Can someone explain why this game is bad without citing >muh story?

Can someone explain why this game is bad without citing >muh story?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V4FHs-_nRNg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

personally i didnt enjoy it because the last mgs game i played was mgs2. this one just didnt feel like an actual mgs game to me

>Can Cred Forums explain why a story-driven game is bad without citing its story?
Very low IQ poster detected, must be a democrat or a nigger

What's with all this MGSV shilling lately?

Is konami preparing more DLC or it's just to raise interest/conversations about MGS for surVive?

what's the difference?

The fulton recovery system totally dumbs down the game. You can have way more fun if you totally forget it exists.

The open world gets really stale and a chore to get through after a while. That's why I didn't enjoy it, anyway

Repetitive boring missions in an empty world infiltrating small bases with few guards.

i play games for gameplay

so claims every CoD kiddie

hillary supporters are more educated than trump supporters

> can someone explain why this game is bad without talking about what makes it bad?

What is it with you faggots lately? Just because you put muh or le xD in front of an argument, you seem to think that instantly invalidates it. MGSV's story is more confusing, poorly written, and riddled with plot holes than any other Metal Gear. That's why it's bad.

what if you dont care about story?

This is litterally the reason why most people don't like it, MGS fans liked the previous games because of the story.

>he thinks any of the mgs games are well written

user....

/thread

shame kojimadrones and mgs fangirls left /vg/ because that Quiet poster made it impossible to have mgs threads there, so now the retards and shills are flocking here.

Same 3 missions ad infinitum

Shit gameplay.
The open world is surprisingly empty, made up entirely of open as fuck plains of nothing and sparsely populated bases that outside of a whopping total of 3 unique locations per map, are basically identical.
Stealth is too easy. While freedom of choice sounds good at face value this just means you can basically S rank all missions doing fuckall anything and with how terrible the level design is its basically a slog to get shit done. Boring, unless you enjoy GTA-tier fucking around.
Copy-paste missions. Repetition. Basically its all the terribleness of Peace Walker all fucking over again.
Shit core gameplay mechanics. Wallhacks being a part of core gameplay basically removes what little challenge there was since you can ride up to a base, mark everything in 5 seconds, and waltz about at your leisure.
CQC is the same as PW's "press R1 to win", which is fucking stupid, considering that MGS4 at least had the perfect CQC system.

Overall its just a boring run-of-the-mill TPS with optional stealth elements and bad to mediocre level design.

>can anyone say why this game is bad without citing why this game is bad?
You want us to play charades or something?

sure:
-would've fared better as a linear, non-open-world game (as would many recent open-world titles; content gets spread too thin)
-mother base customization largely meaningless; mostly an added grind to encourage microtransactions
-simplification of camo index system+inability to change equipment without a drop makes the stealth too easy (especially with focus + wallhacks)
-peace walker mission structure got old then, gets old in this one too; it's a way to cheap out on environments and assets by reusing the hell out of them
-obviously cut short; >muh story
-only afghanistan environment seems finished; africa clearly was meant to house more (and presumably a third or fourth environment was planned)
-multiplayer was a frantic race because stealthiness meant nothing when base owners were immediately alerted
-multiplayer also did not have global focus/wallhack settings, so you were just at a disadvantage with them off
-also no anti-cheat in multiplayer (can't speak to MGO, haven't bothered with it)

that's about it off the top of my head; it was a decent game, but a really shit finale to the metal gear series

>5 mgs/kojima related threads right now on Cred Forums

fuck off already to /vg/ retards.

Can someone explain why is MGS4 battlefield more alive and real than MGSV battlefield?

In MGS4, while clearly scripted, there is actually a war going on. There are actually different factions fighting with each other and you can ignore it or jump on that for your advantage.

In MGSV we hear all about the russians and the mudskins fighting but unless Venom does something there's nothing going on and every soldier is just there doing nothing, waiting for interaction to react.

This is my biggest problem with MGSV

Bad mgs game, bad story, god-tier gameplay. Really sad there wont be another game using the engine they built

aside from PES?

I don't know a whole lot about Russian involvement in Afghanistan but I want to say that a far-flung region in Afghanistan chosen to secretly develop metal gears wouldn't be the same as hired PMC's actively purging rebels in a major city.
Still a huge missed opportunity to be chocked up to konami's and kojima's incompetence.

The base gameplay is great. Everything controls amazingly and the animations are butter smooth. The bad part is the maps. The areas are so boring. Highlights to the game are the intro and the mansion.

They really needed to add some kind of base infiltration missions like Ground Zeroes. A single infiltration mission in a Russian base while its snowing would have been awesome.

>I don't know a whole lot about Russian involvement in Afghanistan but I want to say that a far-flung region in Afghanistan chosen to secretly develop metal gears wouldn't be the same as hired PMC's actively purging rebels in a major city.
Oh please don't do this. Just don't.
Don't come up with excuses and justifications for what was just lazy planning. MGSV is fiction, it's irrelevant if irl there was actually a lot of fighting there or not. MGS4 did a really good battlefield and MGSV feels barren. That's all.

