MANDALORE UPLOADED A NEW VID!

MANDALORE UPLOADED A NEW VID!

SS13 REVIEW!

youtube.com/watch?v=nLAHBexJxrE

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/YEh5fv7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who?

He made an EVE and a SC review a while back that blew up on Cred Forums for a bit. His shit is pretty funny.

Coolio.

>more normies are going to come to /ss13/

RREEEEE

What's wrong with new players?
/tg/station could use a few less powergamers, who don't care about RP anymore.

wait a second gooncode was released again this year?

did /vg/ use any of it?

No, coders realized how fucking shit it is so they ignored it.

The other servers were too "noble" to use it.

Gooncoders should be executed on sight

>What's wrong with new players?

Go play a few rounds on /vg/ and lurk the thread there and you'll understand what's wrong with new players.

>playing /tg/ builds
>ever

Why would I go on an offshoot of /tg/?
Like, I started on /tg/station since it wasn't as autism as bay, and was the first offshoot that wasn't Bay. I never joined

The options were Goon, Bay and /tg/station.
What was wrong with /tg/station?

Recycled assets, inconsistent artstyle/sprites and shitty contrived combat.

Recycled assets isn't a bad thing.
Inconsistent Artstyle is a big thing, but became more of a problem ever since wizard got introduced years ago, because of the inconsistent tone, some rounds being hard science fiction, and other rounds being space wizards attacking.

As for shitty contrived combat, compared to what? Like, it's a decent combat style if I remember correctly, stuns are immobilizing, but lack damage, lethals do damage, but aren't as good as stuns, so combat requires a mix of stuns and lethals. Knockdowns can be a bit annoying, especially with some items being a bit too good, but it has got some depth, especially when you factor in wet floors as a combat dynamic.

>spacecourt is like christmas for space unabombers

Even if it's an offshoot, different servers have different styles of playing, or atleast that's the way it's supposed to work. I have played on every single major server so far, from NoX and Hippie all the way to heavy RP with Baystation/Polaris and Hypatia. It's refreshing to change up the way you play the game. However, during the past two years, every server has been crammed full of new players as the game became more popular. /vg/ now regularly gets 40-50+ players a round, same thing with Bay. The new players on /vg/ brought with them cancerous waifufaggotry that plagued /tg/2 and the server is practically a memefest now, but on the bright side, /vg/ probably has the best admins it's had in a long fucking time, not to mention that they have a host that has consistently kept the server up for 2+ years now. There's also no more good RP servers so unless you love the circlejerkfest, no-fun-allowed of Bay or the pubbie-heaven tryhard central of Aurora, you don't have much of a choice on where you can go to get some heavy RP in. Hypatia used to be pretty good, but like all RP servers, it got consumed by cliques and drama and shut down out of the blue.

SS13 is kind of in a sore spot due to how many people play it now. We need more servers to accommodate the constant influx of new players. Right now all that is happening is every server other than Bay is a shitshow that is grooming new players into NoX babies who just want to get their waifushit on and grief because thats what everyone else does.

It totally is though
EVERY FUCKING TIME YOU MANAGE TO CONVINCE PEOPLE TO DO A TRIAL, SOMEONE BLOWS IT UP

I always thought of RP as something that you can produce, if you give the proper incentive to other players.
I remember the development of /tg/station lore, with Atmos having nothing to do, so they'd constantly declare an independent nation of Atmosia, which developed into nations round, which became so common that SoS only allowed them on special occasions. RPing was something that people looked forward to, a special event that'd mark off a weekend. I guess that's not what it's like anymore.

You'd produce alliances between specific departments, the captain turning the bridge more into a united nations, Security invading other nations, with different nations creating alliances, an alliance between engineering and genetics, where genetics would supply super powers and engineering would turn it into an armored fort, genetics selling the use of their cloner to get quick cash.
I guess that these kinds of rounds got repetitive, but I valued them a lot

Great video, I guess I'll check out the game again. Last time I played was years ago and got banned as sec for throwing a traitor out the airlock

When I finish my coffee I'm bussing a nation round. I won't tell you what server, you'll have to gamble.
t. Admin

You can't do Nations anymore. It always ends up with Security going full moidabonah on everyone, Cargo ordering tons of gun crates, Engineering sealing themselves in Engineering, and Medical and Science being at the mercy of Security and Command. It used to work sometimes, but you really need to have a good litter of players for it to work. Usually though, even in the past, Nations is shit because everyone just locked themselves in their departments. You need the right players to catalyze good interactions between nations.

