Gamestop story thread/

Gamestop story thread/
>Walk into Gamestop with my Mcflurry
>wageslave seems annoyed with me just hanging out there for an absurd amount of time playing Halo 3 on the console
>he eventually comes and changes the game to some stupid racing game to get me out of there
>as I walk past the counter on my way out I lose my Mcflurry on the floor and spill most some of it out on the carpet
>I bend down and let out a good ol stinky fart, pick up the flurry and leave with a smug face
>motherfucker deserved cleaning that shit up with my ass stank in the air.

You should have added some smaller insignificant detail to add a bit more realism to this.

It's just a bit too obvious, but you've got potential.

that actually happened, deal with it kid.

>switching Halo 3 to a racing game

What a faggot. I don't get it though, he switched it while you were playing?

Some kid from reddit saw this kind of threads before and he's trying to fit in

Report and hide, let the thread die

>regular at my local GameStop
>go there on an almost daily basis for a couple hours a day
>generally just hang out, play game demos, chat with customers and employee, tell them interesting trivia like Nintendo having partial ownership of the Seattle Mariners (I live in the Washington state), sometimes bring them Little Hug juices and packs of peanut butter crackers
>things go without a hitch for a long time
>one day, some manager or something shows up to cross some T's and dot some I's to feel in charge
>he leaves and comes back a couple hours later
>he looks annoyed and is pointing at me, asking employees what I'm still doing there
>he leaves again
>a half hour later, one of my friends who works at the store reluctantly tells me to buy something or go home

I don't believe that the people there are your friends.

Sorry this gotta be said user, but you probably were the annoying nerd that never buys shit and nobody knew how to get rid of, every shop has those

You deserve it

This is some of the most autistic shit I have ever read in my life.

100% guarantee you the guy was relunctant because he felt awkward and didn't know how to handle the situation, not because he was your friend or wanted you there. You sound like the literal worst type of customer ever, people who work in retail fucking hate people like you but we're PAID TO BE NICE YOU AUTISTIC FUCK

God your life must suck

Like.... being you must really REALLY suck.

I lived out the bucktoothed mouthbreathing redneck conversing with a naruto-loving dwarf, criticizing and giving his experience with every customer's selection standing by the checkout irl. i can remember the smell his upper lip exuded to this day

hanging out alone at a place of business is absolutely disgusting

everyone else is there because they're getting paid or they're spending money its not a fucking social club.

You spend HOURS in a Gamestop?

You are one sad piece of shit

actually his life must be fucking awesome if he has the time and energy to do something so banal and useless

He probably goes there to escape the scornful wrath of his disappointed parents.

>worked at a gamestop in high school
>thought it'd be great because games and i was an idiot
>smelly neckbeards stand around in store all day beside the counter talking about their favorite weeb shows
>children constantly crying about how they're not old enough to buy an M rated game without a parent
>rednecks constantly calling in to see how much money they can get for a broken 360 they stole from their cousin and how much each individual game for it is worth

the only enjoyable bit was that you could check out or "rent" used games for free for a few days.

this is so fucking accurate it hurts.

Years, and I mean fucking years ago, there was a guy exactly like that at the local mall here. German fat piece of shit that would hog the demo consoles, read books and listen to CDs on the sampling machines all fucking day long. Motherfucker must've been like 30 when I was at my early teens

I see the scourge just changes places now, didn't really disappear

I remember some funcoland cashier berated me for 5 minutes straight for buying pokemon cards. Telling me that pokemon was stupid and for kids. I was only 10 years old at the time

Looking back it's humorous to think a grown man getting mad at a kid. I was just trying to buy some pokemon cards with my hard earned money from mowing my neighbors lawn.

>go to gamestop
>handful of people in line already, take my place at the end
>politely step aside for people trying to shuffle past until I get to the front of the line
>"yes, my name is user and I called earlier about holding a game?"
>"oh, here it is. do you have a rewards card with us?"
>"sure do, here you go. also, can you up my game informer subscription for another year, I think it's almost over."
>"will do. alright, that'll be $19.99, would you like insurance for an extra dollar?"
>"sure, why not."
>"okay, anything else we can help you with?"
>"nah, that's it."
>"thanks for shopping at Gamestop, you have a good day"
>"you too"
>leave and return home to play my new game

The thing about this post is that on some level, you know it isn't right. You wouldn't have posted that image with it without some subconscious voice in your head crying fruitlessly to you that your lifestyle isn't what it should be.

