>best combat of any kiseki game so far
>rean has a weltall
>no more school setting
>can actually choose your party

Bad:
>pacing still obnoxiously slow/too much filler content
>game blatantly tries to make tsundere sluts canon
>Laura doesn't win reanbowl

Cold Steel 2 is pretty great but you'll see true greatness when Cold Steel 3 no longer holds back.

all the lolis have good butts, so it's great

Millium > Artium

Can I tell the sluts to fuck off and travel the world with Gaius and Toval?

>liking a guy with a spear and another guy with a rod
Well yes, but Rean, Laura, Fie, and Emma are the 3 best characters to lead a battle.

So how much waifuing is in this?

>Gaius
>Not best boy Jusis

Fpbp

Cancer, all of you.

could be better I was a bit disappointed in the story, combat is still broken with pointless bells and whistles but it's a kiseki game I guess

>not wanting to cleave the planet in two with laura

Not wanting a two-for-one by getting with Emma and Celine

>frogposter

and why should we care for someone spamming a hate symbol?

>rean has a weltall

And Vita has a Weltal-Id! Not even talking about Ordine.

Overall, better than CS1, Worse than TITS:SC as this is the middle portion of the story and resolves absolutely nothing.

Also Thomas is good Weissman.

I'm playing the first game still.
When do I ge to menage fuck Laura and Fie?

Just started CS1 and I have to say it's winning me over while at the same time pissing me off.

Why can't I skip fluff dialogue? It's anime as fuck so I know what everyone is going to say before they open their mouths.

Should I play this, Persona 3 Portable, or Celceta?

Chapter 3 but it's non-consensual and they make Machias watch.

You can hold O to fast forward.

>and they make Machias watch

That is the icing on the cake.

CS2 is amazing. It is right up there with Trails in the Sky SC.

Cold Steel for sure.

Finally got CS1 plat. Debating whether I should go for CS2 or start TitS instead.

You should play all three.

Finished it today. Basically if you like to lose yourself in another world for like 80 hours or so play them, if you don't like jrpgs then stay away. That will always be the consensus with these kinds of games. I eat this shit up though. Felt great, haven't had a nice long game to play like that since P4 I think, every game nowadays you get like 15 hours out of or so. Definitely better than the first game but still drags on in the middle or so. Running around the highways recruit students in Act 2 was fucking suffering.

You can hold circle to fast forward.

>Running around the highways
You didn't use the motorcycle?

Loved it as much as FC and SC.

Was wary at first because Cred Forums was saying thing like the "main" girl was annoying as shit and that she kept saying annoying things etc. etc.

But then I thought, "wait, Cred Forums always says shit." So I bought the game and played CS1.

At first I thought "fuck, Cred Forums was right, she's annoying." Then after 3 hours, she said, sorry, she fucked up, and knows she should have done better. I thought "this was not what Cred Forums told me, what the fuck"

After that, all through out both games I kept trying to find anything annoying at all about Alisa. But I couldn't find one. Roer? Hell no, that was an adult playing hard to get with her own daughter instead of actually at least saying one thing. At least Alisa accepted that fact and anything anymore related to that, she just goes "of course, she's this way, oh well" type of response.

Fuck you Cred Forums. I almost believed your lies just because you didn't like the first 3 hours of exposition of a certain character.

Emma is still my girl though. She felt more natural as the girl for Rean especially in CS2.

CVII girls ranking.
Emma > Fie > Laura > Alisa

I did, I just meant it as a general term not literally.

CS1 wasn't that great and it was long enough between games that I don't feel motivated to pick up the sequel.

>mfw all that disgusting otaku pandering

Right? The whole Alisa hating is bullshit. The over exaggeration with this game is real.

Dude, what the fuck ever, even 40 hours later she's STILL bringing up Rean faceplanting on her boobs.

I rather liked that whole thing about Alisa. She gets all tsundere and upset about her landing on him. I practically groaned out loud when I realized how cliched it was, but as you play farther you realize she's kind of like that with everyone. It made her character feel a little more sincere than most cutouts of that archtype.

Didn't play it yet because I can't find myself to finish the first game. Trails games pacing is horrible. I digged the gameplay a bit though so I'll get back to it eventually

Her or the rest of Class VII. Give me a screenshot where she herself said that and got mad about it.

If I remember correctly there were 3 times that it was brought up. 1 was by Sharon, 2 were by CVII. All 3 times were her and Rean saying "Ahaha, please forget about that".

The one time it was brought up was by both of them and she again said sorry about it.

I want a screenshot of the part where you are saying 40 hours in and she brought it up just to get buttmad at Rean like the first 3 hours of the game.

>What's the verdict?

donno, i'm downloading the undubbed now. I'll tell you when I'm done.

>downloading
kill yourself faggot

Alisa's general likeability is a casualty of the pseudo-harem shit they were trying to pull. They should have just focused on Rean/Alisa instead of creating an illusion of choice that just makes every other scene with Alisa feel incredibly forced if you didn't choose her to be the designated waifu.
It really feels like she was supposed to be the deuteragonist, but they backed out halfway through.