RP servers are the hardest to get right because they require admins that know what they are doing. With Bay, the admins are fucking awful and are too strict on what you can and can't do, but of course they will turn a blind eye to their faggot buddies so they can do whatever they want. This actually happens a lot: You have admins that are in a clique with certain players and they get free passes to fuck with everyone while anyone that tries to respond in kind will get ban hammered. This is what brought Hypatia down, before that, it was a pretty decent server. Conversely, if you have admins that are too limpwristed to do anything, the server turns into a free-for-all, with pubbies running a train on anyone that tries to actually do any sort of roleplay. You need to strike that fine balance of still being close to Bay-levels of roleplay so that everyone can do their job and not powergame, but not go FULL BAY and reprimand anyone that doesn't type out an entire paragraph worth of text to just apply ointment to a 5 point burn wound.

Make sure this is the only thread op, I don't want a grey tide. I also fear mandalore becoming popular and not doing videos for autism games anymore

No more goddamn newfags in our server, reeeeeeee get out

I used to love this game, I was a preteen playing on the ugly station. I recently quit during a pretty bad deluge of RP servers. RP itself isn't that bad, it's pretty much the only thing keeping the Byond engine relevant to anybody, it was the rules of those servers that were annoying. I once got banned for telling a cat person to move his furry ass before I bashed it in. I was banned for racism against a fictional character controlled by a non furry human being.

The game needs rules, but the security exists for a reason, if a guy is going on a murder spree security should handle it and if need be punish that user once the round is over. If security has been taken over by RDMers then an admin probably should step in, but even then that could make a round interesting but some admins would rather be some omniscient security guard. An Admin should step in when something becomes a trend of multiple rounds.

>special thanks to: DUNY
FUCK YOU DUNY
YOU
DUNY

Oh man, the Dunying was fucking great

Are there still gross fur only stations?

there's vore that has furshit, scaleshit, roboshi, centaurs, nagas, macro/mini, basically everything and the kitchen sink
bay still exists and is full of furfags and scalies
polaris is the sequel to bay and it's pretty much the same thing with a better looking map and some tiny lizard things
thankfully pic related died

What server was this? Polaris?

I've seen that we've lost quite a few RP servers. Now you really only have the option between Polaris and Aurora. There's Citadel too if you're a furfaggot with a vore fetish.

The problem with /tg/ is the fucking awful playerbase and the useless admins.

polaris has only been around for like, less than a year, right?
It was either bay or that one that got killed, fucked if I can remember the name, that had erp allowed and all kinds of autists
it had a neck slot as one of the big things that stood out to me but I can't remember anything else

I never understood why some people view RPing as this golden cow that should be looming in everyone's minds.

Just fucking have fun however you want so long as you aren't metagaming or killing everyone, or just being a plain dick (catbeating people and then validing them)

Reminder that /vg/, as many problems as it has, is the best SS13 server around

So is his story about how the game was made and broken up true? I found it really fascinating

Gosh, I love /vg/station; we should all play there tonight!

FUCK
YOU
DUNY
100%, yeah
the goonecode leak was great craic, it turns out it not only is a clusterfuck like everything else, it doesn't work well and their big meme quest has basically no more content than has been found

That's a good summary of what happened

Partly true. And partly false.

The whole 'game was stolen on a flash drive' is a lie. There is a common myth that at some point in the early history the only reason the code survived full deletion was due to a guy who had saved it on a flash drive.

After the original creator left and ss13 had originally died a few years after its creation, one of the coders for the original project leaked the source and another coder decompiled the source. All of those are what led to the code as we see it today.

Yeah. As brief as he made it that's pretty much the story.
I almost hope that it gets on reddit or somewhere exa will see it. He might find it interesting too

Yeah goon's 'solarium' was a crock of shit. People thought they had discovered a red herring ending which caused the next round to spawn in apocalyptic mode. Turns out that was the entire secret already, there was nothing else.