That's me in your image.

I'm surprised they let you in the store longer than 30 minutes. In my area Gamestop employees are pretty direct, they will badger you constantly from the moment you walk in the door. I don't even shop there much and I honestly feel like i'm intruding after 40 seconds in the store.

Wow, is your father Doublemint Dave and you Cracker Kent?

Don't you have a local trading card/game store? Those places openly invite you to come play Magic or vidya with other people all day you stupid fuck, it even hosts a myriad of other asspies so you won't even feel awkward there.

Why in the hell would you take your autistic escapades to a retail store? Don't tell me you don't have a local game/trading card store either because I live in a rural town and have two.

Sure it did user.

why is it always smelly fucking hobos and fat autist that play the consoles at the store. I never ever see normal kids play the games ever.

>visit GameStop often looking for older, cheap games

>I constantly ask if they have the case for the DS games in the display case; explicitly make it clear that I'm not interested in a game unless it comes with the original case and manual.

>I request that cases from the shelf be swapped with one in better condition before I purchase

>I quickly decline GPG and rebuff all PowerUp Rewards Pro advances by making sure to tell the employees how much better value Best Buy's Gamer's Club Unlocked and Amazon Prime are in comparison

>I'm usually sweaty due to the distance I had to walk to go there

Honestly GameStop and their employees deserve to eat shit on a daily basis.

You sound disappointed

>go to gamexchange
>hella broke so i'm selling all of my dvds
>maybe one other person in store
>go up to counter
>manager looks at me begrudgingly
>tell him i'm not in any rush, he can deal with any other customers first
>slides my stack of dvds out of the way and waits on another customer to decide what she wants
>comes back to me after
>doesn't say anything, just starts going through the dvds
>gets to one dvd in a sleeve with no case
>yells "NO CASE, NO SALE"
>throws the dvd down the counter
>finishes up, gives me $20
>tell him to have a good day, take a business card and leave
>write "ASK ABOUT OUR FREE BLOWJOBS" on the card
>come back a couple days later, put it back with the business card and leave

i know shit like that is annoying, but when it's a service you provide, there's no reason to be a prick about it.

pic related, what his hair looked like.

I used to work at GameStop and can confirm fuckers like this exist.

damn right chris, looks like normal people have learned not to touch filthy "store" consoles.

Greatest bait.

If not well....
You are a fucking idiotic example of human life with no sense of finantial insecurity.

>hanging out alone at a place of business is absolutely disgusting
Fuck that. Me and my friends use to go to the mall every weekend and hang out. We bought expensive items everytime and still received shit from the constantly fired employees.

>wageslave

>and my friends
Important part there user

P I S S

Same man. I fucking hate it when they swap the case with a generic or players choice case. They also regularly forget to put the disc in the case or even put the wrong fucking disc in.

>not offended because I also happen to work at gamestop for minimum wage: the post

ok

I can already smell the odour of the british underclass and alternative lifestyle student employees wafting in the stagnant air.

This never happens

>At gamestop
>wanna buy a new controller
>point at some wired xbox controller behind magnetic lock
>employee has never used the magnetic lock
>he figures it out
>buy controller
>leave

>spending longer than needed to get what you want

GET OUT OF MY STORE YOU FUCKING MALLRAT !!!!!

i can still remember the stink and i was a tourist.

The aura of sweat and urine

Source?

I love these stories, especially the one where the guy brings bagels and hands some out to a single mom and her kid.

was this man ever caught?

Yea game exchange have some pretty bad employees in my area as well. I understand its not a glamorous job, but Jesus Christ don't act like a huge dick.

Bullshit. How did you pay?

I am clearly offended with a faggot spraying the word wageslave. Like you are any better from us.

But please give me some random reply crapping on everything that will not make you sound like a pretensious douchebag of a richfag

caught for what? He isn't doing anything illegal

someone's been cut deep

Hand them my credit card with the rewards card.

>Clerk didn't ask you about pre-ordering the next COD
I don't believe this story for one minute.

deal with it kid.

This.
Those kids also usually had some stronk as fuck BO, too.

