesting when they took it over

DUDE 50'S LMAO
DUDE NUKES LMAO
DUDE VAULT BOY LMAO

Well, to each its own, there is plenty to do in NV in my opinion

I don't hate FO4, i really liked my first playthrough, but it could've been so much more

I can't really argue with you on outselling because either shit games have sold like hotcakes with just marketing, and after games like Gone Home and Firewatch got 10/10 GOTY i just don't trust official reviews anymore

Besides you know there is something wrong when the score FO4 has is above 90 and the user score is like 40

Lets see Obsidians fixes.

Railroaded story.Any one else head south?

One faction was retarded beyond comprehension.
"They have a wood fort and spears we would need a prewar airstrike to dislodge them"

Another faction they didn't even bother to finish.
At least there are 784 ways to deal with Benny.

Companions are either shitty or bugged.

There is a reason Obsidian is making WoT ripoffs to keep the lights on.RPGs just aren't their strong suit.

Consoles have mods now.
The "mods will fix it" myth has been debunked.

>and the userscore is below 40
Many users gave the game a zero or very low scores without any reasoning shitting on the game just because they're salty or biased.
Most reviewers beside the big ones aren't biased or paid.

>Besides you know there is something wrong when the score FO4 has is above 90 and the user score is like 40
Yes, the score from actual reviewers is high and the one that can be spammed by angry duplicate accounts with no oversight is low.

But that's generally Cred Forums's groupthink, isn't it? It doesn't matter what objective standard you can measure a game by, it never counts if the pervading thought on Cred Forums is that the game sucks.

Fallout 4 was sold to more people. More reviewers liked it. More awards and accolades were given to it. These are all facts.

Facts that are immaterial because Cred Forums's muh feels say otherwise.

>Most reviewers beside the big ones aren't biased or paid.

So what are you implying, that Beth also bribed dozens of bumfuck reviewers nobody has heard about like Meristation, Pelit, The Digital Fix, JeuxActu, I'm just copying those names from the metacritic site.

>spammed by angry duplicate accounts
>bethdrone botnet isn't a thing

Fact is you liked that turd and Cred Forums don't eat shit

I haven't played FO4, but did they really get rid of skill checks?

Autismal defense mechanism & mental gymnastics

I think there is a grand total of 1 or 2 skill checks (Pointless of course) besides Charisma, and even then all that Charisma does is getting you more caps or more unnecesary info, the worst part is that the skill check is % based, so even someone with 1 Charisma can bruteforce the check since they let you save before picking anything, unlike NV where you can't save mid conversation

Man i just don't know why people defend shit like this

Who knows if they did or if they didn't. But if you think that Fallout 4 felt like a good RPG, while at the same time have almost no qualities of an RPG, then obviously there is something wrong. Hell just comparing the two you can see that New Vegas offers more variety and options than FO4 ever could. On top of that how do I know if these reviewers have played the previous games to know where the series has came from, and the differences of how it is today?

Most people just savescum before the conversation. Or you max out Speech by level 8 and pass 60% of all checks

>New Vegas
>Speech check is used to skip certain parts of a quest or to come to a non-violent conclusion to the problem

>Fallout 4
>Charisma is nothing but "Can i have 50 more caps?" or, "I will say two more extra lines of dialog that change nothing of what we are going to do"

Even if u can savescum in both games, the fact that Bethesda just allows you to savescum and bruteforce the checks comes out as really lazy from their part

How do you do skill checks if there are no skills? Everything is a perk now.

Granted there are better RPGs out there but it has been a dire year (or two years) if the best game you've received is a pale slav in an open world crafting monster slaying empty space wandering simulator with sub-par story and less RPG elements than Fallout 4

>defending FO4 at all
>Main character builds a teleporter based on "schematics" made by a guy who had a job that had no relation to quantum physics

And i just picked that example out of the other 1400. Its amazing that people defend that piece of shit game to this day

anyone who defends fo4 is literally a troll dont take it personally

it's like Diablo 3 threads nobody here gives a shit about it so a few autists post it to stir up shit

>if the best game you've received is a pale slav in an open world crafting monster slaying empty space wandering simulator with sub-par story and less RPG elements than Fallout 4
Are you bringing up the Witcher in an attempt to excuse good reviews for Fo4? Just because the Witcher 3 was lackluster it does not excuse the way Fo4 was made. If you were to play the two back to back you can easily see that things have been stripped away and any kind of RPG element the fallout games once had has now been streamlined or dumb down to the point that its not even enjoyable.

fucking disgusting

Yeah you're talking about games which basically lived off having walls of flavor text and pretend-situations whereas the actual gameplay was pure pixelshit
You could reduce a modern game to pixel graphics and instead give them a great deal of rpg mechanics and a halfway decent story but nobody would buy it.
Or you could wait for Obsidian to bring you another Fallout spinoff with the same frameworks from Fallout 4.
Then you could blame all shortcomings on Bethesda and praise it for the third coming of Jesus (the second was NV)
What are you expecting here, that developers start catering to your antique shitty taste?

There is the very real possibility people give no fucks about things you care a great deal about.

Most people when faced with the question of "What do they eat ?" in three comes up go "Huh" and continue on.

Some spend a great deal of time on this detail.
Perhaps they score higher on the autism scale than others.

Bethesda...not for autists.

They could've written around that. Maybe he grabbed a stack of important tech notes on his way out to give himself some ideas to play around with in his new lab. He's clearly crafty.