Polaris is the same thing as Bay, except with new admins. I have no idea what the fuck happened but I guess drama happened and everyone went to Polaris. It has the same community as Bay so for the sake of simplicity I see Bay and Polaris as the same thing. Although this did happen I think within the past year, so you'd be right in that it has been around for I think less than a year.

No idea what server that could have been though. As far as I know, ERP isn't allowed on Bay but that could have changed, though I doubt it. If you were on a pubbie server, my guess is you were on Aurora. I played there for a bit but the admins and community were so fucking terrible that I couldn't stand it and left.

Some people like heavy RP where you limit yourself to only the knowledge of your character. Metagaming, as in an engineer knowing surgery, is frowned upon. I personally enjoy that kind of RP but it should be left contained to RP-heavy servers. There have been a lot of people trying to shove RP into places like /vg/ and TG and I don't understand why. I think though that a lot of people use RP as an excuse for waifufaggotry and ERP.

Clicked dislike at a second in with adblock enabled. Now that the audience retention average has been reduced to less than satisfactory (which is what dictates YouTube discovery I.E. video promotion), I will open another browser and dislike the video again with an alt account for added effect. Stop posting his/your videos here.

W

>he thinks this is how SEO works

It's a lovely idea, but they really could have kept it in their pants and not lead people by the nose about it
on that note, fucking changing all the super speshul recipies for cool shit in chemistry whenever someone outside of their metaclub used it was such a gay thing
I dunno if they still do it, wouldn't surprise me one bit

code sucks
yes it sucks that much
errorage tainted the game irreversibly and his successors aren't doing much better

It's not how most SEO works. But it is how YouTube works. Video discovery on YouTube is dictated by two major factors now since the update in 2014, audience retention and comment discussion. That is because Google believes these videos to be thought provoking/controversial which has shown to increase the chances of the video being shared with friends or colleagues.

the audience retention change is the reason all the let's players freaked out moron

"""aliens"""

Nothing wrong with newfags.
Big problem with /tg/station was it got stale, because everyone "optimized" their playstyle, meta'd a bunch, and their was a lack of new players

You know that person got gibbed after saying that right?
One person types two autistic paragraphs, that can be done on any server, what exactly are you suggesting should be done?

the best part is that I'm pretty sure I know who that's supposed to be, and if it's who I think it is they sat in the bar all fucking round even when the action started
top tier police work

I honestly don't care what happens on tg or any sever other than the ones I go on, I just think it's funny

If you've been playing as long as I have, RP is the only thing left.
I've played every job, and mastered their mechanics. I can get piles of super powers in minutes, or whatever you want.
RP is the only way that I can end up finding jobs interesting when I'm not an antag.

i play this shit i get harassed by retarded moderators.
>find a guy murdering someone
>arrest him
>he is also carrying an emegg and the captains laser gun
>strip him and throw him in perma, by the captains order
>get killed, and fuck off to make some food while the round runs on without me
>return to 6 windows of some asshat mod asking me why i perma'd a confirmed traitor.

The mantle of /tg/station is a curse, why do you think Errorage and SoS became such shit?

I can tell you why that happened
That guy was spamming Ahelps because he got butthurt over getting perma'd as an antag, so they asked you so they could do "due diligance" and ask what happened
If you told them what happened, they'd tell the other guy "valid", and not bug you.

Admins side with their buttbuddies, time to find a new server

actually, every server is like this, you can't win.

I've been playing for 6 years, and I find no joy in what most of these RP-obsessed folk think is fun.

There is nothing enjoyable about quietly doing the same job round after round with a one dimensional attitude, at least to me. It just feels like driving your usual old car, but with a hood ornament and a new pine freshener.

It just ain't for me, which is why I mostly play security or assistant these days getting into all sorts of shenanigans.
There's always something I wind up falling into that gets me from one place to another, and interacting with all sorts of people, people and places I'd probably never go to if I was bogged down by the responsibility of a job.