Cred Forums is not your personal blog

>Asks me
>Call him a fag

>like 8 years ago
>playing some tomb raider game at best buy
>mess up a few times getting up this ledge
>chris chan tier chubby autist in his 30s grabs controller from me and says here do it like this
>he gets up the ledge and keeps playing
>watch him lost in his own little world for a few minutes before I walk away

>two years later I see him there playing guitar hero
>he reeks like he shit his pants

Maybe he bought a JRPG. The clerk should've asked to pre-order the next one in the series, even if it's not announced yet.

>Walk past gamestop

FUCKING GAMESTOP

>have an iriver mp3 player that had a built in universal remote
>get an idea one day while im at a shopping centre
>stand across from EB Games where they had big TVs hanging from the roof shilling the latest games
>find the right channel for the iriver to fuck around with the TV
>turn the TV up as loud as it can go
>guy at the register has a customer who commented that the TV suddenly got real loud
>guy working there finishes serving the customer and comes out the front with the TV remote and starts turning it down
>i turn the TV off
>he just stares at the TV, then the remote then back to the TV then turns the TV back on
>as he starts to try and turn the volume down again I turn it off again
>again he looks back down at the remote then started looking around the centre, then at me
>try not to laugh while maintaining eye contact with him

my ass

I realized the game demos were not for me the second I had to start hunching over to reach the hard mounted controllers. Adults doing that is just humiliating.

>go to gamestop
>ask if they buy broken 360s
>they dont
>take it apart and try to fix it myself
>works for a while but eventually stops working
>at gamestop again
>mention my broken xbox
>"hey we buy broken consoles"
>b-but. ok heres my broken xbox
>sorry you removed the sticker, we cant take that. but you can trade in the controller
>sell them my controller
>at gamestop again, mention my broken xbox and considering getting a ps3
>"hey we buy broken consoles"
>tell him i removed the sticker
>oh we just started taking those too
>come back with xbox
>sorry we cant take it unless you have the controller

>We bought expensive items
More important part was that^

>Getting baited that easily
How sensitive can you get?

>PS3 died
>repaired it, but it still dies after an hour
>sell it at Gamestop and get new one during black Friday on Amazon
Everything went as expected.

>be at gamestop with a friend as little kid
>decide to buy Armored Core V, looked cool
>cunt at the desk looks completely disinterested, ignores me when I ask to buy the game
>takes like 15mins to get the game
>serves other customers before me
>get home
>it's the wrong fucking game
Since she gave me AC4 instead I should take it as a blessing but still

>british underclass

do you want to fucking fight me mate?

>Friend gets a job at GameStop
>He goes in for work
>They don't even bother to train him
>They just tell him to get out onto the floor and do something
>He has no idea what protocols he's supposed to use or what tricks to do to make people buy
>He quits pretty soon in
>He is jobless for a long while

>manager at yuropoor third world country GAME store
>work my ass every day for a shitty pay, but kinda enjoy doing my job properly
>fat spergo drops by the shop on a daily basis
>feel kind of pity towards him at first so we all let it go
>he tries to start awkward conversation with every employee and most customers
>he "ironically" hits on every fucking female employee, sometimes customers too
>it's come to a point where only 1 or 2 employees can stand him
>annoyed employees perform poorly with him around because of the awkwardness
>"friendly" employees perform just as bad because this fucker can't shut the fuck up while others are doing their job
>you can tell the face of disgust from most customers every time he's around, talking or not
>meet with second assistant and both agree this has to stop
>all staff sort of agree, even the "friendly" fags
just business kid, nothing personnel

>tfw haven't fapped in 3 days and OP image made me hard

I'm hopeless

gr8 b8 m8
you almost got me

>Walk into Gamestop
>Wonder what I'm doing in a store filled with stressed out, open-to-close employees
>Be thankful that I'm not a complete failure in life and don't work retail anymore
>Leave because they don't carry Gamecube games anymore

Some mouthbreather made a big stink about this and it blew up some time ago, IIRC.

>working part time to pay college tuition and ending up with little to no money for food.
>read post
>Whydoeslifemockme.png
>finally feel the need to tell the fagg that he is one.

Sometimes it gets to me.

I'm fully serious m8

You sound like a bitch.
What are you majoring in?