Fuck off. She still reacted to the teasing. Since she reacted she's annoying.

I'm not going to drag my ass through the game again to find a screenshot of the latest point in the game where that happens, but I remember it being a pain in the ass. Nowhere near as bad as the other otaku pandering shit in the game, but having it happen at all was so annoying.

Alisa's okay, but
>dub voice
>getting surprised every instance Sharon appears
>getting frustrated every instance her mom is standoffish as usual
>for both games
The quality of her voice is subjective, of course, but Laura's and Fie's forced "conflict" lasted for a chapter, and while Machias and Jusis go at it still, that's not as prevalent as Alisa's forced shipping is.
I can get understand why it can be kind of annoying when Emma, Fie, and Laura in comparison don't make nearly as many outbursts or aren't as shipped as hard.

They totally did, you remember those prototype shots where rean looks all laid back and uses twin pistols and alisa is a sword-user? They were totally supposed to be a pair.

She's just joking. I bet you think her glares serious too.

An upgrade to the first in almost every way. Hopefully the third will be on PS4.

Did you at least buy the game user?

What's the point of buying it? I thought Japan developers only look at western sales as penny change.

If it was penny change then why didn't you buy it?

I don't get it.

Falcom is a fairly small company that works very closely with Xseed, the primary localizer of most of their titles and they like seeing how the west receives their games. We don't get Falcom games if they don't sell over here. That's all.

More to support XSeed and their continuing localization of the Trails series as a whole

Will he be TIED UP?

CS2 is a huge improvement, less goofy most of the time and more serious and poor Rean and Jusis need hugs for all the suffering

>Zero and Ao never

>ever buying unfinished jrpgs like the kiseki series

If the games were actually more complete I wouldn't mind but it's always the same crap were the first entry is giant snoozefest and the sequels are literally the same crap but with revamped mechanics. Decent games but not worth the money

Nice how the game bumps your party to a minimum level after each chapter so you don't have to grind neglected people
...Though it kills any attempt at a low level run. I wanted to see how pathetic my damage could get vs. the NG+ boss on Nightmare

What prototype?

If there are more people like that play but not buy then this could end up happening.

CS3 is going to be tons of fun for Rean if his design is any indication.

>weeb garbage with same-face anime characters

Into the trash it goes

Google it.
>tumblr
Yeah I know

I really liked this. Makes me go use other characters.

MQ is hard to level though.

Oh fuck off that doesn't even make sense.

>I'm not buying an unfinished series!

How do you expect the rest to get localised?

They got over it by like Chapter 1. Everything else is just people giving Alisa/Rean shit.

What does take forever to resolve is Emma's background since everyone else comes clean about theirs within 50 hours while she's still keeping hers hidden.

It's great, I've been loving it.

shhhhhh. Kiseki fans are quite sensitive about that

Let it go. He just really does not want to pay for it even if it's just a penny.

I didn't user her that much and I got scared when they didn't die in one shot after her S-Craft.

>Even the game makes Machias the butt of the jokes.
Worst party member in battle, worst character.

Machias was a mistake.

>pseudo-harem shit they were trying to pull
And they're going to keep doing it since people eat it up and it's not just the Japanese either. The next MC is going to have the same thing.

Machias WAS broken in 1. Jusis totally outclasses him in 2 though.

Wow Alisa's uniform is pretty neat, looks like they were going for a more Victorian look.
So glad they changed Rean. I love his hairstyle, looks edgier there.

>Lean Mean Rean Bean Machine could have used an Orbal Revolver
>Alisa could have been Estelle 2.0
>We got the German Weaboo and actual Alisa instead

Fuck.

How was Machias broken in CS1? Never used him unless he was mandatory.

Jusis was my 5th in CS2 though. His crafts were so good.

They look like their backstories are switched.

>Petrify Bullet + Suzaku/Byakko/Seiryuu
Enjoy fishing for like 7 ailments at once.

Can we talk about Trails in the Sky in this thread as well?

I want to talk about how pretty Joshua is

Metric ton of ailments, plus Chrono Burst paired with Rean for Rean "Delay Everyday" Schwarzer.

Could give out free turns for 40 or so CP and could inflict every status in the game on half the battle field.

Machias could give you infinite turns but to be far that only came during the later half of the game

If the gameplay, the story itself and the pacing and the characters are all like this this I don't see any worth in it then-.Fun games to pass the time but from the ones I played they aren't that good

If you just want to burn time then just play league of legends or whatever arena shooter is hot right now desu

>Delay Rean
Its a shame that the late game has a bunch of enemies resistant to Delay. The mages and Laura are overtaking Rean in terms of usefulness vs bosses in my file.

Not really great recommendations but thanks anyway. Bu I said I'll get back to it eventually, I guess having a full time job clouds people sometimes

Proto-Rean's giving off a super strong Yoh vibe off there. That would have been nice