I have nothing against RPing, per se, just how restrictive some people want to make playing this game be for others or how something so arbitrary is held to great esteem.
It can be fun, but that fun is interpreted in different ways and degrees.

I get that, RP is the only way to make certain jobs interesting for me though.
Security and Assistant let you change it up, and they're RP in a way. You're not at the genetics console hoping you get good RNG, you're interacting with other players, which is what I meant from RP.
Also, you can force people to RP as security guard/detective which is great, throw them in interrogation

Tell me anons, who is the cancer killing /vg/?

do you also see the real discussion happening?

not every thread has to be a clustertruck of people going in and out

Thanks senpai. His stuff is dope.

off topic, but /vg/ is just cancer that was cut off from Cred Forums

it is killing itself, it is the nature of the beast

I never understood why some people view RPing as this golden cow that should be looming in everyone's minds.

you've obviously never had to deal with an AI that doesn't heed its limitations

Med RPfags with _-~*ideas*~-_, waifufags, people who leak us on here or the r-word, nebs, over arching admins and mods (this is fortunately rare), and dramafags in constant need of handholding, just to name the big ones off the top of my head.

MedRP did nothing wrong, it is the purge that is destroying us by attracting the deathmatch faggots from hippie.

And delusional people making a fuss like this

Nothing as long as they aren't shitters immediately.

I'm a /vg/ regular and I'll help new guys out if they ask questions but if they start breaking windows to space and greytiding their first shift then it gets annoying.

this game is very well populated but it's still a shame how little people talk about it on here. This game is so amazing and complex while still being accessible once you get the basics.

Truly one of the greatest games of human interaction you'll find. Forget Traitor in terrorist town or other "traitor" games. This is the one true king of them all.

Also play on Hippie, other servers suck.

Hippie is too wild for my tastes, hell even /tg/ Sybil is to wild.

>hippie
Disgusting

I dunno, I think it's a good thing it's not talked about too much
I agree that it could use a little more exposure, but maybe a thread every two or three months would be good
newfags are terrible everywhere, and ss13 is no exception
also, every player extra means one more chance for a brightly haired >girl in important roles that likes to be a total shit, or FUCKING VOX NO MORE ANTAG ONLY WHEN

I do like the chaos of it. Doing your job is kind of secondary so you,re pretty much free to do whatever you want unless you're the captain really.

Hell even then you can just not asnwer anyone and mess with the clown.

tfw you weed out the scrubs one by one with the "hey man fart on my face please I really need it" trick where you put a bible under yourself while you lay down and it gibs them

I got 4 scrubs to kill themselves that way one round, it was supreme

Tell me more about Colonial Marines

I feel the range of servers offers quite the diversity. You have the cool servers where you're more free to explore and go on adventures, the similar servers where you can't say nigger and faggot because muh safe space, the hardcore servers with butthurt admins who take everything seriously and you should stick to your job, the fur fag autism servers where RP comes above all...

Newfags would probably gravitate towards the more autist servers. Or maybe you have a point and it should stay our kool klub.

tfw you hack the communication server while non-antag and dont even get banned

Well no shit, it's Hippie you're dealing with. You'd have to actively try to get banned from there, or be a flaming metagaming faggot.

Colonial Marines has the most autists, but in the least offensive way

Hippie during the daytime is a fucking mess, hippie at night when there's a little over 20 people is when it gets good because all the meme spammers are in bed.

They talk about Harambe nonstop even at night

seems to me there are a lot of retards and severely undaged kids

How so?
I never played on it

I assume user is talking about the people who are extremely heavy into roleplay

It's something that requires quite a bit of dedication/autism, but not in a way that's harmful to anyone else, quite the opposite actually

Degenerates
New Anime
Waifuposting
Shipping
Memes
Tier listing
Top 10s -anything
Turbo Homosexuality
Memes
Erp
Power-anything
Metashits
Frequent Threads mean conversation runs stale because not all games have frequent content or activity so people bump it with useless shit
Cred Forums is filled with NSA FBI Cops Dmca eletronic police
Moot sold Cred Forums Hiro and now Hiro sold Cred Forums to someone else
Using certain terms incorrectly just to push into argument
"18" year olds
Double agents from other sites only looking to troll and cause shit
Memes
Admins are no long allowed to troll posters
Many boards overflow into other boards
/trash/ and /s4s/ going to everyone board
autobumps/autokills
Uncommon Fetish posters (Feet, Vore, Doorknobs, elderly women)
Name drops
Tripfags
Circlejerks
"I'm gonna do it" posters
donutsteel OC
Big influxes of new people
The ability to post from phones
3 day long bans for anything (max) There is the exception of Cp/supergore which is forever. lasting.

