Why can't Blizzard make a game that takes skill rather than pure luck?

Why can't Blizzard make a game that takes skill rather than pure luck?

Give me one card game that is 100% skill

I can't give you one that's pure skill, because that's impossible.

But there are many other ones out there where skill matters and is not pure RNG.

Why would you post this? Please delete this and leave this board.

Golf

Because a game like that doesn't cater to a large enough audience.

go fish

100% Orange Juice

Luck sells, skill doesn't

Because blizzard want you to think you're a winner even if you're shit so in their games. Everyone is a winner

WoW, aside from lootdrops is mostly skill-based.

Because when a game is 100% skill based casuals do not like it and that is their target demographic.

>Videogames.
>Skill.
>Can ascend to the pantheon of world champions in months.

Wrong hobby.

Luck is essential to make a card game fun
Otherwise who ever spends more money is going to win

not really true

casuals like games that are easy and not complex

if you make a game that is easy and not complex casuals would still prefer it to not have any RNG because that would just mean its easier for them to consistently succeed

Tons of dominant decks were cheap. Welfare Affinity, Eggs, Hulk Flash, Desire, Slide, plenty of aggro decks, etc.

Well they did make starcraft

Most people aren't very good at videogames.

By making casual games that rely on luck (drops in diablo, WoW) and preplanning characters rather than actual skill, they can sell the game to the masses. While Blizzard hasn't made a good game in the past 2 decades, they've certainly earned a following from the unwashed masses.

every fucking card game is luck based you autismo, from poker to the pokemon card game

what is wind change

The card game

how do you make a card game based on skill you fucktard? do you not realize how fucking stupid that sounds? literally all games involving cards have an element of luck in them

are you people this retarded? jesus fuck

Then they made Starcraft 2.

Because it's much easier to balance a game when RNG is the core of the gameplay.

>Why can't Blizzard make a game that takes skill rather than pure luck?

to get shitters stomped by tryhards, making these shitters ragequit the game when they're the main audience who buy "just 2 packs of cards it's nothing" ?

Is starcraft 2 pure luck?

It's braindead as shit so yeah.

>not really true

the most skill based game blizzard made is starcraft 2

guess which of their game bring less money than the others.

Name me one game you dont need luck in? Csgo is all luck.

Just wait for GWENT. The stress test was great and even the same four decks were awesome.

If you have played The Witcher 3, the new Gwent game is god tier (CDPR will never add the new Gwent system to The Witcher 3 T_T).

any rhythm game

Starcraft 2 isn't skill based at all. It's deathball horseshit with none of the elements that made BW good. Blizzard probably made it intentionally shit so they can say "oh well I guess people don't want skill based games they just want more casual money sinks".

You mean qte games? Lol. Theres no skill involved, just how autistic you are at memorizing the beat/buttons in order. Knowing the alphabet isnt a skill

Similar can literally be said about anything that take skill

Egyptian Ratscrew

pure reaction time

If they make something too skill based they'll hurt the fee fees of their main shitter demographic. Just don't play their garbage.

Then play every map only once. Anyone top 100 000 in osu could beat your ass playing the shit both of you haven't played before.

Less people would play and they'd make less money.

Card games are about 80% luck and 20% skill you fucking moron. Don't try and blame a single company just because you're a fucking I do it who doesn't know how probabilities work

Casuals won't buy a game that takes skill and guess who the largest market for Blizzard is?

Well, scouting is apparently too hard for 99% of people, so they rebalanced the game to remove hard counters and now every race just essentially has the same meta builds.

Best playing card bar game ever. That and war.

Fucking love egyptian rat fuck. And rules like doubled and sandwichs make it better

pure luck makes it fun as fuck
played VS a steal priest, and we just keept stealing each others stuff for 10 min
>tfw i didnt have a singel sylvanis from the start, and ended with 4 extra in my deck