The texture isn't far removed from rubber

>the texture isn't far removed from rubber

What did Kojima mean by this?

Was anyone else pissed at the fact Raiden suddenly became proficient with a katana? Yeah I get these games aren't realistic but it just doesn't make sense.

you mean he was able to swing it around?

He used a sword as a child soldier

*ring, ring
>Snake, the enemy has regained consciousness

NO SHIT CAMPBELL

He doesn't actually do anything fancy with it, but also I'm sure he used a blade of some fashion in Liberia

I always assumed his VR training included sword training as well. I mean it doesn't make any fucking sense but that's MGS for you.

No he used a sword as a kid.

His adoptive father (Solidus) also uses swords. Hmmmm...

>He doesn't actually do anything fancy with it
except deflect bullets because all of a sudden he and the tengus have vamp-tier reflexes

He was trained by Solidus and used several kinds of swords and knives throughout his child soldier years. Primarily he used a machete and katana.

The VR training was Raiden being reprogrammed. Most of his memories of childhood were covered up during that time on top of natural trauma blocks.

You would know this if you actually played the game.

And people ridicule MGS4 for nanomachines.

An biologically enhanced soldier trained via VR, who was birthed into a war environment and most likely used not-so technologically advanced weapons at times throughout his whole child hood, makes it pretty easy to believe he could handle a sword. The sword was also given to him by a bad ass, high tech samurai that wouldn't be using some ordinary shit weapon.

>a bullet or two

He didn't say ALL the bullets.

MGS:VR missions is canon. It's where Raiden trained, Grey Fox missions inclusive.

This. That's how he was trained to deflect bullets. And how to spot disguised Snakes.

How is the PC version of MGS2, anyway?
I want to replay but don't own it for ps2 anymore.

It's pretty fucking good (miles ahead of the MGS1 port, since that wasn't even handled by Konami), if you set up the controls appropriately, give up analog buttons, and the graphics don't glitch too much. Protip, on newer cards you mustn't set "Model Quality" above 2. I could even say it beats the HD collections in terms of accuracy, but you're forced to 4:3.

Also, the exit dialog, which appears after pressing "ESC" is kinda buggy and may not appear some times, so it's safer to play windowed just in case.

So who was the guy impersonating Snake there? Was he even real?
I'm pretty sure Solid Snake died in the tanker accident two years ago.

Who's that faggot behind raiden?

bro.... come on

>How is the PC version of MGS2
Pretty solid. The only real issue I had were some minor shader glitches and the water shader not drawing, giving the game a weird look in outdoor areas.