Why are modern video games so trash now?

Why are modern video games so trash now?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/257850/announcements/detail/580226899033357682
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because shit like Skyrim, The Witcher 3, Bioshock Infinite, No Man's Sky and Fallout 4 sells so fucking well

It's only western video games that have become trash. Japan is still going strong.

Old video games are just as bad, children are just fucking retards so you didn't notice back then.

kys fgt

IME GEH

Companies have figured out the optimum formula for making money. They've figured out that you don't necessarily have to make a good game for it to sell well. You just have to put enough effort into it to be at least enjoyable.

The majority of the consumer base likes trash. Simple as that.

casuals

Because games are now made for the lowest common denominator to squeeze every bit of cash out retards on pre orders.

Fuck off green cunt.

Because they're made to appeal to underage shitters like you.

Just name any old RPG better than Dark Souls.

nigga, you are 95% memes

They're not. You simply became cynical and are able to see the faults you would easily overlook as a child.

because modern society is also trash. modern television is trash. modern music is trash. movies, etc.

what?

They aren''t.

Video games are much better on average now, it's just because of that the really good ones stand out less since good to great games are the average now. Older games had way less polish, extra features, way more technical issues, and obviously had worse graphical and audio fiedtilty.. Hell, there's not even shovelware anymore

Most of Cred Forums is either underage or has nostalgia goggles glued to their face to not realize this.

That said, there's definitely less innovation in the AAA scene, and there's more of a distint line between AAA devs and indie devs, whereas back in the day it was more of a spectrum.

It's always been like this, at time goes by only the games you liked (or hated a lot) remain in your memory.

dragon quest 5

Wish I had such a clear complexion

Literally this.

>inb4 "WELL POST SOME GOOD GAMES HUH!?"

sturgeons law

Dark Souls isn't a RPG

ultima 7
ff7

>really good ones
Please name 5 "really good" games released in 2016.

By "really good" I mean 8/10.

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

Nothing released nowadays is an RPG. Even TW3 isn't an RPG.

pandering to all consumers is how you make a shit game this shit is basic knowledge. You end up with a really mediocre or shit game because its a little bit of everything and a whole lot of nothing.

This really. Modern society needs to be wiped out and the resermt button hit.

That game has nothing on mario kart 64 which has terrain that can kill you obstacles
infinite turtle bounces and on top of that the weapons DO ABOUT 10 TIMES MORE DAMAGE AND the game is about 4 times faster.

7th Dragon III: Code VFD
God Eater Resurrection
God Eater 2: Rage Burst
Hyper Light Drifter
Shin Megami Tensei IV Final

They aren't
Video games are better than they've ever been.

There was a Monster Hunter released this year, you don't need to post clones to prove your point.

Hyper Light Drifter definitely isn't 8/10. It has problems with responsivity and framerate.

Haven't played first three yet.

SMT IVA's great.

ITT we pretend all old games are good

Games arent made for you anymore.

why are you posting that shit stain kys faggot op
Leafy is our boy

Only because Japan has always been trash.

Oh, I forgot about that.
I was trying to list off games that I think highly of that came out this year though; I don't personally like Monster Hunter. I tried IV U and found that the combat was too slow, and I didn't like the lack of a properly working lock-on mechanic. God Eater fixes this. Though from the looks of it, Generations has much faster combat than previous MH games, so maybe I'm missing out

Hyper Light Drifter got a patch a few days ago that makes it 60fps nerd

>Hyper Light Drifter definitely isn't 8/10. It has problems with responsivity and framerate.
No it doesn't.
steamcommunity.com/games/257850/announcements/detail/580226899033357682

casuals, the masses who support streaming/eceleb/multiplayer cash shop cancer.

In your dreams. Japan is at its lowest point.

They're not. We're currently in a new golden age of games. The lowest point of the industry was the 2002-2008 or so period, where some consoles and platforms got only 1 good game a year at times.