>god-tier gameplay
>generic TPS shooting
>one of the worst CQC systems in the series aside from MGS1 and PW
>level design is tied with PW, a fucking handheld game, and MGS4's endless series of linear hallways
The more that I think about it the more I realize V is just PW with different maps, yet everyone praises V's "gameplay" but not PW's.

Is this seriously the new mindset of Cred Forums. Caring about story over gamplay.

Not only that but all the mgs games were shit stories

and russian doesn't have forests like in MGS3, what's your point calling for realism?

no content
unfinished
50 versions of the same 2 missions over and over again

the fact that kojimbo finally managed to create a MGS game with good controls but blew it on an empty game is high crime.

>Is this seriously the new mindset of Cred Forums
You're probably 24 years old at best, but MGS1 was an innovation and made the MGS series famous due to its story and fully voiced dialogues.
Like it or not, retarded as it might be, MGS was always famous for the story. Even V marketing relied heavily on trailers that featured story moments and hype alike.

Not that an underage faggot that jumped on MGS bandwagon with V would know that.
youtube.com/watch?v=V4FHs-_nRNg

PW is actually good. It's an easy game to shit on because it's for a portable console but like Matthewmatosis said, it has the same good elements of MGS4 gameplay.

The games "open" world is pretty shit especially in the Afghan map which is just big corridors that have some buildings and roadblocks along them

Best game of 2015.
I would argue that it was better than any game released in 2014 too.

[Citation needed]

MGS4 Act 1 and 2 is some of the best stealth action gaming. It's just a shame they abandon all the cool shit after that.

>[Citation needed]
Are you new? Serious question.
Everyone knows that there isn't a place in russian with a tropical forest. It has been heavily discussed already.

mgsvbabies need to be contrarians no matter what.

>>Still a huge missed opportunity to be chocked up to konami's and kojima's incompetence.
>why was MGSV so barren to MGS4
>NO WAIT DONT TELL ME I JUST WANT TO BITCH ABOUT KONAMI
really user

Tselinoyarsk is a real place fucktard. It looks nothing like that in MGS3

>muh story

The problem is that ONLY the gameplay is good.

Stuff like story/atmosphere/context can greatly increase the gameplay experience.

I'm a complete gameplayfag but holy shit, playing MGSV is like fucking VR missions in MGR.

Oh sorry, VR missions in MGR had actual level design unlike MGSV's muh open world

The game doesn't force the player to do anything interesting with its mechanics. Sure, the player can do all kinds of interesting shit.

But playing MGSV is literally crawling between russian soldiers for 120 hours. The fact that crawling mechanics are fucking awesome doesn't make the experience any more interesting.

I dare you faggots, tell me that I'm wrong.

>cames up with forced justification that doesn't make any sense
>DON'T POINT THAT OUT TO MEEEEEEEEEEE
really.

>best mechanics in the series
>open world with no good level design
>bland environment with a brown-grey color palette
>worst bosses in the series
>least interesting enemies in the series
>b-but walking feels good

Yeah, fuck off. Gameplay HAS potential to be awesome, but it isn't used at all.

>entirely fucking plausible
>but no wait its not shitting on konami like 9001 threads have done already how dare you interrupt the circlejerk.
If MGS3's forest looks tropical to you you need your eyes checked, it looks pretty fuckin boreal.

Honestly, coming form the MSX, I kinda loathed the story in MGS, and like many people of my age mainly could stomach it because of how campy it was - past a point it's too ridiculous for you to care about how long it is.

I do understand that I'm part of a minority, but if you're trying to play the age card, I think you'll find the older among us have been pretty divided about the issue ever since.

you ignored me making a tantrum mgsvbabbie?

>Gommunist indoctrination that puts you in debt
>Educated

>puts you in debt

only if you're poor or too dumb to get a scholarship

Trump supporters have a higher per capita income

>the candidate with hefty tax cuts for the wealthy attracts wealthier people

DUH

taxes are down for everyone dumbass

besides, money is better than education

>Too many gadgets
>Resources are so plentiful that having resources at all is pointless
>Sneaking suit makes stealth pathetically easy
>overpowered companions

If you limit yourself to no weapons(except when necessary), no sneaking suit, no support unit, and D-Horse only it's a pretty great game.

How many wealthy donors donated to Trump during the primaries? Now how many to Clinton?

why so defensive? im voting for trump because he will give me a big tax cut. it's a fact that the cuts are bigger for those at the top. it's just supply side theory. wealthy people will create more supply with their extra money.

tselinoyarsk is not a real place

it's assumed it's located in present-day kyrgyzstan

>select the same map over and over again
>have to pass enemies and take them out or sneak by
>no story
>game is harder at start than towards the end
>characters without charisma or personal development
>missing link in the Mgs saga

The open-world adds nothing to the game, and it could've looked so much better graphically if it was just a bunch of separate individual areas that were like Camp Omega.

Also, Quiet is the worst MGS girl to date, and this game essentially birthed those insufferable Joostfags.

>spoiler
You don't have to spoil what everyone already knows