>Be thankful that I'm not a complete failure in life and don't work retail anymore.

Your lack of empathy is stupidly amazing.

I've fought plenty of you pussies.

You all talk big but cower like children with a good fist to the jaw.

just about to finish my minor in languages ( english and spanish) so I can start another minor in computer science.

>walk into gamestop
>there to buy latest animoe shit pedo jrpg
>quickly scan for the ps3 aisle and head over
>pick up the box and head for the counter to pay
>qt3.14 working the register
>can't talk to girls, much less attractive ones
>my brain goes into panic mode
>freeze in my tracks halfway to counter and just stare at her
>after a few seconds she sees me there and asks if she can help me with something
>can feel my face turn bright red
>she asks "are you ok sir?"
>hands are now sweating profusely
>finally break my stupor, drop the box on the floor and run out of the store
>drive 40 miles to the next gamestop to get my jrpg since it has a man working in it
>never go back to the first gamestop for fear she'll recognize me

It sounds so pathetic it can be true in case of some Cred Forumsirgins.

You sound like you have no idea what you want to do and you're just in school because you believe you have to.

>brother has a lack of video games so I give him my DS and all of my games
>he goes to Gamestop one day
>he traded all of the games in for almost no money
>he didn't even put the games in their cases first
>they couldn't take the DS because the sticker on the back was gone
>apparently once they add up the trade-in price you have to take what they offer or take nothing
>can't even have the games back
>returned the DS to me with no games and a big stack of empty game cases

it's okay though, I got an R4 card

STEP 1 - start asking strangers that seem confortable to talk to, questions that anybody asks

EX: TIME, day of the week, Location of something, etc.

Step 2 - take it up a notch and ask women ( preferably atractive ones)

Step 3 - use question has leverage to have a 30 second short conversation about something.

EX: Thanks for letting me know the day of the week, I was worried for a second I have this meeting at work and I thought it was today!

Obligatory step : If a human rejects you, just move foward in dismissal, if another human watches the happening, he will probably be on your side statting that the other human was a douchebag and not worth the conversation!

There user: good practise and get well soon.

Of course it did. It couldn't be any other thing besides something negative with my life.

Let me guess your major, psychology?

Seriously I just can't stand shit like this. Cred Forums used to be a place where you could talk to someone even if it was something embarassing. Nowadays everyone wants to be better than everyone.

I am seriously done with this site.

Gender Studies.

Automotive actually.
Look, I was only digging to see if you were making stupid decisions, so I could throw some advice at you. A man as edgy as you are is useless.

But you are right, you really shouldn't be on this site. You're too damn sensitive

I know this is bait, but it still makes me feel bad.
Would give a "sup" to the guy to make him feel better.

Has anyone here every been close to throwing up at gamestop from the smell of B.O, piss and shit from the disgusting people.

The local gamestop had to be cleansed with glen20 because some unwashed hobo stank out the place with his stink sweat. He wiped it all on the demo console as well.

>go to midnight launch of COD or SKYRIM, can't remember which
>long, long ass line of losers, kids, and parents
>people doing hookah on the side of the road while we wait for the store to open, fucking disgusting btw
>store is absolutely swamped with people
>go in and pick up the game
>pre-order LE Halo 3 360 and Borderlands 2 at the same time
>worker gets pissed as fuck

Kek

>walk into gamestop
>not there for anything specific, just want to browse and see if anything catches my eye
>while i'm browsing some fat autismo kid walks up next to me
>he starts pointing out all the games, just reading all the titles out loud and saying whether he liked them or not
>starts asking me if i like this game or that game
>just try to ignore him and continue browsing
>every time i move over a bit down the aisle he moves with me
>keeps asking me questions about every fucking game he sees on the shelf
>start to realize this kid smells like shit and it's making me queasy
>had enough of this bs, just walk out of the store
>the kid actually fucking follows me out talking about some game
>he follows me to my fucking car and is still trying to talk as a drive away from him

seriously what the fuck is wrong with this store?

>Walk into gamestop
>See black man browsing games there
>Ask wage helper why do they let a negro into the store
>Wage helper laughs at me but does nothing
>She says that the Vita games are at the back
>Managed to avoid the negro and buy Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1
Another shopping day at gamestop