Nah

Name one bad Japanese game

Because you have to look for the good games instead of having them spoonfed to you

trick question, all of them

stop playing weebshit

good job, you have posted one game not even released. I am defeated. nice delusion.

Holy shit what

reinstalling right now

>list a game twice
>a shitty indie that copies an old game

How old are you? And are you new to this website?

This Cred Forumsros, sucks that we were born in le wrong generation.

xenoblade chronicles

HAHA, they are only subjectively trash!

>stop liking what I don't like

How about you just say what you like?

AAA devs really need a new fad, software isn't movin like it used to.

Tales of Zestiria. Ys Memories of Celceta.

That's a western game pretending to be japanese, doesn't count

that looks really boring even if it's flashy

they just preemptively dodged and then punished the slow attack

Ressurection and Rage Burst have some different combat mechanics and have different story and characters.
Hyper Light Drifter is a good game that mimics older good games

post 5 western ones

Because you're gay

You grew up.

weebs will buy anything if it looks like their animes

lol i love idubs he is so funny and orginal. when he say "im gay xD" i always die laughing lol

The game industry since the beginning is masterful at copying everything wrong with the games while blatantly ignoring everything that made em good.

And now we have 30+ years of bad baggage.

I don't really play Western games but I'll try:
Overwatch
DOOM
XCom 2
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Hyper Light Drifter

Better yet, here's every game in 2016 I think is an 8/10 or better that i've played

DOOM
Pokken
Digimon cyber sleuth
Overwatch
Dragon's Dogma: DA
Rise of the Tomb Raider
XCOM 2
SMT IV
SFV
Rocket League
FE Fates
Far Cry Primal
Stardew Valley
Ratchet and Clank
Severed
Uncharted 4
Guilty Gear Xrd Relavator
Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Kirby Planet Robobot
Inside
Deus Ex Mankind divided

Nah

She clearly got hit by several of those things.
It's just a move with a ton of iframes, nothing mechanically impressive.

Looks like a handful of 6.5s

now remove the rootkits

That looks so anime it hurts.
Also, I don't know the game but from the UI I guess it's for a portable system, that sucks.

game name?

>tfw most of the games I've been playing and enjoying the most in the past two years have been remasters and re-releases

feels bad.

Do you like any video games user?

Filename anons
Its Ray Gigant
Its on Vita and PC

You shame him for (trying) to go against the norm as an appeal for acceptance. What you're doing is no different.

Gah, the combat in Nier looks so nice. The soundtrack is incredible, I downloaded it a while ago. I need to play the first one.

RPGs are getting worse because new devs grew up playing video game RPGs instead of DnD. Older devs were bringing that passion into videogames.

I don't think most new debs are actually that passionate about role playing aspects.

It's probably the same for a lot of games, devs aren't nerds anymore, they're people that want to be part of nerd culture.

I though it was the name of the monster on the background or something.
Also, whats with all the Vita games coming to PC lately?

You sound like a 90's kid

Same shit every thread

>WAAAH WHY ARE THERE NO GOOD VIDEO GAMES
>make a list of good video games
>SJW meme shit, medicore 6.3, boring a repetitive, ect

Mods should just purge these threads

Why mixed reviews on steam?

no, modern POPULAR media is trash
it wasn't very good back in the generation you wish you were born in, either

anime

The only bad game on that list is Far Cry Primal, and thats because its just worse Far Cry 4

Kill yourself

Its very easy

>copies an old game
Which old game does it copy?

It being worse then another game in the series doesn't make it bad, it just makes it not as good

2D Zelda

>literally copying assets and code from FC4 and making it BUT IN THE STONE AGE...
Everyone agrees FCP is shit

Which Zelda had fast paced dash heavy challenging combat with a lot of crowd control can you refresh my memory?

the I'm gay man again

>now

Fallout

because you (the fan) allows it

>literally copying assets and code from FC4 and making it BUT IN THE STONE AGE...

So then it's as good?

Are you retarded?