The list can go on but i'll cut it there.

Video is spot on.
Although I guess the autists in /vg/ stations are having a panic attack at the prospect of new players arriving, which is pretty amusing in itself, I guess I'll observe the serbian in the coming days.

Attention-whore, and attention-whore admins.

It cant be left simply to who anymore because of so many people are doing it.
Now its left to what it is they're doing.

Haven't played SS13 in a few years, been thinking about getting back into it though.

What server isn't shit?

Citadel Station is full of nothing but furiendly folks. I'm sure you'll love it there! :3

Cut out the high rp servers, and cut out the deathmatch servers and you're not left with much. Might as well choose /vg/station. Or colonial marines, which was okay until the admins become little rp hitlers.

What's wrong with /tg/ station?

>furiendly
>:3
I'd rather kill myself, thanks.

Looks like I'm checking out /vg/, I assume there's a general I can hit up, right?

Same things that's wrong with /vg/station, only the chucklefucks in the coderbase want to be "different" from the other generic stations, and so have done such wonderful things as removing security borgs outright and either heavily nerfing or removing some traitor items.

It got taken over by redditors unaffiliated with /tg/, its TGstation now. Saying nigger or faggot is bannable instantly, nazis reference are bannable and expunged from the code, etc etc.

Yes it has a general

colonial marines sucks ignore this guy

Medbay friends report in

It's fun but the HRP marines are the worst

Tried my best last round.

Don't worry, I made sure every body in the morgue was sent home on the shuttle

There's also the concentrated metaneed for aliums and preddies to stomp the humans in pretty much any round.

Normal civilians aren't allowed to carry weapons, and marines can only sometimes use explosives to set traps for aliums. Marines aren't allowed to haul ass to escape a pred's suicide bomb. Aliums spawn with allied NPCs and are given more bonuses every update.

discord.gg/YEh5fv7
Join if you're interested in ss13 and introduce yourself

>HRP 5 foot tall asian marines
>HRP (r as in retarded) doctors that take their sweet time doing anything for both roleplay reasons and the fact that they're too cool to read the wiki
>Cargo staff
>Command staff
>people shooting you in the back constantly
>automatic weapons that do as much damage and fire about as slow as the shotgun for some reason
>alien balance in general
>legit citadel players who custom emote masturbating or doing other creepy shit as aliens and never get in trouble for it
>everyone wants to be an ancient hunter/spitter and dies in the process, leaving the aliens with about 8 players to raid the ship by the second hour
>everything involving predators

and they keep that code locked up tight as fuck because if they weren't the only game in town they'd be as dead as the fallout servers

>but he keeps giving us the slip

Removing security borgs isn't necessarily a bad thing.
The problem is if they weakened traitor items and didn't weaken security.
If both are weakened, it's just generally lower power levels on both side which isn't bad?

You can still play Adolf Hitler.
Doing things like saying nigger are just uncouth. Because the problem is Liggers. They're taking our jobs.

>Playing on nu /tg/ and not /tg/

Fuckkkkk that

that joke was made infinitely funnier by the reference to that shitty texting phone from 10 years ago

Everything but the last point is true. There was a second colmar server and it died within days because the actual colmar was better.

outback part was great, but what was the deal with the lootcrate joke? Do people on youtube shill that a lot or something?

yes

On a scale of first-time sec to the holy toolbox, how robust are you?

disarm spammer

What is this even.

Loot Crate pays people to do shitty unboxing videos of their garbage to entice kids into buying subscriptions to them. You pay per month for them to send you a small box of cheap stuff.

I watched all of it and sent it to a friend and he watched it :^)

You got some real autism bro