It's not autism as much as stopping to think. Some people don't slow down for a second, and they never notice how there's no food around. The problem is when you actually sit there and get to think, "wait, how the hell does that robot cook noodles when there's no way to get the ingredients nearby and the stockpiles couldn't last 200 years".

If you keep running around shooting things instead of thinking, you'll be happier in Fallout 3/4.

>x is better because reviews say so!
>x won more goty rewards!

Even if Obsidian made a Fallout spinoff it would still be shit due to it relying on the framework of Fallout 4. No skills and a voiced character are two things, that for me, break the immersion experience of an RPG. It prevents me the player from feeling that my character is unique from other save files I have.
Also
>antique shitty taste
What about my taste is "antique" if I might ask. People wanted an RPG not a casual shooter, if I wanted to play a shooter or even a survival centered shooter I'd play Metro. Also if the developers were not catering to people who wanted an RPG then who exactly were they catering to with Fo4? Casuals? In an attempt to gain more profits while at the same time alienating loyal fans that they have garnered? If so then that is a terrible business practice that prevents me from supporting a company like Bethesda, and you probably shouldn't support them either.

They made a lot of changes to 3 when they made NV. They could make a lot of changes to 4 as well.

iirc there was one science check i remembered that required a certain rank of the science perk

>Complaining about the single thing the game actually got right
Is your brain rotten or something weeb poster? You are complaining about literally the only thing Bethseda got right, this is the first Bethesda game were the combat doesnt suck total dick.

I want to replay NV now

>anime picture
Opinion discarded in 1.56 seconds

Neither. They did it out of arrogance, arrogance they've earned from their commercial success.

The majority of the video gaming public considers Bethesda to be the final authority on what constitutes Fallout. And by the capitalistic system that runs the industry, they are.

>this is the first Bethesda game were the combat doesnt suck total dick.
Really? Thats why no matter what weapon I use I can easily beat the shit out of anything right? Don't even have to worry about if the enemy is really armored or not. On top of that lets look at how the rifles and shotguns in Fo4 work when it comes to reloading. What I'm trying to say is that besides breaking immersion there is nothing there to make you feel challenged because every weapon can be used to kill any enemy with relative ease.

>Goes on Cred Forums
>Hates anime
sasuga

Changes? Only thing Obsidian actually added was factions and a better story
Everything else was already done with Fallout 3 or mods predating the NV release.

Cred Forums is about edginess since poltards took over. Anime doesn't matter here anymore.

i actually prefer that fallout 3 had shit combat outside of VATS so it forced you to use it, which in turn made it feel a lot more turn based and authentic combat wise

whenever i play through new vegas i always get lazy and stop using vats after a while, and it just ends up being a shooter with shitty mechanics

im strictly talking about combat here, yes new vegas is a better game so dont explode about it you fucking autists

And surplus ammo

And different ammo types

And the reloading bench

And the process of recycling energy ammo

And weapon mods

And minigames like Caravan

Animefags are have always been and will always been more obnoxious than stormniggers

>Everything else was already done with Fallout 3 or mods predating the NV release
>mods

He was saying Obsidian's new Fallout would be the same as 4 on every level. They changed 3 significantly to make NV, and having features from some mods is part of it. It shows they can make changes, who cares where the ideas came from?

>muh Cred Forums boogieman
ok pal

Obsidianfags are still assblasted over Fallout 4? The sad thing is you faggots will never even get another Fallout game from Obsidian.

>or mods predating the NV release.
Yeah like how Fo4 had DLC of what modders already did

Yeah I forgot about Caravan and gambling. All the other things were available as mods, even several survival mods and very basic settlement mods were available before NV came out

>All the other things were available as mods
proof?

Fallout New Vegas was a Fallout 3 mod.

They didn't change it so dramatically, that's my point. They took 3, painted it yellow instead of green, sewed a story together, clatched a few mods onto it and dumped it into a big pile of sand. Of course Obsidiots ate it up like good retards.

Just realized something, How many modern gamers are there where you can actually lose. Lose ,lose, the kind where you have to restart. (rouge-likes, death grinds not included)

off yourself. some people liked FO4. get over it cuck.

I think the issue with fallout 4, besides the samy-ness that inevitably shows up in open world games, is just how much effort they put in the first 1-3 hours. What can compare to those first 3 hours? Fallout 3 had a pretty big opening, and showed basic mechanics and structures of the game, there is nothing in that opening (3) that isnt in the rest of the game. Fallout 4 on the other hand includes some things that arent common in the rest of the game, the character animations and comments more specifically, it was a very over done opening. New Vegas just sorta drops you off with a little go here if you want to learn this, otherwise you can just piss around.

Fallout 3 had better world design than New Vegas. Neckbeards will deny this.

lol

how's that laughable you cuck? new vegas had shitty "atmosphere"

Skills were kind of fixed by increasing the variety and number of speech checks where you can use them, but also by working them into the various workbench and campfire recipes. Repair still has the function of keeping your weapon in working order, but as a kickback you can make all kinds of junk out of it and occasionally give a different response in dialogue.

I preferred the arrangement of weapons in NV too, with tiers and weapons that could be pushed to be a little better, like upgrading the 9mm SMG with a weapon mod specific to it instead of a generic resource that you're better off saving for a better gun. The result of upgrading its fire rate and magazine is that you have a gun that lets you continue using 9mm for a little longer into the next 'tier'. Different ammo types and certain perks mean you can extend that usage further still.

Bethesda are better than Obsidian at creating overworlds. That's just a fact.

Also that companion wheel. I miss that companion wheel.

>its a Cred Forums pretends everyone hates FO4 and thinking anyone gives a shit about 3/NV episode