Once it became big business, people applied the hollywood methodology to it.

Baldurs Gate II
DS isn't an RPG though

>implying button mashing is impressive
It looks alright but don't imply this is genius game design.

That's because all of that is true, you fucking hipster.

You're gay

System shock
Final Fantasy before 7 but also 9
Zelda NES
EarthBound
Demon souls
Shin Megami Tensei
Persona 1 and 2

What are you do here in these wooods green cunt?

>DOOM
5/10
>Pokken
It's garbage
>Digimon cyber sleuth
Kill yourself
>Overwatch
Kill yourself
>Dragon's Dogma: DA
Kill Yourself
>Rise of the Tomb Raider
Watch a movie instead
>XCOM 2
5/10
>SMT IV
Read a book instead
>SFV
Not even finished
>Rocket League
3/10
>FE Fates
Read a book instead
>Far Cry Primal
Kill yourself
>Stardew Valley
Kill yourself
>Ratchet and Clank
3/10
>Severed
Kill yourself
>Uncharted 4
You really need to kill yourself
>Guilty Gear Xrd Relavator
3/10
>Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Why haven't you killed yourself yet?
>Kirby Planet Robobot
3/10
>Inside
2/10
>Deus Ex Mankind divided
No

Hi Ace Combat-kun

>RPG series known primarily for its gameplay
>read a book
A "tired gamer" faggot who knows fuck all about video games who would have thought lol

I've played it
Gameplay is typical JRPG trash not unlike it's story

You mean "was" known for its gameplay. It hasn't been that way for quite some time now.

>SMT IV
>read a book instead

Name some other "typical RPG's" with demon fusion

Never liked any of the SMT stories so I'd recommend reading a book over wasting your time if you have standards in media.

Any RPG can develop a gimmick to make the gameplay more dynamic so it feels like something has changed or been developed when all it is is compensation for it's inherent shittiness.

It's not a gimmick, it's a core gameplay system that's the defining and distinguishing feature of the series. You'd be closer if you said the press turn combat system is a gimmick but that'd be stupid as well. Also good going trying to weasel your way out of being blatantly wrong not once but twice you mong, no one cares about your opinions they care about mocking you for being a dumb cunt

You have shit taste, no amount rhetorical justification changes that.

I really doubt you played it. The stories are very unique by JRPG standards and they're barely even give attention by the game since the focus is on the dungeon crawling
>fusion is a gimmick
Wew

Problem is that you don't really know anything about my tastes. Everyone in this thread can very clearly see that you are a moron though

He has good taste
You're the one with bad taste

You like a shit game so I can make an educated assumption. Using an appeal to a false majority won't justify your shit taste either.

All the one people without any bias in taste by liking the same game can definitely vouch for him can't t(he)y?

idubbz and filthyfrank are the pewdiepie of reddit/Cred Forums

Gamers let it happen. That's the one, and only answer. Those who think otherwise, are part of the problem that caused video games to become trash because they're trying to find an excuse for thesmselves.

Look at the modern audience that funds the industry

Truth. Audience gets larger, audience gets shittier. Audience gets shittier, mainstream games gets shittier.

Every video game ever can be called button mashing if you want to shitpost hard enough.

>You like a shit game
Where'd I say anything about liking SMT? Next time you make a post like that, stick to only writing your opinions because you shit the bed as soon as you attempt anything resembling an argument and make a fool of yourself. Just a friendly tip.

Why spend more money making a decent game when you can do a half-assed job that people will buy anyways?

So you don't like the game. Great maybe you're actually a redeemable human with standards. We're not argument because you didn't propose anything with logicality, it's all just biased opinions. If you wan't some kind of conclusion, the truth is I'm just using you to fill up my time by making myself feel better than you. I can be sure if I am or am not, though it's safe to assume I am, but it doesn't really matter.

It would be convenient for you if it was all simply a matter of opinion, but it's not. By writing "read a book" you show a total lack of understanding why people play these games and suggest a completely inappropriate alternative. By then calling the game generic and failing to back up that claim you demonstrate your lack of knowledge regarding the genre in general. Again, stick to your vague numbers and kys next time, dumbo

Okay. I understand. You're too intimidated by books.

epic

weeb shit

Dragon age: origins

Old Final Fantasy games are pretty meh to be honest. Combat is boring, easy to break, lots of cheap enemies and grinding. World building and plot are limp as hell.

How does it feel to be a modern contrarian

because you have nostalgia goggles the size of mexico

quantity over quality

>Why are modern video games so trash now?

Redundant question

fucking faggot i would kill you if i could

I really really like this image

modern popular media has always been trash i think you've been browsing /r9k/ and Cred Forums a bit too long

The economy is tanking right now, so your triple A games will have to downsize in content or their productions value have to lower.

Your choice.

cash money
get out of here you slanty eyed fuck

because games are now no longer made by geeks that wanted to make games but instead are made by soulless corporations that extremely out of touch with what people want

so instead of trying to find out what people want by playing vidya or talking to their friends that play vidya they just go by focus groups and charts of actually finding out what the people want even though giving the public what they want doesn't always work especially when it comes to entrainment

It misses out the bit where the big markets try to join in so they could make a profit by forcing there products to be the "gaming" food

They aren't

This year has been too fucking good and God-tier already. I wish games came out slower holy fuck do I not have time to play all this divine vidya. I've bought 2 to 3 new releases _every_single_month.

MAKE IT STOP

what did they do to that poor zepyranthes?

nah, you are just a sheep that pretends like he doesn't like mainstream western AAA shit and says there is no alternative, all the while ignoring dozens of sublime AA games that came out this year alone already.

>I don't like mainstream
>I'm a niche guy myself
>H-hey what's that game? Never heard of it, doesn't count, must be shit
>Well, back to Doom and nu-Blizzard's latest masterpiece that I pretend to hate but play ranked all day, Overwatch
>Also, gotta clock in thos CSGO and/or Dota2 hours to forget about my crippling depression
>Man this industry is shit, nothing to play huuuuh

It's always been trash, fucker. Look at the Dreamcast and PS1 and and N64. Look at the time frame they released in.
>Backstreet Boys
>Hanson
>Kitschy bullshit patterns on everything
>Most TV was toothless feelgood bullshit or badly concocted drama
>Everything was X-TREME!!!!!
>MOON SHOES. Fuck's sake. Put shitty trampoline suspension on shoes that were worthless to walk in and entertaining for all of five minutes
There's always been stupid bullshit on the market, but for some reason we seem to forget all of that as we sigh and think "I was born at the wrong time". No, fuck you. I survived the 90s and the latter half of the 80s. Mostly bullshit.

You faggots don't even like video games.

This board should be bulldozed for a parking lot.

It's really only modern AAA games that suck. There's a lot of good niche indie games coming that are great if that's something you're into. Look at darkest dungeon, eye: divine cybermancy, binding of isaac: rebirth, ftl, terraria, Mount and blade: warband, stardew valley, xenonauts. You have just have dig for them, they certainly exist.

impossible

And those are just the more popular ones, there's also countless ones that don't get any coverage by either gaming sites or youtubers and do not get cult followings on Cred Forums especially doujin games like Steel Strider or Sora.

Earthbound

>hates video game
>loves Cred Forums

the best

lol leafy fucking owned this guy and pushed him over the edge

Because you are trash.

no you wouldn't

Why is white humor such trash?

>My tastes are exquisite, you've probably never experienced them before.
*Tips Fedora*

Because modern consumers are trash.

okay user

>I haven't played a japanese game in 10 years

>pretending he isn't right
>memespouting

Good Goy.

>bought deus ex mankind divided, spent 3 hours before switching it ofd.
>bought system shock enhanced edition
>played for 9 hours straight.
Completed ss, still to go back and playDeus Ex MD

nice pic